We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, Norton LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

Norton LifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses.

According to Norton LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. Norton LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off a Norton LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

Norton LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

Norton LifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, Norton LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, Norton LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company also provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, Norton LifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, Norton LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

Norton LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million-dollar protection package.

This million-dollar protection package covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and childcare, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

Norton LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

Norton LifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. Norton LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual Norton LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. Norton LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

Norton LifeLock offers four identity theft protection options to choose from: the Standard plan that costs $9.99 per month, the Select plan that also costs $9.99 per month, the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month, and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month.

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off of all Norton LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, Norton LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the Norton LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the Norton LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the Norton LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, Norton LifeLock does not appear to provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves.

Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that Norton LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software.

Some other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expenses and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

Norton LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

Norton LifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

Norton LifeLock has four identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some Norton LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, Norton LifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal. Norton LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Phone alerts are made during normal local business hours.

4.0

John H
May 18th, 2016

My wife and I started with Lifelock in Feb 2015 after the reports of data breaches of multiple large companies/providers that had our personal information. I appreciate the monitoring and the levels I can set for notifications on bank withdrawals or transfers. The online interface is very friendly and easy to navigate. May of 2016, we received a phone call from LifeLock indicating a possible "fraudulant activity" through 2 service providers. Sure enough our personal information had been stolen and the thief was trying to open accounts through banks and cellular providers. Lifelock disputed these and resolved these in the course of 4 calendar days. Although it has been difficult to access a person for assistance on occasion, once we got a single point of contact to work with, our ease of access increased. They have been very prompt, responsive, and supportive, answering any questions and providing avenues and guidance to us on steps to take. I definitely am greatful for the protection investment I made prior to this happening. I would not have known otherwise until it was too late. In total, I have received over 15 letters from failed open accounts and successful disputes that Lifelock has assisted me in. I am sure they will keep rolling in. This is a service that I paid for that I can actually say has delivered on the promises that they make in their sales pitch. It has given me piece of mind.

Arthur
May 18th, 2016

We were using Lifelock Ultimate for 6 months and didn't really get any notifications or any unusual activity updates. So we didn't know if it was "working" or if there really wasn't any activity. We decided to change banks from our credit union to one of the major national banks. During the application process they entered our personal information, less than a minute later my wife and I both got a text alert that a bank account was being opened under our name. It gave us the option to acknowledge it was our doing or to provide a stop order against the transaction (to the best of LifeLock's ability). Needless to say, we are lifers.

David Berman
May 18th, 2016

My CPA informed me that someone used my social security number fraudulently to obtain a tax refund. I immediately called LifeLock and reported it. The representative promised to email me some forms, but I never received any emails. I contacted them by email and received no answer. I have their most comprehensive plan, and expected at the very least, for them to do what they said they would do.

Donald Sinclair
May 18th, 2016

I was responding to a credit check alert from LifeLock. LifeLock walked me through the verification process with the requesting creditor insuring that the request was not fraudulent. My service representative handled all of the questioning and all I had to do was listen and supply a few responses. Very good experience!!

Sheldon
May 18th, 2016

I was amazed and very pleased with the handling and assistance of my recent case. The speed in which you responded was very impressive. I've been left with a feeling that I'm not going through this alone. I appreciate the support you have provided.

Carolina Gutierrez
May 18th, 2016

Kimberley Carter, Life Lock Specialist, helped me get my tax refund in 6 months. The average wait for the IRS to investigate your case would have been 12 months. She helped me fill out the numerous documents correctly to ensure a speedy process. Thank you for your help.

Linda L.
May 18th, 2016

I just subscribed to Lifelock about a month ago. They have been more than helpful. They resolved each Alert I got in a timely manner and with positive closures. They phone rep was so kind and understanding handling my issues. I can't thank you enough for everything.

