We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals and families.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off (for first year) a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Restoration Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services (See disclaimer below) from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

***Disclaimer: If your plan includes credit reports, scores, and/or credit monitoring features ("Credit Features"), two requirements must be met to receive said features: (i) your identity must be successfully verified with Equifax; and (ii) Equifax must be able to locate your credit file and it must contain sufficient credit history information. IF EITHER OF THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FEATURES FROM ANY BUREAU. If your plan also includes Credit Features from Experian and/or TransUnion, the above verification process must also be successfully completed with Experian and/or TransUnion, as applicable. If verification is successfully completed with Equifax, but not with Experian and/or TransUnion, as applicable, you will not receive Credit Features from such bureau(s) until the verification process is successfully completed and until then you will only receive Credit Features from Equifax. Any credit monitoring from Experian and TransUnion will take several days to begin after your successful plan enrollment.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Restoration Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. This includes a dedicated restoration specialist and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

If a member becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock helps protect them with their Million Dollar Protection™ Package. This includes reimbursement for stolen funds and coverage for personal expenses, each with limits of up to $25,000, $100,000 or $1 million depending on the plan, and coverage for lawyers and experts if needed up to $1 million, to help resolve the case.

***Disclaimer: Reimbursement and Expense Compensation, each with limits of up to $1 million for Ultimate Plus, up to $100,000 for Advantage and up to $25,000 for Standard and Select (Norton 360 with LifeLock Select). And up to $1 million for coverage for lawyers and experts if needed, for all plans. Benefits under the Master Policy are issued and covered by United Specialty Insurance Company (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind.

NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the Select plan that costs $9.99 per month (for the first year), the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month (for the first year), and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month (for the first year).

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off for the first year (compared to the renewal price), of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These optoins include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus depending on their plan. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including stolen wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud from a stolen identity event. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers stolen or lost documents, travel expenses, lost wages, and more (See "Million Dollar™ Protection Package" for details and accompanying disclaimer). The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has three identity protection plan options — the Select plan, the Advantage plan, and the Ultimate Plus plan.

These plans can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection against identity thieves.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information from theft, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

***Reimbursement and Expense Compensation, each with limits of up to $1 million for Ultimate Plus, up to $100,000 for Advantage and up to $25,000 for Standard and Select (Norton 360 with LifeLock Select). And up to $1 million for coverage for lawyers and experts if needed, for all plans. Benefits under the Master Policy are issued and covered by United Specialty Insurance Company (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

3.9

February 1st, 2016

After having my ID stolen the Police recommended I apply to LifeLock to prevent further fraud. After submitting my application I was immediately informed of over 6 credit inquiries in the next 2 weeks. Wisthout LifeLock all these accouts would have been opened in my name and the hassles of trying to correct this on my own after the fact would have been very frustrating. Well worth the cost to prevent this in the first place. LifeLock then called me back a month later to take all the inquiries off my record with the actual companies that had applications in my name so that it would be "Red Flagged".

January 28th, 2016

We had a situation in 2014 that could have caused us some real problems if not caught when it was. Someone went to Verizon and proceeded to get several phones that I had not approved. I received a call from a representative that there had been a purchase in my names.

January 28th, 2016

Since haven had Lifelock, there has been several attempted fraudulent activities regarding my identity and of which were all thwarted and immediately reported to me by Lifelock.

January 27th, 2016

Lifelock took care of an issue in which my SSN showed-up on a purchase I didn't make. They resolved the issue swiftly & successfully. I was very pleased with their service & professionalism.

January 27th, 2016

Lifelock is a lifesaver. I have always heard about people having their personal information compromised or stolen by others who commit fraudulent activity on their finances. You hope it never happens to you. Well, it happened to me. I found out by LifeLock calling and sending me messages via email and asking me did I open a new credit card account? I told them I did not and LifeLock got in touch with the company who had approved the account to inform them that their client had not opened an account with their company. LifeLock made sure that the company investigated the fraudulent activity and at the end of it all the company sent me a letter confirming the act was not my doing and that they removed the charges and informed all the major credit bureaus of the issue. I highly recommend LifeLock to anyone looking for a company that takes care of its clients and stays with them each step of the way should a person's financial information be compromised in anyway.

