HughesNet Logo

HughesNet

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

3.9

Roxann Nashport, OH

We got the 10GB plan for $49.99 ends up being $70.50! It sits and spins constantly even with plenty of data left. If it snows, gets dark, rains, everything effects it. I'm tied in to a years contract which isn't going to stop me from cancelling. They suck!

Michael Long Sheridan Victor, ID

Fine if there is no alternative. Data is expensive If you want to cut the cord, streaming will kill you with data overage. Owned by Dish. They want your monthly subscription. Big penalty if you want to cancel service before your term.(You will want out!)

Kelli Needville, TX

Worst service EVER! Customer Service is a joke. The service is not reliable and the cost is ridiculous. The record keeping is even worse. I returned my equipment with tracking numbers and yet they can't track. Result, being charged for equipment I don't have or want. STAY AWAY.

Rita Mccurter Hobbs, NM

This is the absolute worse internet I have ever had. I run out of data withing the first week. I cannot run my TV or any of my wireless products more than 1 week. If you like to watch Netflix or have direct TV DO NOT go with this carrier!! You have to sign a 2 year contract and to get out of it you are charged a fee.

Ron Stout McAlester, OK

Service provided as advertised. Very few negatives, and nothing to complain about. However, after reviewing ratings and reviews not all customer have the same opinion as I do

Michael Monk Skidmore, MO

Makes installation on time. The tech new his job and did it well. He commented he did not like to work. for his supervisor and planned to quit.

Jason Peyton, CO

The worst. It took me an hour and a half to watch a five minute YouTube video. Buffer. Buffer. Oops, your connection is lost. You people should be ashamed of yourselves for calling this an internet service. My only other comments contain lots of curse words. ??

Paula Gaines

Download Speed of this satellite based provider isn't as good as a broadband provider but it is all I can get in the rural area I live in

UnSatisfied Customer Spencer, WV

Weakest internet service, that I ever paid far too much for. Everything about them sucks.

Madison Kneiss Long Beach, MS

this service is made for big companies that have money. the residential is way to expensive in comparison to others. and all the equipment with the satellite and boxes. i would never do that to myself again

Kathy Trevarton Marshall, AR

I don't have many choices when it comes to internet providers so I have had to accept what is available. No dsl in my area. Would like a better deal on streaming ...Just too costly.

jessica Stevenson , IL

They are liars they told me after they charged my checking account for a motem I sent back that when recieved they would refund me and instead they put it as a credit and there service is slow and unreliable

Cheyenne Gravley Max Meadows, VA

Outrageous prices. When competitive companies offer 35$ unlimited. Better do your research before sighing up with Hughes Net or you'll be paying the price for the next year without internet.

Liz Bell Buckle, TN

terrible. no guarantee of any service. no concerns for satisfaction of customer. they just want to lock you into a contract and make you pay a huge fee when you cancel, which you will.

Angela Kelly San Antonio, TX

Save you money this company is horrible they well tell you what you want to hear and lock you in a 2yr contact for poor service I will be call At&t they referred me. Very Dissatisfied

Wfro Dallas, TX

Worst internet provider. Slowest internet I've ever had and the customer support never helps and only makes excuses. They won't pay the early termination fee and just make excuses. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!!

Bernie Krystkowiak Missoula, MT

Worst utility I've ever had. Poor speeds. No streaming. Data limits AND they kept my last full months service fee even though I had cancelled service. Stay away if you've any other choice.

SarahMeshell Dodgen Wheaton, IL

The company told us that the 20 Was the right plan for us even after telling the we stream all are shows. Long story short this company lies to tie you in a contract that cost a arm and leg to get out of.

Thomas Sylva, NC

I would give zero stars if I could. Huges net for 2 days and unable to stream anything due to it constantly trying to load. If you're considering this company, take my advice and just don't!

nicole grant Fellsmere, FL

they lie to get you to hook service up then its not what you wanted then want to charge 400.00 disconnection fee don't get you will regret it trust me and all other people they did it to already

Taylor Brandon, MS

Hughes net is horrible and It is super slow. I am 12 years old. I can't download my games and I can't even do my homework sometimes, it is truly not kids friendly. I do not recommend if you have kids.

