NewSmile

7.6

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: October 21st, 2021

Based in Canada with an office in the United States, NewSmile is an invisible braces provider that corrects patients’ smiles through clear, plastic teeth aligners as an alternative to traditional braces. Invisible braces are an affordable, low hassle, less noticeable alternative to metal braces as an orthodontic treatment . NewSmile offers both an upfront cost and a monthly payment plan. All treatments also come with premium whitening foam for a complete smile makeover. The NewSmile aligner treatment is completed at home without any appointments with an orthodontist, though the entire process is supervised by orthodontists and dentists remotely. Treatments are available in Canada, the United States, and Hong Kong.

Patients can use HSA and FSA to cover the cost of the treatment in the form of reimbursements. Patients will have to check their policy to see if cosmetic dentistry or beauty and health are covered in their plan. If so, NewSmile can provide a detailed receipt that can be sent to the insurance company with a claim.

Go directly to NewSmile reviews

Video Customer Reviews

Alexandra Pegues Customer Review Video About NewSmile

Alexandra Pegues

Caroline Barnes Customer Review Video About NewSmile

Caroline Barnes

The Good

• Average Treatment Time
  • Impression Specialists
  • Risk-Free Impression Kit
  • Low Upfront Cost
  • Free Set of Retainers
  • Smile Guarantee

Average Treatment Time

NewSmile’s average treatment time is 4–6 months. Though some treatments may take shorter and some may take up to a year, the average time is about on par with other invisible aligner companies. This average treatment time isn’t the shortest, but it’s on the average to quicker side in the industry.

As with other types of dental treatment, each case is individual and largely depends on how well the patient wears their NewSmile aligners. It’s recommended to wear the clear aligners at least 22 hours a day and only take them out for eating and drinking beverages other than water. Doing this will give the quickest treatment time possible. Additionally, patients should brush their teeth before putting their aligners back in to keep them clean and aid in overall dental health.

NewSmile also offers Night Aligners which, if worn for 10 continuous hours at night, average an 8-10 month treatment time.

Impression Specialists

Many customers complain that the impression kits used to create initial impressions of a patient’s teeth are difficult to use. NewSmile has patients schedule a video call with an impression specialist when they use the impression kit to help patients and make sure they’re using the kit correctly.

The impression kit consists of putty, two trays, and a smile stretcher. Patients need to mix up the putty and put it into the trays evenly to ensure a good impression. Using the smile stretcher can feel awkward, but shouldn’t be painful. Having a video call with a specialist can help make sure all steps required are done properly and that the impressions are precise.

Risk-Free Impression Kit

NewSmile offers a risk free impression kit, meaning that anyone can try the impression kit and will get a full refund if they’re not a good candidate for a NewSmile treatment. Invisible braces can treat mild to moderate crowding or spacing as well as many different types of bite issues.

NewSmile offers a smile assessment on its website to also help customers determine if they’re a good fit for an invisible braces treatment. The assessment asks about a person’s teeth and bite, and asks for a photo of their teeth clenched together. Sending this assessment in can help customers determine if they should go forward with treatment or not. If still unsure, starting with the impression kit doesn’t hurt.

Many people can qualify for NewSmile’s clear aligner treatment. People with dental implants or missing teeth can also qualify. When talking with the impression specialist, customers should mention where their implant is or which tooth is missing. Customers will also have to remove any permanent retainers and discuss any dental bonding with their impression specialist.

Low Upfront Cost

For customers who want to pay the lowest price, the upfront cost is the way to go. The only downfall is that it has to be paid all at once. The upfront cost $1,195, which is one of the lowest upfront costs in the industry.  The entire cost includes an impression kit, treatment preview, all plastic aligners, a set of retainers, and whitening foam. NewSmile also offers periodic discounts on its website if customers share their email address.

If the upfront cost doesn’t work with a customer’s budget, NewSmile also offers a low monthly price of $84 paid with no interest over 12  months with a $295 deposit. This monthly payment is around the average monthly payment in the invisible braces industry, but most companies have contracts of 24 months instead of 12 months with NewSmile. The total cost with this method is $1,295, which is also one of the lowest costs in the industry.

Free Set of Retainers

After finishing the last set of invisible aligners, NewSmile provides a free set of retainers. These retainers are to be worn every night in order to prevent teeth from moving back to where they were. Many companies charge extra for a retainer after treatment, so having a set included in the overall low cost is a great benefit.

