Charter Spectrum Logo

Charter Spectrum

6.1

Charter Spectrum, also known as Spectrum, has been operating since 1993 and is a household name in the United States. The company, which recently merged with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, serves more than six million people, making it the fourth largest cable company and one of the largest internet providers in the country.

Charter Spectrum provides internet speeds up to 60 Mbps with no data caps. Its internet service requires a one-year contract.

View Charter Spectrum Reviews

Spectrum offers services in a huge span of the country, especially compared to other internet service providers.

Charter has been able to grow rapidly in just a few decades, attributing this success in part to its customer service commitment. That commitment involves a fast broadband network and all the tools necessary to meet internet connection needs.

The Charter Spectrum team is willing to help their customers in any way they can to have a positive experience with their company. They offer cable and fiber-optic internet plans.

The Good

• No Data Caps
  • Short Wait Window
  • Spectrum Enterprise
  • Bundling Options
  • No Hidden Fees

No Data Caps

Spectrum internet doesn't limit its customers with data caps. A lot of competitors have data limits, and when customers go over these limits they pay fees or their services are disrupted. It's a convenience worth looking into, and this feature alone may be what steers you to Spectrum.

Short Wait Window

The Spectrum internet team knows losing internet service can mean losing time and money. At some point, you'll probably need a technician to come to your home or business to work on network equipment.

Many companies who send out technicians leave the time window wide open and make the customer wait for hours for the technician. Thankfully, Charter Spectrum is different. They set a two hour window that the technician will be there. If the technician does not make the allotted time, Charter Spectrum will pay the customer $20.

They also have a 30-day money-back guarantee their customers can take advantage of if they are not satisfied with their service or the products they receive.

Spectrum Enterprise

Spectrum offers fiber-optic business internet for companies who want a fast connection for phone, internet, and TV service. Spectrum Enterprise also delivers cloud services for their business customers.

Bundling Options

While Spectrum may not have a variety of standalone internet packages, they do have several options that can help you bundle internet, phone service, and cable channels:

• Charter Spectrum Double Play — $89.98 per month, 125+ channels and 100 Mbps
    • Silver — $109.98 per month, 175+ channels and 100 Mbps
    • Gold — $129.98 per month, 200+ channels and 100 Mbps
  • Spectrum Internet & Phone — $64.98 per month, unlimited calling and 100 Mbps
  • Spectrum Triple Play Select — $99.97 per month, 125+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps
    • Triple Play Silver — $119.97 per month, 175+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps
    • Triple Play Gold — $139.97 per month, 200+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps

No Hidden Fees

While Spectrum does charge a fee to lease a router and another fee for installation, the company is more transparent than some service providers in the industry. Be sure to read contract terms thoroughly and take time to understand billing, your monthly rate, and whether you'll pay more after a certain duration of service.

The Bad

• Limited Internet-Only Packages Available
  • Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Limited Internet-Only Packages Available

Most internet service providers try to meet various audience needs by offering many different plans and bundles. These packages usually have a large selection of internet speeds (download and upload speeds), features, and prices to choose from. With all of these options, you're more likely to find the best fit for your specific internet and pricing needs. This is not the case with Spectrum internet, as they only offer their customers one package:

• Spectrum Internet: 60 Mbps for $44.99 per month

If you're only looking for internet and this package doesn't impress you, you'll need to choose another ISP.

However, you may be interested in Spectrum's internet and cable TV bundling options.

Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Charter Spectrum offers an internet speed of 60 Mbps. Some competitors offer high-speed internet up to 1 Gbps for slightly higher prices. Potential customers will have to decide what speed they need and if Spectrum internet service is capable of delivering these needs.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Charter Internet is a good choice for those customers who are looking for relatively quick speeds in their internet network. The package it offers would work best for those customers who know exactly what they are looking for and do not need a lot of variety.

View Best Internet Service Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Charter Spectrum below.

