We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company also provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

NortonLifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million-dollar protection package.

This million-dollar protection package covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and childcare, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers four identity theft protection options to choose from: the Standard plan that costs $9.99 per month, the Select plan that also costs $9.99 per month, the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month, and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month.

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has four identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal. NortonLifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Phone alerts are made during normal local business hours.

4.0

Sheila Romine

May 10th, 2016

LifeLock lets me know each month if anything has been detected or not. They also inform of places and things that have been compromised or scams.

Randall Thron

May 10th, 2016

I appreciated the monthly updates and information provided on security. Its also good to be prepared and to know what is happening on new scams.

Pitter

May 10th, 2016

I really appreciate to monthly reports I know they emailed my husband as soon as they found activity. In this day and age Life Lock gives me the extra protection and security I want.

Pepper

May 10th, 2016

Great so far. Appreciate monthly e-mail newsletter with updates on security issues, how to be better at spotting fraud and staying safe. Real test will begin if identity is ever stolen. Called to share information on fraudulent call from supposed "Dell Service " where caller wanted remote access to my PC. My contact was extremely professional and helpful.

Felicia Lynch

May 10th, 2016

In all honesty I probably not as careful as I should be online. However, when I receive my Service review I breathe a sense of relief and remember to be more care. Fortunately I have not had to use LifeLock's services, but I'm relieved I have it.

Sheila Altshuler

May 10th, 2016

Lifelock called me about someone trying to open a credit account with my name and they stopped it from happening.

Jerrie

May 10th, 2016

Lifelock is great! Since purchasing LifeLock's services, I have had 4 additional notification attempts on my identify and with having Lifelock on my side, I am happy that nothing has become of these attempts; I'm elated they're on my side. thank you Lifelock!!

Marsha Walls

May 10th, 2016

I have not had an experience of being hacked or a card stolen but I have lost my billfold in the past. In fact, I was recently in Colorado and left my billfold in a motel near the Denver airport. I feel comfortable knowing my things will be OK until they are mailed back to me.

Linda

May 10th, 2016

Thank you for sending me my MAY monthly email notice that you did not find any fraudulent activity on my account. I was getting worried because I haven't received an email from you for the past three months. I even telephoned you to ask why I stopped getting my monthly emails? The person on the telephone didn't seem to know. But I am so happy I received an email on May 1st. I hope the emails continue each month. Thank you.

Ron Beaulieu

May 10th, 2016

A number of years back Lifelock detected, on two occasions, individuals trying to open accounts using my personal information. Upon checking with me, LifeLock stopped the transactions and kept my personal info from being used and distributed. Now, anytime I suspect.any unauthorized activity in any of my accounts, I simply contact LifeLock and I'm confident that the situation is professionally taken care of.

Gloria Bayer

May 10th, 2016

When I open an account or change one they immediately email me or call and i was left feeling very sure things are being watched.

Gloria Rolando

May 10th, 2016

Life Lock has taken the worry off my mind. I still do worry and check my accounts regular, but I know that Life Lock is also keeping an eye on my financial accounts, since sometimes, I don't have time or am away from a computer. If anything happen, they will inform me.

Andres

May 10th, 2016

Lifelock makes it easy to monitor your financial history and identify issues. Takes the guess work out of making an assessment.

Ali Sanders

May 10th, 2016

Since I have been using Lifelock service, I have not had but one problem. It wasn't a problem for Lifelock, when they spotted what appeared to be a transaction in another country which I was also unaware of, they called me directly. It turned out to be an antivirus I had purchased, but I didn't know it's main offices was in another country. I had made the purchase, but I felt so very secure and safe that Lifelock is looking out for me, and it will be looking out for you!

Richard Winters

May 10th, 2016

Too slow to sending notice when credit is being check, long delay from LifeLock when someone is checking your credit

Marie Reynolds

May 10th, 2016

I would highly recommend LifeLock for everyone. It really helps ease my worry about being hacked, money stolen from bank accounts, charges on my credit cards, child molesters in my area where I live, etc.

Hickory Starr Jr.