Smile Guarantee

In addition to a free set of retainers, NewSmile will also send additional aligners if customers aren't happy with their new smile. At the beginning of every treatment, customers will receive a preview of what their smile will look like after treatment. If a patient finds that their smile doesn't look like what their preview showed it would, NewSmile will work with them to fix it. As long as a patient followed their treatment instructions and wore the aligners correctly, NewSmile will send additional aligners at no cost to help each customer attain a beautiful smile.

The Bad

Down Payment Required

NewSmile's low monthly cost of $84 paid over 12 months is one of the lowest in the industry. Unfortunately customers can't have that price unless they pay a $295 deposit. Other invisible braces companies have lower deposit prices, but it's also important to note that NewSmile's monthly payment is extremely cheap in comparison to those same companies.

The Bottom Line

NewSmile offers one of the least expensive invisible braces treatments in the industry. The monthly cost is extremely inexpensive, though customers do have to pay a relatively high down payment price in order to get the monthly payment option. The company’s average treatment time is around the standard for the industry, but NewSmile also offers a set of retainers for free after a customer completes the treatment plan, which is a great value.

The company also has a video call system with impression specialists that can help potential customers correctly complete their impression kits. Customers can also contact the company if their new smile doesn't match their preview and they can receive additional aligners at no cost to attain their perfect smile. In the end, if you’re looking for straighter teeth, NewSmile seems like it could be a good fit for you.

Message from
NewSmile

NewSmile is helping those that want straighter teeth and a better smile for a 75% LESS cost than braces, without walk-in clinic appointments.

Our innovative technology and services look to transform the lives of many people in remote areas who would desire straighter teeth at an affordable price — in North America and abroad.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

bookmark

Featured Review

Charlotte Duluth, MN

I have an amazing experience with the whole process even until I got my aligners. They keep updating you too.

Reply from NewSmile

We are happy to give you an amazing experience. Thank you for your feedback. :)

Jan. 13th, 2021

bookmark

Featured Review

Deanna Rosa Bristol, CT

My appointment was with Angel and she was amazing. My lower jaw is oddly long and narrow but she was trying every thing possible to try and get the impressions as best as possible. She and everyone I have worked with at NewSmile have been amazing

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really care and want you to smile more! We are happy to be with you in your NewSmile Journey! :)

Cally Hartford, WI

New Smile is pretty high quality. It is really easy. You change them every two weeks. You barely realize you are wearing them. None of mine have broken or gotten damaged at all. If I have any questions or concerns, they are really quick to reply to me with an answer.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Cally! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your experience with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Feel free to email us if you have any questions. Keep Smiling!

Crystal Riverside, CA

The price and customer service is amazing. As soon as I call or email, I get a live rep within an hour to help me understand my questions. I am paying way less than braces. Everything is perfect.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Crystal! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your experience with us. Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to be on this journey with you!

Ashlee Saint Louis, MO

Pretty good quality. It is similar to my friend who is using other aligners. It is much easier braces. It better for my mouth. There was a problem with shipping so I am about three weeks behind schedule.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Ashlee! We are so glad that you are happy with the aligners. We would also like to apologize for the delays. Our goal is to send your package as soon as possible. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions.

Vanessa Aguiar Toronto, ON

The whole process was amazing! Great customer service answers all your questions and concerns!

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Vanessa! We are so happy to hear that you are happy with your experience with us. Thank you so much for sharing. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. We are always happy to assist.

Oct. 20th, 2021

Stephanie

The person that helped me was wonderful. She was very helpful. I have had a very positive experience working with them. I have noticed an improvement and I am really excited to see the results. I am happy with the quality. I hope they keep up the good, customizable work.

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience with us, Stephanie! We truly appreciate it. We are glad to be a part of your NewSmile Journey! :)

May. 27th, 2021

Nicole Gilbertsville, PA

As far as I can tell it is high quality. It has been a very positive experience. I am happy with it. They are very helpful.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Nicole! We are so happy to hear about your experience with us. We are so glad to be with you on your NewSmile Journey! Feel free to email us if you have any questions.

Sharon

Everything I’ve used them for so far has worked well, especially the whitening foam. It has all gone according to schedule and when I reach out to them, they are quick to respond.

