Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

MyIDCare

verified
$100 Guarantee
MyIDCare has been providing identity theft services since 2003

MyIDCare, a subsidiary of ID Experts, has provided top-level identity theft protection since 2003. The Portland, Oregon-based company offers software and services focused on monitoring, protecting, and resolving identity theft to both individuals, families, as well as businesses and government organizations.

MyIDCare provides monitoring solutions that protect its customers against nine types of identity theft (child, medical, social security number, criminal, financial, employment, driver's license, insurance, and synthetic). As part of its promise to protect customers against identity theft, MyIDCare offers a 100 percent recovery/money-back guarantee. The company also provides up to $1 million in reimbursement insurance, unlimited help from a certified expert, a dedicated recovery specialist, credit monitoring, and much more.

The Good

• Competitive Pricing
  • Comprehensive Services
  • $1 Million Insurance
  • Recovery Guarantee

Competitive Pricing

MyIDCare offers a wide range of identity protection services at competitive prices. Customers can opt for a single sign-on individual plan, which is priced at $9.95 per month, or a family plan, which is priced at $19.95 per month. The family plan covers two adults completely (credit monitoring, CyberScan, $1 million in insurance, and access to experts/recovery superheroes are included) and up to five minor dependents can receive coverage as well (CyberScan monitoring, up to $1 million in reimbursements, and recovery services are included).

In comparison to other companies in the identity theft protection industry, MyIDCare has fair pricing for its services. MyIDCare also offers expanded individual and family plans that include credit monitoring and reports from all three credit bureaus, among other innovative features, at $19.95 per month and $39.95 per month, respectively.

Comprehensive Services

MyIDCare's plans cover a wide range of monitoring services, including credit monitoring (works with credit bureaus to monitor credit reports and credit scores) cyber (dark web) monitoring, public records monitoring, as well as a proactive feature to check for compromised passwords. Both the individual and family plans provide credit monitoring, alerts, CyberScan monitoring, complete recovery assistance, access to an online resource center, customer service help, fraud alerts, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

MyIDCare services monitor nine different types of identity theft, including medical, social security, child, criminal, financial, synthetic, employment, insurance, and driver's license. MyIDCare also provides data breach identity protection and strives to educate customers on credit card monitoring versus MyIDCare monitoring, information about credit freezes, recovery options, etc.

$1 Million Insurance

This identity protection company, like many other companies in the industry, offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance to customers. According to the company's website, this insurance is designed to "provide reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses related to addressing the restoration of your identity."

It also includes coverage for reimbursement of electronically stolen funds. In addition to insurance, MyIDCare provides customers with access to Recovery Superheroes who are certified identity theft risk management specialists. These specialists will use the limited power of attorney to help customers recover their identity.

Recovery Guarantee

The company has an official refund policy in place for customers who do not obtain 100 percent recovery from MyIDCare's services. According to the MyIDCare website, the company will "refund up to one year of fees" that customers have paid towards MyIDCare restoration services only if the company fails to remove all adverse matters (within one year of the identity theft event) on the customer's record. In order to receive the refund, the customer would have had to follow the proper procedures that MyIDCare provides for reporting the identity theft event and would have already been enrolled in MyIDCare services.

The Bad

• Does Not Provide 24/7 Service
  • No Antivirus Software Provided

Does Not Provide 24/7 Service

MyIDCare's team does not operate on a 24/7 basis. The company's hours are limited to 11 hours per day on a Monday-through-Friday schedule. Although the company does employ certified experts and strives to provide reliable customer service, the lack of a 24/7 operation may limit prompt responses to customer questions and concerns.

No Antivirus Software Provided

MyIDCare doesn't seem to provide any type of antivirus software or protection against a ransomware attack. Many other identity protection companies offer antivirus software and other protection for customers' personal computers and devices. Unfortunately, since MyIDCare does not provide this type of software, customers must find and purchase the software on their own to ensure further identity protection as well as personal cybersecurity.

The Bottom Line

MyIDCare offers a wide range of monitoring services, recovery and restoration services, and identity protection services including data breach protection and fraud alert services at competitive prices. The company provides certified identity theft risk management specialists (Recovery Superheroes) to help victims make a full recovery from a theft event. MyIDCare has a set 100 percent recovery guarantee for customers who do not fully recover.

The company also offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance which covers out-of-pocket expenses such as lost wages, legal fees, private investigators (for background investigations), and stolen funds. Unfortunately, MyIDCare does not provide around-the-clock customer services and does not seem to provide any antivirus software that would help protect customers from threats like a ransomware attack. Although this company does have some negative aspects, it is still a top-rated, highly recommended company that offers trustworthy protection services.

