HughesNet Logo

HughesNet

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

3.9

amanda himelright Elkridge, MD

Never get this internet. I’ve had nothing but trouble and it’s only been 4 days. I’ve called several times only to be transferred around and threatened with an early cancellation fee even tho I haven’t had service since the day after install! I’m running at 77% LOWER than anyone else who has HughesNet in the world. This is awful company and I would recommend anyone who was thinking about it or who has it to get out now!! I would rate a zero star but I can’t

Christine Untiedt Chicago, IL

I have the $99.99 30GB plan. We are throttled so tightly that the service is only usable for us for about 3 days per month. I clearly explained our usage needs when I signed up, the salesman assured me this would be more than enough for our needs. I was LIED to! And I can't get out of this without a big fine. I am sick every month when they charge me.

Tammy Johnson Athens, AL

Do not get this service it is worse than the old dial up service. Spent 90 minutes on phone still a pile of crap cant watch a movie for retreaving every 2 minutes Cant get phone to load from internet unless I turn off wifi and go to mobile data. They said check speed should be 25 mine was 10.9. Then they wanted to know make and model of my tv. What difference does that make? They are supposed to sent a tech out and we will see , but in my opinion it is a pile of crap. Do not get , run

V Desert Hot Springs, CA

It's a scam, they will take your money, I hate Hughesnet and regret it, no one ever came to installed our internet correctly and expected me to do it on my own and seriously took my money and had to cancel my credit card due to the fact that although I tried canceling for not installing the internet they said no and had to pay extra fee for them to install it. Happened in year 2016, wont stop complaining as I still hope to get my refund, plus, an apology :/

Katelyn Burdine Chicago, IL

If I could leave negative stars I would. They are manipulative and even after your contract has ended you have to jump through thousands of hoops and spend nearly all day trying to cancel your service. Their prices are astonishing for something that never works. If you’re thinking about Hughes net, run. If you feel brave I hope you enjoy torture.

Bruce Johnson ,

Hughes promised 25mbps. i got 1 mbps. called them and waited an hour on hold, never got to speak to a representative. I used the internet chat line and waited over 2 hours and NEVER received a response. I noticed an email for help. Sent an email but got a message that the email is not longer in service. Caanceled my service and spent an hour on the phone to do so. Always they said, "we are checking, please hold!!!!" NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this works Murphy, NC

Horrible service!!! Have had HughesNet for 6 months and have tried to deal with it. Called to cancel and was shocked that they are going to charge me 325.00 early termination fee. Wouldn’t listen and talked over me the entire call. I have never dealt with a company like this. They care nothing for their customer’s satisfaction. It’s all about money. Told them to go ahead and send the early cancellation bill to a collection agency. I will NOT be taken advantage of by this company anymore. DO NOT USE Hughesnet!!!

Tonia Demarco Ocala, FL

They are not high speed. Gen 5 is a joke. I called 5 times to tell them how slow they were and something is wrong. Well a year later after hurricaine Michael. They send some one out. My inside box wasn't work right and they had me on a bad satellite. They changed everything saying it would be better. Well it is not. Can not even watch neflex. Do not use them. I would love to do a commercial tell people the real truth.

Cybill Seattle, WA

Orting residents don’t purchase Hughesnet. It does not work in this area. It’s easier to used your cell phone services then pay for crappy services. I’m paying $100 for nothing. To cancel its $400 with additional charges afterwards. No payment plan they expect you to pay it all with the card you on file without your permission. So you will get overdraft fee from your bank if the funds are not available. My tv buffers and get drop calls. If your gamer. This will not work. It’s sad you guys stay in business. Oh wait you do bc you rip people off.

Dane F Byhalia, MS

Save yourself the frustration and just choose any other internet provider. Hughes Net is without question just garbage. I absolutely hate it! It is impossible to watch a 30 minute TV show on Netflix in under 1 1/2 hours because of the non stop buffering. It took 20 minutes to just get through a quick episode recap that plays before opening credits. I hope the people who run Hughes Net will suffer in Hell when they die. The worst suffering imaginable! Where for all of eternity, they are forced to use the exact same internet connection that they have conned onto their customers .

Bob Ashville, AL

Stay away from HughesNet SLOW internet… Stay away from HughesNet SLOW internet dial up was faster. They advertise 25Mbs coast to coast, this is false. I have had their service for over 6 months and I have Never gotten over 5Mbps. Their customer no service, level 4 service, has admitted they have a problem with their service but cannot fix it. I have spent endless hours on the phone with Hughes only to get the same run around. Their advertising is false, deceptive and possibly fraudulent. Considering a 'Class Action" law suite.

