Charter Spectrum, also known as Spectrum, has been operating since 1993 and offers exceptional service to its customers. The company, which recently merged with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, serves more than six million people, making it the fourth largest cable company and one of the largest internet providers in the country.

Charter Spectrum provides internet speeds up to 60 Mbps and no data caps. Its internet service requires a one-year contract.

View Charter Spectrum Reviews

Spectrum offers services in a huge span of the country, especially compared to other internet service providers.

Charter has been able to grow so much in just a few decades because of the commitment to great customer service. That commitment involves a fast broadband network and all the tools necessary to meet internet connection needs.

The Charter Spectrum team is willing to help their customers in any way they can to have a positive experience with their company. They offer cable and fiber-optic internet plans.

#1 Comcast Xfinity Internet chevron_right
3.3
#2 CenturyLink chevron_right
2.5
#3 Cox Internet chevron_right
3.3

The Good

• No Data Caps
  • Short Wait Window
  • Spectrum Enterprise
  • Bundling Options
  • No Hidden Fees

No Data Caps

Charter Internet does not limit their customers with data caps. A lot of competitors have data limits, and when customers go over these limits they must pay fees or their services may be disrupted. It is a great convenience that Charter does not have these restrictions on their customers.

Short Wait Window

The Charter Internet team knows how important the customers' time and money is. At times, a technician will have to come to the customer's home or business to work on equipment for the network.

Many companies who send out technicians leave the time window wide open and make the customer wait for hours for the technician. But Charter Spectrum is different. They set a two hour window that the technician will be there. If the technician does not make the allotted time, Charter Spectrum will pay the customer $20.

They also have a 30-day money back guarantee their customers can take advantage of if they are not satisfied with their service or the products they receive.

Spectrum Enterprise

Spectrum offers fiber-optic business internet for companies who want a fast connection for business-related phone, internet, and TV service. Spectrum Enterprise also delivers cloud services for their business customers.

Bundling Options

While Spectrum may not have a variety of standalone internet packages, they do have options that allow customers to bundle internet, phone service, and cable channels:

• Charter Spectrum Double Play — $89.98 per month, 125+ channels and 100 mbps
    • Silver — $109.98 per month, 175+ channels
    • Gold — $129.98 per month, 200+ channels
  • Spectrum Internet & Phone — $64.98 per month, unlimited calling and 100 mbps
  • Spectrum Triple Play Select — $99.97 per month, 125+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 mbps
    • Triple Play Silver — $119.97 per month, 175+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 mbps
    • Triple Play Gold — $139.97 per month, 200+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 mbps

No Hidden Fees

While Spectrum does charge a fee to lease a router and another fee for installation, the company is more transparent than some service providers in the industry. Be sure to read contract terms thoroughly and take time to understand billing, your monthly rate, and whether you'll pay more after a certain duration of service.

The Bad

• Limited Internet-Only Packages Available
  • Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Limited Internet-Only Packages Available

Since the internet is such a big part of every-day life, customers have different needs for a service provider to fill. Most of internet service providers try to meet this variety of needs by offering many different internet plans and bundles for the customers to choose from. These packages usually have a large selection of internet speeds (download and upload speeds), features, and prices to choose from. With all of these options, the customer can find the best fit for their specific internet and pricing needs. This is not the case with Charter Internet, as they only offer their customers one package. This package is:

• Internet: 60 Mbps (downloading) for $44.99/month

For a customer who needs a higher or lower speed, other internet providers might have more options.

However, customers may be interested in Spectrum's internet and cable TV bundling options.

Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Charter Spectrum offers an internet speed of 60 Mbps. Some competitors offer high-speed internet up to 1 Gbps for slightly higher prices. Potential customers will have to decide what speed they need and if Spectrum internet service is capable of delivering these needs.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Charter Internet is a good choice for those customers who are looking for relatively quick speeds in their internet network. The package they offer would work best for those customers who know exactly what they are looking for and do not need a lot of variety.

