Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Read FreedomPlus reviews below to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them and is available as soon as possible.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0 percent and 5 percent on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Mary
October 17th, 2019 Austin, TX

Not a good company. They asked u to submit lots of documents and then will decline ur application after they approved you just because your W2 is handwritten. There are also originating fee of close to $500. Bank is still the best way to go. This company is a big joke.

Linda Wiseheart
October 17th, 2019 Knoxville, TN

Sandra M. E from Freedom Plus was completely professional and was able to get a personal loan at the lowest rate imaginable for me. She processed my information via telephone and I was approved in a unbelievable short amount of time. I would highly recommend Freedom Plus and Sandra M. E for all of your financial needs. The process was so unbelievably easy that I can barely believe it. Sandra was able to save me thousands of dollars and I am truly thankful. -Linda W.

J.C. Harvey
October 16th, 2019 Jackson, MI

Great representative made the whole process very simple. Couldn't be happier!

Thomas
October 15th, 2019 Colleyville, TX

Terrence worked with me, he was wonderful, kind and extremely efficient.

Myrna
October 15th, 2019 Oceanside, CA

Excellent experience with FreedomPlus loan consultant his name is David S, he made the impossible possible. I apply for a loan with another loan consultant, but he said it was denied, but for some reason David S was able to work something out so that I can get the loan that I needed. Thank you a million times to David S.

Brad
October 15th, 2019 Maumee, OH

Very polite and trustworthy. Very informative. Loan process went very smoothly. Thank you Jamie.

MARILYN ARMSTRONG
October 11th, 2019 Uxbridge, MA DETAILS

They are honest about what they are giving you for what you are paying, though I think their rates are awfully high.

Janice
October 8th, 2019 Erving, MA

Made a stressful situation so smooth and easy. Friendly representatives and I would recommend this company to anyone who is trying to get out of debt fast.

David Garcia
October 4th, 2019 Glendale Heights, IL

Great customer service and everything was done quickly

Ronald Rawlings
October 4th, 2019 Goldsboro, NC

being a former Police Officer, I was very skeptical about applying for a loan on line. The agents were very honest and told me how to check for my security. I am so happy to report that they were legit and helped me in every wau to secure my loan. yes they are real and they will help you secure your loan in a secure and timely manner.

Crystal
October 3rd, 2019 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

Bait and switch bank. Kind of like a loan shark. Fast talking and you end up at a much higher percentage than originally quoted. Want to make extra payment by phone? That will cost you fifteen dollars but you won’t be told until you have already given them the info they need for transaction. Oh, and adding extra 4 percent interest for initiation fee? That will bring you annual percentage up. Beware

Gail E
October 2nd, 2019 Oxford, MI

Easy fast and very helpful person. All the facts are laid out in a contact so there is no guessing. Received my share of the loan in three days and able to pay off little bills. Very trustworthy company and I would recommend them to family and friends.

Craig Frazee
October 2nd, 2019 Mesa, AZ

Efficient, upfront and great follow through

Pippi
September 30th, 2019 Norfolk, VA DETAILS

I was told at 6 months I could get a reduction in the APR. I reached out to the loan person I dealt with multiple times and have never heard back from him. I started making extra payments only to find I am being charged a “check fee” for the extra payments. Freedom Loans is not set up to receive electronic payments from my bank unless they are directly pulling those payments from my account. They are making sure to get their money by charging me a fee for every extra payment I make so they get aren’t losing out on all the money I am trying to save by paying the loan off early. I wish I had never done gone with this company.

Tom H
September 30th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX

The whole process was hassle free and quickly completed.

Sandra
September 27th, 2019 Moorhead, MN

The ease of processing my application to getting an approval was fantastic. Had no idea when I applied online that day how fast it would be done. And in that same day!

KATHLEEN SELLMAN
September 27th, 2019 Fountain Hills, AZ DETAILS

I want to thank Jamie B for her great professional assistance in getting my loan. Jamie was wonderful and a pleasure to work with. Freedom plus is lucky to have such a great agent and she should be recognized for her work.

Angel Moreno
September 27th, 2019 Des Plaines, IL DETAILS

Honestly I rarely take the time to do reviews but I been amazed at how good the customer service has been. Friendly, quick, and informative. Not overly nice and confused. Rates are great as well!

Daryl Hockaday
September 26th, 2019 Pflugerville, TX

Amanda was AWESOME! Painless, efficient and effective loan processing. Had other online loan companies call in between time and was NO where near close to Amanda's professionalism and confidence in explaining items to me. YOU ROCK

Jerry Spencer
September 25th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA

Cassandra G is an outstanding loan consultant. She was very professional, accurate, and courteous. All the transactions went very smoothly, and stayed in contact with me every step of the way. It really enjoyable working with Cassandra.

Mary Thomas
September 25th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN

Ericka R, was very helpful and could understand her well. She was very respectful and if we had any questions she answered where we would understand.

