ProProfs Chat Logo

Formerly known as Live2Support, ProProfs Chat is a major provider of online customer support solutions and offers a sophisticated "software as a service" platform to thousands of companies across the world. ProProfs Chat's mission is to provide enterprise-level live chat solutions, such as visitor monitoring, CRM and CMS integration, and functional mobile experiences, for businesses.

The Good

• Simple Agent Navigation
  • IP Address Blocking
  • Chat History
  • Analytics Features

Simple Agent Navigation

With ProProfs Chat, agent setup is incredibly easy to navigate. Agents can easily choose from a list of chats and see which ones are currently active. This navigation is particularly helpful in instances where there is a single agent at a small business who has to monitor a fairly high level of traffic.

IP Address Blocking

ProProfs Chat allows business customers to block an IP address if they have a spammy chat experience, which helps to ensure that chat experiences are relevant and real. Businesses may also set geographical IP address boundaries, which makes it so that chats are only available to those living in areas where their company offers service.

Chat History

ProProfs Chat offers a chat history tool that allows businesses to keep track of all past interactions with clients, as well as track new and returning visitors who engage in chat experiences with agents. ProProfs Chat provides both a web-based tool and a downloadable application for monitoring chats.

Analytics Features

ProProfs Chat offers some fairly robust reporting mechanisms, such as a "user footprint" that allows companies to see how users engage with each page of their website, as well as where customer support requests are frequently initiated.

The Bad

• Few Subscription Levels
  • Limited Social Media Functionality

Few Subscription Levels

Unfortunately, ProProfs Chat only offers three different subscription levels, which is relatively limited compared to the number of service levels offered by many other top companies in the industry. With fewer available levels of subscription, it's more difficult for companies to find a package that fits their needs well.

Limited Social Media Functionality

Although ProProfs Chat offers a Facebook app, chat users do not have the ability to create an account or login using their social accounts.

The Bottom Line

Overall, we feel comfortable recommending ProProfs Chat. Although the company only offers three subscription levels and its social media functionalities are somewhat limited, ProProfs Chat includes several helpful features in its service. Customers can take advantage of simple navigation, IP address blocking, chat history, and powerful analytics tools.

zaraimani

As these days the businesses are more moving to the websites. I generate 30 % of my revenue from my website. I will like to add few other things here. As in the world market we need well trained sales force we also need the same training force on the web pages which can chat with the web visitors through chat services. . I myself is using from live2support. A live chat service has many features like co browsing, snapshot, canned responses push URL and the comprehensive visitor monitor window provide the extensive information about the visitors. All this helps to provide the real time support easily and make the website quite responsive, Marketing is much easier is much easy in the web world then in real world that's what I think

Charley Luciana

There are many other advantages to mention of the live chat service. I myself using the live chat software from live2support and all these features are available in this service. One striking advantage is the comprehensive reporting system available in it helps to make whole of the system performance oriented. There is an option of auto chat invitation based on certain condition like no. of visits on the page or based on time spent over the page. I used auto chat invitation on my new arrival page and was able to increase the response to the newly launched products by 30 %.live2support also has extensive linkage with third party software. As far as to the disadvantage mentioned here I would like to say that the limited social media integrity is not a disadvantage in real sense. What I think that very few people use their social information to log in to any service there this integration is limited usability. AS far as concerned to the five level of subscription I myself have requested many features to be added to my package and I have got it next day without paying extra amount. In fact the disadvantage that is mentioned here is an advantage for me because I need not to pay extra amount of feature added which may be available in other services at higher cost

Angie Lauryn

Live chat is a tool with much functionality to serve the customers and to increase the online sales revenue. I myself am using live2support live chat service for last 6 years on our websites. My experience says that it all depends on how we use the tool to get the result and not what wrong the tool can do for us. A simple example I have used my company logo on the visitor chat window and that has created a great brand values for us.

Adena Williams

Live2Support has done wonders for my website. I was facing a lot of problems because of the bounce rate and we couldn't figure out why it was happening. One we implemented this live chat, with the help of real time monitoring, we were quickly able to find out the areas which needed a lot of improvement. It actually worked and we reduced our bounce rate significantly.