We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

LifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses.

According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

LifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company also provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, LifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million-dollar protection package.

This million-dollar protection package covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and childcare, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

LifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month.

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not appear to provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves.

Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software.

Some other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expenses and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock has three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal. LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Phone alerts are made during normal local business hours.

View Best Identity Theft Protection Companies

4.0

Paula Starnes
May 19th, 2016

Great Service. I have Life Lock for my husband and myself and it really takes the worry away when you see all of the identity theft every day. Thanks Life Lock. Everyone should have you before it's too late. I worried everyday about it for sometime, and then I just did it. Now, I am worry free. Thanks again for my protection and you are worth every cent you're paid. I haven't had any incidents other than Life Lock checking a few charges that I made myself. They just wanted to make sure the usage of my card was being made by me. Sincerely a very happy customer, Paula Starnes

Angela M.
May 19th, 2016

Rachel Walker was an excellent mediator through two different companies that had accounts opened for someone using my social security number. She answered all of my questions, provided information needed, and gave me the time needed to complete our mediation. I will continue to highly recommend LifeLock to all of my friends, family and social media acquaintances.

Keith Dillard
May 19th, 2016

Recently contacted by LifeLock notifying me that there was somebody using my information on applications for merchandise, LifeLock totally took control and did and are still making things right protecting my identity. It's an awsome feeling to know that somebody is working 24x7 protecting what you have worked so hard for. Incredibly professional and spot on!

Cathy L Curry
May 19th, 2016

Lifelock quickly and professional resolved the problem with an account that was opened with ATT UVerse with my SS# which was not an account I opened. The representatives were very friendly and efficient in their work!

Kegould
May 19th, 2016

I was contacted by Lifelock in regards to someone trying to sign up for a landline through Verizon with my SS# and DOB. I would have had no idea that was happening until it was too late if it wasn't for LifeLock. Lifelock called Verizon with me on the other end to dispute the fraudulent request. It all took about 10 minutes. I am very pleased and am happy to have Lifelock on my side.

Mchagala
May 19th, 2016

I've had LifeLock for about 2 years. I got it after being caught up in the Target data theft. At least 3 times LifeLock has notified me of people trying to open accounts in my name. No idea how I would have known if LifeLock didn't alert me, at least not until damage would have been done. Just today I got another alert about a service being opened using my social. LifeLock called the vendor, discovered it was indeed fraudulent, and the vendor removed the service and had the credit inquiry removed from my credit report! This service has paid for itself many times over, especially since we're looking to buy a house soon and need our credit in good standing.

Herbert Rigsbee
May 19th, 2016

I have upgraded my Lifelock coverage, and have added all of our conventional bank accounts for coverage. However, when I tried to add my wife's account with University Federal Credit Union, Lifelock did not recognize it, so I submitted a request - AND HAVE HEARD NOTHING SINCE.

Brent A
May 19th, 2016

Some individuals stole mail from my mail box and then starting using my identity and the numbers they stole. They destroyed my credit, soiled my financial integrity and my name was used by someone in Georgia and I live in Utah. Needless to say, I needed help. I was watching a College Football game and an ad for Lifelock was shown. I immediately investigated through the Web; what Lifelock was, how others perceived it, and even the negative comments. I found few negative comments, a solid company and one that I hoped I could trust. I started slow in adding simple accounts and after a time, I added all of them. Lifelock saved my financial and identity problems. I do not have anymore problems. My credit is now coming up and I could not be more confident with their abilities. Thank you Lifelock

Ramon
May 19th, 2016

I was vacationing in the Dominican Republic when I received a text message on my cellular phone from LifeLock alerting me that someone had applied for a credit card in my name in the United States. I called LifeLock's emergency number, they assured me and took care of it. I relaxed and enjoyed my vacation. It was so great and comforting to have LifeLock on my side.

Ms. Denton
May 19th, 2016

Lifelock always notifies me of credit inquiries immediately. Understanding my busy schedule, they continue to follow up with me via e-mail and text, and give more than enough time for me to respond to their questions as they protect my personal information and identity. They do a lot of background work while waiting as well! I feel safe!

