We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

LifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses.

According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

LifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company also provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, LifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million-dollar protection package.

This million-dollar protection package covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and childcare, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

LifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month.

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not appear to provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves.

Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software.

Some other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expenses and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock has three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal. LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Phone alerts are made during normal local business hours.

View Best Identity Theft Protection Companies

4.0

John Grannan
May 16th, 2016

I sent in an email asking about finding the LifeLock mobile app. They responded with a very concise explanation of how they are review the safety and security features of it before making it available again. I was quite satisfied with their response.

D. Salino
May 13th, 2016

Nothing short of excellent. I signed on with LifeLock some time ago, after learning that some personal info was compromised and used fraudulantly. Nearly all those I contacted -- i.e., various institutions -- advised me to register with your service, with glowing reports for LifeLock. Since registering with LifeLock, your customer service staff and emails have been spot-on, prompt and consistent in issuing warnings about other security breaches. Please keep up the good work -- especially where it concerns the most recent breaches at certain retail outfits. Thanks again for your excellent service. I never miss an opportunity to recommend you to friends & associates. Sincerely, D.

Rebecca L
May 13th, 2016

This is not a "complaint", exactly, but we have received a fair number of alerts from Lifelock pertaining to legitimate transactions. Their vigilance is what we're paying them for, and we'd rather they were a little over-zealous than careless. We respond as quickly as possible, but recently discovered that even though I had responded to a series of alerts, and believed them cleared, they were still showing as "live" under my husband's sign-on. (I don't understand why, but we have two accounts that are linked in some way, instead of a single account.) At that point, the alerts were about 2 weeks old, and we're wondering what would happen if neither of us had responded in that time. We *thought* someone should have notified him of the open status of these alerts under his name. Now we know that we both need to respond. Still, we consider this an invaluable resource and service, and will certainly maintain it. Phone support, when we've sought it, has been first-rate

Carol
May 13th, 2016

I was notified by LifeLock on my cell phone and via email. After completing the on-line questions asked by LifeLock, I was called. The LifeLock representative was very helpful in resolving the question which was perceived to be a fraudulent inquiry to one of my accounts. I'm glad to have LifeLock and would not hesitate referring anyone to use their services. Thank you LifeLock!

LR Ritter
May 13th, 2016

I enrolled in LifeLock never expecting to actually need it. But a year ago, someone got hold of my ssn and birth date and all of a sudden bank accounts and credit lines were being applied for in my name. LifeLock caught almost all of them before I had any idea what was happening. They helped with all of the paperwork with the FTC and local authorities. I'm still getting random attacks, but because of LifeLock all fraudulent accounts are being closed before any real damage can be done. I highly recommend LifeLock!

Charisse
May 13th, 2016

Lifelock informed me of an alert via phone and e-mail. They took time and gathered information and assured me they would find a resolution to the matter. They continued to update me every step of the way. My issue was quickly resolved in a fraction of the time, and so I am glad to have them on my side.

Rev RLR
May 13th, 2016

Very helpful, very quick response to when I inquired about the veterans discount. They replied and activated the discount within a week. If you are a veteran, LifeLock has your back. I am thankful that LifeLock recognizes our service with their service.

James Mettler
May 13th, 2016

I received an alert that someone tried to get a bank loan in my name. Lifelock notified me immediately, and was able to connect me with the lender to ensure they knew the application was fraudulent and to block any further activiy. VERY happy with the service from Lifelock! Who knows what a financial mess I may have had without them?

Judith Lord
May 13th, 2016

I am very pleased with the LifeLock team.....There was an alert sent to me this past Saturday. The LifeLock team responded quickly and followed up immediately with what had gone wrong with an auto sales company in Atlanta, GA. As it turned out, it was merely a typo error of the social security number--which ended up to be my number instead of the applicant's number. Per our 3 way conference call, no further action was needed. I was given all the information I needed for my own files. What this event did do for me was affirm that LifeLock is constantly alert to their client's accounts and is very serious about protecting them. THANK YOU LIFELOCK!