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience with us! Thank you so much for sharing it. We are always happy to assist. We are so glad to be a part of your NewSmile Journey. :)

Sweeta Yasar Calgary, AB

Hi guys, I would like to share my experience with you all! Last year I decided to go ahead Smile Lover (which is now NEW SMILE) they sent me the impression kit later on I received my treatment plan for the 1st couple of months everything went smooth and no issues then I started noticing that the aligners didn’t fit properly. 1 year and 2 month in to this treatment I didn’t achieve my goal (keep in mind that I was given wrong info from one of their former employee who’s no longer there plus I was not wearing my aligners long enough to see results plus my case is a bit more sever ) long story short I contacted New Smile kind of being skeptical that they won’t help because I’m well passed 1 year time line. I was totally wrong and I’m so so glad I took the initiative to contact them, believe it or not with 24 hours not only I received a response but they are also willing to help me out refinements 😊 The rep who contacted me was professional, knowledgeable, and very easy to understand. She explained everything in details also educated me on what may have caused the issues in the first place. I will receive my next course treatments shortly I’m super happy 😃 and will definitely recommend them to family and friends!!! I would give them 5+ start!

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We truly appreciate it. Please feel free to reach out any time. We are so happy to be a part of your NewSmile Journey! Keep Smiling. :)

May. 10th, 2021

Rosa Alvarez Los Angeles, CA

Customer service is great. Every interaction I’ve had so far has been pleasant. Chloe did a great job at guiding me through the impressions.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Rosa! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. We are always happy to assist.

Oct. 5th, 2021

Michael Cox

Cloue - was patient, professional and polite throughout my interaction. I had several issues in getting the proper alignment but she continued to guide me to a proper solution.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Michael! We are so glad to hear about your experience with us. Thank you so much for leaving a review. We really appreciate it. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions.

Aug. 4th, 2021

J R Queens, NY

Its been great. Staff is very friendly and patient. Very accommodating and helpful in terms of ordering new trays and putty. I appreciate the practice time. The process itself is a little challenging as I have a tendency to gag, but its doable.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello J R! Thank you so much for leaving a review and sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your experience with us. We are always happy to assist. Please free to reach out if you have any concerns or questions.

Jul. 14th, 2021

Kennedy Ashland, KY

NewSmile is an incredible company! Their products absolutely transformed my teeth and I am so confident in my smile now! I owe it all to them! I recommend anyone who is thinking about the whitening tools or aligners to get them! They are AMAZING!

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Kennedy! We are so happy to hear that you love our products. Thank you so much for leaving a review. We really appreciate it. Keep Smiling!

Jul. 2nd, 2021

Jordan Sparks Grande Prairie, AB

Thanks to New Smile I was able to straighten my teeth from home during the Pandemic without any appointments to the Dentist or Orthodontist, and now I can smile with confidence and feel at ease being on camera, heading to my next audition or literally anywhere where I used to hide my teeth out of insecurity. Thank you, NewSmile, for giving me my confidence back!

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Jordan! We are so delighted to hear about your experience with us. We are so happy to be with you on your NewSmile Journey and to hear that you have your confidence back. Please let us know if you have any questions. Keep Smiling!

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Delaney

Quality is great every time. It has been very consistent. Overall I’ve really enjoyed my experience with them. It is very quick and efficient.

Reply from NewSmile

We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us! Thank you. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)

Lauralie Beaulieu

It can be scary to make such a purchase on the internet, but you are very proffesional and available to answer our questions. Thank you.

Reply from NewSmile

Hi Lauralie! Thank you for trusting us! Our goal is to ALWAYS provide the best customer service possible and you deserve that. We are always one click away, let us know if you need help!

May. 21st, 2021

Derrick Hennings Omaha, NE

Very helpful and quick to guide with impression session.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Derrick! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your impression session. We really appreciate you sharing this. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. We are always happy to assist.

Oct. 22nd, 2021

Barbara Bacoor, CAV

The people that I have talked to are great. They are able to get back to might messages quickly. I also received everything including my aligners within the timeline that they said to me. I am on my 8th week now and I have seen a lot of improvement. I am so happy with my purchase.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Barbara! Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear about your experience with us. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. :)

Jun. 15th, 2021

Brenda McNamara San Francisco, CA

The staffs are very knowledgeable and friendly. They assisted me throughout the whole process. It is very affordable as well. I am on my 2nd week of using the aligners and it is good so far! They also get back to my message quickly. Such a nice experience.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Brenda! Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you have a nice experience with us. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. :)

Jun. 14th, 2021

Ann Hooper Arlington, TX

My experience with NewSmile is going great! I get quick responses to all of my emails. I received the impression kit and when I needed larger trays they arrived in the mail quickly. The agent who did the online impression appointment was thorough and patient. Everything is good so far. I can't wait to get the aligners!

