We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company also provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

NortonLifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million-dollar protection package.

This million-dollar protection package covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and childcare, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind.

NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers four identity theft protection options to choose from: the Standard plan that costs $9.99 per month, the Select plan that also costs $9.99 per month, the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month, and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month.

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers stolen or lost documents, travel expenses, lost wages, and more. The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has four identity protection plan options — the Standard plan, the Select plan, the Advantage plan, and the Ultimate Plus plan.

These plans can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection against identity thieves.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information from theft, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal. NortonLifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Phone alerts are made during normal local business hours.

4.0

GoldCountry

May 19th, 2016

Seeing some suspicious emails, I signed up for LifeLock. The very next day my email was hacked. LifeLock went to work for me no more than 24 hours after purchasing. It saw my email on an internet black list and immediately alerted me. I am so impressed. Worth every cent.

Kauai David

May 19th, 2016 Alpine, UT

Getting connected with Life Lock is one of the best things I've ever done. I have been having problems with someone attempting to use my name to establish fraudulent accounts and they have caught it and been very professional in the way they have handled things.

Michael Cook

May 19th, 2016

Signed up for LifeLock after getting fraud reports from credit card companies. They immediately went to work searching for credit applications and sending me alerts. then after verification from me that I did not authorize the credit checks, they went to work to contact the companies and get a resolution. they handled all this much faster than I could and saved me an enormous amount of time and worry. Don't wait like I did, sign up now before this starts happening to you.

Stefanie

May 19th, 2016

my identity was stolen in the beginning of the year and used for tax fraud. I immediately signed up with LifeLock after it being recommended by a friend. My identity has been used multiple times since the original theft and I am always notified within minutes and am able to stop any further damage. I get an email, text and call as soon as my identity is used. Definitely gives me a ton of security. Also very helpful that they take the time on the phones to get it cleared up!!

Valerie R

May 19th, 2016

I got a lifelock alert that two credit card checks had been applied for in my name so I clicked the button saying no it was not me! I was feeling very scared at that point... but I got a call very promptly after I let them know and they worked to get me in touch with the bank that had given the credit cards and they got the accounts closed and the inquiries taken off my credit score. I thought this was going to be a lengthy process but all of this happened within ONE day. They worked so fast and led me through telling me exactly what was going to happen along the way so I didn't get worked up and scared. Luckily whoever opened the card didn't have any charges yet because of Lifelocks quick alerts. Thanks so much!

Timothy Flo

May 19th, 2016

A week ago I received a Lifelock Alert concerning Verizon account(s) I had not applied for. I responded and was prompted that I would receive another contact from the Lifelock Resolution Center. I received that today. Once again I contacted Lifelock and we together talked to a Verizon representative on the phone. As a result of that conversation, I am to submit a police report with my local police department and send Verizon a copy of the report. I am to receive another contact from the Resolution Center in 3-5 days. The ID thieves apparently have my name, address and Social Security number. Scary. This kind of thing is why I have Lifelock. It remains to be seen how this turns out, but so far, my dealing with Lifelock has been pretty good. I'm counting on Lifelock to protect my personal accounts, credit, etc.

W W Jordan

May 19th, 2016

It was initially thought that a capital one credit card acct was being opened with my soc sec number. That was disturbing to me, but I had complete confidence that Lifelock would take care of my credit, and fix this credit breach. A very kind, and helpful employee, spent quite a bit of time tracking down the problem, and made sure that my credit was not harmed. It turned out that a Canadian citizen was applying to open a credit card account thru Capital one, in Canada, and has the same Canadian soc sec number as myself, here in the U.S. I feel very relieved, and thankful, that I have Lifelock watching over my financial interests and credit. Thank you Lifelock!

Paul

May 19th, 2016

Since I have had Life lock I have been more relaxed knowing they are there watching . It is a load off my mind especially since things are more electronic these days it would be almost impossible for me to watch everything my self.

Tina W

May 19th, 2016

LifeLock is the best investment I ever made...at the first sign that my identitity had been stolen I purchased Lifelock to guard against future breaches. When another attempt was made a few days after I purchased LifeLock, this time to get cable services in my name, I was promptly notified and services were halted even before they began. A LifeLock representative even called me and together we had a conference call with the cable company to learn further details of the incident; my questions were answered by both the cable company and my LifeLock representative.