Alicia
May 13th, 2016

I called Lifelock regarding a notification that I received of a credit check that took place without my knowledge. The representative was very helpful and nice over the phone. They got back to me within 48 hours and everything was cleared.

Ginger Sanders
May 13th, 2016

I originally signed on in 2008. Never was I contacted that there were new programs and that my program did not have the bells and whistles it originally did. also it is a pain to get your cards and bank accounts reigstered. It sometimes takes it and sometimes it does not. Also I get alerts for the least little thing. Which makes you complacent when you get a real alert.

Barbara Stroud
May 13th, 2016

I immediately filed a complaint online with Lifelock after I realized that I had entered personal and account information in an email that I suspected was sent fraudulently by a cyber criminal that at first appeared to be sent by Apple and that my identity might have been compromised. I received a reply advising me that I had taken the right steps by filing a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center of the FBI, changed by Apple password,contacted Apple to monitor any suspicious activity regarding my account and filed a complaint with LifeLock so that anytime Lifelock's advanced detection system identifies any suspcious applications for credit or services using any piece of my identity within their network, they will assess my level of identity theft risk and alert me of the application by email and/or phone which was a great relief to me.

AB
May 13th, 2016

First call to Customer Support, it was a very smooth activity. We had received an alert in regard to an account and bank that we did not recognize. While talking to Melissa it became clear that further investigation was needed. Melissa called the bank, conferenced in the Bank Representative to review the situation privately, we found a similar ID number in a commercial account that was not ours. Issue identified and minimized in 1 call.

George Bagwell
May 11th, 2016

I have been notified each time there has been a large transaction or a credit inquiry pertaining to me or my accounts. I have and will continue recommend LifeLock services. If LifeLock sees anything that may seem suspicious then, I am notified by call and email.

Walt R.
May 11th, 2016

I find comfort knowing LifeLock is monitoring my personal information and financial accounts. My credit score went from 763 to 820 simply because LifeLock prevented credit card companies from running my credit worthiness as part of their solicitation to open accounts. Also, I receive far less junk mail. I am very pleased with the services LifeLock and highly recommend their services.

bitabliss
May 11th, 2016

I have been very happy with the service and the notifications. Lifelock has been very responsive any time I have had a problem or a question. Very knowlegeable and courteous.

epducks
May 11th, 2016

Rachel was wonderful! She was so helpful. She connected me with both the company involved and the resolutions department of Lifelock. She helped me through the whole process. I would definitely recommend Lifelock!

Tammie McQuain
May 11th, 2016

I just signed up a few days ago because I expected some identity fraud. Since that time life lock has been able to stop multiple accounts from being opened and has helped me investigate accounts that were recently opened and charged without my knowledge. Lifelock has been actively assisting and going the extra mile to report and flag my accounts to the various parties so that anytime my name and personl data comes up, it will be flagged. I already feel safer and protected. It's also nice that I don't have to make the calls to the various parties. Life lock handles everything so you can go on with life while they handle it for you. I'm a very satisfied customer. Thank you!

JeffG
May 11th, 2016

Lifelock is like a really smart guard dog. They're always watching for everything that could effect you, and they contact you the moment they detect anything. Having them on your side is like taking a warm bath, you can remain calm, all is well. On the downside, it is a little pricey. $20 a month may be a little much for some people. To me, it's worth it.

Roger T Ogden
May 11th, 2016

I called Lifelock when I received a bill from bank that I did not have an account with. They took care of it and then notified me of several attempts to open accounts with my information. They have taken care of everything superbly.

Jim M.
May 11th, 2016

Had a problem with identity theft. Life lock was very quick and professional about dealing with my problem. I'm very happy to have had them on my side! They are well worth every penny. Thank you Lifelock!!

Willie Gloor
May 11th, 2016

Lifelock was most prompt in responding to my question about accessing my account difficulties. The problem was corrected when we realized that both my wife and I could not use the same email address as user name as recommended.