View Best Internet Service Companies

3.2

Michael Wood
October 22nd, 2019 Cary, NC DETAILS

Spectrum is certainly a below average provider. They wont even change your payment due date, to accommadate the customer. Customer service is terrible. Our TV service always has problems. We are absolutely going to change providers, very soon because its quite evident that taking care of their customers is a very low priority, for sure. Bad company.

Young
October 22nd, 2019 Alabaster, AL DETAILS

Terrible service. Horrible customer service. Not worth the money.

Rick
October 15th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

They provide our internet services at home and at work. They are generally reliable. Our work coverage is better than home coverage. Customer service is very good.

JoAnn Lucas
October 15th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Spectrum has been a great provider. I have especially liked their quick service!

Stephen
October 7th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

We had spectrum internet for a year and it was great. Never had any problems and it was a good value.

Bradley kamke
September 30th, 2019 Appleton, WI DETAILS

My apartment only allows Spectrum. I switched to Spectrum. Iv had Spectrum for the past 7 months I have had nothing but problems. My wifi has gone out 4 times for 5 to 7 days each time. I lived at another appartment prior to this for 2 years and had ATT and never had any issues with service or customer support. Each time Iv called "Spectrum" I have never talked to a human. I have talked to a machine every. Single. Time. Personally I recommend that you DO NOT CHOSE these crooks. They seems to not care about you and only care to a whole as Spectrum... I rate Spectrum 1 out of 5 easily.

Sam Holden
September 27th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Spectrum sucks! I called to get internet service from them, because they are the only provider in my neighborhood, and it was like I was talking to a car dealership. There are all these hidden fees and charges that will hit you. Also never get the "free" modem from them it just a way for them to throttle you internet. This company is down right shady.

Cincinnati Sawyer
September 23rd, 2019 Cropseyville, NY DETAILS

We have had Spectrum for a little over a month now. A few days ago, our internet cut out. After two days, we decided to call. We live at an apartment complex, so the neighbors and I obviously live under the same address, but with different apartment numbers. Well, Spectrum did not seem to understand the concept of this. My neighbor canceled her service with them, which in turn canceled ours! And when we tried to turn it back on, we were given the run around for THREE DAYS. I was told they would not reactivate our account unless my neighbor called to activate it. That never made sense to me, because why does she all of a sudden have authority on our account? So, she called, and sure enough they told her that WE had to call them to fix it because it was OUR account. Next day, they tell me I owe over $100 which made no sense, seems I had only had them for over a month and had already made my two payments. After being on hold for an hour, they told me I had to go to my nearest Spectrum store with my lease to prove that I was who I was, and that I live where I do. Luckily, Daniel at the Spectrum store was our saving grace. I'm most likely going to be switching providers, because I'm not paying a company that is so ridiculous and unprofessional.

Jonathan
September 20th, 2019 Marshall, WI DETAILS

After continuous billing increases I finally canceled service. I had service and equipment for 1 day after the previous billing cycle. Spectrum would not pro-rate the billing fee down from a full month of service. Terrible customer service.

Cassie
September 20th, 2019 Columbus, OH DETAILS

I just received a letter in the mail that Spectrum will be increasing my bill from 49.99 (which has been the rate that I have paid for the past 3 years) to 69.99 starting next month as it was only a 12 month promotional plan (still unsure how I had it for 3 years if it was only a 12 month plan). On top of that they are issuing a yearly rate increase that takes effect in September of $5. So moving forward my new bill will be $74.99. I called to dispute the bill and was spoke to in the most condescending tone. I wasn't thrilled with the increase but their customer service is what has piloted my interest in other providers.

