Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

MyIDCare

verified
$100 Guarantee
MyIDCare has been providing identity theft services since 2003

MyIDCare, a subsidiary of ID Experts, has provided top-level identity theft protection since 2003. The Portland, Oregon-based company offers software and services focused on monitoring, protecting, and resolving identity theft to both individuals, families, as well as businesses and government organizations.

MyIDCare provides monitoring solutions that protect its customers against nine types of identity theft (child, medical, social security number, criminal, financial, employment, driver's license, insurance, and synthetic). As part of its promise to protect customers against identity theft, MyIDCare offers a 100 percent recovery/money-back guarantee. The company also provides up to $1 million in reimbursement insurance, unlimited help from a certified expert, a dedicated recovery specialist, credit monitoring, and much more.

The Good

• Competitive Pricing
  • Comprehensive Services
  • $1 Million Insurance
  • Recovery Guarantee

Competitive Pricing

MyIDCare offers a wide range of identity protection services at competitive prices. Customers can opt for a single sign-on individual plan, which is priced at $9.95 per month, or a family plan, which is priced at $19.95 per month. The family plan covers two adults completely (credit monitoring, CyberScan, $1 million in insurance, and access to experts/recovery superheroes are included) and up to five minor dependents can receive coverage as well (CyberScan monitoring, up to $1 million in reimbursements, and recovery services are included).

In comparison to other companies in the identity theft protection industry, MyIDCare has fair pricing for its services. MyIDCare also offers expanded individual and family plans that include credit monitoring and reports from all three credit bureaus, among other innovative features, at $19.95 per month and $39.95 per month, respectively.

Comprehensive Services

MyIDCare's plans cover a wide range of monitoring services, including credit monitoring (works with credit bureaus to monitor credit reports and credit scores) cyber (dark web) monitoring, public records monitoring, as well as a proactive feature to check for compromised passwords. Both the individual and family plans provide credit monitoring, alerts, CyberScan monitoring, complete recovery assistance, access to an online resource center, customer service help, fraud alerts, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

MyIDCare services monitor nine different types of identity theft, including medical, social security, child, criminal, financial, synthetic, employment, insurance, and driver's license. MyIDCare also provides data breach identity protection and strives to educate customers on credit card monitoring versus MyIDCare monitoring, information about credit freezes, recovery options, etc.

$1 Million Insurance

This identity protection company, like many other companies in the industry, offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance to customers. According to the company's website, this insurance is designed to "provide reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses related to addressing the restoration of your identity."

It also includes coverage for reimbursement of electronically stolen funds. In addition to insurance, MyIDCare provides customers with access to Recovery Superheroes who are certified identity theft risk management specialists. These specialists will use the limited power of attorney to help customers recover their identity.

Recovery Guarantee

The company has an official refund policy in place for customers who do not obtain 100 percent recovery from MyIDCare's services. According to the MyIDCare website, the company will "refund up to one year of fees" that customers have paid towards MyIDCare restoration services only if the company fails to remove all adverse matters (within one year of the identity theft event) on the customer's record. In order to receive the refund, the customer would have had to follow the proper procedures that MyIDCare provides for reporting the identity theft event and would have already been enrolled in MyIDCare services.

The Bad

• Does Not Provide 24/7 Service
  • No Antivirus Software Provided

Does Not Provide 24/7 Service

MyIDCare's team does not operate on a 24/7 basis. The company's hours are limited to 11 hours per day on a Monday-through-Friday schedule. Although the company does employ certified experts and strives to provide reliable customer service, the lack of a 24/7 operation may limit prompt responses to customer questions and concerns.

No Antivirus Software Provided

MyIDCare doesn't seem to provide any type of antivirus software or protection against a ransomware attack. Many other identity protection companies offer antivirus software and other protection for customers' personal computers and devices. Unfortunately, since MyIDCare does not provide this type of software, customers must find and purchase the software on their own to ensure further identity protection as well as personal cybersecurity.

The Bottom Line

MyIDCare offers a wide range of monitoring services, recovery and restoration services, and identity protection services including data breach protection and fraud alert services at competitive prices. The company provides certified identity theft risk management specialists (Recovery Superheroes) to help victims make a full recovery from a theft event. MyIDCare has a set 100 percent recovery guarantee for customers who do not fully recover.

The company also offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance which covers out-of-pocket expenses such as lost wages, legal fees, private investigators (for background investigations), and stolen funds. Unfortunately, MyIDCare does not provide around-the-clock customer services and does not seem to provide any antivirus software that would help protect customers from threats like a ransomware attack. Although this company does have some negative aspects, it is still a top-rated, highly recommended company that offers trustworthy protection services.

