Charter Spectrum services has been operating since 1993 and offers exceptional service to its customers. The company, which recently merged with Time Warner Cable, serves more than six million people, making it the fourth largest cable company and one of the largest internet providers in the country.

Charter Spectrum provides internet speeds up to 60 Mbps and no data caps. Its internet service requires a one-year contract.

View Charter Spectrum Reviews

Spectrum offers services in 29 states. This is a huge span of the country, especially compared to other internet service providers.

Charter has been able to grow so much in just a few decades because of the commitment to great customer service. That commitment involves a fast broadband network and all the tools necessary to meet internet connection needs.

The Charter Spectrum team is willing to help their customers in any way they can to have a positive experience with their company. They offer cable and fiber-optic internet plans.

#1 Comcast Xfinity Internet chevron_right
3.3
#2 CenturyLink chevron_right
2.5
#3 Cox Internet chevron_right
3.4

The Good

• No Data Caps
  • Short Wait Window
  • Spectrum Enterprise

No Data Caps

Charter Internet does not limit their customers with data caps. A lot of competitors have data limits, and when customers go over these limits they must pay fees or their services may be disrupted. It is a great convenience that Charter does not have these restrictions on their customers.

Short Wait Window

The Charter Internet team knows how important the customers' time and money is. At times, a technician will have to come to the customer's home or business to work on equipment for the network.

Many companies who send out technicians leave the time window wide open and make the customer wait for hours for the technician. But Charter Spectrum is different. They set a two hour window that the technician will be there. If the technician does not make the allotted time, Charter Spectrum will pay the customer $20.

They also have a 30-day money back guarantee their customers can take advantage of if they are not satisfied with their service or the products they receive.

Spectrum Enterprise

Spectrum offers fiber-optic business internet for companies who want a fast connection for business-related phone, internet, and TV service. Spectrum Enterprise also delivers cloud services for their business customers.

The Bad

• Limited Packages Available
  • Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Limited Packages Available

Since the internet is such a big part of every-day life, customers have different needs for a service provider to fill. Most of internet service providers try to meet this variety of needs by offering many different internet plans and bundles for the customers to choose from. These packages usually have a large selection of internet speeds (download and upload speeds), features, and prices to choose from. With all of these options, the customer can find the best fit for their specific internet and pricing needs. This is not the case with Charter Internet, as they only offer their customers one package. This package is:

• Internet: 60 Mbps (downloading) for $44.99/month

For a customer who needs a higher or lower speed, other internet providers might have more options.

Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Charter Spectrum offers an internet speed of 60 Mbps. Some competitors offer high-speed internet up to 1 Gbps for slightly higher prices. Potential customers will have to decide what speed they need and if Spectrum internet service is capable of delivering these needs.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Charter Internet is a good choice for those customers who are looking for relatively quick speeds in their internet network. The package they offer would work best for those customers who know exactly what they are looking for and do not need a lot of variety.

View Best Internet Service Companies

3.3

Dakota
August 16th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

DO NOT USE SPECTRUM Last December I discussed with an agent a reduction request for my bill. We settled on a price and I thought everything had been taken care of. Come to find out it wasn't taken care of. My service had been upgraded. Apparently it was upgraded through my remote (which I would not have done.) For 3 months I was owing more than I was paying. I didn't know this until I received a call from Spectrum saying that my bill was past due. I spoke with a representative who assured me that this was an error on their end, who apologized for the mistake, and assured me that it would be taken care of once they had a supervisors approval. I left it alone for a few months thinking everything was taken care of. It wasn't. Come to find out I now owe more in late fees than I did for the actual bill. A Total of 99.03. I am not going to be paying for this and I am ready to cancel my services with Spectrum. I can't believe I am having to deal with this. I called months ago to have it resolved for a mistake that I didn't make and now Spectrum is trying to tell me that they can't fix it because it is more than 30 days away from when the service was upgraded. They made a mistake, promised to fix it, didn't fix it, and now I am suffering for it.

Brian
August 1st, 2019 Jasper, AL DETAILS

Caution! Incompetent and misleading company. Switched to spectrum mobile because I was told that I could retain my current phone with service to spectrum. I asked this question specifically, twice. Agreed to keep my phone and order a new phone for my wife. Upon arrival of new phone I realized I had not been sent a new sim card for my phone. Called Spectrum and a different agent informed me that my phone would not work, had to order a new one. Immediately returned the phone and was credited with a portion of my initial payment. Called Spectrum requesting a full refund since misrepresentation on their part was only reason I agreed to switch. Was told on two different phone calls this would happen. Never did! Upon third call I was finally put with a supervisor named Chris. Kept me on line asking several questions repeatedly. Was told he had to charge me the restocking fee. Offered to put me with another department but at this point I've grown tired of the endless conversations. Not worth the trouble. I've been with Spectrum over 20 years and they could care less how they treat customers. As soon as a viable alternative for internet becomes available, like so many others, I'll be dumping Spectrum! Worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Alison
July 1st, 2019 Mira Loma, CA DETAILS