R Grubbs Blythewood, SC

Dealing with HughesNet is an exercise in aggravation and INCREDIBLY time consuming. The service is OK. Setting up the account and getting the equipment installed was tedious and again, time consuming. Trying to cancel the account was AGONIZING. On hold for over 25 mins, then CSR wouldn't leave script despite explaining answers to her questions multiple time. It's her job I know. I'd simply like to do business with a company that actually gives a hoot about their customer. It's clearly not HughesNet.

Jane Fields Deer Park, WA

We've had HughesNet for about a year. Can't wait for the 2 year contract to be up. The speed is pretty slow and oft times unstable when I'm on a video call. Last Thursday night the internet and phone completely went out. Called on Friday to find out the issue. Turns out the modem needs to be replaced. They can't have a technician out until over a week away!!! This is horrible customer service!!! I work from home and internet is critical for my job. I am so disappointed with HughesNet and would not recommend them.

Beverly Buie Mendenhall, MS

I've had Hughes for over a year. The service sucks! I've paying for something that I cant enjoy. You call them and it's a joke. I would never recommend them to anyone. They sure dont believe in customer service guarantee. You are just stuck in a contract paying for something that's useless. I gave ed them a one star only because it wouldn't allow me to give no stars

Snuffy Marietta, GA

Find an alternative, these guys sux. Stay away. Got locked into 24 mos. for our remote property in Western NC. Could not send photos from iPhone. Netflix buffered every 5 mins. Call center from Philippines is salt in the wound IMO. This was a second home for us so data usage was low for each 30 day period. Explore Exede/Via Sat. May cost more but it works better. I’ve had both.

Don't do it!!! Riverview, MI

I would give it zero stars but it won't alow that! If you're thinking about getting internet from this company do yourself a faver and don't! Its very expensive for the VERY slow internet they have! Thinking you can call to figure out the problem, might as well just talk to you're wall cause it will listen and be alot more helpful then the folks you will get ahold off! So please for all thats holy and good DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

Owen New Salisbury, IN

Terrible service. Too slow for streaming. Data disappears on weekends when we are out of town and everything is turned off; that really happened. The bill is considerably larger than we were told it would be and they want us to buy stupid coins for them to give us back what they stole. I will be going without internet instead of paying these crooks for terrible service.

Unhappy Nocona, TX

I called customer service to change the date of the auto draft of my monthly payment. I am a public educator and get paid only once a month and explained my pay date changed. HughesNet would NOT help. I was told that "you can change the date only once a year". I have a bill for the 22nd, and a pay of the 25th. This company is NOT customer friendly.

Mary E Messere Dunkirk, NY

hughesnet never tells you that you have to climb up on your roof to retrieve the"radio" from their satellite dish or they charge you $200.00. When I told them that I was 70 years old with no one to climb up and get it their reply was...then it will cost you $125.00 for a technician to come and remove it. They said that I would have to be there form 3 hours and wait for the technician. i explained to them that i had moved to another town and that the house was empty. It didn't matter. Now i am going to be penalized $200.00!

Benita Kellyville, OK

HughesNet is a horrible company to deal with. We live in the country and we were told we would have plenty of data and never run out between months. Well we were out st 3 days. We have tried to cancel with no fees for a year and no response. We have an internet service now that works 200 percent better. Company service is not a priority with this company. I will never recommend them to anyone as long as I live!

Vern Waconia, MN

We have only been with them eight days but we found out their WiFi interferes with our phones, people report we are breaking up. When we receive a call I have to turn off WiFi in settings for the call to work. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with them and they know all about the problem, they have a fix, for $20 per month you can use their phone service. They offered all kinds of deals. I said i’d Like to cancel service they said there’s a $400 fee to cancel. I took their phone service but i’m Thinking I might have made a bad decision.

Jesus Alfonso GONZALEZ Monroe, WA

I only last it for two months with them, very slow, can not use more than 4 devices, including my alarm system in my home. after one day using Netflix, IT run out the entire 20GB they say. they told me it can handle 14 devises at the same time , belony. I decided to pay the $400.00 and dump them. I won't be surprise , that a class action against them is coming soon.