4.1

Lee Snieder
March 19th, 2018 Hull, IA

The representative was amazing. Thanks Trevor W. He explained my options very clearly

gail berger
March 19th, 2018 Canton, OH DETAILS

feel very confident using your company withe excellent coverage to stop identity theft and your staff is always willing to help when needed highly recommend your service

Becky
March 19th, 2018 Dallas, TX

Easy to follow, understanding and very patient.

Melissa Gonzales
March 15th, 2018 Aurora, CO

John Ingram was patient and very helpful. He took time to help me through a stressful situation and point me to the correct resources.

Yvonne Cordova
March 13th, 2018 Pickerington, OH DETAILS

John was awesome at helping me with ID theft and calling to make sure my credit is cleared

Toni
March 9th, 2018 Ottumwa, IA

I had my identity stolen. I had no idea what to do then remembered I had signed up for this service. I called and talked to John! He was amazing at helping me. We spent over 2 1/2 hours on the phone. He called all the creditors for me to start the fraud reporting process. No way I could’ve done it alone or even know where to start! They have saved me. I will be a customer for life.

Bill Derrington
March 8th, 2018 Frankfort, KY DETAILS

I had reversed and partially botched our I’d User info when creating these accounts in February 2018. Andrew was courteous, professional and timely making the corrections. Bill & Ruth Derrington

ConstanceCummins
February 28th, 2018 DETAILS

MyIDCare is always on top of things-- monitoring your accounts and keeping you updated with status reports. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to feel that their accounts are in good hands.

Jana Smith
February 26th, 2018 Lancaster, TX

John I. was very patient and helpful with all of my questions. He was also very informative. He was able to assure me during a very stressful time for me.

Laura Spencer
February 23rd, 2018 Long Beach, CA DETAILS

I signed up for the service when my email was hacked. After completing my enrollment, I found out my ID and personal info was on the dark web. I feel better knowing that I am protected by My ID CARE and I will tell my friends and family about this service.

Teresa Ciorra
February 20th, 2018 Glenshaw, PA DETAILS

Andrew was an overflowing fountain of information regarding identity protection. He graciously answered my questions provided info and phone numbers to help me. Andrew's customer service skills are exemplary; he is an asset.

YvonneWang
February 16th, 2018 DETAILS

It is probably the best personalized credit monitoring service I ever had. Any alerts you get, you can to talk to a MyIDCare representative that will personally walk you thru the process of checking what has happened to your credit. I had an amazing customer service with Rachel S. that I decided to continue my monitoring service with MyIDCare. Highly recommended!

Alex Cheyne
February 14th, 2018 Centreville, MD

Phone call was promptly answered. John I. was extremely patient and helpful throughout the call and would not leave until my issue was resolved. I am very pleased with his action and my new acct. with MyIDCare. Thank you.

RUSSELL
February 12th, 2018 San Luis Obispo, CA DETAILS

My wife and I recently lost some important personal information. I spoke to Alex on the phone and I cannot imagine someone being more helpful. She answered all my questions, made telephone calls for me, and waited until ALL my concerns were addressed. Thank you, again, Alex! Have been with MyIDCare for several years and see no reason to cancel their service. Others have said that they have had a difficult time 'getting through'--but that has NOT been my experience.

GaryAnderson
February 9th, 2018 DETAILS

I get regular notices on account status.

Jan Troshak
February 8th, 2018 Okemos, MI

John was very helpful when I needed help setting up a new password

TraceReitzel
February 8th, 2018 DETAILS

Alex M. was a great help when I found out that someone had opened a Bitcoin acct with my name

JoanMoorman
February 8th, 2018 DETAILS

They were very thorough when my SS# was stolen.

JanetHodges
February 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I am very pleased with MyIDCare. They are professional and thorough. I felt completely safe with their monitoring. They are quite helpful.

KellyByrne
February 7th, 2018 DETAILS

On the rare occasion that I've called their customer service reps have been very helpful and lovely to speak with.

RoxanneGrimes
February 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I'm so pleased to have y'all after my bad experience I can rest.its the worst experience in a person life to be striped of themselves.And when you yvae to explain who? You are s hurting So I love what you do keep up the great job!!!!!!!

BeverleyLowe
February 7th, 2018 DETAILS

They are very responsive and knowledgeable. Keep me informed.