Spectrum is quite honestly the worst company I have ever done business. Aside from their prices changing every 12 months and skyrocketing by 50% increase but their customer service is despicable. I called 5/15/19 to downgrade but the service rep was extremely unhelpful, when I asked for a survey or a way to provide feedback they said there was no way to provide any feedback, I asked to speak to a supervisor they put me on hold for 15 minutes and hung up on me. Again 5/17/19 I called to downgrade my services and was confirmed that the change would be effective immediately. I then got 6 missed calls and voicemails per day for a week while I was unable to answer at work, when I finally got a chance to call back I was told there was no issue and I can disregard the voicemails. Well the downgrade I requested NEVER was changed on my end. I called back to finally cancel my account because of the awful customer service and awful internet speed (I was paying for the 400mg and was getting 80 on the spectrum speed test) and after being on hold for 45 mins I was told there was a pending change on my account and I can’t cancel!!!!!!!! They said someone would call me within 2 days, they would not tell me when nor who. I called back today after not berating anything 5 days later and I was told it was still being processed and would take an additional 8 business days!!! I am not getting past due emails saying they are going to file it with the credit bureaus for non payment!!! SPECTRUM SERVICES ARE NOT WORTH THE MONEY AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ATROCIOUS!!!! DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!! And I work in a customer care call center so I understand the hardships they deal with but the service level I was provided was honestly disgusting for a company trying to change me $180 for internet and 10 Cable channels. Disgusting.

James Henderson
June 25th, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

Wow, six speed tests and only 13.22 mbps achieved! I hope everyone wanting to try Spectrum realizes they will NEVER get the speed they pay for!

Dianna
June 24th, 2019 Encino, CA DETAILS

The tv picture is always freezing. But their customer service is good

Gabriel
June 21st, 2019 Prattville, AL DETAILS

Fast internet speeds, good value on a monthly basis for internet.

Noname
June 21st, 2019 Covington, LA DETAILS

Outstanding service, Customer Service etc. I recently had an issue I called and actually talked with a human...well done

Alfredo
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

too expensive because they are the only provider in my area

Michael
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Other than throttling when server is overwhelmed, no probs

Wilma
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Cost was most important. Speed seems to be good. Need to improve on frequent loss of internet connections

Almer
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Awesome service and they did great work and service for the customers like us

Tim
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Cannot get more than 2 bars standing beside router. No internet in bedroom. 1 floor house. Was told by Spectrum that their routers are junk, and I need to buy my own router and an extender.

Mikael
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

It goes on and out but I can''t complain

L.
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Been nothing but great service!

Tee
June 18th, 2019 Lake Dallas, TX DETAILS

Outage in my area that did not affect me but Charter techs took my business service down without warning. When I spoke with one of the techs onsite, he was very rude and arrogant stating “we don’t have to let any customer know that we are taking down their service”. He wasn’t wearing a badge so I did not get his name. Although you may not be “required” to notify your customers...it would be nice if you considered your business customers. We were in the middle of conducting business and it didn’t matter to these individuals. A simple “we apologize” would have went a long way. It’s called customer service Charter....you may want to try it some day! Please remember, your technicians represent your company. If I treated my customers like your tech treated me, I wouldn’t have any customers!

David Winn
June 13th, 2019 Cedar Springs, MI DETAILS

Three calls to their tech's were required to fix a problem that shut down all services, internet, phone and TV. It was only after all the neighbors complained about the same problem that it was fixed. Only a few days later the Spectrum supplied virus program labeled the Spectrum(Charter) Email program as harmful. The work around is easy but the problem still exist.

Marty
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Good service but can shut down at times for a minute or two.

Joyce
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Fairly Good. Keeping prices down would be an improvement. The service itself is very reliable.

Jim
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent service. Works great with my computer with no issues. I also use it to stream movies with my tv and have had no issues. Price was great also.

Laura
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent customer service. The actual network itself can be slow at times or drop out randomly, which is annoying. Wish they were more affordable.

Beth
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

connectivity and customer service Connection will go in and out with no warning and you have to either turn off TV or reboot your computer

Debbie
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

very bad,they locked you into a contrat. But on TV they say they dont

Rhonda
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

The service they provide is acceptable. I do not have many service options where I live. They prices they charge are outrageous - but such is the world in which we live.

CYNTHIA
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

The internet is great. Customer service is great

Dennis
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Slow at times, pricey. Stop increasing fees.

cherylb135
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

No issues but we haven''t really shopped around either. Everything works fine but I would not say outstanding.

Ed
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

I have a bundle: phone, tv, and internet, and this I like. The ongoing rise in prices has me looking elsewhere currently.

Grant Lofgreen
June 4th, 2019 Provo, UT

Love the speed and reliability. Works very well. Very pleased with price and overall experience.

Linda Lloyd
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Bundled phone, cable and internet. Internet is slow att times and cable is very expensive

John
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Very sufficient for my needs while still only being a little too overpriced.