Rob
September 24th, 2019 Prattville, AL

Amanda was very helpful and thorough with all the options.

Carolyn Daye
September 24th, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

I called FreedomPlus to change my payments to once a month; however Mr. David S gave me other options to consider. I chose to pay a little more and continue working on my credit score!! FreedomPlus was very professional, informative and helpful to me!! Thank you all.

Debbie
September 23rd, 2019 Allentown, PA DETAILS

I agree with a lot of other reviewers on here that this place is a money stealer. I borrowed $7500 to consolidate my credit card bills and I have made one payment so far and my balance if $7507???? I guy I spoke to was a real smooth talker and when I questioned the interest rate of 26% he smoothed talked it by saying that it is cheaper than all the interest rates that I was paying on my credit cards together. He went over that part of the contract so fast I didn't have a chance to object. I totally 100% regret taking out this loan, I am in the process of trying to get a loan from my credit union (who I should have gone to in the first place but didn't think they would approve me because I already have a loan with them) and I would have avoided all of this crap. The interest rate for my credit union is 10% and I am praying I get approved for this. Then when I saw my payoff amount on my statement, it says is $7576!!! And the jerk never told me that there was an origination fee either, I asked for $7500 and I only have a little over $7100 to pay my bills off so I was left with balances on some of my credit cards because the loan wasn't enough to pay everything off completely. These guys are real slick, beware, stay away from this company. If I could give it 0 stars I would.

Douglas C Meeks
September 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Application process was not too bad but not great, the main reason for 3 Stars is no Quicken support or not real way to download anything but maybe a monthly PDF type statement. Join teh 21st Century guys, people manage their money with software these days and you give no support

Richard Schellberg
September 20th, 2019 Sebastian, FL

I was totally in confusion on loan. Person who did loan kept telling me figures I did not under stand. I asked annual percent and kept giving me numbers I did not understand. When contract came interest was higher that loan I paid off and a $399 charge that I wasn't aware of. Watch your self on these money grabbers. Pissed of customer

Lacey
September 20th, 2019 Cedartown, GA

Erica R was excellent! Her communication skills made the process seamless!

Brian
September 18th, 2019 Duncansville, PA

Great experience. Very quick and easy .Vary friendly to work with.

Joe W.
September 18th, 2019 Lake Hiawatha, NJ DETAILS

Stay as far away from this company as possible. They make getting the loan a pretty simple process, but after that fact they are just criminal to deal with. They recently debited my bank account because they set me up on automatic payment even though they were told by me multiple times that I did not want that done. When they sent the loan documents they slipped that in and we missed it. I then contacted customer service when I was double billed. The company told me that there was no way they could refund the money and that I needed to contact my bank and tell them it was an unauthorized transaction. After doing so, the company refunded my money twice and then said my payment was late and charged a late fee. They are absolute criminals. That is the reason that they operate using 2 names. You will deal with Freedom Plus when getting the loans but then they get payments and deal as Freedom Financial Network which is not a Better Business Bureau rated company. That is the company name they use to pull their extortion. Beware of this company.

Cindy
September 18th, 2019 Alexandria, VA

I was given excellent service by Victor G. He has been professional, courteous and helpful through this process. He took away a lot of my anxieties and thoroughly explained my options. I have no hesitation recommending either Victor or the company.

Connie
September 18th, 2019 Gardner, IL

I had even rejected for a consolidation loan three times before I applied with Freedom Plus. My credit rating is good, but my debt ratio is too high. I have been struggling for months to meat my commitments. When I applied I heard back from them immediately and Sal who was my agent was kind and understanding and knowledgeable. I was approved the same day, the next day I talked to a woman who went over everything and explained it once agin and within 10 days I had my money and back in control of my financial situation.

Deverson Charles
September 18th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN

Good, morning. I want to start this email by saying thank you to Adrian for his assistant earlier this week. As a business owner, I've had the pleasure of working with several loan consultants, but no one has provided the Elite level of service that I received from Adrian. Not only that Adrian took time to understand what I was looking for, but he took the time to explained the services that Freedomplus has to offer and how I can utilize in the future. Thank you, Adrian for getting my loan processed quickly and for everything that you do. I'm looking forward to working with you again. Thank you,

Claude Sirois
September 18th, 2019 New Baltimore, MI DETAILS

The mailer states a 5 plus interest rate. Well my credit score is in the mid 700 and they still have me a 27 plus percent interest rate. I screwed up and bought in on this loan and now paying 50 percent more than when I was paying off each of my loans combined. I screwed up and I'm paying for it. Beware

Melinda
September 18th, 2019 Crocker, MO

Let's just say this is another greedy company that does not want to come down on their interest rates, making your payment options unreachable. My husband and I both had credit scores well above 700 and have never missed or been late on any payments on our credit history and they still made you interest and payments close to $800.00 on a $24,000 loan. All I was trying to do was combined the two personal loans I had, but the payment was still lower on two separate loans vs one loan for the same amount owed on two. I wouldn't recommend them; and as soon as they know they can't help you, they cease contact with you via phone and e*mail you.