Mike Y
May 19th, 2016

So far things look very thorough. Being a Veteran I'm always concerned about my personal information being abused. As long as your company proves to be efficient and trustworthy I will continue working with you and recommending your service to friends and family. Setting up the account was fairly easy, just had some issues with receiving my initial login and temporary password. Deeply appreciated the prompt and professional response from your customer service agent to resolve this issue. Look forward to a very professional relationship with your company. Thanks and God bless, Mike Y.

Kajnnana
May 19th, 2016

I received an email from LifeLock saying that they had detected possible fraud on my social security #. I called them immediately, and indeed, someone had gotten my SS#, applied for an International Hotel card through Chase Bank with an $18,000 credit limit. The application was submitted and approved yesterday, and thanks to LifeLock, before 24 hours passed, the account was closed and alerts were sent out. Thank you LifeLock!, otherwise, goodness knows how much time would have passed without me even knowing that someone was using my info.

DocExaminer
May 19th, 2016

My SSN was used to open an account with Verizon Wireless. LifeLock worked with me to get resolution. But when I applied for a home loan 6 months later, Verizon had not followed through and my credit report had delinquent account information on it. LifeLock jumped back in and quickly got this information resolved with Verizon and with TransUnion. They have ordered my other 2 credit reports and will assist in clearing them also.

Kristi
May 19th, 2016

I was a victim about a year ago. After dealing with the issue I called LifeLock and started their protection. Until about a week ago nothing happened but in the past week I have had 5 attempts to open credit cards in my name. Lifelock alerted me and within a day had me on the phone with the creditors to ensure these fraudulent applications were stopped and my credit protected. I am beyond thankful for Lifelock!

Bruce Willis
May 19th, 2016

I found the assistance that I received to be very professional and helpful--once I was able to get to it. But I made four or five calls to LifeLock, and only one involved a wait time of less than ten minutes. Two had me on hold for more than 15 minutes. That strikes me as unacceptable, especially when I was dealing with a situation that might be a personal emergency.

Dan Sudlik
May 19th, 2016

When I heard from the IRS that I had filed my taxes on January 1 and was due a nice refund and that they were just letting me know that the refund would be along soon a sense of panic settled over me. After all when my identity was stolen two years ago all I had to deal with was a few charges that were taken care of and a continual denial that it was me trying to open those charges, But a tax return? Well Jennifer at LifeLock calmed me down and took me through the procedures and I came out the other end of the process intact and feeling very good. Love my LifeLock. Dan

Ann Gardner
May 19th, 2016

Lifelock was on vigilant watch and notified me promptly that some thug was trying to open a Verizon account using my personal information. They followed through with me and Verizon to stop the account from being activated and costing me what could have been a lot of money. I'm so glad I have Lifelock and that they've proven to be a great watchdog!

Philip
May 19th, 2016

My LifeLock representative took care of the issue immediately. She was clear and direct with the company that was in question. She made sure that I had all of the information from them as far as phone numbers for the Police Department and Fax numbers, etc. It was nice having a LifeLock Representative there on the phone with me (conference) because I've dealt with these situations before and having her on the line with me definitely swung the conversation in our favor. They knew we meant business and it was nice knowing that any attempts to strong-arm me would be stopped immediately.

Peter G.
May 19th, 2016

On Monday afternoon I received two warnings from LifeLock about someone trying to open new cell phone accounts. After a few emails and phone calls both of these matter were taken care of. The folks at LifeLock were personable, professional and took care of business. By Wednesday, one alert was resolved, the second by Thursday afternoon. Great work folks.

Debbi
May 19th, 2016

If i did not have life lock I would have lost thousands of dollars...I had this man call me from a company called iyogi (,which was for my computer) He said they owed me money and he had to go into my computer to give me the money back; I did not feel right about this ,but I let it happen..After I got done called Life Lock and told them what happen and they took care of it...I had another time and Life lock took care of it again:Some one tried to open an account and Life Lock stopped them...So, yes I would recomend Life Lock to every one... Thank You so very much Life Lock

Jake G.
May 19th, 2016

I was very impressed with your response to a fraudulent account that was opened in my name following a burglary. Thanks to you, the account was closed before anyone was able to run up a balance. Lifelock has made this terrible experience much easier to manage. Thanks!

