Zander ID Protection Logo

Zander ID Protection

6.8

Zander Insurance Group was founded in 1925 and provides coverage for life, health, automobile, homeowners, and more. In 2010, Zander partnered with ID Experts to offer identity theft protection services to customers.

The BBB-Accredited business provides around-the-clock, U.S.-based customer service as well as two identity theft protection membership plans — an individual plan and a family plan. Each plan can be paid on a monthly or yearly basis, depending on what the customer decides is best for them. The company's plans start at $6.75 per month and $75 per year.

Zander identity theft services protect against many types of identity theft and fraud including financial fraud, medical identity theft, tax fraud, criminal identity theft, social security number identity fraud, employment fraud, and more.

The company's identity protection process was customized by Dave Ramsey and designed to provide optimal identity theft protection without wasting money on services that could be self-administered

Read on to learn more about Zander Insurance Group's identity theft protection solutions and services.

The Good

• Variety of Services
  • Affordable Prices
  • Exceptional Expense Protection
  • 24/7 Customer Service

Variety of Services

As mentioned above, Zander Insurance Group provides a variety of identity theft protection services.

These services include covering all types of identity theft, personal information monitoring, social security number monitoring, change of address monitoring, court records monitoring, data breach updates, around-the-clock customer support as well as identity recovery and restoration services.

Zander also provides unlimited restoration services, up to $1 million in stolen funds and expense reimbursement, lost wallet protection, free credit report monitoring reminders, and child identity theft protection.

In terms of child identity theft protection services, the company covers up to two adults and up to 10 dependents to those who sign up for the family membership plan.

It's important to note that dependents who turn 18 years and older will not be eligible to continue receiving monitoring services under the primary member's family plan. Dependents 18 and older can, however, still be eligible to receive identity restoration services if they are unmarried and are living in the primary member's household.

Affordable Prices

The insurance company offers full-service identity theft solutions for affordable prices.

The company's protection plans range from $6.75 per month for the individual plan to $12.90 per month for the family plan. These prices cover all basic identity protection and identity restoration services, and are some of the lowest monthly prices that can be found within the identity theft protection industry.

Exceptional Expense Protection

In the unfortunate event that an account member becomes a victim of identity theft, Zander's expense protection will cover stolen funds, refiling applications for loans, and other related out-of-pocket expenses, legal fees, and lost wages of up to $7,500 per week for four weeks.

Zander covers these costs with a $1 million identity theft insurance policy that has zero deductible.

As part of its recovery service, Zander follows up on resolved cases for 36 months to ensure that the client experienced a full identity recovery.

24/7 Customer Service

In addition to identity theft services, Zander offers each client around-the-clock access to its U.S.-based customer service and support team.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Margaret Beus from Richland, Washington

"...we have occasionally had questions and their customer service has been very helpful and easy to work with. It is also not difficult to contact them."

Customers who fall victim to an identity theft event can report the theft to Zander's 24/7 customer support team. Additionally, customers can contact this support team if they have questions regarding their plan coverage.

If a theft does occur, Zander will provide the victimized customer with a certified recovery specialist and will take over the work to restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status.

Along with the company's customer service availability, Zander also provides a helpful resource link page on the identity protection services section of its website. This page provides links that can help clients obtain a credit freeze, opt out of "receiving pre-approved, unsolicited credit and insurance offers in the mail", obtain a copy of their credit reports each year, and more.

The Bad

• No Credit Monitoring
  • No Monthly Payment Refund
  • Limited Website Information

No Credit Monitoring

Zander's identity protection service does not seem to include credit monitoring services. The company states that this type of monitoring service, which is provided by most companies in the industry, provides minimal benefit at an additional cost.

Instead, Zander recommends customers check their personal credit reports through AnnualCreditReport.com. Overall, those who have a Zander identity theft protection service membership and who are interested in credit monitoring must pay for those services separately.

No Monthly Payment Refund

Zander Insurance Group does not provide a refund to customers who cancel a monthly membership. That said, the company states on its website that it may offer refunds on a pro-rated basis to those who cancel a yearly membership plan.

A customer's Zander identity theft membership plan automatically renews each month or year, depending on what plan they have set.  Customers must contact the company directly via phone or email to request to cancel their current membership plan.

Limited Website Information

The company's website does disclose some information regarding its identity theft coverage and service, however, there is a limit to the information provided.

It is unclear whether the identity theft solutions company provides anti-virus software, credit reports, certain fraud alerts and notifications, and more. Customers who wish to have detailed information are required to contact the company directly.

The Bottom Line

Zander offers comprehensive, affordable identity theft protection services.