4.1

Sili
December 5th, 2017 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

My experience is very, very brief but I really appreciate the format of the first report I received this past week.

Chris Daniels
December 5th, 2017 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS

The point of contact, Mary L, that was assigned to me has helped me more than everyone else combined in the 37 months I have dealt with a US Army GS 11 who was involved in my ID theft and fraud,, even 4 months after IMCOM was warned that they had a insider threat on their network and did NOTHING. She is knowledgeable, never said, that is impossible, has dealt with unfriendly companies trying to assist me in finding out who is purchasing illegal credit monitoring from a 3rd party and Trans Union is allowing it while I have a security freeze in place a year before it was allowed. Then Trans Union would not tell me the name of the 3rd party company. Trans Union is dirty to the core, they have no problem ignoring Fair Credit Reporting Act section 609(e) that allows victims to the info a company collected during the ID fraud WITHOUT a court order. Also why Experian allowed ID Experts to access my frozen report without me giving them the single use PIN or lifting the freeze violating Virginia law by doing so.

Tim Heineck
November 3rd, 2017 Black River Falls, WI DETAILS

Login info is out of date so fast. E-mail from MyIDCare requires a special code be sent to this user via e-mail. When I go to my e-mail system to retrieve the code the link with MYIDCare is apparently cut and I cannot reenter the login process at the point at which I left it in order to enter the code in the space provided. I've been through this kind of process with other companies. They manage to make it work. The folks at ID Experts are maybe not so expert.

Robert
October 27th, 2017

All pertinent information listed on my account is 3 years old. Some accounts are listed as starting as early as 2006 to about the last reporting of 2014 and 2015. No reporting from 2014/2015 - to today in October 2017?? But I do get the latest monthly emails of Sex Offenders in the city by email alerts! Why is my credit information two plus years old but unless sex offender alerts so update ?

Scott Robeson
October 10th, 2017 Lyman, WY

When you try to log in on your own computer, it still requires 2 steps, and they never send the code in a timely manner. You either are waiting forever, or you time out. So frustrating.

Mike Dickey
September 25th, 2017 Fairfield, OH

My experience is consistent with previous posts. It is not possible to talk to someone to correct an error. Apparently OPM awarded the job to another low bidder who cannot produce. With the Experian breach, I was considering upgrading to myidcare's paid service. I still will go to a paid service, but not with this company (or Experian). It would not surprise me to find out that myidcare has not, or cannot, identify attempts to breach identities. OPM should have its Inspector General do a performance audit on this contract.

D Silva
September 25th, 2017

Worst customer service I have experienced ever. Cannot reach anyone at the 800 number provided to unlock my account. Get voice message that my call will be answered in more than 25 minutes. I have had long waits before but I have always been told it would be less than xx amount of minutes. This outfit obviously just doesn't care.

Karen T
September 19th, 2017 Washington, DC

Exceptionally poor consumer service in being able to reach a human being in a timely manner. Like others i have been locked out of my account for supposedly not entering correct password. Message directs you to call Customer Support (which is a misnomer). Each time I call recorded message advises that my "call will be answered in MORE THAN XX minutes". The XX minutes is always 25 minutes or more. I mean come on, what sort of Customer Support puts you on hold for "more than 25 minutes". I have never been able to reach anyone and so am unable to change password to access my account. Thus this service has been useless.

Michelle
October 4th, 2017

They have not fixed any issues that I disputed, it all stays the same. What good it was for me to get this I don't know. Gives me the same info as my credit report.

Katie
September 18th, 2017 NM

Product seems alright, until you are locked out of your account for supposedly entering your password wrong (though I am certain it was right all 3 times!). Customer service is absolutely horrible - I called the number to unlock my account several times and each time was immediately put on hold for over 40 mins (I held for an hour once!) with no one ever picking up. Ridiculous!

Tamie Graves
October 6th, 2017 LA

I was supposed to have free credit protection/monitoring for 3 years. I am in my second year and have been locked out of my account for some reason. I have tried to call several times and am on perpetual hold, 30 minutes today. Three days ago I was on hold 20 minutes before a recording offered to take my name and number and have someone call me back. No one did. Heaven forbid you ever need to take advantage of their services because you will never be able to reach anyone.