Zhicheng Deng
September 11th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

I had a prepaid internet service with Spectrum for several years until August 20th when I didn't catch up with my bill payment. The company practiced what they call a "soft disconnect" on August 20th and I haven't had any internet service on my account since then. On September 10th, I logged onto Spectrum's website to view my account, made a phone call to verify the past due amount of $157.13 for the last billing cycle, and cleared it with a payment using my debit card. The representative on the phone closed my account per my request, but I saw there was still a balance of $83.04 due on September 18th on my deactivated account, for the billing cycle from August 29th to September 28th. I thought this charge was unfair and unreasonable, so I spoke to three different representatives through the chat platform on Spectrum's website, yet they repeated the same narrative, saying this was due to a new policy enacted on June 23rd that I was never informed of. I fail to comprehend why I have to pay for something I have never used since the service date for this payment started. There has been no data flow on my Spectrum internet service since August 20th, yet I'm having to pay for a bill for the period that starts 9 days later and ends on the end of September.

Mom on a budget
August 22nd, 2019 Belleville, IL DETAILS

Service is in and out .. reps don’t care .. takes forever to get an appointment.. and they don’t offer a discount for the 15 days per months the services dont work

Dylan D.
August 22nd, 2019 Kansas City, KS DETAILS

Only been screwed over and over by spectrum. Started service at one address, was there for a week. I went with spectrum for the price. It was 29.99 for 400 mbps. Decide to move to a different apartment as the first was filthy. Call the transfer service, they advised I’d get the same service at the same price. I was on the phone for an hour trying to get it set up. Finally someone just made a new account. I said sure, as I wanted off the phone and I have no idea how their systems work. Anyway, I call back as it wasn’t working when I tried to set up. I was on the phone for over 4 hours that evening. Finally the guy advised me of my bill being 44.99. I said no I signed up for 29.99, he said no you didn’t. Anyway I was really upset about the price as I was getting screwed. My new account was only 200 mbps for 44.99. So 15 more dollars and 200 mbps slower. Real cool as a new customer. Finally the guy decides that someone has to come out and fix my router to get it to work. So the earliest someone was available was Tuesday at 6 pm, three days from now. So I go 3 days in a new apartment with no WiFi. Finally 6 pm on Tuesday, the guy is here. I wait and decided to call and was guaranteed he’d be there by 7. I get a call at 6:55 and they said the guy was running 2 hours behind and would be able to come till 9. NINE PM AT NIGHT! So I said screw it im desperate to get it hooked up, I’ll wait. Finally he shows at 9:30 and he was friendly, but figured out that he needs in my apartments cable closet. He couldn’t get into it as the maintenance men leave at 8. Soooo he calls to reschedule, the soonest someone could come was SATURDAY AT 3. I had no option. He apologized and told me to call customer care to get the week credited back, which I did. So I wait a whole week with out WiFi. Finally the comes and takes him two hours to set it up because he got “lost” between buildings. So he advised upon the situation that I should have received the same pricing for moving. He advised I call. I call and explain the situation to two or three times to a rep. He tries to tell me I’m getting the best deal ever. However I kept saying I’m pay 15 dollars more for a lesser service. Finally he understood and sent me to retention. I spoke with Aubrey M. Worst customer service experience I’ve ever had. He constantly kept talking over me and would get louder if I tried to explain. Had no desire to try and solve the problem. I was trying to explain it to him again, and he interrupts and I continue to try talking and he gets louder to where I had to start yelling to ask him if he’d let me finish. He kept saying that what I was explaining isn’t true because they don’t offer that. Finally I forwarded him an email confirmation of my order. Suddenly believes me as if he’s known the whole time. And says he’ll see what he can do and just abruptly puts me on hold. Finally he said they’ll give me 400 mbps as he sees where I had the promotion at the previous address. But they couldn’t lower the price. At this point I was upset and decided I’d start looking for a new provider. So I’ve been looking around. However today I get someone in the mail from spectrum about an exclusive offer for my address of 400 mbps for 29.99. Hmmm. So I call and explain the issue and she is searching etc. gets the account and said they don’t have a plan for 29.99. The rep had no clue what I was talking about, yet I literally had a letter from spectrum. She made me read the letter to her before she believed me. Finally I explained the situation and she tried to see what she could do. Ended up saying they can’t do anything better, sorry. So I advised I’d be switching providers as I’ve just been screwed too many times. And she said okay, well when you need help doing that call back. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I can get google fiber for cheaper than my 50 dollar bill with spectrum.