Ronald MacLennan

May 19th, 2016

Good customer service. So far so good as far as protection of identity, credit cards, and bank accounts. Hope it stays that way.

Randi Pierro

May 19th, 2016

I was very satisfied with the outcome of my "alert" problem. The lady who helped me was courteous and professional. She settled everything to my satisfaction. They said there was a problem with someone using a Citi Bank card of mine. However, I've never had a Citi Bank card. We had a 3-way phone conversation with the Lifelock person and Citi Bank person who determined that it was an error on Citi Bank's customer service's part. The outcome was that No, I never had an account with Citi Bank and no one had tried to open an account in my name.

Jane

May 19th, 2016

The past several weeks have been frustrating with fraudulent activities under my name. However, LifeLock or I should say the staff at LifeLock have been very patient and understanding during these ordeals. I am very impressed at the knowledge and professionalism all the staff have displayed. Thank you lifelock!

Bill Munro

May 18th, 2016

Linda was patient, helpful and knowledgable. I have only been with LifeLock less than a month and already realize it's potential strength.

Mary Cathy Jones

May 18th, 2016

In this world of continuous cyber scams and security breaches, having LifeLock for mine and my family's accounts is very reassuring. I appreciate notices sent to my cell phone regarding any actions involving my bank accounts and credit cards that are over a certain limit. Knowing that the LifeLock service has a lock on my personal information takes a lot of pressure off of me.

John H

May 18th, 2016

My wife and I started with Lifelock in Feb 2015 after the reports of data breaches of multiple large companies/providers that had our personal information. I appreciate the monitoring and the levels I can set for notifications on bank withdrawals or transfers. The online interface is very friendly and easy to navigate. May of 2016, we received a phone call from LifeLock indicating a possible "fraudulant activity" through 2 service providers. Sure enough our personal information had been stolen and the thief was trying to open accounts through banks and cellular providers. Lifelock disputed these and resolved these in the course of 4 calendar days. Although it has been difficult to access a person for assistance on occasion, once we got a single point of contact to work with, our ease of access increased. They have been very prompt, responsive, and supportive, answering any questions and providing avenues and guidance to us on steps to take. I definitely am greatful for the protection investment I made prior to this happening. I would not have known otherwise until it was too late. In total, I have received over 15 letters from failed open accounts and successful disputes that Lifelock has assisted me in. I am sure they will keep rolling in. This is a service that I paid for that I can actually say has delivered on the promises that they make in their sales pitch. It has given me piece of mind.

Arthur

May 18th, 2016

We were using Lifelock Ultimate for 6 months and didn't really get any notifications or any unusual activity updates. So we didn't know if it was "working" or if there really wasn't any activity. We decided to change banks from our credit union to one of the major national banks. During the application process they entered our personal information, less than a minute later my wife and I both got a text alert that a bank account was being opened under our name. It gave us the option to acknowledge it was our doing or to provide a stop order against the transaction (to the best of LifeLock's ability). Needless to say, we are lifers.

David Berman

May 18th, 2016

My CPA informed me that someone used my social security number fraudulently to obtain a tax refund. I immediately called LifeLock and reported it. The representative promised to email me some forms, but I never received any emails. I contacted them by email and received no answer. I have their most comprehensive plan, and expected at the very least, for them to do what they said they would do.

Donald Sinclair

May 18th, 2016

I was responding to a credit check alert from LifeLock. LifeLock walked me through the verification process with the requesting creditor insuring that the request was not fraudulent. My service representative handled all of the questioning and all I had to do was listen and supply a few responses. Very good experience!!

Sheldon

May 18th, 2016

I was amazed and very pleased with the handling and assistance of my recent case. The speed in which you responded was very impressive. I've been left with a feeling that I'm not going through this alone. I appreciate the support you have provided.

Carolina Gutierrez

May 18th, 2016

Kimberley Carter, Life Lock Specialist, helped me get my tax refund in 6 months. The average wait for the IRS to investigate your case would have been 12 months. She helped me fill out the numerous documents correctly to ensure a speedy process. Thank you for your help.