May 10th, 2016

I just recently learned there are different levels of service. Guess I missed that when I enrolled, but even now I don't understand why a better effort to inform clients isn't made by Lifelock. I don't know what level of service I have and when I've reviewed my account it is confusing and unclear. I clicked a service above but I truly don't know what I am paying for, would be nice to know.

Barbara Adamson

May 10th, 2016

Twice now Lifeflock has come to the rescue of our daughters when they had either lost or had their wallet stolen. A call to Lifelock made the stress level decrease as they were walked thru the process of closing accounts, replacing licenses and most importantly of all, knowing that their identity would be monitored for fraud. Thank you!!

Sue Stappelman

May 10th, 2016

Lifelock has already saved me one time. I had my identity stolen two years ago and it is a nightmare. I have Lifelock through AOL and I cherish it. I truly do think it is just wonderful and they have already caught one attempt at fraud for me.

Johnny Coppage

May 10th, 2016

Exceptional service and texts are quick and LifeLock resolved the issue in quick time. I feel very safe and less stressful knowing I am being cared for by a very professional company. The service reps are very polite and work hard to answer all questions and work with me to handle any issues I have. John C. LifeLock member since October 2015

Deborah D.

May 10th, 2016

I thought I was careful with my personal information until the day I received a letter requesting additional information for a credit card. They had part of my social security number. I signed up with LifeLock the next day. It's a nice feeling that there is someone else watching out for you.

Stan Wilke

May 10th, 2016

Appreciate LifeLocks' monthly update 'E-Mail' !!! Receiving this 'E-Mail' affords me the knowledge that LifeLock is always looking out for my security .

Eric

May 10th, 2016

Very fast alerts, phone & text regarding potential fraudulent activities. Great customer service with real people as opposed to a computer. Easy to use web site with good information. Overall great product.

Ramona Lokken

May 10th, 2016

I tried to apply for a Credit Card and immediately received a call and text message advising me of the application and wanted to verify if it was me. Great service

Linda Santo

May 10th, 2016

I've always gotten updates .... And when I applied for credit card ....life lock wanted to know if it was me who applied .... To make sure someone else was trying to open account in my name ....I really appreciate them watching out for me

Karen Archie

May 10th, 2016

I really love LifeLock services. Sometimes I feel that they are a little excessive, I appreciate those alerts letting me know that someone might be trying to get credit using my identity. Those alerts are a little scary because in your mind you are wondering who might be the one trying to get access to my personal information or get credit using my identity. I am so impressed with LIfeLock that I have told family and friends about LifeLock. I told them if they watch TV , LifeLock has plenty of commercials and when those commercials come you write down the phone number and call them. I have given strangers your phone number because I have my sticker stuck on the back of my I-Phone. Yes! I will and have recommend LifeLock to friends, family, and strangers.

Bernadette Belcastro

May 10th, 2016

LifeLock notified me the same day that someone tried to open an account with a company in my name. I couldn't be happier that I have this service. I will never give it up.

James

May 10th, 2016

Having received notice from vendors who have access to my personal information with notices of their storage having been compromised, it's comforting to know LifeLock is monitoring our family accounts.

Janet Van Ert

May 10th, 2016

I have always been kept informed as to how things are going with my account on a regular basis which makes me feel very secure in the fact that someone is looking after the accounts.

Jocelyn Blease

May 10th, 2016

Although I always take precautions, shredding, erasing my web history, etc., it's good to know Lifelock has my back. I recently thought I may have an incident and they were so professional and knowledgeable and walked me through the different protocols. I am so glad I do business with this company!

Arthur Williams

May 10th, 2016

Only last week a third party tried to hack into my computer. And there have been other attempts to steel my identity, too. I'm much more comfortable with my LifeLock protection.

Gus Agostinelli

April 27th, 2016

LifeLock is prompt in letting me know the status of any activity on my personal data and that is reassuring that my data is protected.

Gail Abbey

April 27th, 2016

I am most pleased with the service. A few months ago I opened an account at Cosco and within 25 minutes was called to see if it was me. I hadn't even left the store. Now that is what I call good service.

Wm David Wynn

April 27th, 2016

I became a member because of a possible breach with one of the many companies handling my personal identifiable information. I have had no problem with any unscrupulous activity since LifeLock been watching over my accounts.