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear that you have a nice experience with us, Ann. Thank you so much for sharing. Please feel free to email us any time if you have any questions. :)

Jun. 1st, 2021

Michelle Austin Mahwah, NJ

The impression kit arrived quickly and the New Smile Impression Session with Cloue was very professional, pleasant and I received great direction. Hopefully if all goes accordingly, I’ll be sent a final result image and treatment plan with liners! Cannot wait.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We really appreciate it. We are so happy to be a part of your NewSmile Journey. :)

May. 24th, 2021

Ally Calgary, AB

Was sceptical as it is a smaller company but it was a good price and I have been wanting to straighten my teeth for a long time. I got my teeth impression kit quickly, sent them back and got my aligners a few months later. I just started my first set. So far so good. Definitely some discomfort for the first couple days but overall a good company. The box had some whitening, instructions, a case for my aligners and a retainer for when I’m finished. Very happy so far!!

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Ally! We are so happy to hear about your experience and thank you so much for sharing it. We truly appreciate it and we are glad to be a part of your New Smile Journey! Keep smiling! Just message us if you have any questions. :)

Feb. 16th, 2021

Aisha Mass

The spout fits perfectly and I already see a big change since 3 months. I already reccomend it to my friends.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Aisha! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your experience with us. Thank you so much for recommending. We really appreciate it. Feel free to email us if you have any questions. :)

Jun. 8th, 2021

Karina

All of the aligners have fit really well. The whitening foam works well. They haven’t cheaped out on their products.

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear that you like our products! We really appreciate it. Thank you! :)

Don

So far it’s been pretty good. I did come research on the plastics they are using, and it is quality plastic.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We really appreciate it! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)

May. 27th, 2021

MZabelle Naples, FL

Loving my new aligners. It fits perfectly on my teeth! Kuddos to the processing team for a smooth and fast transaction and to the impression specialist who was very patient assisting me on how to do the impression!

Reply from NewSmile

We are so glad to hear about your experience! Thank you so much for taking the time and leave a review. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)

Sabrina Trinh Toronto, ON

I appreciate NewSmile's customer service. They are helpful and professional. I cannot wait to get my treatment done. I believe the treatment will make me become more confident with my smile. Thank you, NewSmile!

Reply from NewSmile

Glad to hear you had great experience! We can't wait to see your results!

May. 10th, 2021

Danielle Silbernagel Saskatoon, SK

I had a an appointment with Sam for my impressions and she was not available at the time. I emailed the New Smile team and Sam responded promptly and was able to get me in, thankfully as I was unsure when I would be available again next. She was thorough, patient, and efficient.

Reply from NewSmile

We really appreciate you sharing your experience. Thank you so much! :)

Mar. 4th, 2021

Erinn Shea Vancouver, WA

I had a hard time getting my HSA to work. New Smiles customer care specialist Sarah was so amazing helping me get through the process. It took a few days but I just ordered my aligners and can't wait to see a brighter and straighter smile in the future!

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience. Thank you so much for letting us know. We are so happy to be with you on your NewSmile Journey! :)

Feb. 23rd, 2021

Kim Paquette Sept-Iles, QC

Trish was friendly and ponctual. We took a little bit more than a hour to complete the print process but I did not feel any pressure at all even if it was a little bit longer than the time allowed ( my fault) I'm french Canadian and a little rusty in english, but Trish did not look bothered about me asking to repeat many time. Thank you. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Reply from NewSmile

We really appreciate you sharing your experience and we are glad that you have a wonderful experience. It is our pleasure to help and put a smile on your face. Thank you so much! Just reach out anytime if you have any questions. :)

Jan. 28th, 2021

Amanda Bee Toronto, ON

My experience so far with New Smile has been nothing short of amazing. From answering all of my questions to ensure I was comfortable, to fast shipping of my impression kit, assistance with finding the most ideal time for my impression appointment, and having live one on one assistance to make my impressions. Trish was very patient and made the process fun. I felt assured I got the best impressions. Cant wait for my aligners. Thanks New Smile!

Reply from NewSmile

We really appreciate you sharing your experience. Thank you so much for your feedback! :)

Amyblogs Sarnia, ON

The Impression kit process has been wonderful so far! A little bump in the road, but nothing is needed but a little patience. Trish makes you eellike you are not a lone while doing your impressions and walks you through everything you need to do. Its like she is with you in the room! My first impressions did not take, so I am now waiting for a new shipment of putty to continue. Hoping for a quick shipment across the country :)

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for this feedback. We really appreciate it. :)

KandK Reese West Kelowna, BC

I’m just starting the process but so far the team has been amazing and supportive and very helpful.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello there! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your experience with us so far. We are happy to be with you on your NewSmile Journey. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. We are always happy to help.