Amy Q
August 20th, 2019 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS

We canceled 2 days after the $180 charge and found they do not prorate. Seriously! That alone is just tacky. Spectrum charged $180 for the same services as AT&T, who only charges $115. Stupid me for thinking the speed would make enough difference to offset the inflated charges. The remote is a disaster, so if you like football, you will HATE the Spectrum remote. You will lose the ability to skip forward or go backwards a few seconds. And, if you do not have the coax cables in your house, they will need to come out and it will cost you more than you want to pay.

Dakota
August 16th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

DO NOT USE SPECTRUM Last December I discussed with an agent a reduction request for my bill. We settled on a price and I thought everything had been taken care of. Come to find out it wasn't taken care of. My service had been upgraded. Apparently it was upgraded through my remote (which I would not have done.) For 3 months I was owing more than I was paying. I didn't know this until I received a call from Spectrum saying that my bill was past due. I spoke with a representative who assured me that this was an error on their end, who apologized for the mistake, and assured me that it would be taken care of once they had a supervisors approval. I left it alone for a few months thinking everything was taken care of. It wasn't. Come to find out I now owe more in late fees than I did for the actual bill. A Total of 99.03. I am not going to be paying for this and I am ready to cancel my services with Spectrum. I can't believe I am having to deal with this. I called months ago to have it resolved for a mistake that I didn't make and now Spectrum is trying to tell me that they can't fix it because it is more than 30 days away from when the service was upgraded. They made a mistake, promised to fix it, didn't fix it, and now I am suffering for it.

Brian
August 1st, 2019 Jasper, AL DETAILS

Caution! Incompetent and misleading company. Switched to spectrum mobile because I was told that I could retain my current phone with service to spectrum. I asked this question specifically, twice. Agreed to keep my phone and order a new phone for my wife. Upon arrival of new phone I realized I had not been sent a new sim card for my phone. Called Spectrum and a different agent informed me that my phone would not work, had to order a new one. Immediately returned the phone and was credited with a portion of my initial payment. Called Spectrum requesting a full refund since misrepresentation on their part was only reason I agreed to switch. Was told on two different phone calls this would happen. Never did! Upon third call I was finally put with a supervisor named Chris. Kept me on line asking several questions repeatedly. Was told he had to charge me the restocking fee. Offered to put me with another department but at this point I've grown tired of the endless conversations. Not worth the trouble. I've been with Spectrum over 20 years and they could care less how they treat customers. As soon as a viable alternative for internet becomes available, like so many others, I'll be dumping Spectrum! Worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Alison
July 1st, 2019 Mira Loma, CA DETAILS

Spectrum is quite honestly the worst company I have ever done business. Aside from their prices changing every 12 months and skyrocketing by 50% increase but their customer service is despicable. I called 5/15/19 to downgrade but the service rep was extremely unhelpful, when I asked for a survey or a way to provide feedback they said there was no way to provide any feedback, I asked to speak to a supervisor they put me on hold for 15 minutes and hung up on me. Again 5/17/19 I called to downgrade my services and was confirmed that the change would be effective immediately. I then got 6 missed calls and voicemails per day for a week while I was unable to answer at work, when I finally got a chance to call back I was told there was no issue and I can disregard the voicemails. Well the downgrade I requested NEVER was changed on my end. I called back to finally cancel my account because of the awful customer service and awful internet speed (I was paying for the 400mg and was getting 80 on the spectrum speed test) and after being on hold for 45 mins I was told there was a pending change on my account and I can’t cancel!!!!!!!! They said someone would call me within 2 days, they would not tell me when nor who. I called back today after not berating anything 5 days later and I was told it was still being processed and would take an additional 8 business days!!! I am not getting past due emails saying they are going to file it with the credit bureaus for non payment!!! SPECTRUM SERVICES ARE NOT WORTH THE MONEY AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ATROCIOUS!!!! DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!! And I work in a customer care call center so I understand the hardships they deal with but the service level I was provided was honestly disgusting for a company trying to change me $180 for internet and 10 Cable channels. Disgusting.