RebeccaNELSON
February 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Easy to sign up, good reps on phone - so far no problems with ID so can't rate that. However , based on prior contact with site and reps I am sure it would be great.

BonnieThompson
February 6th, 2018 DETAILS

MyIDCare keeps me informed of any activity that occurs in my credit history so that I can accurately monitor my credit and protect myself from credit and identity theft.

MichaelDamico
February 6th, 2018 DETAILS

When I lost my wallet I contacted you fine folks and you walked me through the entire process of protecting my ID and helped put together a list of things to follow up. Thanks for the help, you made a frustrating situation very manageable and worry free!

whitsett
February 6th, 2018 Littleton, CO DETAILS

Last January 19 I wrote a negative review of My IDCare. Following that the company contacted me and completely resolved my concerns. I now recommend them. (If you can't figure out how to contact them perhaps writing a review and requesting that "Heather" contact you would work, as it did for me. I'm not going to "publish" her email address here, but she was very helpful.)

Sherry Pace
February 5th, 2018 Canton, MS DETAILS

Dawn was amazing today answering all my questions regarding our new family membership! I had an extremely short hold time and she was so pleasant and knowledgeable. I have a total peace about this company after doing much research before choosing them. They promptly found 2 issues I have already resolved. My husband and I both have received our credit reports, too. Very pleased!

GARYSILKENSON
February 5th, 2018 DETAILS

good customer service friendly customer service

Lisa Goodman-Reynolds
February 5th, 2018 Solvang, CA DETAILS

I was having a log in problem to input a new credit card into my account. the online screen continued to tell me my security answer was not confirmed. Andrew who responded to my telephone call was most helpful. He provided me with a new password so I could log in. He suggested he wait on the telephone until I could input the information. He also answered some other questions for me concerning my account. Thank you Andrew.

JamesFinch
February 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

I appreciate their keeping me informed 0n a regular bases of the status of my ID safety as this gives me Peace of mind.

KimberlyWheeler
February 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Thankfully I haven't needed MyIDCare to notify me of any problems on my account so the only interactions I have had from them are my monthly notices saying nothing has changed. I am always grateful to get that notice. I am thankful that I have someone who is able to watch my ID information to make sure if any bad things do happen that they can be caught right away.

Michael Horvath
January 31st, 2018 Mount Sterling, OH DETAILS

MyIDCare is clearly the company to use for identity protection. I have had a membership with another company for over a year, and I’ve never heard from them. Within 24 hours of starting my membership with MyIDCare I received a credit report and valuable data breach information. The agent with whom I spoke was professional, knowledgeable and friendly. She provided information that I can use to prevent fraud in the future. I now feel comfortable that my data monitoring is in good hands.

MargaretLarge
January 31st, 2018 DETAILS

Called and spoke to a representative and he was very helpful and answered all of my questions.

RWMCCOY
January 31st, 2018 Fort George G Meade, MD

Garbage. OPM's solution to account for theft of personal data is to provide substandard service in so many ways. Victims of IDENTITY THEFT are subsequently treated to a substandard service by OPM (victimized a second time by the very org that failed to secure their privacy). Thank You for the OUTSTANDING Job at making a difficult situation worse. In summary: THANKS FOR NOTHING. Respectfully, Your Customer (P.S. A warning to America's youth that a life of military service = sacrifice in exchange for utter disrespect from those you served).

StanWatson
January 31st, 2018 DETAILS

ive tried and tried to get you on the phone with no response. I don't like a company I cant talk to...I want to drop my subscription!!!!!

JEANHARRELL
January 31st, 2018 DETAILS

Hard to navigate . New information does not show and old info doesn't go away

GloriaKing
January 31st, 2018 DETAILS

Only once did I think I might need them but the hours are all wrong. ID theft doesn't only happen between 9-5 on weekdays. This need to be available 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. You would need to charge more but you would find that acceptable.

JanetTen Eyck
January 31st, 2018 DETAILS

No problems since I have had MyIDCare. My identity was stolen several years ago, and it was recommended that I sub- scribe to MyIDCare. I receive periodic reports from them, and it is reassuring to know there have been no attempts to breach my security.

LeroyBlack
January 31st, 2018 DETAILS

My personal experience with MyIDCare has been exemplary.

LYNNFRIEDLANDER
January 30th, 2018 DETAILS

I do not receive my monthly status on any breaches! I called Jan.28th and Jan. 29th and was told I would be called back and I have not heard anything from your company. I only receive advertisements from your company