DianeG
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Not as many outages like DirecTV has. Also, with, Spectrum, my On Demand works all the time. When I was with the other provider, On Demand was more like Off Demand. The only thing I can think to improve Spectrum would be, when we have storms and the messages invade our TV, I'd like an easier way to get rid of it so I can get back to viewing my program. The only way to remove it, is to change the channel and then go back to my program. We should just be able to click one button to clear that message after it's read.

Nobert

Good technician. Spotty service at times. Increased prices

Michelle Derry
May 24th, 2019 Altamont, NY

Yet another form of discrimination against families who live in rural areas? Spectrum committed to extending their services to NYS rural areas. When will they fulfill their agreement? It is the year of 2019 and Spectrum continues to say they will not service my area. Our children of school age need highspeed internet, our farmers, professionals who work out of their home, small bussiness owners etc. Personally, my career is dependent upon reliable internet services. Do I move from my home of 35 years or lose my job? What a disgraceful decision to have to make. Many companies are moving toward employees working remotely. Why won’t Spectrum help secure jobs for professionals working remotely or have small businesses from their homes? Is it because there are not enough customers in the rural areas, hence MONEY TO BE MADE? A formal complaint has been filed with Spectrum and the Attorney General. I pray this gets the necessary attention to escalate and resolve this dispute timely!

Regina L. Lee
May 22nd, 2019 Lancaster, TX DETAILS

y experience was horrible. As a very upset new customer to the Spectrum family. My service was installed Wednesday April 3rd, or so I thought. The technician did not remove any of the ATT hardware and seemed liked he would have rather been anywhere else. However, he hooked up the cable and the modem and when I asked about my smart home features he said everything was working. That is until I realized the system was still plugged up and hard wired into the ATT products. Once I unplugged the ATT equipment, the WiFi and the internet stopped working. I immediately called customer service but even with their help they felt I needed another technician to come out but were not available until Monday. The next technician came out and I was not there but left my sister who lives there. Once I got home, she stated this technician said the 1st technician left some components out but he fixed them. But when I looked at my smart thermostat it would not even come on, plus the doorbell camera was still not able to use the WiFi. Again I called customer support who told me they should not have given me that modem because my WiFi was not able to reach my front door. In addition, upon checking my download and upload speeds they were 28.7 and 2.8 respectively. The agent apologized and set up another appointment for Wednesday but said they may call if they have availability for Tuesday. Tuesday I received a call from Spectrum and they set up an appointment for that day. Alvin was the technician who showed up and he was awesome! He said they never disconnected the ATT service from outside and that he would hard wire me because with that modem, I would need that to maximize the WiFi. He ensured everything was done correctly and working properly. Only he doesn't normally work in my area and could not find the upgrade for the modem and router. Last but not least, Leland showed up Thursday to change the modem and router. He also was awesome, but the persons he called into were not as good. It took him a minimal amount of time to change everything out, but an eternity just for them to remove the old equipment and add the new equipment. Then it was working and the agent refreshed and again everything stopped. A side note is the 1st and 2nd technicians supervisors called to ask about the service. They apologized and said this information would help them to have teaching moments. I also spoke with customer service and emailed this to a manager with no input except a $17 dollar credit to an almost doubled bill that had a 50 dollar service charge for the correct modem. I should have stayed with AT&T. Straight crap. I will not be staying with them for long. Horrible customer service!!!!

Rosie Hansen
May 21st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Since Charter Spectrum took over Time Warner Cable, I've had the most horrible experience with them!! They spiked the rates after the transition and we just had to cancel the services. Very disappointing!

Dave Cammerer
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Quick response to issues helpful and courteous

GEORGE

we have used their service for over 40 years, very fast and reliable

Terrilee Highland
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Very helpful if we have issues. My only complaint is the pricing jump after the initial deal ends.

Luke Wenneberg
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Reliable service, but lie about price increase after first year

Friend
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Best company so far. great customer service, strong fast internet, phone and tv.

William
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

excellent internet access and bandwidth and speed

Connie McNeill
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

So far I have no complaints. I love not being under a contract. I just don't look forward to when they will be going up on my bill.

Sam Jones
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Love the high speed and no data cap. A lil on the expensive side

Anita Harrison
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Availibility of services and lack of down time

Frank
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Need more live agents only time you get a real person is when you past due because robot phone cant understand

Texas PetOwner
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Because I have no other choice, I need to keep spectrum, I am paying for 100mbps, but it is randomly that we get that speed, we fluctuate from 5 to 60 average. I wish they had competition, I would switch in a split second.

Stephen M Depauw
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good no down time and they are easy to work with if there is a problem

Cathie Chavez
May 15th, 2019 Banning, CA DETAILS

When ever there’s been a problem i will call and they fix the problem in a professional way

Taya Fitzgerald-Hyman
May 14th, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

My experience has been pretty good. They do not cost and the streaming for devices connected to wifi is pretty face. I do think that their tv provider is a bit expensive but I do feel like they could expand more.

Julie Lyons
May 14th, 2019 Paris, KY DETAILS

They usually resolve my problem in one call.