myIDcare

myIDcare

MyIDCare, which is a subsidiary of ID Experts, provides software and services focused on protecting and resolving identity theft. Since 2003, MyIDCare has offered services to both individuals and businesses. MyIDCare is headquartered in Portland, Oregon.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.2 8.0 Read Review
#2 8.8 8.9 Read Review
#3 7.5 7.1 Read Review
#4 6.2 1.3 Current

The Good

• Competitive Pricing
  • Comprehensive Services

Competitive Pricing

MyIDCare offers a wide range of services at competitive prices. Customers can opt for an individual plan, which is priced at $9.95 per month, or a family plan, which is priced at $19.95 per month.

Comprehensive Services

MyIDCare's plans cover a wide range of services, including both credit monitoring and cyber monitoring. Both the individual and family plans provide one-bureau credit monitoring, alerts, CyberScan monitoring, complete recovery assistance, access to an online resource center, customer service help, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance. MyIDCare services monitor nine different types of identity theft, including medical, social security, child, criminal, financial, synthetic, employment, insurance, and driver's license.

The Bad

• No Pre-existing Conditions Services
  • No Lost Wallet Protection

No Pre-Existing Conditions Services

MyIDCare does not offer services to those with pre-existing conditions; identity theft protection and recovery services only cover identity fraud incidents that occur after customers have been enrolled.

No Lost Wallet Protection

MyIDCare does not offer lost wallet protection, meaning that the company does not assist customers with canceling or replacing credit cards, driver's licenses, social security cards, or insurance cards in the event of a lost or stolen wallet.

The Bottom Line

MyIDcare offers a wide range of services at competitive prices. However, the company does not work with customers who have pre-existing conditions. Additionally, MyIDCare does not offer lost wallet protection of any kind.

View Top Rated Companies

12 myIDcare Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 13th, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

Can never log into their site. the ridiculous two factor authentication is too slow. By the time I receive a passcode, the site session has expired.

June 5th, 2017 Washington, DC

MYIDCARE, IS THE WORST COMPANY nation wide , bad service and the worst customer service ever .

May 22nd, 2017 Baltimore, MD

Incredibly bad. Everything you don´t want in one horrendous package. ->Hard to log in to - you need a verification code that is valid for 10 minutes - and it frequently takes more than 10 minutes for it to show up in your inbox - and then the fun starts all over again. ->False positives, I got a message saying my SSN was being used in another state - I called them and it turned out to be nonsense. ->Fake alert messages. I regularly get messages telling me that I have an alert which is "not credit related" - which turns out to be a sex offender moving into my area. WTF?!? I live in the middle of the city. OF COURSE there are going to be sex offenders in my area. This is as if you have the boy calling wolf sending you email regularly. Unfortunately there is no way for me to turn that stupid sex offender alert off. All I got from customer service was "it's a part of the service." The first few times I was a bit alarmed by those alerts, nowadays I just ignore them - how useful is that? So far I've had one valid alert (re. email) which I had already found out about using a free service. I have had subscriptions to two other ID protection services - both were much, much better than this s**t show.

March 11th, 2017 Newport, KY

Horrendous and practically nonexistent. No help whatsoever. They cause more problems than they fix. Worst customer service in the history of the universe.

January 27th, 2017

I received notice that something happened and I should check my account. When I tried to log in, it said I was locked out and to call the 800 number. The voice mail went on for 3 minutes before giving me any options. Then, someone answered, told me I needed a specialist and put me back on hold...I hung up at the 20 minute point. Useless, useless, useless! My guess is that they would not survive if the government did not pay them to pretend to provide services. More wasted tax dollars.

January 17th, 2017 Henderson, NV

This site keeps making me verify my identity, even though I check the box to remember me. Worse yet is it's taking me 8-9 of the 10 allowed minutes for the verification code to get to me. By then they've logged me out because of inactivity. Really??? How dumb can they get?

December 15th, 2016

Double whammy in our family! Suddenly my husband was getting alerts from myIDcare. Called and spoke to representatives who explained that someone was attempting to take out loans and credit cards in his name. MyIDcare walked us through everything and got everything taken care of BEFORE any attempts to steal his ID went through. Then we put all our children's SS numbers into myIDcare's system. Within hours we got an alert that one of our children's SS number was being used across the country. MyIDshield gave us the information on this person and contacted the social security office who has now opened a case regarding the theft of my child's SS number. Curious to hear how this one ends. MyIDshield has been invaluable to two of our family members.

December 2nd, 2016

What a joke! I got the free trial due to the OPM breach. I registered/created my account, tried logging in a few days later and was locked out for incorrect password 3 times in a row. I know for a fact it was the correct password because I use "LastPass" which saves exactly what I put in. Sooooo I called "customer service" and was immediately placed on hold for an eternity. When someone finally did answer I was told there was nobody there that could help me and someone would have to call me back which.... you guessed it, never happened. I constantly get emails stating my records have changed but of course I can't access it. I would honestly rather have my identity stolen than deal with these incompetent a$$hats.

November 28th, 2016 Vestal, NY

This company is awful!! impossible to contact always high call volume useless!!! days late in notifications if you can even access to find out what the alert was. don't waste your money!!!

November 19th, 2016

I've had the service for 3 years and have NEVER been able to log in. I get alerts via email but no way to log in to review the alert. The link they send for "forgot password" hasn't NEVER worked. It's called a "token" and the token is never valid, even when I try to use it withing first 2 minutes. They've never answered the phone for service. 3 friggin years and zero service. Don't waste your time. I suspect they are just stealing info. No real reason for them to exist otherwise. Shena Lally (real name)

November 18th, 2016 Saint Petersburg, FL

Have been enrolled for over 2 years they send emails saying credit report has been changed or accessed. The password they sent does not work. They do not send password reset link when requested. If you call their customer service line you are usually over the 50th person in que. I have tried to talk to and agent now for over 2 years. This is fraud waste and abuse for the Federal Office of Personnel Management. I have requested a audit from OPM.

October 17th, 2016 Falls Church, VA

No way to turn off sex offender notifications. Their obscure emails don't tell you the nature of the alert so you have to login. Once logged in it's just a notification that someone who has served their time is moving in nearby...