Vonda Godette
May 18th, 2016

Being a victim of fraudulent activity, the company went out of their way to alert me to a possible problem. After talking to a Lifelock agent, we were able to talk to the bank where a credit application was submitted in my name and found out that this was not me who initiated this transaction. Thank you

Lesa Prater
May 17th, 2016

Very pleased with the way Lifelock handled the alert on my account. The specialist I talked to was very helpful. When she called me back with the results of the alert, she was very reassuring, making sure I understood the results.

MGrip
May 17th, 2016

I started using lifelock to protect my credit. Lifelock is on top of things, when I applied for a credit card they sent an alert to make sure it was me and that someone had not gotten ahold of my information. I like this company so much I have my parents on Lifelock also.

LeslieC
May 17th, 2016

When we needed to get my spouse's user ID and passoword set up (separately from my own) the LifeLock representative on the phone was so helpful and friendly!

Levi
May 17th, 2016

As a college student having my information put anywhere and everywhere I was constantly worried about my identity being stolen. Since signing up with LifeLock, I have had the comfort of knowing that I am protected and have been pleased with the amount of feedback they provide with the service. Highly Recommended!

Richard
May 17th, 2016

Thanks for being on top of everything. We appreciate your professionalism and attention to all the cyber attacks, and every concievable attack on peoples credit in todays world. This would be a hard job to do ourselves. My only criticism was when calling you, the 'voice' said they do not like to keep people on wait for more than a few minutes and then it said my call would be answered in 22 minutes. That is unacceptable. Otherwise, we feel we are in great hands. Everyone takes their job seriously and that is what makes us feel comfortable with LifeLock.

B. Young
May 17th, 2016

Due to all the issues with merchants and banks being hacked and data breaches my wife and I decided to up grade our plan. The associate was very helpful with the process explained how to proceed with the upgrade and the change in fees along with the prorate from our old plan. She even offered a discount for this year without any prompting. Service over the phone was great. Web site was a little less responsive, left too many unresolved questions. In fact it referred me to the phone agent. So I can't complain.

Francis R. Schwartz
May 17th, 2016

Lifelock is sensitive to any change, fraudulent activity or credit inquiry and will always notify members of such activity. I am confident that I am protected.

JC
May 17th, 2016

A recent alert was resolved satisfactorily thanks to LifeLock. My tenacious LifeLock representative continued researching the problem until we discovered that I had initiated the credit check with a company known by a corporate name that I was unfamiliar with.

Alex Ferguson
May 17th, 2016

I have been a victim of identity theft for 3 years plus. I still frequently have issues with this. When I call Life Lock, I am already frustrated and to sit on hold 3 times in the last 7 days for over 15 minutes is very frustrating. Yesterday, I was told after holding for 28 minutes, "The fraud department is not answering due to heavy call volume. We will need to call you back." Your Company offers a service that I am in great need of. I am happy to be a Customer of Life Lock. But when I have to sit on hold for over 15 minutes every time I call, it makes me wonder about the management of your services...

David A.
May 17th, 2016

I received 3 alerts. I called Lifelock, was told the wait time was approximately 9 minutes, which it turned out to be. After hearing my story, the rep I initially was connected with said he would transfer me to the appropriate department to handle my situation. The person I was put in contact with was named Dlecia and she was wonderful to work. She worked through each of the 3 alerts in a very methodical and professional way. She set up conference calls with reps from each of the 3 businesses involved and stayed with me throughout the entire process which took an hour. There was 1 fraudulent account application and 2 fraudulent credit applications. 1 credit application had already been denied due to the 7 year alert Lifelock had previously helped me establish. Dlecia also made sure that the 3 credit inquiries that had been submitted to the credit agencies were removed. I have been a member of Lifelock since May, 2013. My previous experiences with them have all been very good. This is the first time I have had to deal with multiple alerts and I.am very grateful for having people the quality of Dlecia to work with.