James Henderson
June 25th, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

Wow, six speed tests and only 13.22 mbps achieved! I hope everyone wanting to try Spectrum realizes they will NEVER get the speed they pay for!

Dianna
June 24th, 2019 Encino, CA DETAILS

The tv picture is always freezing. But their customer service is good

Gabriel
June 21st, 2019 Prattville, AL DETAILS

Fast internet speeds, good value on a monthly basis for internet.

Noname
June 21st, 2019 Covington, LA DETAILS

Outstanding service, Customer Service etc. I recently had an issue I called and actually talked with a human...well done

Alfredo
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

too expensive because they are the only provider in my area

Michael
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Other than throttling when server is overwhelmed, no probs

Wilma
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Cost was most important. Speed seems to be good. Need to improve on frequent loss of internet connections

Almer
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Awesome service and they did great work and service for the customers like us

Tim
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Cannot get more than 2 bars standing beside router. No internet in bedroom. 1 floor house. Was told by Spectrum that their routers are junk, and I need to buy my own router and an extender.

Mikael
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

It goes on and out but I can''t complain

L.
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Been nothing but great service!

Tee
June 18th, 2019 Lake Dallas, TX DETAILS

Outage in my area that did not affect me but Charter techs took my business service down without warning. When I spoke with one of the techs onsite, he was very rude and arrogant stating “we don’t have to let any customer know that we are taking down their service”. He wasn’t wearing a badge so I did not get his name. Although you may not be “required” to notify your customers...it would be nice if you considered your business customers. We were in the middle of conducting business and it didn’t matter to these individuals. A simple “we apologize” would have went a long way. It’s called customer service Charter....you may want to try it some day! Please remember, your technicians represent your company. If I treated my customers like your tech treated me, I wouldn’t have any customers!

David Winn
June 13th, 2019 Cedar Springs, MI DETAILS

Three calls to their tech's were required to fix a problem that shut down all services, internet, phone and TV. It was only after all the neighbors complained about the same problem that it was fixed. Only a few days later the Spectrum supplied virus program labeled the Spectrum(Charter) Email program as harmful. The work around is easy but the problem still exist.

Marty
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Good service but can shut down at times for a minute or two.

Joyce
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Fairly Good. Keeping prices down would be an improvement. The service itself is very reliable.

Jim
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent service. Works great with my computer with no issues. I also use it to stream movies with my tv and have had no issues. Price was great also.

Laura
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent customer service. The actual network itself can be slow at times or drop out randomly, which is annoying. Wish they were more affordable.

Beth
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

connectivity and customer service Connection will go in and out with no warning and you have to either turn off TV or reboot your computer

Debbie
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

very bad,they locked you into a contrat. But on TV they say they dont

Rhonda
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

The service they provide is acceptable. I do not have many service options where I live. They prices they charge are outrageous - but such is the world in which we live.

CYNTHIA
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

The internet is great. Customer service is great

Dennis
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Slow at times, pricey. Stop increasing fees.

cherylb135
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

No issues but we haven''t really shopped around either. Everything works fine but I would not say outstanding.

Ed
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

I have a bundle: phone, tv, and internet, and this I like. The ongoing rise in prices has me looking elsewhere currently.