January 26th, 2016

Lifelock has been so easy to use. I get notified if a transaction looks questionable, log in and verify it. With so much "hacking" going on it is really wonderful to have a service that works on my behalf. I highly reccommend it. Great price, worth every penny.

January 24th, 2016

LifeLock has not let me down. When I updated my Apple iPhone and changed my cell carrier, using my MasterCard, LifeLock sent an alert asking if I was the person who initiated these transactions. As a matter of fact, this alert was sent to me as I was walking to my car after leaving the Apple store. Once a month LifeLock sends me notification that they have checked to see if anyone has been nosing around trying to gather information about me through public records. I don't know how they track ones information but I will say that they do one great job.

January 22nd, 2016

I really thought this was not going to be very helpful, when I first bought into this program. But it has been more than I expected and very helpful in allowing to see transactions being made from my accounts. Ye it seems like the questions and replies may be a lot, but I am thankful to know about them. I would not consider another protector and appreciate all Lifelock has done and continues to do for me and my family.

January 22nd, 2016

The best thing about Likelock is that I know they are monitoring if my information is being used in Identify Theft, or what may appear to be that. When I do something, they ask if it was me. And I don't have to go to the site often, because I know they are looking out for me actively!

January 20th, 2016

I began using the new LifeLock website just last week: very impressed and it brought my participation with LifeLock light-years ahead of what it used to be, which was, basically, a one way street, where I was notified with occasional updates but there was no active participation on my part. That all changed last week and I couldn't be more satisfied. Initially, when I accessed the website, there were some fits and starts, lot of errors, but since then, it runs smoothly now. I highly recommend it for those who use LifeLock and for anyone who is thinking about signing up for this service.

Carla Wall

January 20th, 2016

LifeLock will take your money year after year and make promises to protect your bank account, when you actually need them after someone steals your identity and hard earned money they give you the runaround and tell you the only way to get your money back is to take the thief to court even if that thief is locked up in jail! These guys are worse than the criminals they try to protect us from, they are fraudulent criminals themselves, do not waste your money they do not protect it at all!

January 19th, 2016

LifeLock has thwarted a few threats since I have been using the service. I've contacted their representatives with questions, from time to time, and have found each of them to be very knowledgeable and friendly.

January 18th, 2016

I applied for a credit card at a major store. I had to input my social security number for the card. By the time I walked to my car LifeLock was calling my cell phone asking me if I was using my social security number for a credit card application. LIfeLock was fast in knowing that my social security number was being used. Luckily it was used by me. Thank you LifeLock!!

January 15th, 2016

I am very pleased with your service especially when my identity was stolen. Your staff were caring and empathetic to my situation. They went above and beyond what was expected in making me feel safe and protected. Thank you !!!

January 15th, 2016

I was at a major Department store just before Christmas when the clerk told me I could get 50% off my total purchase if I opened a store credit card. I filled out the simple application and turned it over to the clerk. Within 4 minutes I received a call from Lifelock asking me if I was tryiing to open a credit account. I told Lifelock that I was but that I just changed my mind. While I was still waiting in line the clerk called me up and told me that Lifelock had blocked my credit card application. She was quite surprised by my smile. Lifelock is awesome!

January 13th, 2016

While in Kentucky the week of Dec 10 - 16, I opened a Sears account. When I departed the store, LifeLock alerted me before I arrive at my motel.

January 12th, 2016

my credit card co. found 5 (at least) charges to my account on Jan. 4th.I am surprised they were not picked up by your service. 4 were at Kroger stores in Micigan towns on the same day.I live in Ohio. Jim

January 12th, 2016

Life lock is a joke. I keep getting emails telling me how safe I am yet in the last two months i have had my identity stolen twice and over 6000 dollars put on my credit card. I was notified by my credit card company so they are on top of it but these phony everything ok emails I get from LifeLock are very misleading as if I had listened to them I would not have caught the fraud on my account.

January 12th, 2016

Since we've not had any problems, and LifeLock lets us know about all purchases over our limit that we set, all I can say is, they're great so far!

January 12th, 2016

I had my Chase SWA credit card numbers stolen in Dec 2015 but this did not show up on lifelock report. Nor did the last 2 times my credit card numbers were stolen. Not sure what service Lifelock is providing.