The company provides unlimited recovery services and restoration services, free child protection with the family plan, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance policy for each member who becomes a victim of identity theft.

Zander identity theft services also protect against different types of identity theft including financial fraud, medical identity theft, tax fraud, criminal identity theft, social security number identity fraud, and more.

Although the company does offer some monitoring service protection, Zander does not seem to offer credit monitoring services. Additionally, the company does not provide refunds to those who cancel a monthly membership plan. The company also has limited information on its website regarding certain aspects of its identity theft protection service.

If you are looking for an identity theft protection service, you will have a difficult time finding one for a lower price than Zander, especially if you are looking for a company that offers plans for both individuals and families.

Before you sign up, however, we still recommend that you take the time to conduct personal research, check out the company's terms and conditions, and read several Zander ID Protection reviews to learn more about the company's identity theft protection service.

Call our recommended rep over at Zander ID Protection below.

3.2

Margaret Beus Richland, WA

We are pleased with Zander ID Protection. We have been fortunate not to have had our ID stolen but we get monthly updates and have had warnings a few times to change certain passwords because of possible breaches. It makes me feel safe knowing these things are being monitored. We have occasionally had questions and their customer service has been very helpful and easy to work with. It is also not difficult to contact them.

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

Zander has great options for all types of insurance and I heard about them from Dave Ramsey. I use several of their products and have called them directly a few times and they were able to answer all the questions I had

Mike Cincinnati, OH

Covering the basics at an affordable cost. Trust Zander with life insurance and the costumer support team is always a pleasure.

Scott Orem, UT

I heard an advertisement for Zander ID Protection while listening to Dave Ramsey. I'm very happy that I did. I set up my ID protection and within a few short months they caught some things going on with my SS# that I otherwise would have never known about until it was too late. I am very happy that I signed up.

Troy Millett Lindon, UT

I currently use Zander ID Protection and have been very satisfied. I appreciate the regular emails letting me know of my status. I appreciate the identity theft insurance they provide.

Zander ID Protection Logo

Reply from Zander ID Protection

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, Troy! We're happy to have you as part of the Zander family and appreciate the chance to help you protect what's most important. Just give us a call if you need anything!

Aug. 23rd, 2018

Ashley Johnson Greenbrier, TN

Zander ID Theft protection is one of the best products out there. They don't offer credit monitoring but for me that is okay, because I'd rather pay less for the protection I really need than spend a fortune on something I can do myself. Their CSRs were super friendly when I had questions and patiently walked me through setting up my monitoring.

Woody Kaye

After posting the review below I finally connected with 2 customer service reps and a manger who were apologetic and showed appropriate empathy and then responded clearly to the issue we initially called about. I was very impressed. I also have a better understanding of how they stack up against LifeLock and will stick with them.

Michael Rathge Adams, TN

I've had Zander ID theft protection since 2013 and have never needed to use their recovery services or speak to anyone in Customer Care. I'm writing this review in hopes that you will correct your false description to reflect the fact that Zander now does monitoring at no additional cost, making their coverage an even better bargain than it used to be. Your site would be more valuable to consumers if the information on it was accurate.

Jeff Oak Creek, WI

The one star reviews need to have patience when dealing with them. They will call you back and they will explain everything to you. Just relax they are liable for everything if something happens. Keep up the GREAT work guys. I am a new customer and have been taken care of by them. Trust the process and believe that hey have your back!!

Maureen Mourao New York, NY

I have been with Zander Insurance since 2010. I have never had any issues with their customer service, and never experienced extended wait times to reach a customer service representative. I read through some of the negative reviews that were posted in 2017; however, folks need to keep in mind that these complaints were posted right around the same time as all of the hurricane activity and Equifax data breach. I think they got swamped by all of the calls they have been receiving. I think for the price and product, they offer a great deal to the consumer. I think all Zander really needs to do is hire more people to handle the increased call volume.

Stephanie San Antonio, TX

For the price it really can't be beat. I feel very secure with Zander's family plan. We had a scare a couple months ago, but Zander gave me the peace of mind I needed. We check our credit reports on our own anyway, so I'm not very concerned about that. It definitely helps that Dave Ramsey endorses it.

B Morales Orlando, FL

I am shopping for identify theft protection and heard about Zander from Dave Ramsey's show. The information provided in this website assisted in my understanding of what Zander offers and how it compares with other identify theft programs. Very helpful resource.

Annette Morris Columbia City, IN

I have been very pleased with this protection as I do not want to pay for Credit Bureau monitoring given I can pull my reports for free annually. Also $1M coverage is amazing.

Rick Harrison Elephant Butte, NM

I have been a member for over three years and am very satisfied with their service/people.