MistWing
May 17th, 2016

I have nothing but positive praise for the Customer Service Reps at Lifelock. They helped me resolve a series of ID theft attempts with a minimum of effort on my part. I will definitely recommend LifeLock to my friends.

Michael Reid
May 17th, 2016

LifeLock sent me on alert about 3 days about my information that was use at a company to open an account. LifeLock started the investigation right away sent me several emails on the progress. And today 10/15/14 LifeLock was able to set up a conference call with the company / LifeLock and myself that activity was shut down LifeLock did an incredible job they took care of everything. Thanks To You All At LifeLock. Member since March 2014

Dan Boston
May 17th, 2016

Life Lock has discovered numerous fraudulent claims on stopped them on my behalf. Their specialist are knowledgeable and helpful!

Stacy
May 17th, 2016

I was recently a victim of fraud and lifelock not only notified me immediately but resolved the situation before my credit could be compromised. They took care of everything! Definitely recommend!

Samuel R. Cook
May 17th, 2016

The agents were very helpful and interfaced between myself and the Chase Representative. They took care of the fraudulent card application and cancelled the application. The lifelock agent sent me a report on my email as she promised. Excellent service.

Marguerite
May 17th, 2016

I am pleased that we get a monthly report on our security. We've never had a problem, but like knowing that right from the company. Also we appreciate the "heads up" when there may be people in our are posing as representatives for the company and what to do should we encounter one of them.

Barbara M
May 17th, 2016

LifeLock has called to alert me to a known sexual offender in my neighborhood and also contacted me when a company was looking into my financials to make sure it was a legitimate inquiry. I do feel my information is protected and I feel safer regarding internet transactions.

Linda F.
May 17th, 2016

All my personal information was stolen last year. I signed up for LifeLock, and they have been monitoring all of my accounts for stolen identity. They let me know right away when there was something suspicious with my savings account and worked with my bank to fix the problem. I do not have to worry with LifeLock.

Barbara J. Roemo
May 17th, 2016

People I have spoken to are rude. Representative who asked me security questions did not speak clearly. I could not understand her. Asked to speak with her supervisor and I felt her to be very rude to me. Every time I call in there is a 12 to 16 minute wait.

Michael C.
May 17th, 2016

I recently had a question about upgrading my existing LifeLock coverage and contacted LifeLock Customer Service by email. They responded in 24 hours and clearly explained the process and how the cost would be prorated since I was not due to renew my coverage for six months. Thank you, LifeLock, for your excellent Customer Service!

Linda
May 17th, 2016

It's very reassuring to know that LifeLock is so vigilant in looking for threats to our identity, & it's also reassuring to know that if our identity is breached, LifeLock is there to help us in the recovery process.

Roger Brogren
May 17th, 2016

Lifelock is totally transparent, always there, and a necessity in my opinion! Only negative comment is that it is somewhat hard to reload files after a disc crash.

James Higham
May 17th, 2016

Very efficient company; they are very service orientated, extremely helpful, and a pleasure to work with on any issue. Keep up the good work!

Nancy J
May 17th, 2016

I'm a victim of identity theft and have been working with lifelock and they have really been helpful on the steps I need to take to resolve this. If I contact my rep from lifelock they call me back in a timely matter and answer any questions I have.

Judy
May 17th, 2016

I really liked hearing from LifeLock to let me know that all was well with my account. Thanks for the good service!

samiam
May 17th, 2016

I have had a couple of problems in the past year and Life Lock was right there to help me out and settle the problem. I don't know what I would have done without them and I am sure it would have cost me a substantial amount of money. They made it so much easier to settle.

Kate
May 17th, 2016

Life lock makes me feel safe. The representative I worked with over the phone was outstanding. She answered all of my questions and even stayed on the phone with me while I entered my credit card information. I like getting updates and other news via email.

ellachazan
May 17th, 2016

Thanks to LifeLock I survived the aftermath of my social security number being stolen! They notified me, and took care of all the credit agencies, and dealt with the retail stores where the thieves made applications using my information. I don't know how I would have done this without their intervention and resolution!