3.3

b zilla Spring Hill, FL

typical internet cable provider, they are there to make money they only care about share holders. customers are not important to them and unfortunately they are the only provider we have, as soon as another one can get out here i am jumping off this rat infested boat

Valerie Lewis Apopka, FL

I recently contacted Spectrum regarding our internet outage. Rochelle immediately responded and she told us how to fix the problem. She was very patient and consistent. I appreciated talking to a great customer service representative. I assured her that I would write a review online. She serviced us in the the 32703 zipcode.

Cat Sussex, WI

Mostly it's great but there are several things about Spectrum that are confusing or disappointing to me. Firstly, the due date of the monthly payment could never be changed for me, but it was changed by Spectrum at least 2 - 3 times in less than 5 years. Secondly, the internet goes down for awhile each night around 12:30 AM for daily backup or maintenance or something. I understand this, unfortunately my husband works second shift and he can't get online to distress at the end of his workdays. Another issue is equipment. I had called about another issue last year and the two told me my equipment was old enough that I could get an updated box and pay the same price for better/more service. The device was delivered but it's been sitting in the box for a month. I don't even know what box to replace. They had I could set it up myself but I have ME and cognitive issues and cannot understand instructions, but they won't send anyone to help without charging me. Also there is no way to get any reduction of the bill since I've been such a good and long time customer.

Donn Carr

They are my business provider - First you alway sign up for the business plan if you are serious. As a business customer you go to the head of the class when things go wrong as they can. The speed is lightening fast, their customer service is consistently outstanding. I have had Comcast in the past and am so thrilled to not have to deal with Comcast and their "we just don't care" attitude.

A completely happy customer!

I have had satellite companies prior to going with Charter Spectrum. I am so much happier with this company as I live in the Pacific Northwest so whenever there is a storm there is a good chance of losing the satellite connections. Also, the speed of the internet is so much faster than satellite options. Price is high no matter who you go with so I woulld rate that a tie with the satellite company internet

Dathan A. Griffin Orlando, FL

I wanted my mother to have a better internet experience, as she is really into streaming services. We spoke with Avery from Spectrum - Dallas, TX - and he was one of the most stunning agents I've ever spoken with. He was knowledgeable, accurate, and prompt. My mother is super happy with her 400mbps upgrade, and I'm excited that Avery helped make her experience more enjoyable. Thank you, good sir!👍

MELISSA RITCHIE Covington, GA

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR CHARTER SPECTRUM. I signed up last year for a 24 month promotion and 1 week after signing up a sales rep called to ask my husband to try out video service. My husband said he didn't want it and they added it anyway and then charged us for it. After going back n forth, the service was finally removed. Now they're saying that because that service was added and then removed it took away our 24 month promotion we originally signed up for. The internet continuously goes down for maintenance which, causes me to lose hours and money from work and my kids also lose hours from their virtual learning because of the horrible service we get in the Covington GA area. I turned down several companies that offered internet service in my area, but definitely will be looking for another company for internet service. Totally disappointed in the service and the increase in my bill because of a change that was made by them and not us. DO NOT GET CHARTER FOR SERVICE..

Carol Lewis Myrtle Beach, SC

Although I know lots of people have doubts about Spectrum, I can say I have been happy with them. We have our internet (which was coming in and out) with other companies and spectrum took the time to find the problem, fix it and haven't had any problems since then.

Dameron Lyon Morganton, NC

Spectrum has been fair with us.I was outside working one day and a lady pulled up and asked about my provider (att) at the time,i told her i hated it and asked if they had any options.She locked me unto a amazing rate on my internet and guarenteed me it will never go up!!!

Karen Ezell Spartanburg, SC

Well, I probably am among the multitude who like and enjoy many of the features and quality of this particular carrier, but also dislike some of their particular ways of communicating or providing their services. I think everybody out there would change something about their carrier no matter who they have. I will say this, a long as I can afford it, I have no intentions of leaving Spectrum.

DianeG

Not as many outages like DirecTV has. Also, with, Spectrum, my On Demand works all the time. When I was with the other provider, On Demand was more like Off Demand. The only thing I can think to improve Spectrum would be, when we have storms and the messages invade our TV, I'd like an easier way to get rid of it so I can get back to viewing my program. The only way to remove it, is to change the channel and then go back to my program. We should just be able to click one button to clear that message after it's read.