Rannipps
May 19th, 2016

An internet loan was taken out with my identity. I contacted life lock explained the situation and followed their instructions. After that I just waited. Life lock did all the work. Received notification that the fraudulent loan was resolved and my credit was never damaged. They are amazing. I recommend it to everyone!

Margery
May 19th, 2016

My experience with identity theft was extremely violating, frightening, and frustrating. I never could have imagined the mess that an ID theft criminal can make of ones finances. The amount of time spent keeping records and trying to work through the paper work and rectifying the problems that resulted took immense amounts of time and I wouldn't have known where to start without the help of Life lock services and especially my resolution specialist Kelly Clarke! I would recommend the service to anyone and in fact I have recommended it to many of my friends and family.

Beau Morris
May 19th, 2016

I was called for a hearing at the courthouse for an infraction that wasnt me. I called lifelock just to notify them of what was happening and they went above and beyond to help. They hired a local attorney to go to court for me, notified all the e credit bureaus of a possible breach in my identification, and offered to reimburse any expense I occurred while dealing with a fraudulent court hearing.. it was all resolved in the end, but the help made the journey through it all much more bearable..

Mike Zatopek
May 19th, 2016

Lifelock has been a godsend in helping me through some identity theft issues. While your Resolution Department is very difficult to get in touch with, there is little doubt as to the benefit of being a Lifelock member. Thank you for continuing to protect me and my assets!

Deborah Johnson
May 19th, 2016

Services have been great so far except one area. I am supposed to be alerted every time more than 200 has been charged. We charged several things, one 750,00, one 299.00 and several others. We were not alerted about them. If you say you are going to do something... do it... or don't say it. We are paying for specific important services. The only reason I am so concerned is we were identity fraud victims in the past. I just want to stay on top of it. You helped get to the bottom of it and I was so reassured that we had you on our team! I was in the hospital when we found out and lifelock took care of it. I didn't have to lay up there and worry. Thank you.

S D strasser
May 19th, 2016

Because of having Lifelock I found out I had a Missouri Address that I never even heard of as I have never lived in Missouri, Thanks to Lifelock I was able to notify the Credit Reporting Agencies and let them know about the discrepancy.

Andrea K
May 19th, 2016

We bought lifelock so that we could monitor speicifally our bank accounts that had recently been hacked into. We have not been able to acess this particular bank account in our lifeliock since we started life lock 1 month ago. I have called and spoken to three different people over the montn who have all said that 2 work tickets were open on this, yet the work tickes t show no work being done to fix this issue. So we just paid $100s for a service that we cannot even use!!!!!!!! It is ridiculous that lifelock cannot put our own bank onto our life lock acoount. Do not pay for this service until you can verify in advance that this service can even work for your situation. Nothing but a lot of frusteration and unhelpful lifelike people..

Faye G Long
May 19th, 2016

We are victims of identity theft. Someone used our information to file tax returns. There were at least two returns filed with our name, address and SSN. When this was reported to us, I called LifeLock. They worked with the IRS to resolve all the issues related to this ID theft. They were very supportive and reassuring to us. We will be adding more coverage with them at renewal. This is a company that you can trust and rely on in your darkest hours.

Jeff
May 19th, 2016

My ID has been stolen. I subscribed to life lock and other services. I was getting so many alearts I decided to compare how they were handled. Life lock was by far the best. With the others what happened was they told me the information, and that was it.No help at all, not even told phone numbers or anything, it was up to me to figure things out and to struggle to solve things. With life lock, it was totally different, they called me, verified things, stayed on the phone with me, contacted the company, and verified that things were taken care of. With 1 phone call less than 5 min, fraudulent credit checks, cards, etc. we're canceled. I had been a member for years never thought it would happen to me, but I am so glad to have life lock.