Max Breisse Katy, TX

this company always looking for excuses to resolve your issues, they tide you up with a contract and they avoid to let you go at any cost, they don't care if you are not having the services you need. I regretted to sign with this company and I'm suffering from the service and paying the full bill. I don't recommend to anyone regardless of the offer to sign with them.

justin polk Eight Mile, AL

they have data limits, which i hate. feel like i have to monitor my viewing habits to make sure i don't exceed. They don't charge more , they slow down my MPS. the speed is not consistent.

Lauren Marshfield, MO

Hughesnet is the worst internet service provider. The are the most Stupid, incompetent idiots ever. It never works. And then when you call and complain, they act like you're the stupid one. Hey Hughesnet only an idiot wouldn't know where to find the search bar in google. If you like paying for internet that never works, then Hughesnet is perfect for you.

ELIZA BALISACAN Longview, TX

THIS IS THE WORST INTERNET CO. THEY ARE EXTREMELY SLOW. THEY LIE ABOUT BEING UNLIMITED THEY ABSOLUTELY ARE NOT UNLIMITED THEN I WAS NOT AWARE OF A CONTRACT THEY TOLD ME WHEN I TOLD THEM I WOULD NOT GET INTERNET THAT HAS A CONTRACT THEY TOLD ME THAT I DIDNT HAVE TO GET A CONTRACT I GUESS NOW THAT WAS A LIE JUST TO GET ME TO GET THEY SUCK EXTREMELY SLOW BAD SERVICE I FEEL SOO PLAYED. THEY ARE THEY WORSE SERVICE EVER AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME CHECK ON FACE BOOK . DO NOT GET THEIR SERVICE NO MATTER IF THEY LIE TO YOU AND TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN DO MONTH TO MONTH.

Tim Carver Seneca, SC

Worse than dialup! Been complaining for +1 month (2x week), spending hours on phone only to be passed around doing the same tests with same results: less than 1mps. They say wait for a phone call from techs. Same tests; wait for another call; more same tests. More delays. Billing continues. They quickly remind you of 2 year contract or $400 payout. What a rip off!!

Sheila Marshall Mesa, AZ

I would not recommend Hughes Net to anyone. They are crooks. When you cancel your service they don't send you your boxed to send their crap back. They suck more than 3 hundred dollars out of your bank account so they can work off of your money while you fight to get it back. You end up having to use your own money to send their crap back and they still work off your money until their good and ready to give it back. A multi million dollar company that steels from the poor to line their own pockets.

SHERMAN AARON MACE Sterling, MI

I lived in my last home for 40 years and had cable most of those years. i never had 1/10 of the problems i have had with Hughes. If it looks like rain i lose service. Now at 75 i have to climb on my roof when it snows to clean the disk and restore service. To watch anything on You Tube is to put up with constant circles. i will find a new provider or will do without.

Troy Battle Creek, MI

Had the service for one month and it never really worked. I asked for a tech since I was paying for one, they still wanted to do things over the phone. Long story short, never had a tech come out, took three days of fight to cancel the service. By far this was the worst company I ever worked with in my life just to receive the same crappy signal I get on my cell phone at the same crappy price DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM!!

Butch Harrison, MI

I have been complaining on slow speed ever since ive have been a customer There comment is always its good at our end! but there not here you cant get anyone to come and see what your talking about! Its pretty bad when you are on face book and he pics wont download unless you refresh it 2-3 times! I am waiting for my contract to end and will cancel there ads for fast service is a fraud! I live in a rural area and Hard to find providers but anyone is better than hughes net

Bob I Overland Park, KS

Please be aware Hughesnet will offer you so called "Bonus time". I was offered 100 extra gig a month. But they only give you 50 gig. I am a month in of my 2 year contract and went over my 10 gig expecting the bonus time would kick in. BUT what they don't tell you is that that bonus time can only be used between the hours of 2 am to 8 am. I am stuck with this because I live in a rural area and they are my only option at this time. I will pay to get out of this mess as soon as another option becomes available.

Bill Hines Plymouth, MN

If you want reliable service 24/7 do not use HughesNet. They have oversold their capacity IMO. Like clockwork at 3PM CDT until well after midnight I get just above dialup! Hughesnet trying to convince me its MY equipment! I am not a complete geek in Satellite technology but if download speeds during off peak is running 25 to 35 mbps and 1.5 mbps or below during peak it is NOT my computer or equipment!!!

Janet Foster Frankfort, ME

It sucks.........I have medical equipment that relies on the internet and it is too slow...... .

Jimmy jared Deepwater, MO

I wouldn't get this internet service if my life dependent on it. It sucks you never can watch Netflix are are anything for that matter.