Albert Saul
May 17th, 2016

Lifelock notified me that there were six requests to open credit cards in my name. They called all the stores to notify them that these was fraudulent requests. Lifelock helped me avoid a nightmare.

William D
May 17th, 2016

Lifelock has warned me when something out of the ordinary occurs on my credit accounts. Fortunately it was me doing a different than usual routine. But it shows that they are on top of things. And I appreciate that.

Co
May 17th, 2016

Knowing that LifeLock is constantly monitoring my accounts gives me a sense of security that's priceless. I try to keep an eye on my accounts but I can't do it constantly like they do. I love that extra layer of protection.

Carole Fawcett
May 17th, 2016

I don't have time in my busy life to monitor all my credit cards, reports, everything. It is so reassuring to know that Lifelock is doing that for me. Thanks Lifelock.

dougpircher
May 17th, 2016

I love LifeLock and the protection I receive. I feel confident having LifeLock.. However, I miss the screen on the homepage showing our credit scores. This was an excellent feature and I wish they would bring it back.

Daniel Leist
May 17th, 2016

I had my identity stolen and joined LifeLock. LifeLock does a great job monitoring my financial transactions and gives me alerts for any transaction out of the ordinary. I feel comfortable and safe with this monitoring.

Joe Seco
May 17th, 2016

Since my signing in, their reporting has been on schedule. A transaction overseas was picked up in minutes and notified. So far, the monitoring is excellent. Keep it up!

Becky
May 17th, 2016

I am happy with all their services and their customer service. I've had to call a couple of times to ask questions about their website, and/or how to navigate. Always friendly and knowledgeable help.

Mitroka
May 17th, 2016

This has been such a relief for me. Not having to think about this stuff has taken a lot of stress out of my life. I recommend it to others whenever I can. Well worth the money.

Carmen Mitoff
May 17th, 2016

I was really surprised at how quickly LifeLock contacted me about a request I made for credit with a retail store, that is when I realized that they are really on the ball. I was definitely impressed with this and I now know that I will continue using their services for the foreseeable future and I also highly recommend them for anyone who wants to feel secure from identity theft.

Rich J.
May 16th, 2016

Someone was trying to open an account with Sprint using my social security number. I called Lifelock and spoke with the Tyson Herrell. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. He contacted Sprint and with his help the situation was resolved.

George E.
May 16th, 2016

I first heard about Lifelock ID protection on TV commercials and have since been interested in obtaining Lifelock's ID protection services. A month ago, I located Lifelock's website while web surfing and I reviewed the various plans and I enrolled in the Ultimate Plus for $29.99/month and I have to say that the service rendered so far has been comprehensive with rapid responses. They always inform me of the few personal information data changes I had to make to keep current with all bank accounts as well as my accounts with credit card, online retailers and my social security account.Not only do they notify me of these changes, they also request that I acknowledge these changes to insure proper authorization of these changes at all times. In addition, Lifelock always inform me of any sex offenders that move into my neighborhood so I have some sense of security knowing that someone does have an eye on them at all times. Lifelock is a godsend!

Dena Clark
May 16th, 2016

For a new member, the time from sign up to getting any type of instruction is very poor. (Wait time on phone is also bad.) We are not very computer savvy and still have not received anything in writing as to how the whole thing is supposed to work. We are just figuring out how to respond to alerts.

A.Webb
May 16th, 2016

When I had realized that my identity had initially gotten stolen, Life Lock had called me to see if I had opened a new credit card account, I had told them that I had not and they had shut it down, before the new credit card had been issued to the person whom had stolen my identity. I have also been a victim of stalking and it is reassuring that Life Lock notifies me when convicted felons are released from jail and exactly where they live if located in my neighborhood or within a 50 mile radius. This service is especially important for those whom have children and want to keep them safe.