Laura Carril
May 11th, 2016

Someone has tried to open brand new accounts in my name using my social security number, The first time was earlier this year. A few weeks ago, someone tried again in two different location and your team caught them again. Within hours, LifeLock resolved the issue before damage was done. Your team has saved me three times this year alone. Thanks for having my back.

Douglas Stafford
May 11th, 2016

I received a Lifelock alert telling me that my name had been added to a bank account. The Lifelock representative helped my resolve the issue quickly. I could not be happier with the outcome.

Cynthia
May 11th, 2016

Great, Lifelock monitors every inquiry that is associated with your personal information and help you every step of the way to make sure the fraudulent inquiries are resolved. Its a must have! Great customer service!

Carol Lee
May 11th, 2016

I am presently working with lifelock on identity fraud issue and the thief has already used the credit card he/she applied for with Chase Bank. Lifelock has been with me and advising me of necessary steps which must and are being taken. I really don't know how I would survive this ordeal without this outstanding service. Thank you Lifelock!!!

John G
May 11th, 2016

This service is so awesome! I inquired about tv and internet service and lifelock sent me an alert that my personal information has been used, even though it was me . Awesome!

Paul
May 11th, 2016

I applied for a retail store credit card. The next day LifeLock telephoned and emailed me regarding it. They wanted to know if I had applied for this card. Lifelock did not just sign me up, take my money and put me on the back burner. They are watching my back. Thank you !

Mary E. O'Neal
May 11th, 2016

I like the fact that you constantly moniture my accounts & keep me informed as to what is it isn't happening. It feels good to know someone is keeping an eye out for things I might not even think about, tho I do try to be careful.

Robert Swink
May 10th, 2016

We have been well pleased with the service. It has caught a couple of issues that were enter errors in someone applying for a line of credit that was not us. Getting the 'credit application' notices has saved us some potential headaches. The customer service with these issues have always been very professional and quick responses. In my opinion the annual rates we pay are worth the protection we provided! We have recently added our childern to the LifeLock Junior plan to protect their future credit.

Jeffrey Willeford
May 10th, 2016

Wonderful! Lifelock emailed about a possible fradulant credit inquiry on my credit accounts. I replied to all the emails, and I telephoned Lifelock that I would shortly be out of state on vacation where I could not be contacted or reply by telehpone or email. A Lifelock agent called the next day, answered some questions I had, then contacted the inquiring financial company and stayed on the line with us that all questions could be answered. The financial company saw that there was no longer any false credit application in the system and requested to Equifax that the credit inquiry be expunged from my FICA score. Lifelock is fanastic!

Jimmy Mac
May 10th, 2016

LifeLock representative Sean attempted to contact me about possible fraud while I was in hospital for surgery. I was unable to return his call due to hospitalization. Fortunately, I have recovered and now able to respond to the LifeLock alert. I spoke with Joseph at LifeLock this afternoon and told him about the alert and that I had called Capital One earlier to confirm fraudulent activity. The individual who applied for a credit card using my name had my social security number, address, and phone number. Capital One canceled the card and is investigating.I want to thank LifeLock for detecting the attempted use of my information for fraudulent use. Thank You!

YogaMary
May 10th, 2016

A few years ago, while vacationing in Ca, my boyfriend was contacted by his credit card about suspicious charges in three states. Thankfully they were resolved, but we immediately signed up for LifeLock, while still on vacation. A couple days ago, LifeLock notified me of a new application for a Verizon account, which was fraudulent. I just hung up from a mediation call with a LifeLock representative and Verizon. The problem is resolved and I can sleep soundly, knowing I am well protected from the identity thieves. I am now writing to my family and friends urging them all to sign up today! Many thanks to LifeLock.