Disgruntled
October 3rd, 2017 Wheaton, IL

thanks to the OMB breach, we are stuck with this "protection". I hate it. You get alerts on every little thing, yet it is very unclear as to what you are reviewing online. Why do I need them to give me info on sex offenders in my area>!>. I can figure that out myself by reviewing the state website, jerks. I live near a major city, I am tired of the alerts on nonsense. And when you call them to inquire, most are basically "fake" alerts yet it is "clear as mud" when you speak to the customer service rep. Oh, and yes, I said I wanted my children on this - they said they were, yet, I see NOTHING on the stupid portal. Oh my god, the portal. I hate it. Designed horribly. I feel so bad for older people who have to figure this out because it is hard enough for me. I had an issue and they use a third party contractor (CSID) to help resolve the issue. This "restoration specialist' contacted me via email and used horrible grammar and spelling and the text was really "off" - very small. It didn't even look legitimate! I decided I didn't even want to speak to them. I was so angry. We ended up freezing all of our info with each credit bureau. MUCH easier to deal with!!! I can't believe this is who the federal government stuck us with...and then I am supposed to pay for this "service" after 12/18? Please.

Sabrina Kipp
August 15th, 2017 Chester Springs, PA

Can never log in. Ask for a verification code, code is never sent, website then logs you out and any verification code you MAY have gotten is useless. Have never been able to log in since the initial setup. Service is free due to a screw up with the government being hacked, so I don't really care. Would never pay for this service.

lost patience
August 11th, 2017

Forgot my password and tried for over an hour to follow the "link" they gave me to reset it. Then told me via generic instruction, to cut and paste it and that also would not work. Frustrated and tired of dealing with them. This company was "FORCED" FREE (ha ha) on me, due to do a government hack. Fed up. I'm done.

Rich
July 25th, 2017 Bainbridge, NY

What a wast e of time and money. They say they will send a pass code to your phone or computer and you have only ten minutes to use it to gain access to the web site. The pass code never arrives or hits the computer after 10 minutes. Try to use it and you are told it is invalid.

Tim
July 13th, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

Can never log into their site. the ridiculous two factor authentication is too slow. By the time I receive a passcode, the site session has expired.

GEO BJ
June 5th, 2017 Washington, DC

MYIDCARE, IS THE WORST COMPANY nation wide , bad service and the worst customer service ever .

Robin Bensinger
March 13th, 2017 Newport, KY

Horrendous and practically nonexistent. No help whatsoever. They cause more problems than they fix. Worst customer service in the history of the universe.

David W. Johnson
January 27th, 2017

I received notice that something happened and I should check my account. When I tried to log in, it said I was locked out and to call the 800 number. The voice mail went on for 3 minutes before giving me any options. Then, someone answered, told me I needed a specialist and put me back on hold...I hung up at the 20 minute point. Useless, useless, useless! My guess is that they would not survive if the government did not pay them to pretend to provide services. More wasted tax dollars.

Bob
January 17th, 2017 Henderson, NV

This site keeps making me verify my identity, even though I check the box to remember me. Worse yet is it's taking me 8-9 of the 10 allowed minutes for the verification code to get to me. By then they've logged me out because of inactivity. Really??? How dumb can they get?

K T
December 15th, 2016

Double whammy in our family! Suddenly my husband was getting alerts from myIDcare. Called and spoke to representatives who explained that someone was attempting to take out loans and credit cards in his name. MyIDcare walked us through everything and got everything taken care of BEFORE any attempts to steal his ID went through. Then we put all our children's SS numbers into myIDcare's system. Within hours we got an alert that one of our children's SS number was being used across the country. MyIDshield gave us the information on this person and contacted the social security office who has now opened a case regarding the theft of my child's SS number. Curious to hear how this one ends. MyIDshield has been invaluable to two of our family members.

Dan
November 28th, 2016 Vestal, NY

This company is awful!! impossible to contact always high call volume useless!!! days late in notifications if you can even access to find out what the alert was. don't waste your money!!!

SHENA LALLY
November 19th, 2016

I've had the service for 3 years and have NEVER been able to log in. I get alerts via email but no way to log in to review the alert. The link they send for "forgot password" hasn't NEVER worked. It's called a "token" and the token is never valid, even when I try to use it withing first 2 minutes. They've never answered the phone for service. 3 friggin years and zero service. Don't waste your time. I suspect they are just stealing info. No real reason for them to exist otherwise. Shena Lally (real name)

Michael Henry
November 18th, 2016 Saint Petersburg, FL

Have been enrolled for over 2 years they send emails saying credit report has been changed or accessed. The password they sent does not work. They do not send password reset link when requested. If you call their customer service line you are usually over the 50th person in que. I have tried to talk to and agent now for over 2 years. This is fraud waste and abuse for the Federal Office of Personnel Management. I have requested a audit from OPM.