Emmberrann

April 27th, 2016

Because I have been vulnerable in the past, Life Locke has been a godsend. They contacted me on 2 occasions when my security was breached, and prevented any loss. I feel much safer with Life Locke in place.

Al C

April 27th, 2016

I have been completely satisfied with LifeLock from day one. I have never had an interaction with LifeLock personnel that was not a completely positive experience, and the web site is easy to navigate and gives added value to membership. I would, and in-fact often do, highly recommend LifeLock to friends and family. If given the opportunity to make any change, so that LifeLock could work better for me, I couldn't come up with any suggestions. It is a terrific service and great value.

Tina S

April 27th, 2016

LifeLock contacted me to inquire if I had applied for a recent credit card. I did not and they handled it beautifully. They advised me to contact a credit rating company to protect my current rating and they followed my account and kept me informed. Love them.

Brooks west

April 27th, 2016

Okay in the past year I've had more than a few things come up that lifelong has notify me of some was me and other not mine and for the times that was not mine I'm very thankful for life lock being in place to have thing set straight .

Yvonne

April 27th, 2016

Dealership was playing games with running credit. Lifelock let me know when the ran a credit application. I can't wait to see them today and let them know I'm serious about my business!

Kenneth Kunde

April 27th, 2016

I`m very pleased with Lifelock and their monitoring of my personal information for sometime now. I like the fact that they let me know of any new changes.

Freddy Farkle

April 26th, 2016

Had three of the cards being monitored hacked and used. Lifelock never notified me and when I called them they told me to report it to the police. When I cancelled their services, they said they would send me a check for the remainder of my prepaid fees. Been two months and still waiting. 20 to 40 minute wait on phone when I call and get zero service - a waste of time.

John

April 21st, 2016

I enrolled in LifeLock Ultimate-Plus in December 2015. I found out Monday, 4/18/16, that someone had filed a fraudulent tax return using my SSN. I waited on hold for 15-20 minutes (3 times) and finally gave up. I called the IRS and got excellent help from the representative. I finally reached someone at LifeLock today, 4/21, who would "email" the information that I needed to proceed to protect myself. When I asked if Lifelock was going to contact all the necessary parties that needed to be notified, which are several, I'm pretty sure the answer was no. But he was evasive in his response. I should have dumped them when I was notified that I was a member of the "class" in a class-action lawsuit settlement related to them not doing what their advertising and high paid spokespeople say they do. Poetic justice!! I'm just going to freeze my credit through the 3 bureaus since I don't plan on buying anything. I'm dumping this company.

drdolly

April 20th, 2016

While a bit pricey...the ends DO justify the means in this instance. Everything needed in one place...credit reports, safety and security reports, meaningful information re: same...well done...LiveLock!

AnitaIHarris

April 20th, 2016

Ive been using lifelock for a while, i would say 5yrs. or better ,& iam fully satisfied about the services. Excellent job guys, thanks for everything!

christine cummings

April 20th, 2016

Very happy with the service. My membership was up this month. I just renewed it for this upcoming year. I enjoy the updates every month. It means alot. Please continue the great service, and also the updates. Also, each time I call Lifelock I receive incredible service.

Mary

April 20th, 2016

I like knowing that I have extra protection against my accounts. I am notified immediately when I try to open other accounts which effect my identity.

KSimo

April 20th, 2016

Lifelock is great, I work in a sensitive position and was informed my personal information had been compromised, but I've always had lifelock and nothing has transpired from that data breach effecting my person.

Randy Davis

April 19th, 2016

I signed for their best plan. I received a credit alert 5 days ago. Still waiting for information about this alert. Someone is using my credit and life lock does not call me to tell me any information. I would not recommend this business!

Greg Sutton

April 18th, 2016

They use to be good. 3 years ago they stopped a car loan wile i was at the dealer and cleared it up quickly. I just bought a car and nothing except a credit inquiry a week later, several calls about it. when to the web pate and was told to click a green button to OK it. No green button, not able to cleat it and get calls telling me I have to wait 18 minutes to talk to someone, all the while being subject to BS advertising for their lame service.

Adonis

April 13th, 2016

They dont answer the phone ! 20 min hold times ! Called 3 times and same results ! Avoid