Mike Muscle Shoals, AL

I was sold on General lies. I am unable to get a consistent internet connection. I have to use my iPhone 5G for virtual meetings. Hughesnet realizes it will soon be replaced in rural areas and is taking advantage of the only option until then. The fat CEO and Hicksville exec team are dinosaurs.

Kris Doniphan, MO

They are horrible. They are exceptionally trained experts at wearing you down. Typical response is “ I apologize that an employee at HughesNet gave you incorrect information. “. There needs to be a zero star option for this company.

RJ ,

I cancelled after 3 hours of THE WORST SERVICE EVER-STOP!!! DON'T DO IT!! YOU WILL REGRET HUGHESNET-I WISH SOMEONE TOLD ME...I'M TELLING YOU IT IS BAD BAD BAD -IT ONLY COST US $203.00- THEY TRIED FOR OVER $600.00!!! WE HAD TO RE-CONNECT OUR VIASAT JUST TO CALL THEM AND CANCEL-THEIR SERVICE CENTER COULDN'T HEAR OVER THEIR OWN EQUIPMENT!!!

Linda Hobson

Nothing good about this company. It's expensive and you are limited each month -- once you are over your data limit, it slows down as though you were using dial up. And Customer Service is also bad. We are limited in terms of the internet provider, as we live out in the country. I wish better service were available to us.

Kathy L Dallas, TX

There is nothing about this service that is good. So slow wont load any of my school work, times out every time. Hughes net has upgraded and increased my charges and the service is the same, lousy. I am locked in to their contract and have to drive to public wifi spots to do my school work. Will not recommend them to anyone!!!

T Middletown, CA

Don’t waste your time. Internet was slow or non-existent. An example.. Couldn’t get through a episode on Netflix without 10+ stops to reload. $800 early cancellation fee. If you’re a business, you don’t receive the $200 equipment refund. HughesNet is terrible.

Justsayin Blue Springs, MO

Seriously? $90 a month for 10G? We used it up in the first four days! Run away!! You can get better internet from local providers and when you call customer support you might have better luck at understanding their English!

Helgesen, Margaret Ocala, FL

I am 77 and I do not understand the confusing method of their pricing. I have had many internet providers and this company is the most greedy I have ever encountered. I hope they enjoy their spoils. Thank goodness we do not have to judge them. God takes care of that. Remember its only money and if they want it that bad, don't stand in their way

Allison Vincent Greensboro, GA

I've had Hughes net for 6 months. My favorite movie was buffered 46 times. We are stuck. I asked for a systems repair man. He said the little spinning dial in the buffering meant a lot of people were watching that show and I should turn it off and try later, then he sold me a internet booster for $129 that helped NOT ! I hate this system.

Frustrated Havana, FL

Their customer service is great. That's the only good thing about it. You almost never get 25mpbs. Daytime data allows some streaming but after 5pm their speeds drop to 8-13mpbs. We can't stream anything at that rate. Sales reps will swear it's perfect for you.They are lying. We have two internet choices. Both waste your money and time.

Mike Ben Wheeler, TX

What a joke absolutely no way you can go through 25 gig in three days and then they charge you more and service is astronomically below some Pardison would never recommend this to anyone locked into a 24 month contract I’m going to pay the difference to get out and get rid of them just a joke!! Only gave them one star because I had to!

nicole Millheim, PA

This is an absolute terrible service. Promised the 25 megabytes for second, maybe get 3 is lucky during peak hours. Get a hotspot for your home through a cellular provider like verizon, at&t or sprint. for so much cheaper. TERRIBLE!! would give this a zero star review.

Paul fassl New Port Richey, FL

all bad they get people from Pakistan to answer the calls and never sole the problem you have I had to pay 325 to get out of contract I could not even watch my shows and I only used the service 3 times a month at my cabin in north Florida Lulu my name is Paul fassl Hughes net sucks don't get there service no matter what .

Megan Albion, MI

1 star is to many! I was paying $80 a month for internet that really only worked maybe 3 days a month. I called to get it fixed 4 separate times and every time they said,"Your good!" So I called to cancel and they charged me $400 plus that months bill and said," ma'am your not working with us!" Do not get them!! Your wasting your money!

Jc Toccoa, GA

Beware subscriber. This is the worst internet provider I have ever been with. The speeds are slower than slow then when the data cap is added there is no using the internet because it then has no speed. I have been with them for a year and I should have cancelled after install.