Teresa

Each department with in Spectrum very courteous, helpful. In our decision in choosing Spectrum with Internet & tv services was based on price. Services that are at a higher grade without the extreme price cost and changes showing on your bill. Also No 2year Service Contracts!!!!

Aaron R Healdsburg, CA

Finding an Internet Service Provider (ISP) is always a tough task especially when taking into account cost to quality. Spectrum is quality internet service provider but at a whopping $70 a month unbundled, is it really worth it? Not all customers are in need of cable, telephone and internet services. It would be nice to see Spectrum offer individual packages free of disadvantageous prices to a non-bundle. Also, everyone could benefit from a customer loyalty discount. Overall their service is great but it would be even better at a somewhat reduced price point.

Lawrence B Bohns San Antonio, TX

I'v Had no issues or concerns and their customer service is excellent. For me anyway. All may be a little more expensive, but not enough for me to leave They make up for that in service and reliability. I have had Directv. They are very good but AT&T sucks .

Hoang Nguyen Richardson, TX

I have been with Spectrum for at least 5 years. They have been raising the internet rates over the years. I paid for the internet service for the full month from Dec 22-Jan 21. I cancelled the service on Jan 9. Spectrum refused to refund the prorated premium, AND Spectrum cut off my service on Jan 9. They cannot have it both ways. This is unfair business. They should either refund the prorated premium OR allow the service to continue until the end of the billing cycle.

Jennifer Abrahamsen New Hampton, NY

Fast internet most times. I dropped television from them (or anyone) because we rarely watch it. We don't have Fios in our area and ONLY have the option of Spectrum or a dish provider. Our Internet is faster and more reliable than neighbors who use a dish provider.

Cheryl Bishop San Bernardino, CA

I have had only positive experiences and I have moved several times since I started using them. Any mistakes on my account , due to frequent moving and were immediately addressed and resolved. The did not even charge me for installation for my last 2 new addresses.

Lynne

Excellent service. I don't remember when it has ever been down and I've been using it for about 7 years. Started when it was Charter and now Spectrum but service is better now than when it was Charter. Great service.

Kathy Haiker

I am conflicted. The internet speed is decent but for home phone, internet and basic cable it's almost $190 per month. That's crazy. I called and if I take off the tv access I'll save almost $100. So that's what I'll probably do. They have priced themselves out of my league and I'll get one of the services offered online. Shoot for what I'm saving I could get a few service.

Dimples Hazelwood, MO

Service is good. I am technologically challenged and they help me. Sometimes, though I get a person that tells me I can look it up on the internet, again, technologically challenged.

