Babbel Logo

Babbel is a language learning platform and app that was launched in 2007. It offers instruction in more than 10 languages and focuses on getting learners ready for real-world conversations. It uses speech recognition technology, just like Duolingo and Rosetta stone to help you learn proper pronunciation.

Lessons are 10–15 minutes each and meant to fit in with your busy schedule. Babbel is accessible online or via Android and iOS apps.

You can login and try the first lesson for free, but after that you need to subscribe for more access. There are several subscription options:

• Monthly — $12.95
  • Quarterly — $26.85
  • Semi-annually — $44.70
  • Annually — $83.40

There is a 20-day money-back guarantee with any subscription purchase. Users can login with Facebook or Google for easy access.

3.9

Elisabeth Kinghorn Nakhon Sawan, 60

I used Babbel to learn some French before traveling to France for a month. I loved that the lessons were very time efficient and I could do them anywhere from my phone. I was able to successfully communicate the essentials in France thanks to Babbel!

Steve Jones Riverton, UT

Babbel is great. I love that you can start out by trying a portion of the program for free to help you decide if you want to proceed. Their membership is affordable and I feel like I've learned so much from the program. Their exercises really are what make it fun. I highly recommend Babbel!

Angelina Hamilton Gulfport, MS

I've tried many things to learn a language and this helped Product helped tremendously, I have always tried to learn a different language, but this has been the most effective. It has really helped me learn Spanish to be able to have a basic conversation.

Desi Pleasant Grove, UT

I like how Babbel is different from other language learning apps. This one lets you practice conversations. Tools are very reliable. There is a lot more variety of tools to learn here, such as reading, speaking, audio visuals, and etc. Love this app!

Jasmine King New Orleans, LA

I used Babbel for a small amount of time while learning Japanese, and from my personal experience I found the layout sloppy, and didn't enjoy the lessons. It's most likely my personal opinion, but I was never very fond of the app.

Tommy McCarlie Chicago, IL

A little more robust language training if you've graduated from DuoLingo. Give it a whirl world traveler.

Aallen Katy, TX

We tried using this app for our Europe trip. It was not as good as another app we were using. It was harder to progress through the levels with basic language. I have noticed there is an upgrade & it looks to have really improved.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Babbel has been great in helping me learn Italian. I like how they mostly teach words and phrases that are important when communicating with others, so im not just full of random knowledge.

Aleena Hafiz ,

You can’t do anything in this app without having to pay. This app isn’t worth it unless you have money.

Ashley Roberts Dallas, TX

Babbel has a clean layout and made learning spanish easier for me. I had a little of trouble at the beginning but It was an easy process

had this on my cellphone for a hot minute. did three words then asked for my credit card number. I know the app said that it has in app purchases but the fine print is extremely small. also not the best program that I have come across.

Amanda Montebello, CA

I used Babbel to try and learn Spanish but didn’t have the best results. It wasn’t as interactive as other programs.