Jose Quintana Oberlin, KS

The worst internet company ever. We canceled our service way back in November and they continue to take our money and refuse to give it back. An claim we never canceled service. We have email proff we did

Linda Crusing Kempner, TX

Most of the time it is pretty fast but being a satellite dish it does have its drawbacks. It's not cheap either.

Terry Milkoff

Greatest help from service rep over phone call can't ask for more very professional

Elizabeth in Blacksburg Radford, VA

Moved and their idiotic rep said we shouldn't have since they don't offer service at our new home AND they made an unauthorized draft from checking for service that was cancelled

Jared Gregory Pleasant Grove, UT

If you like dial up speed and 1G prices, then you might like HughesNet. The say it's high speed, but it's not even close. Hands down the worst provider I have had the displeasure of being contracted with. Do yourself a favor and stay away...

Rushie Gregory Pleasant Grove, UT

I'm not super impressed by the quality of HughesNet internet. They forced us to sign a 2 year contract before we could see the quality. It's definitely not the worst, but I wouldn't recommend.

Mitchell Stark Henderson, MD

JUST HORRIBLE! Constant buffering. Would not recommend to anybody, I am eventually going to switch. Save your money so you won't have aggravation.

Andrew Henderson ,

DO NOT GET THIS INTERNET. They say up to 25/mbps and in reality it's about 300/kbps on a good day save yourself some money and find another provider in your area

Brenda Griner La Grange, KY

Great services and affordable..They work with Dish Network Customers.

Nathan Lincoln, AL

Absolutely hate this service worthless!! Not worth anything crappy service then try to charge me for a service call when clearly the issue is on their end!

Melissa

Hughes net provides services out in the countryntry where there is no

Vina Las Vegas, NV

Very bad customer service, I spoke to Jose and he needs to take a customer service class!! Hire new reps if you would like business!! Consider this 1 star a zero!!

T LaBounty

Performance is awful! I hardly use anything and I run out of time and get reduced. My internet phone does not work. does not work

Rose

They are great. No compliants. Service is great and support is wonderful.

Janice Genes Hurricane, UT

They suck!!! I had them in the year of 2004-2008 and after the two year warranty on the modem was up the modem died and no longer worked. Which forced me to buy another one and the service was slow!!

Rachel Puglia Albuquerque, NM

Criminal incompetence. Horrible service. Lies and incomprehensible customer service. I will be suing.

Sherry Ferguson Allons, TN

Great they are the only one that I have no problems with

Doug Yelm, WA

Not very good internet, horrible upload, forget using zoom, works poorly. If I could I would rate them one quarter star.

Mike Willisburg, KY

Had Hughes Net for a week. Unable to stream shows and movies as promised. Buying 25Mbpm but have yet to be able to download 2Mbpm.

Eric Memphis, TN

Worst service ever! Signal is weak, can't game online. Can't use Netflix. Do not deal with this company!!! You will regret it.

Helen Buckhaulter Columbia, AL

Sometimes they are slow but usually the service is very good!

Greg watts Connelly Springs, NC

Cause they are good and care about their customers

Tom Farekian

There slow and no matter how much you keep on spending more to get faster connection, and it turns out it not.

Mrs. Follett

It takes so long to reach someone to talk to if you have questions or a problem

Mindy Kingston, MO

We had Hughesnet for several years. Our Internet service was not very good. It was way too expensive.

R Seiber Bell Buckle, TN

Rip off. Exceptionally slow download/upload speeds. Unable to stream. Fixed # gigabites per month and then pay extra

Chris Bloomfield Hills, MI

Absolutely horrible never works they charge for a service you cant use then charge you to cancel complete scumbags

eric eiser Jay, FL

horrible streaming and internet service, Constant buffering and throttling of internet signal..AVOID at all cost

unknown Forest City, NC

l hate it . No help to solve problems .Slower than my phone .l have it but turn off in settings and use phone service