Dylan D. Kansas City, KS

Only been screwed over and over by spectrum. Started service at one address, was there for a week. I went with spectrum for the price. It was 29.99 for 400 mbps. Decide to move to a different apartment as the first was filthy. Call the transfer service, they advised I’d get the same service at the same price. I was on the phone for an hour trying to get it set up. Finally someone just made a new account. I said sure, as I wanted off the phone and I have no idea how their systems work. Anyway, I call back as it wasn’t working when I tried to set up. I was on the phone for over 4 hours that evening. Finally the guy advised me of my bill being 44.99. I said no I signed up for 29.99, he said no you didn’t. Anyway I was really upset about the price as I was getting screwed. My new account was only 200 mbps for 44.99. So 15 more dollars and 200 mbps slower. Real cool as a new customer. Finally the guy decides that someone has to come out and fix my router to get it to work. So the earliest someone was available was Tuesday at 6 pm, three days from now. So I go 3 days in a new apartment with no WiFi. Finally 6 pm on Tuesday, the guy is here. I wait and decided to call and was guaranteed he’d be there by 7. I get a call at 6:55 and they said the guy was running 2 hours behind and would be able to come till 9. NINE PM AT NIGHT! So I said screw it im desperate to get it hooked up, I’ll wait. Finally he shows at 9:30 and he was friendly, but figured out that he needs in my apartments cable closet. He couldn’t get into it as the maintenance men leave at 8. Soooo he calls to reschedule, the soonest someone could come was SATURDAY AT 3. I had no option. He apologized and told me to call customer care to get the week credited back, which I did. So I wait a whole week with out WiFi. Finally the comes and takes him two hours to set it up because he got “lost” between buildings. So he advised upon the situation that I should have received the same pricing for moving. He advised I call. I call and explain the situation to two or three times to a rep. He tries to tell me I’m getting the best deal ever. However I kept saying I’m pay 15 dollars more for a lesser service. Finally he understood and sent me to retention. I spoke with Aubrey M. Worst customer service experience I’ve ever had. He constantly kept talking over me and would get louder if I tried to explain. Had no desire to try and solve the problem. I was trying to explain it to him again, and he interrupts and I continue to try talking and he gets louder to where I had to start yelling to ask him if he’d let me finish. He kept saying that what I was explaining isn’t true because they don’t offer that. Finally I forwarded him an email confirmation of my order. Suddenly believes me as if he’s known the whole time. And says he’ll see what he can do and just abruptly puts me on hold. Finally he said they’ll give me 400 mbps as he sees where I had the promotion at the previous address. But they couldn’t lower the price. At this point I was upset and decided I’d start looking for a new provider. So I’ve been looking around. However today I get someone in the mail from spectrum about an exclusive offer for my address of 400 mbps for 29.99. Hmmm. So I call and explain the issue and she is searching etc. gets the account and said they don’t have a plan for 29.99. The rep had no clue what I was talking about, yet I literally had a letter from spectrum. She made me read the letter to her before she believed me. Finally I explained the situation and she tried to see what she could do. Ended up saying they can’t do anything better, sorry. So I advised I’d be switching providers as I’ve just been screwed too many times. And she said okay, well when you need help doing that call back. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I can get google fiber for cheaper than my 50 dollar bill with spectrum.

Tee Lake Dallas, TX

Outage in my area that did not affect me but Charter techs took my business service down without warning. When I spoke with one of the techs onsite, he was very rude and arrogant stating “we don’t have to let any customer know that we are taking down their service”. He wasn’t wearing a badge so I did not get his name. Although you may not be “required” to notify your customers...it would be nice if you considered your business customers. We were in the middle of conducting business and it didn’t matter to these individuals. A simple “we apologize” would have went a long way. It’s called customer service Charter....you may want to try it some day! Please remember, your technicians represent your company. If I treated my customers like your tech treated me, I wouldn’t have any customers!

David Winn Cedar Springs, MI

Three calls to their tech's were required to fix a problem that shut down all services, internet, phone and TV. It was only after all the neighbors complained about the same problem that it was fixed. Only a few days later the Spectrum supplied virus program labeled the Spectrum(Charter) Email program as harmful. The work around is easy but the problem still exist.

Taya Fitzgerald-Hyman Raleigh, NC

My experience has been pretty good. They do not cost and the streaming for devices connected to wifi is pretty face. I do think that their tv provider is a bit expensive but I do feel like they could expand more.

Tiffany Cota Queen Creek, AZ

I've been a customer of cox for over 15 years! We never had any issues until we moved out of the city into a town. It seems like my internet is always acting up. I still though feel like they are still the best that is out there

Robert

My expierience with this provider has been mostly positive. The advertised DL speed is mostly under ideal conditions. What I get is generally adequite for my needs, though. T.V. reliability is 100% better than my previous service.

James Douglas Seaside, OR

We've always had good internet service with good speeds and awesome protection. There have been occasional disruptions but very few over the past two years. People like to complain but the truth is that Charter provide very good service.

Haley Newman Hamersville, OH

Internet is great ever since a service man updated our equipment. The cable got to be too expensive to justify what we were getting. I don't enjoy the price going up every year. Typically customers get more discounts the longer they are with a company.

Maria Artiles Fort Worth, TX

My experience with Charter Spectrum was amazing. Best Internet service I have ever had, and best prices offered in the market too. However, your services are not available everywhere and I am still waiting for Spectrum to service my area.