January 12th, 2016

I just got an email stating Good news; Lifelock has helped protect my identity. Really? Is that why on Christmas morning I got a fraud alert from my credit card (covered on my ultimate plus plan) asking me if I had purchased some $700 at bed bath and beyond at 1:45 am? Honestly, that would be taking "waiting until the last minute to shop" to an extreme, not to mention get it delivered on time. Long story short; you got a rating of 2 because after I took care of the problem with my card company and then contacted Lifelock; in the end Lifelock stated that they would take care of anything up to a million dollars as stated in the contract. But really; I get an email stating in the last month Lifelock has protected me?

Robert Smith

January 10th, 2016

They have not detected that someone opened a credit card account out of state in my wife's name. They did detect that I put a credit freeze on my account, but they did not detact that she did likewise. So not too great in my opinion.

January 10th, 2016

our credit card was breached Jan. 2nd Someone tried to charge $999 on our card in New York. you did not notify us. This is what your service is supposed to do. How did you miss this?

January 10th, 2016

Lifelock protected me three times during the past year. They contacted me concerning three transactions they had questioned and confirmed what had taken place. I truly appreciate the protection.

January 9th, 2016

My credit card was compromised and yet Lifelock sends me an email that there is no fraudulent activity. I found the problem. I called my bank. I had my card closed and worked with my bank to get new card. Lifelock was oblivious to the entire episode of fraudulent charges that spanned six weeks. Very disappointing.

January 9th, 2016

I came home 4 years ago and found fraudulent activity associated with my 83 year old father I immediately signed him up with Lifelock. That was the best decision I have made in my entire life, they are professional, caring, efficient and so very helpful. Money well spent, my father has never been so faithfully protected and I have never once had to worry again.

January 9th, 2016

We are led to believe that LifeLock monitors your accounts as well as credit bureaus but that is not the case at all. A $100,00 charge on my account was never reported by Lifelock. One would think if they were watching one's account this would jump out. Really, it appears the only thing monitored is the credit bureau reports. You can get your reports for free and save the cost of Lifelock!

January 8th, 2016

I have picked up fraudulent activity and contacted the credit card company. It was at least $4000. You sent me an email to say that no fraudulent activity had been found. So far, I realize that I had false comfort that you were really doing your job.

January 7th, 2016

I really appreciate the service which we receive regularly and we feel very secure with the association we have with Lifelock. We have had great oversight of our accounts and have had good contacts if there is something we have any questions about. Only concern which we did nothing about was the class action lawsuit. Still not sure about this, but we are currently committed and satisfied with our service.

January 7th, 2016

Good service. They seem to be on top of everything. They notified me right away when they detected something that seemed amiss. Cleared it up in matter of minutes. So far so good.

January 6th, 2016

I terminated my membership , when doing so, I was told all my questions were wrong and I would be locked out. We argued back and forth and I told them I called to cancel my membership. And not to take anything else from my account this was in May. I was going to be charged she said. And I have sent reply email s that I did not need or want the membership and I was getting overdraft fees and costs involved in this I spoke again a few days ago terminating over the phone. You all are still send me emails that you are monitoring my accounts. I need to speak to Consumer Affairs. I guess you are monitoring and still want to charge my account. After I was told I was using different cards.

January 6th, 2016

My Social Security number was taken by someone who used it for my income tax refund. The problem has still not been resolved.

January 6th, 2016

Had a new credit card opened in my husbands name somehow they got his social security number. The bank called because they had ran up 6000 on online banking & husband rarely uses a credit card & they thought it was suspicious . They immediately closed the card & we weren't charged. I called Lifelock for help & lady said nothing we can do. We only help if you are charged for it . I ask her why am I paying you then? She said I can give you the number of credit bureau so I called them & they were helpful & put a fraud alert on our names . I called all my banks & cards to check but Lifelock didn't do anything . Then I get a message that they are working for me& no fraudulent activity on my account . I called them only 3 weeks ago & apparently she didn't even bother to note that their had been a breach. Not sure they are any help at all.