Meskomanor
May 19th, 2016

I'm not really sure why I huse LifeLock except that it feels like insurance. I had two credit cards stolen and wouldn't have found out about it unless American Express called me and said there was some suspicious activity on my cars and that they had not authorized the purchases. Citi Visa did not and over $8600 in charges were made on that card. Some suspicious activity was detected on my Chase MasterCard that Chase caught and declined. In neither case did LifeLock catch the activity. I'm not even sure LifeLock was aware of the fraud. Maybe I'm just not sure what LifeLock covers, but after this latest identity theft, I think I better look into it.

Chris
May 19th, 2016

All the representatives I have dealt with have been very helpful. They have called all the necessary agencies with me on the phone to report, close, and notify credit agencies of all fraudulent accounts that were opened using my information. Having the security of knowing I will not be held responsible for any charges made on accounts I did not open is a big relief. It is also great knowing they will walk me through the process of restoring my credit if it was affected in any way by the fraudulent activity, Having to deal with identity theft without LifeLock would have been much more stressful and time consuming.

Sasha Cortijo
May 19th, 2016

I have been using LifeLock for some time now, but I love the service and it seems to be proving itself and also to be worth every penny. I get all of the alerts and phone calls when there is suspicious activity or someone has submitted applications with my personal information. It's very helpful and I have also decided to purchase the service to protect my son's identity as well! He is only 3, but I rather not take any chances. When you have been a victim of identity theft yourself it can be a nightmare and I love that I have support from LifeLock!

David Jackson
May 19th, 2016

Overall, I am very pleased with the quick alert system and the immediate contact by Life-Lock. However, since the initial conference call, I have not received any follow-up from Life-Lock or JP Morgan Chase. More frequent status updates would be very much appreciated.

GoldCountry
May 19th, 2016

Seeing some suspicious emails, I signed up for LifeLock. The very next day my email was hacked. LifeLock went to work for me no more than 24 hours after purchasing. It saw my email on an internet black list and immediately alerted me. I am so impressed. Worth every cent.

Kauai David
May 19th, 2016 Alpine, UT

Getting connected with Life Lock is one of the best things I've ever done. I have been having problems with someone attempting to use my name to establish fraudulent accounts and they have caught it and been very professional in the way they have handled things.

Michael Cook
May 19th, 2016

Signed up for LifeLock after getting fraud reports from credit card companies. They immediately went to work searching for credit applications and sending me alerts. then after verification from me that I did not authorize the credit checks, they went to work to contact the companies and get a resolution. they handled all this much faster than I could and saved me an enormous amount of time and worry. Don't wait like I did, sign up now before this starts happening to you.

Stefanie
May 19th, 2016

my identity was stolen in the beginning of the year and used for tax fraud. I immediately signed up with LifeLock after it being recommended by a friend. My identity has been used multiple times since the original theft and I am always notified within minutes and am able to stop any further damage. I get an email, text and call as soon as my identity is used. Definitely gives me a ton of security. Also very helpful that they take the time on the phones to get it cleared up!!

Valerie R
May 19th, 2016

I got a lifelock alert that two credit card checks had been applied for in my name so I clicked the button saying no it was not me! I was feeling very scared at that point... but I got a call very promptly after I let them know and they worked to get me in touch with the bank that had given the credit cards and they got the accounts closed and the inquiries taken off my credit score. I thought this was going to be a lengthy process but all of this happened within ONE day. They worked so fast and led me through telling me exactly what was going to happen along the way so I didn't get worked up and scared. Luckily whoever opened the card didn't have any charges yet because of Lifelocks quick alerts. Thanks so much!

Timothy Flo
May 19th, 2016

A week ago I received a Lifelock Alert concerning Verizon account(s) I had not applied for. I responded and was prompted that I would receive another contact from the Lifelock Resolution Center. I received that today. Once again I contacted Lifelock and we together talked to a Verizon representative on the phone. As a result of that conversation, I am to submit a police report with my local police department and send Verizon a copy of the report. I am to receive another contact from the Resolution Center in 3-5 days. The ID thieves apparently have my name, address and Social Security number. Scary. This kind of thing is why I have Lifelock. It remains to be seen how this turns out, but so far, my dealing with Lifelock has been pretty good. I'm counting on Lifelock to protect my personal accounts, credit, etc.