Mia Tallahassee, FL

Somewhere between 3-4 stars. Had someone come out to fix my internet and they could not figure out the issue, which I get sometimes it is hard, but I kept suggesting an idea of what it could be. The man who came out kept telling me it was not what I was saying, and I just asked him to try, turned out I was correct. Most of the time they are very helpful and nice, but always late to help!

Alexander Johnson Burbank, CA

I really enjoyed the services and I rarely ever had problem with signals or programming but customer care is another demon. I recently ended my period with spectrum because of some unauthorized charges

Ty Williams Irvine, CA

They could be more reasonable Price wise. Prime example I returned internet equipment with spectrum & they still reported that I never returned it on my credit report now I have to constantly let whoever buys the debt know that I returned the items & that I shouldn't be getting charged for this equipment.

Ashley Hickmann Bellevue, WA

I have no problems ever! They make installation easy for the customer to do on their own. They also let you have only internet when that is all I need.

LIZ MUSCH Long Beach, CA

very bumpy, both in NYC and Long Beach, CA. Coverage/service not always terrific, but always difficult to get help/customer service. Also they aren't flexible: recently wanted to put TV service on seasonal hold, they agreed, and then they turned everything off and it took me 24h to get internet back on

tom webster Corolla, NC

karen on the service call from 4/22/2020 was great. overall cable service is very poor with frequent scrambles without resolution for years. Company is totally focused on making money and not delivering on quality of service provided. Would do to another service provider in a heartbeat if another option existed due to years of failed service and quality delivery.

Michael Oconto, WI

Dependable an price is fair! Customer service has been pretty good with assistance when needed! It has shown to be reliable with great speeds compared to the internet companies i had used before!

Jay Clemmons Cottontown, TN

Spectrum’s business model from start to close has been one misrepresentation and non-disclosure after another. The original equipment was returned to a Spectrum Corporate store and the account closed on the 3rd of January 2020. The representative was asked at the time of cancellation for any outstanding balance so that it would be settled; the representative stated the account was closed and gave a receipt for $0.00 outstanding balance. Three months later Spectrum is threatening to place an outstanding balance in the credit bureau though not having presented any outstanding balance before this time. When asked about the receipt showing a zero balance, literally stated no balance remaining, the response from two representatives and two supervisors was that the representative at their corporate store would not know if there was any outstanding bill and this was not their concern. In addition to the aforementioned, the monthly bill was 24% higher to additional fees associated with the service NOT disclosed, but added AFTER the contract was signed. By effectively threatening credit worthiness, this company extorted and extra month of billing, charged late charges and additional fees making them more than 125% higher than ATT and all other competitors in the Louisville area. If ever Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) had a living example, it would be in dealings with this organization. One star shows because you cannot post with a 0 or negative rating but this is the ONLY area where they truly exceeded market standard…in their malfeasance, misrepresentation and apathetic caviler concern for consumer confidence.

Cade Boudreaux , FL

Spectrum is a great service. It’s Wi-Fi is very strong and reliable and I never have problems with my service. I would recommend for cheap and affordable Wi-Fi and cable.

J in LA Long Beach, CA

Spectrum in Southern California is the WORST. As one of their 25 million cable and internet customers for nearly two years, the internet speed varied more radically than the stock market. Upload speeds were virtually non-existent. (They only advertise the number which is their download speed, 200 MBPS, when our average speed was about ten percent of that.) Customer service was horrid, both in person and by phone. When we received notice they were hiking our bill 60 dollars per month the first of 2020 (GREED at its worst by a mega-company), we decided to cancel and move to Frontier and cut the cable. Our bill is now 80 dollars less per month including HULU LIVE (which provides all the channels we would normally watch) and NETFLIX. With Frontier, we receive a SOLID 500 MBPS speed both download and upload. As icing on the cake, after returning all the equipment and boxes to Spectrum, and after being told there would be no more fees, we were just charged the 200 dollars on our credit card and informed by phone that our billing cycle began two days prior to our canceling and they DO NOT PRO-RATE service fees (a policy I was told was in the fine print on ONE (yes, just ONE) bill sent last April. That policy should be on EVERY bill. GREED AT ITS WORST AGAIN. Frankly, if I hadn't had the option to move to Frontier (many communities sadly have no options), I'd be ready to simply watch "TV" on a phone or iPad app and use mobile data just to remind companies like Spectrum that we DO have a choice! It's already ridiculous to pay such exorbitant rates to watch programming WITH commercials. Streaming WITHOUT ADS AND WITHOUT GREEDY INTERNET providers is the future, as the younger no-cable generation already demonstrates. If I had stock in Spectrum, I'd be selling it immediately, as that company is in for a major fall. All of these ratings offered begin at one star. They should begin at MINUS five stars, which is where I would rate them.