January 6th, 2016

You didn't pick up the fact that my Discover card number was fradulently being used in September.. However Discover did Thank God.My wife's Cabela's credit card number was being fraudulently being used. No notice from LifeLock..Good thing Cabela's was on top of it. In other words you guys kind of suck at your main job

January 5th, 2016

Last year, my bank card was compromised! I received an immediate alert from Lifelock. This gave me the opportunity to react and take care of the problem asap. Thank you Lifelock for protecting my personal finance's.

January 4th, 2016

My credit card number was somehow hacked or stolen in November. I was not aware and LifeLock did not catch it. Not sure we will continue with your service.

January 4th, 2016

I just received an email telling me that you "protected my identify", yet I applied for an American Express card, was approved, and have already received the card.... all without you catching that someone checked by credit and SSN; and, I never received a notification. What's up with that???

January 3rd, 2016

On December 9th I had 3 identity theft incidents, but you did not detect any of these. Someone hacked my cell phone, bought a phone, changed 5 Gbytes of data to my monthly bill and switched one of my cell phone numbers to their phone. Someone also opened a charge at Kohls, got $1,000 credit and maxed it out with the purchase of Gift Cards. Someone also tried to open a Target credit card but it was denied. You tell me that you protected my identity, but you did not detect any of this. I would think you should have caught the Kohl's credit card at least.

January 3rd, 2016

While getting used to all the redundancy can be annoying at first, it's worth it as this service is thorough and persistent. The employees are dedicated professionals.

January 3rd, 2016

I received emails from Lifelock that my identity has been protected and this is not the case. Within the past 3 months I have had individuals take out 4 credit cards in my name. The Bank/Company Fraud Team caught this.

January 2nd, 2016

I have had lifelock for over a year and in the past year they have caught several things like someone trying to use my credit cards and my email was trying to be sold. I am grateful for everything they have done to stop this incidents. I would highly recommend lifelock to anyone who has any credit cards .

January 2nd, 2016

I have this ID protection through my internet provider and it has worked just as it should. It has sent me a number of alerts about possible ID theft situations (credit card usage) that fortunately were all originated by me but in different parts of the country. It was quite easy to notify them that the charges were legitimate. I have recommended this protection coverage to my California sister-in-law after she experienced several scams, including phony FBI contact. I am keeping my internet service provider because of this "add-on" coverage. Good job, guys/gals.

January 1st, 2016

It does not tell me how to fix certain problems. My report just dropped for no reason and I don't know why. I think they should show an exact reason and why it happened so someone doesn't have it happen again.

December 29th, 2015

Shortly after we first signed up with LifeLock we were in an appliance store to make a purchase. They don't accept personal checks and we didn't have the cash with us, so we opened a store credit card. We were in the store for approximately 1-2 hours and when we got home there was a message on our answering machine from LifeLock asking if we had opened an account. I call that amazingly fast & comforting service.

December 29th, 2015

We get updates monthly. About six month's ago we opened up a new credit card account, lifelock notified us about an hour after applying for this credit card account, telling us there is new activity going on in our name, and call them right away. We did and found out that the new activity was us applying for a new account. Had someone else tried to apply for a new account in our name, we would have stopped it before any further damage would have been done. Thanks Lifelock, you are doing an excellent job.

December 28th, 2015

I love getting the alerts from my checking account so I know when money is going out and I can make sure its me or my husband doing it. Its almost immediate, so I don't have to keep looking at my banking...

December 28th, 2015

I have to highly recommend LifeLock! I have applied for a couple of credit cards throughout the year and immediately I receive an email asking me if it was "me" that applied. If I do not reply within a few minutes, I receive a text. They are very persistent to make sure no one has applied for a credit card in my name. I am very impressed.

December 28th, 2015

I feel better knowing I have Lifelock. In July of this year I purchased a truck and needed new tires. Immediately after my credit was entered in, I received a text from Lifelock to ask if this was me. I was still standing at the counter with my ID's!. Now that's service :)

December 27th, 2015

I may upgrade my service level if I could add more or unlimited number of credit card accounts? When I mentioned this to a customer service representative, I was told to "rotate" or "recycle" my credit card account numbers around by adding and deleting them? This seemed to me to be fraud?

December 26th, 2015

Have had great response from life lock on potential problems, all questions answered promptly, all notifications in very timely manner