Grant Lofgreen
June 4th, 2019 Provo, UT

Love the speed and reliability. Works very well. Very pleased with price and overall experience.

Linda Lloyd
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Bundled phone, cable and internet. Internet is slow att times and cable is very expensive

John
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Very sufficient for my needs while still only being a little too overpriced.

DianeG
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

Not as many outages like DirecTV has. Also, with, Spectrum, my On Demand works all the time. When I was with the other provider, On Demand was more like Off Demand. The only thing I can think to improve Spectrum would be, when we have storms and the messages invade our TV, I'd like an easier way to get rid of it so I can get back to viewing my program. The only way to remove it, is to change the channel and then go back to my program. We should just be able to click one button to clear that message after it's read.

Nobert

Good technician. Spotty service at times. Increased prices

Michelle Derry
May 24th, 2019 Altamont, NY

Yet another form of discrimination against families who live in rural areas? Spectrum committed to extending their services to NYS rural areas. When will they fulfill their agreement? It is the year of 2019 and Spectrum continues to say they will not service my area. Our children of school age need highspeed internet, our farmers, professionals who work out of their home, small bussiness owners etc. Personally, my career is dependent upon reliable internet services. Do I move from my home of 35 years or lose my job? What a disgraceful decision to have to make. Many companies are moving toward employees working remotely. Why won’t Spectrum help secure jobs for professionals working remotely or have small businesses from their homes? Is it because there are not enough customers in the rural areas, hence MONEY TO BE MADE? A formal complaint has been filed with Spectrum and the Attorney General. I pray this gets the necessary attention to escalate and resolve this dispute timely!

Regina L. Lee
May 22nd, 2019 Lancaster, TX DETAILS

y experience was horrible. As a very upset new customer to the Spectrum family. My service was installed Wednesday April 3rd, or so I thought. The technician did not remove any of the ATT hardware and seemed liked he would have rather been anywhere else. However, he hooked up the cable and the modem and when I asked about my smart home features he said everything was working. That is until I realized the system was still plugged up and hard wired into the ATT products. Once I unplugged the ATT equipment, the WiFi and the internet stopped working. I immediately called customer service but even with their help they felt I needed another technician to come out but were not available until Monday. The next technician came out and I was not there but left my sister who lives there. Once I got home, she stated this technician said the 1st technician left some components out but he fixed them. But when I looked at my smart thermostat it would not even come on, plus the doorbell camera was still not able to use the WiFi. Again I called customer support who told me they should not have given me that modem because my WiFi was not able to reach my front door. In addition, upon checking my download and upload speeds they were 28.7 and 2.8 respectively. The agent apologized and set up another appointment for Wednesday but said they may call if they have availability for Tuesday. Tuesday I received a call from Spectrum and they set up an appointment for that day. Alvin was the technician who showed up and he was awesome! He said they never disconnected the ATT service from outside and that he would hard wire me because with that modem, I would need that to maximize the WiFi. He ensured everything was done correctly and working properly. Only he doesn't normally work in my area and could not find the upgrade for the modem and router. Last but not least, Leland showed up Thursday to change the modem and router. He also was awesome, but the persons he called into were not as good. It took him a minimal amount of time to change everything out, but an eternity just for them to remove the old equipment and add the new equipment. Then it was working and the agent refreshed and again everything stopped. A side note is the 1st and 2nd technicians supervisors called to ask about the service. They apologized and said this information would help them to have teaching moments. I also spoke with customer service and emailed this to a manager with no input except a $17 dollar credit to an almost doubled bill that had a 50 dollar service charge for the correct modem. I should have stayed with AT&T. Straight crap. I will not be staying with them for long. Horrible customer service!!!!

Rosie Hansen
May 21st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Since Charter Spectrum took over Time Warner Cable, I've had the most horrible experience with them!! They spiked the rates after the transition and we just had to cancel the services. Very disappointing!

Dave Cammerer
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Quick response to issues helpful and courteous