Shirley
September 17th, 2019 Owings, MD DETAILS

Freedom Plus is an exceptional company to do business with. I received a circular in the mail, called them not expecting a quick response, but that's exactly what I got. I was qualified, did all the document signing on-line and in the next day or two, the money was in my bank account. The representative that I talked to was very well informed and easy to work with. Could not have had a better experience.

Roger Mason
September 13th, 2019 Lynchburg, VA

Ryan is extremely personable and will answer any and all questions. Thank you Ryan for a seamless process...

Tisha
September 13th, 2019 Saltville, VA DETAILS

Awesome customer experience! Quick and easy! Fast approval! Thanks Alex L!

Cielo J
September 12th, 2019 Port Richey, FL

The entire process was fast and pressure free. It was nice to speak to a real person who patiently answered all my questions.

Julius Curtis
September 11th, 2019 Shelby, AL

The experience was great. Terrence C did a great job and was very patient with me and my girl, she can be a little slow sometimes when it comes to computer stuff. He did a great job explaining everything. Thank you again Terrence.

Tiffany
September 10th, 2019 Cleveland, OH

Amanda was absolutely amazing! She answered every question and left no stone unturned. She was very quick with responding and made the whole procedure painless.

Annmarie Boyle
September 10th, 2019 Rio Rancho, NM

Amanda was very helpful in guiding me through this process. Whenever I had a problem, she was able to direct me to the correct information to follow.

Hannah
September 9th, 2019 Maryville, TN

Amanda A did a wonderful job helping us figure out the best steps to take and which options would benefit us the most! Through it all, she was professional, helpful, and a delight to work with!

Jason Murray
September 9th, 2019 Oakhurst, CA

My experience with Freedom Loans was great. The whole prosess was quick and easy and would definatly recomend doing buisness with them.

Madelyne Cotto
September 6th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA

The process was so easy and convenient. I was literally approved the same day! Would recommend to anyone. The representative was very nice and knowledgeable and walked me thru the whole process step by step.

Dan
September 6th, 2019 Greenville, PA DETAILS

YOU DO NOT EVEN DESERVE ONE STAR! On Sept. 1, 2019, I signed a contract with the understanding after I read the paper work and I was not interested all I had to do was write a letter and it would be terminated. Sept. 2 (Labor Day) I printed out all the 27 pages read them. On page 2 the rate says 23.86% but on page 7 the rate is 20.99. But when I was talking to the rep. on the phone he said it should be around 16%. Well I was NOT very happy with all of this so on Sept. 3 in the morning I called the "company" and they said I had to talk to the "guy" I talked to on the first. So I left him messages all day long, his supervisor, and someone else. No Call Back! Later in the day on the Sept. 4 he finally called and said its to late to terminate. But on the paper work that I signed The Freedom Plus Loan Agreement paragraph 8 its says you can terminate at any time. They just want to STEAL $764.70 from us. YES IT IS STEALING!!! This should be the last place anyone should look for a "loan".

Charles D Hardway
September 6th, 2019 Grove City, OH

I was concerned and they told me to go get an eBay gift card which by the way they put the money into my account to get the eBay gift card I returned an eBay gift card they said it was for credit booster made me a little nervous I still haven't received my funds yet I hope they are real homeless man can change my life forever

BOBBY KINNAMAN
September 6th, 2019 Archer City, TX

The communication from start to finish was excellent and very simple to understand. I never felt like my wife and I were being unfairly treated in any way. I have already told several friends about our experience and encouraged them to call on you if the need arises.

Bennett
September 6th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Service on par. Consistency and very personal the way got treared.

raymond sokolowski
September 6th, 2019 Lockport, IL

Amanda A was a pleasure to work with, always pleasant an very informative. She got back to me by phone or email in a prompt manner. Your company made it easy to acquire this loan where other companies didn’t even give me a chance. So far, so good.

JustG4Me
September 6th, 2019 Upper Marlboro, MD DETAILS

I went to FreedomPlus to get a loan. I was told the loan origination fee could be from 0-5%. After obtaining the loan FreedomPlus loan, I was charged the entire 5% origination fee. It turns out I had to pay $750.00 to borrow $15,000. I feel this is usury and somewhat on the lines of being a loan shark. I was so humiliated with the process that I went to my credit union and borrowed the same $15,000 to pay Freedom Plus off. After borrowing the money from my credit union, I did not have to pay an origination fee -- . Also, I am paying FreedomPlus an interest rate of 19.99%. With my loan through the credit union, they gave me an interest rate of 9.75%. I would like FreedomPlus to return my origination fee, since I only had to pay them for 2 payments.