Linda L.

May 18th, 2016

I just subscribed to Lifelock about a month ago. They have been more than helpful. They resolved each Alert I got in a timely manner and with positive closures. They phone rep was so kind and understanding handling my issues. I can't thank you enough for everything.

Vonda Godette

May 18th, 2016

Being a victim of fraudulent activity, the company went out of their way to alert me to a possible problem. After talking to a Lifelock agent, we were able to talk to the bank where a credit application was submitted in my name and found out that this was not me who initiated this transaction. Thank you

Lesa Prater

May 17th, 2016

Very pleased with the way Lifelock handled the alert on my account. The specialist I talked to was very helpful. When she called me back with the results of the alert, she was very reassuring, making sure I understood the results.

MGrip

May 17th, 2016

I started using lifelock to protect my credit. Lifelock is on top of things, when I applied for a credit card they sent an alert to make sure it was me and that someone had not gotten ahold of my information. I like this company so much I have my parents on Lifelock also.

LeslieC

May 17th, 2016

When we needed to get my spouse's user ID and passoword set up (separately from my own) the LifeLock representative on the phone was so helpful and friendly!

Levi

May 17th, 2016

As a college student having my information put anywhere and everywhere I was constantly worried about my identity being stolen. Since signing up with LifeLock, I have had the comfort of knowing that I am protected and have been pleased with the amount of feedback they provide with the service. Highly Recommended!

Richard

May 17th, 2016

Thanks for being on top of everything. We appreciate your professionalism and attention to all the cyber attacks, and every concievable attack on peoples credit in todays world. This would be a hard job to do ourselves. My only criticism was when calling you, the 'voice' said they do not like to keep people on wait for more than a few minutes and then it said my call would be answered in 22 minutes. That is unacceptable. Otherwise, we feel we are in great hands. Everyone takes their job seriously and that is what makes us feel comfortable with LifeLock.

B. Young

May 17th, 2016

Due to all the issues with merchants and banks being hacked and data breaches my wife and I decided to up grade our plan. The associate was very helpful with the process explained how to proceed with the upgrade and the change in fees along with the prorate from our old plan. She even offered a discount for this year without any prompting. Service over the phone was great. Web site was a little less responsive, left too many unresolved questions. In fact it referred me to the phone agent. So I can't complain.

Francis R. Schwartz

May 17th, 2016

Lifelock is sensitive to any change, fraudulent activity or credit inquiry and will always notify members of such activity. I am confident that I am protected.

JC

May 17th, 2016

A recent alert was resolved satisfactorily thanks to LifeLock. My tenacious LifeLock representative continued researching the problem until we discovered that I had initiated the credit check with a company known by a corporate name that I was unfamiliar with.

Alex Ferguson

May 17th, 2016

I have been a victim of identity theft for 3 years plus. I still frequently have issues with this. When I call Life Lock, I am already frustrated and to sit on hold 3 times in the last 7 days for over 15 minutes is very frustrating. Yesterday, I was told after holding for 28 minutes, "The fraud department is not answering due to heavy call volume. We will need to call you back." Your Company offers a service that I am in great need of. I am happy to be a Customer of Life Lock. But when I have to sit on hold for over 15 minutes every time I call, it makes me wonder about the management of your services...

David A.

May 17th, 2016

I received 3 alerts. I called Lifelock, was told the wait time was approximately 9 minutes, which it turned out to be. After hearing my story, the rep I initially was connected with said he would transfer me to the appropriate department to handle my situation. The person I was put in contact with was named Dlecia and she was wonderful to work. She worked through each of the 3 alerts in a very methodical and professional way. She set up conference calls with reps from each of the 3 businesses involved and stayed with me throughout the entire process which took an hour. There was 1 fraudulent account application and 2 fraudulent credit applications. 1 credit application had already been denied due to the 7 year alert Lifelock had previously helped me establish. Dlecia also made sure that the 3 credit inquiries that had been submitted to the credit agencies were removed. I have been a member of Lifelock since May, 2013. My previous experiences with them have all been very good. This is the first time I have had to deal with multiple alerts and I.am very grateful for having people the quality of Dlecia to work with.