Mike Molinini
May 10th, 2016

had multiple attempts to set up new credit cards using my stolen identity. Very good service and support connecting me directly with each company and bank to get the cards denied or canceled and removed from my credit history

Belinda Townsend
May 10th, 2016

Recently I had a friend help organize my house and she just threw all my personal information, bank ,credit cards, loan info. etc.. in the trash without shredding it .I was so scared about my information getting in the wrong hands and could not sleep. I called life lock which I already was a member and explained the situation. The woman that helped me was so nice and she put me in another plan that will help my situation, my stress level was a lot better after that phone call. Awhile later I opened up a new account and was called to confirm that I did open a new account less than 19hours after I opened the account that is really great. I feel less stress knowing that Lifelock has my bad. Thank you!!!!

Cynthia
May 10th, 2016

I've been with the company for several years now. I wasn't concerned until recently, I went through my accounts on their system and some of them haven't been updated since March 31st ---- today is May 3rd. How are you protecting me if you haven't monitored my account in over a month??

David
May 10th, 2016

With LifeLock, I have been notified when any activity happens with my credit information and I have had no issues with my credit since having LifeLock. When an inquiry or incident occurs, I am notified via text; and my ability to accept or deny is a simple test response away. Great product that I highly recommend

Van
May 10th, 2016

My home was burgluerized in 2009. Most of my cards, documents, and cherished items were stolen. I felt violated and worried that my identity would also be compromised. I joined Lifelock AMD they have protected me. It's a good feeling to have someone looking out for my identity

Sheila Romine
May 10th, 2016

LifeLock lets me know each month if anything has been detected or not. They also inform of places and things that have been compromised or scams.

Randall Thron
May 10th, 2016

I appreciated the monthly updates and information provided on security. Its also good to be prepared and to know what is happening on new scams.

Pitter
May 10th, 2016

I really appreciate to monthly reports I know they emailed my husband as soon as they found activity. In this day and age Life Lock gives me the extra protection and security I want.

Pepper
May 10th, 2016

Great so far. Appreciate monthly e-mail newsletter with updates on security issues, how to be better at spotting fraud and staying safe. Real test will begin if identity is ever stolen. Called to share information on fraudulent call from supposed "Dell Service " where caller wanted remote access to my PC. My contact was extremely professional and helpful.

Felicia Lynch
May 10th, 2016

In all honesty I probably not as careful as I should be online. However, when I receive my Service review I breathe a sense of relief and remember to be more care. Fortunately I have not had to use LifeLock's services, but I'm relieved I have it.

Sheila Altshuler
May 10th, 2016

Lifelock called me about someone trying to open a credit account with my name and they stopped it from happening.

Jerrie
May 10th, 2016

Lifelock is great! Since purchasing LifeLock's services, I have had 4 additional notification attempts on my identify and with having Lifelock on my side, I am happy that nothing has become of these attempts; I'm elated they're on my side. thank you Lifelock!!

Marsha Walls
May 10th, 2016

I have not had an experience of being hacked or a card stolen but I have lost my billfold in the past. In fact, I was recently in Colorado and left my billfold in a motel near the Denver airport. I feel comfortable knowing my things will be OK until they are mailed back to me.

Linda
May 10th, 2016

Thank you for sending me my MAY monthly email notice that you did not find any fraudulent activity on my account. I was getting worried because I haven't received an email from you for the past three months. I even telephoned you to ask why I stopped getting my monthly emails? The person on the telephone didn't seem to know. But I am so happy I received an email on May 1st. I hope the emails continue each month. Thank you.

Ron Beaulieu
May 10th, 2016

A number of years back Lifelock detected, on two occasions, individuals trying to open accounts using my personal information. Upon checking with me, LifeLock stopped the transactions and kept my personal info from being used and distributed. Now, anytime I suspect.any unauthorized activity in any of my accounts, I simply contact LifeLock and I'm confident that the situation is professionally taken care of.

Gloria Bayer
May 10th, 2016

When I open an account or change one they immediately email me or call and i was left feeling very sure things are being watched.

Gloria Rolando
May 10th, 2016

Life Lock has taken the worry off my mind. I still do worry and check my accounts regular, but I know that Life Lock is also keeping an eye on my financial accounts, since sometimes, I don't have time or am away from a computer. If anything happen, they will inform me.