Sep. 17th, 2021

Ashley Gauvreau St. Catharines, ON

Amazing customer service! Very quick and extremely professional they really do care about their customers it shows from the beginning and during the process. Can't wait to receive my aligners and see my new smile!

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience with us, Ashley! We really appreciate it. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. :)

Apr. 27th, 2021

Rachel Kyles De Pere, WI

The team is wonderful to work with and very thorough with your treatment! I was nervous to take the steps to improve my smile, but have no regrets and am so happy that I started!

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We really appreciate it. We are so happy to be with you on your NewSmile Journey! :)

Apr. 27th, 2021

Alexandra Pegues Miami, FL

From the email contact in the beginning to the video call with Sam to guide me taking impressions, everything has been SO smooth. Fantastic customer service. I have yet to receive my aligners.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. :)

Apr. 22nd, 2021

Caroline Barnes Indianapolis, IN

Love the extra perks and great customer service! I felt really comfortable during the impression session. Overall great experience so far and I can’t wait to receive my treatment preview and aligners :)

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. :)

Apr. 22nd, 2021

Louise Pedersen Terrebonne, QC

These are the most affordable aligners I've seen. The NewSmile team is great, very thoughtful and customer oriented. I would definitely recommend NewSmile to anyone considering getting clear aligners.

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience with us. Thank you so much for giving us your feedback. :)

Feb. 23rd, 2021

Studio Lite Tallahassee, FL

good job, angel was very kind and communicative with me.

Reply from NewSmile

Hello there! We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your impression session. Thank you so much for sharing. We really appreciate your review. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. We are always happy to assist!

Oct. 12th, 2021

Cynthia B Calgary, AB

My experience to date has been wonderful - I couldn't possibly say enough good things. Sarah on the other end of my emails has been patient, happy to explain and re-confirm a few questions for me, and my impression session with Trish was outstanding - drool and all! I look forward to receiving my plan and aligners, retainers, and whitener!

Reply from NewSmile

We are so glad to hear that you have an amazing experience. We will always be here if you have any questions. Thank you so much for leaving such wonderful feedback. Stay safe and smiling. :)

Jan. 19th, 2021

Something New Chicago, IL

I received my impression kit. I was excited when my video conference started. My rep was very patient and helpful. I couldn’t finish the impressions due to my teeth not fitting the trays. Note: if you have crowding and long teeth request larger trays from the start.

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We advise that if the mouth is larger than the regular size you may request for a larger tray, if you were not able to request for one right away, we will send you another tray for free. :)

Jan. 14th, 2021

Haris Roshan Toronto, ON

Customer service was on point, they email you quickly and effectively!

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Haris! Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear about your experience with us. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions.

Sep. 24th, 2021

stephane galibois

the experience has been flawless so far and customer service excellent

Reply from NewSmile

Hello Stephane! We are so delighted to hear that you are happy with your experience with us. Thank you so much for leaving a feedback. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions. :)

Jun. 8th, 2021

Dathan

everything was on point and the customer service was awesome

Reply from NewSmile

Wow! Thank you for your feedback, Dathan! Our goal is to always provide excellent customer service and to see your new smile! Please let us know if you need any help!

May. 21st, 2021

Tammy Pisani Milton, ON

The experience from start has been easy!! And the appointment with the new smile person was amazing, it made making the impressions so easy.😬

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, Tammy. We are so happy to hear from you. Please feel free to reach out any time if you have any questions. :)

May. 14th, 2021

Rebecca Manning London, ON

My impressions specialist Cloue was amazing! Very knowledgable! Great experience, would definitely recommend to a friend 😊

Reply from NewSmile

We are so glad to hear about your experience, Rebecca. We really appreciate you sharing it. :)

May. 14th, 2021

Romina D. Laval, QC

I had the pleasure of having Sarah to help me choose the best options for my newsmile plan! I am so grateful this was the best birthday gift I could ever have!!!

Reply from NewSmile

We are so happy to hear about your experience. Thank you so much for sharing. We are excited to be in this NewSmile Journey with you!

Mar. 18th, 2021

Robin Brodrick Montreal, QC

This was such a great experience! I had my appointment with Shaira and it went smoothly! She was very patient and took me through all the necessary steps!

Reply from NewSmile

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience! We really appreciate it. We are always here to help. :)

Feb. 3rd, 2021

Nicole Weber Mosman, NSW

I am satisfied with the support team, they have walked me through the process properly and met my expectations. I am half way through my treatment now and whenever I have questions I just send them an email.

Reply from NewSmile

We are glad that you are happy with your experience! Thank you so much for your feedback. :)

Jan. 13th, 2021