Headquartered in New York City, LivePerson is a public American company that develops online messaging, marketing, and analytics products. LivePerson's powerful messaging platform, LiveEngage, lets users interact with agents through the web, mobile, and social media networks.
- Mobile Experience
LivePerson's premier product, LiveEngage, is a powerful chat tool that includes multiple features. The dashboard display shows agents the customers who are currently using your website. After a pre-chat form, agents can see the visitor's name, status, and other demographical information, including the web browser that they are using. Customers have the ability to see which agent that they are currently interacting with. Other available features include the following:
- Mobile support for both the agent and the customer
- Campaign-level dashboards and operations dashboards
- Powerful analytics data driven by the live data from a website visitor's activities
- Simple implementation into your website
- Translation capabilities for all the major business languages used in the world
LivePerson offers one of the best mobile experiences in the industry. The software includes powerful mobile user identification and alerts to let mobile agents manage their work and mobile canned responses. There is also a mobile smart connect feature that lets agents reconnect if the chat session is lost. Other mobile features include the following:
- Chat conversions and overall site conversions
- Current "engagement" count so you don't go over your paid allotment
- Number of customers "clicking through" on your website
- Average engagement length
- Agent utilization and their activity with customers
LivePerson includes cobrowsing with its service. At any time during an engagement, a customer can let an agent interact with them through screen sharing, which is a very helpful feature.
LivePerson offers its customers the ability to customize banner placement on their websites, making it easy to integrate it with marketing campaigns. The banner customization feature also lets business users increase customer awareness of sales and support on their websites.
- Payment Approach and Pricing
- Social Medial Integration
Payment Approach and Pricing
LivePerson charges per number of engagements, which means that companies only pay if a customer utilizes LivePerson tools. Although this might be a good option for smaller companies that doesn't receive as much engagement, it could get very expensive for larger businesses. Pricing is as follows:
- 12 engagements: $18 per month
- 30 engagements: $45 per month
- 100 engagements: $149 per month
Social Media Integration
LivePerson does not have social media integrations built directly into its platform, which can be problematic because businesses will have to rely on third-party APIs in order to interact with customers on social networks.
The Bottom Line
LivePerson offers a number of attractive features, as well as cobrowsing and customization options. The company also offers one of the best mobile experiences in the industry. However, due to the nature of its engagement pricing structure, LivePerson is a good option for smaller businesses, but may not be the best choice for larger companies.