James Flowery Branch, GA

Everything was fine until I moved. Internet at the new place comes and goes at least 5 to 10 times a day for long periods of times. Apparently my old equipment was still matching my old address. I have asked previous techs to change my equipment and they are too lazy they said everything was fine. Last tech didn't know what to do so decided to change my equipment. Well that didn't do anything. The same day right after he left I had no internet. I thought only Comcast had unknowledgeable technicians but Spectrum techs are the same. About 4 technicians have come to my house in the past 2 months and still haven't figured out what's going on. They have my account monitored so they know for a fact the times I have gone without internet. Getting in touch with a technician is about 20 to 40 min. It is VERY FRUSTRATING just thinking about giving them a call. Have lied to me multiple times about giving me credit and sending a supervisor technician and that has not happened. If you call to get your service disconnected hold is for 40 plus minutes. But anything else will get you a representative in 15 to 20 minutes. That's still a long time. Bill for both internet and cable is now at 160 and keeps going up. They keep saying I have high speed internet but that is also not true. Don't have a problem with Cable that's why I give them 1 star.

Michael

they offered free wifi and a good rate. Then without notice, they started changing for the wifi after 2 years. it wasn't part of the agreement. then they increased rates for 2 months in a row. i called customer service and they insisted that i always paid for wifi and that wasn't true.

Rachel Valders, WI

I have just gotten Spectrum installed. I am happy with the internet speeds. Everything works great, however, I am very disappointed with the install. My appointment was for noon and my installer arrived at 2:00. The home that this was being installed in was never equipped for internet. The installer ran new coax which was nice because I got to put the router where I wanted. Today I looked outside and saw a orange cord running from the utility box across my yard. I was very puzzled by this. My installer never mentioned this. Now I am wondering how I am supposed to get this cord covered so that I can cut my grass. It is also on my neighbors yard. Where I live the ground does freeze, however, it is not frozen at this time.... Very upset.

Amy West Columbia, SC

How to sum up this company in one word is trash. We have just reactivated with the company and when talking to customer service about why the internet was inactive when we just received the router was them saying that our whole house was inactive... Which makes no sense when we just had internet before changing it when we suggested to move to a different outlet the lady then said "no that won't work I told you that the house is in active, sometimes technichines turn off the outlet when canceling and you have to have one" which then we set up an appointment for no reason because after hanging up we switch outlets the internet WORKS! So we called back to cancel the appointment and ask why we were told that our whole house is inactive when we have internet. The manager then said "yeah she wasn't suppose to say that we can't even see if your house is inactive the only way to see is to try multiply outlets" which she told us was pointless please explain your customer service skills like you just trying to get extra money and waste our time? Honestly, most distrust worthy company I have EVER met I'm about to start my own company which will actually have a good product and decent customer service skills, DO BETTER

Alan Oda

It's surprisingly decent. The company has done well in improving their reputation by providing consistent service. At the same time, the cost of their service continues to rise, but that's true for all of the available ISPs.

Cin Winter Park, FL

By far this is the worst TV/Internet company that I have had the displeasure of dealing with. I recently moved and unfortunately for me, this company is the only company that provides services to my area. I used this company a few years ago and switched to Uverse because my internet connection was horrible and everything was overpriced. When I made the initial switch to Uverse, I had a technician come to my home to pick up the equipment. Fast Forward to this past month when I had to use this company again I was informed that I never turned in the equipment and the charged me for it. I was also notified that I could not get service until that was paid. So I paid it. Thirty minutes later, I received a call stating that they found the equipment. I recently received a bill for services that I did not sign up for and when I called, no one could find any notes on my initial phone call.