W W Jordan
May 19th, 2016

It was initially thought that a capital one credit card acct was being opened with my soc sec number. That was disturbing to me, but I had complete confidence that Lifelock would take care of my credit, and fix this credit breach. A very kind, and helpful employee, spent quite a bit of time tracking down the problem, and made sure that my credit was not harmed. It turned out that a Canadian citizen was applying to open a credit card account thru Capital one, in Canada, and has the same Canadian soc sec number as myself, here in the U.S. I feel very relieved, and thankful, that I have Lifelock watching over my financial interests and credit. Thank you Lifelock!

Paul
May 19th, 2016

Since I have had Life lock I have been more relaxed knowing they are there watching . It is a load off my mind especially since things are more electronic these days it would be almost impossible for me to watch everything my self.

Tina W
May 19th, 2016

LifeLock is the best investment I ever made...at the first sign that my identitity had been stolen I purchased Lifelock to guard against future breaches. When another attempt was made a few days after I purchased LifeLock, this time to get cable services in my name, I was promptly notified and services were halted even before they began. A LifeLock representative even called me and together we had a conference call with the cable company to learn further details of the incident; my questions were answered by both the cable company and my LifeLock representative.

Ronald MacLennan
May 19th, 2016

Good customer service. So far so good as far as protection of identity, credit cards, and bank accounts. Hope it stays that way.

Randi Pierro
May 19th, 2016

I was very satisfied with the outcome of my "alert" problem. The lady who helped me was courteous and professional. She settled everything to my satisfaction. They said there was a problem with someone using a Citi Bank card of mine. However, I've never had a Citi Bank card. We had a 3-way phone conversation with the Lifelock person and Citi Bank person who determined that it was an error on Citi Bank's customer service's part. The outcome was that No, I never had an account with Citi Bank and no one had tried to open an account in my name.

Jane
May 19th, 2016

The past several weeks have been frustrating with fraudulent activities under my name. However, LifeLock or I should say the staff at LifeLock have been very patient and understanding during these ordeals. I am very impressed at the knowledge and professionalism all the staff have displayed. Thank you lifelock!

Bill Munro
May 18th, 2016

Linda was patient, helpful and knowledgable. I have only been with LifeLock less than a month and already realize it's potential strength.

Mary Cathy Jones
May 18th, 2016

In this world of continuous cyber scams and security breaches, having LifeLock for mine and my family's accounts is very reassuring. I appreciate notices sent to my cell phone regarding any actions involving my bank accounts and credit cards that are over a certain limit. Knowing that the LifeLock service has a lock on my personal information takes a lot of pressure off of me.

John H
May 18th, 2016

My wife and I started with Lifelock in Feb 2015 after the reports of data breaches of multiple large companies/providers that had our personal information. I appreciate the monitoring and the levels I can set for notifications on bank withdrawals or transfers. The online interface is very friendly and easy to navigate. May of 2016, we received a phone call from LifeLock indicating a possible "fraudulant activity" through 2 service providers. Sure enough our personal information had been stolen and the thief was trying to open accounts through banks and cellular providers. Lifelock disputed these and resolved these in the course of 4 calendar days. Although it has been difficult to access a person for assistance on occasion, once we got a single point of contact to work with, our ease of access increased. They have been very prompt, responsive, and supportive, answering any questions and providing avenues and guidance to us on steps to take. I definitely am greatful for the protection investment I made prior to this happening. I would not have known otherwise until it was too late. In total, I have received over 15 letters from failed open accounts and successful disputes that Lifelock has assisted me in. I am sure they will keep rolling in. This is a service that I paid for that I can actually say has delivered on the promises that they make in their sales pitch. It has given me piece of mind.

Arthur
May 18th, 2016

We were using Lifelock Ultimate for 6 months and didn't really get any notifications or any unusual activity updates. So we didn't know if it was "working" or if there really wasn't any activity. We decided to change banks from our credit union to one of the major national banks. During the application process they entered our personal information, less than a minute later my wife and I both got a text alert that a bank account was being opened under our name. It gave us the option to acknowledge it was our doing or to provide a stop order against the transaction (to the best of LifeLock's ability). Needless to say, we are lifers.