MistWing

May 17th, 2016

I have nothing but positive praise for the Customer Service Reps at Lifelock. They helped me resolve a series of ID theft attempts with a minimum of effort on my part. I will definitely recommend LifeLock to my friends.

Michael Reid

May 17th, 2016

LifeLock sent me on alert about 3 days about my information that was use at a company to open an account. LifeLock started the investigation right away sent me several emails on the progress. And today 10/15/14 LifeLock was able to set up a conference call with the company / LifeLock and myself that activity was shut down LifeLock did an incredible job they took care of everything. Thanks To You All At LifeLock. Member since March 2014

Dan Boston

May 17th, 2016

Life Lock has discovered numerous fraudulent claims on stopped them on my behalf. Their specialist are knowledgeable and helpful!

Stacy

May 17th, 2016

I was recently a victim of fraud and lifelock not only notified me immediately but resolved the situation before my credit could be compromised. They took care of everything! Definitely recommend!

Samuel R. Cook

May 17th, 2016

The agents were very helpful and interfaced between myself and the Chase Representative. They took care of the fraudulent card application and cancelled the application. The lifelock agent sent me a report on my email as she promised. Excellent service.

Marguerite

May 17th, 2016

I am pleased that we get a monthly report on our security. We've never had a problem, but like knowing that right from the company. Also we appreciate the "heads up" when there may be people in our are posing as representatives for the company and what to do should we encounter one of them.

Barbara M

May 17th, 2016

LifeLock has called to alert me to a known sexual offender in my neighborhood and also contacted me when a company was looking into my financials to make sure it was a legitimate inquiry. I do feel my information is protected and I feel safer regarding internet transactions.

Linda F.

May 17th, 2016

All my personal information was stolen last year. I signed up for LifeLock, and they have been monitoring all of my accounts for stolen identity. They let me know right away when there was something suspicious with my savings account and worked with my bank to fix the problem. I do not have to worry with LifeLock.

Barbara J. Roemo

May 17th, 2016

People I have spoken to are rude. Representative who asked me security questions did not speak clearly. I could not understand her. Asked to speak with her supervisor and I felt her to be very rude to me. Every time I call in there is a 12 to 16 minute wait.

Michael C.

May 17th, 2016

I recently had a question about upgrading my existing LifeLock coverage and contacted LifeLock Customer Service by email. They responded in 24 hours and clearly explained the process and how the cost would be prorated since I was not due to renew my coverage for six months. Thank you, LifeLock, for your excellent Customer Service!

Linda

May 17th, 2016

It's very reassuring to know that LifeLock is so vigilant in looking for threats to our identity, & it's also reassuring to know that if our identity is breached, LifeLock is there to help us in the recovery process.

Roger Brogren

May 17th, 2016

Lifelock is totally transparent, always there, and a necessity in my opinion! Only negative comment is that it is somewhat hard to reload files after a disc crash.

James Higham

May 17th, 2016

Very efficient company; they are very service orientated, extremely helpful, and a pleasure to work with on any issue. Keep up the good work!

Nancy J

May 17th, 2016

I'm a victim of identity theft and have been working with lifelock and they have really been helpful on the steps I need to take to resolve this. If I contact my rep from lifelock they call me back in a timely matter and answer any questions I have.

Judy

May 17th, 2016

I really liked hearing from LifeLock to let me know that all was well with my account. Thanks for the good service!

samiam

May 17th, 2016

I have had a couple of problems in the past year and Life Lock was right there to help me out and settle the problem. I don't know what I would have done without them and I am sure it would have cost me a substantial amount of money. They made it so much easier to settle.

Kate

May 17th, 2016

Life lock makes me feel safe. The representative I worked with over the phone was outstanding. She answered all of my questions and even stayed on the phone with me while I entered my credit card information. I like getting updates and other news via email.

ellachazan

May 17th, 2016

Thanks to LifeLock I survived the aftermath of my social security number being stolen! They notified me, and took care of all the credit agencies, and dealt with the retail stores where the thieves made applications using my information. I don't know how I would have done this without their intervention and resolution!