Michael Wood Cary, NC

Spectrum is certainly a below average provider. They wont even change your payment due date, to accommadate the customer. Customer service is terrible. Our TV service always has problems. We are absolutely going to change providers, very soon because its quite evident that taking care of their customers is a very low priority, for sure. Bad company.

Cincinnati Sawyer Cropseyville, NY

We have had Spectrum for a little over a month now. A few days ago, our internet cut out. After two days, we decided to call. We live at an apartment complex, so the neighbors and I obviously live under the same address, but with different apartment numbers. Well, Spectrum did not seem to understand the concept of this. My neighbor canceled her service with them, which in turn canceled ours! And when we tried to turn it back on, we were given the run around for THREE DAYS. I was told they would not reactivate our account unless my neighbor called to activate it. That never made sense to me, because why does she all of a sudden have authority on our account? So, she called, and sure enough they told her that WE had to call them to fix it because it was OUR account. Next day, they tell me I owe over $100 which made no sense, seems I had only had them for over a month and had already made my two payments. After being on hold for an hour, they told me I had to go to my nearest Spectrum store with my lease to prove that I was who I was, and that I live where I do. Luckily, Daniel at the Spectrum store was our saving grace. I'm most likely going to be switching providers, because I'm not paying a company that is so ridiculous and unprofessional.

Cassie Columbus, OH

I just received a letter in the mail that Spectrum will be increasing my bill from 49.99 (which has been the rate that I have paid for the past 3 years) to 69.99 starting next month as it was only a 12 month promotional plan (still unsure how I had it for 3 years if it was only a 12 month plan). On top of that they are issuing a yearly rate increase that takes effect in September of $5. So moving forward my new bill will be $74.99. I called to dispute the bill and was spoke to in the most condescending tone. I wasn't thrilled with the increase but their customer service is what has piloted my interest in other providers.

Zhicheng Deng Austin, TX

I had a prepaid internet service with Spectrum for several years until August 20th when I didn't catch up with my bill payment. The company practiced what they call a "soft disconnect" on August 20th and I haven't had any internet service on my account since then. On September 10th, I logged onto Spectrum's website to view my account, made a phone call to verify the past due amount of $157.13 for the last billing cycle, and cleared it with a payment using my debit card. The representative on the phone closed my account per my request, but I saw there was still a balance of $83.04 due on September 18th on my deactivated account, for the billing cycle from August 29th to September 28th. I thought this charge was unfair and unreasonable, so I spoke to three different representatives through the chat platform on Spectrum's website, yet they repeated the same narrative, saying this was due to a new policy enacted on June 23rd that I was never informed of. I fail to comprehend why I have to pay for something I have never used since the service date for this payment started. There has been no data flow on my Spectrum internet service since August 20th, yet I'm having to pay for a bill for the period that starts 9 days later and ends on the end of September.

Dakota Austin, TX

DO NOT USE SPECTRUM Last December I discussed with an agent a reduction request for my bill. We settled on a price and I thought everything had been taken care of. Come to find out it wasn't taken care of. My service had been upgraded. Apparently it was upgraded through my remote (which I would not have done.) For 3 months I was owing more than I was paying. I didn't know this until I received a call from Spectrum saying that my bill was past due. I spoke with a representative who assured me that this was an error on their end, who apologized for the mistake, and assured me that it would be taken care of once they had a supervisors approval. I left it alone for a few months thinking everything was taken care of. It wasn't. Come to find out I now owe more in late fees than I did for the actual bill. A Total of 99.03. I am not going to be paying for this and I am ready to cancel my services with Spectrum. I can't believe I am having to deal with this. I called months ago to have it resolved for a mistake that I didn't make and now Spectrum is trying to tell me that they can't fix it because it is more than 30 days away from when the service was upgraded. They made a mistake, promised to fix it, didn't fix it, and now I am suffering for it.