We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals and families.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off (for first year) a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Restoration Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services (See disclaimer below) from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

***Disclaimer: If your plan includes credit reports, scores, and/or credit monitoring features ("Credit Features"), two requirements must be met to receive said features: (i) your identity must be successfully verified with Equifax; and (ii) Equifax must be able to locate your credit file and it must contain sufficient credit history information. IF EITHER OF THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FEATURES FROM ANY BUREAU. If your plan also includes Credit Features from Experian and/or TransUnion, the above verification process must also be successfully completed with Experian and/or TransUnion, as applicable. If verification is successfully completed with Equifax, but not with Experian and/or TransUnion, as applicable, you will not receive Credit Features from such bureau(s) until the verification process is successfully completed and until then you will only receive Credit Features from Equifax. Any credit monitoring from Experian and TransUnion will take several days to begin after your successful plan enrollment.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Restoration Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. This includes a dedicated restoration specialist and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

If a member becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock helps protect them with their Million Dollar Protection™ Package. This includes reimbursement for stolen funds and coverage for personal expenses, each with limits of up to $25,000, $100,000 or $1 million depending on the plan, and coverage for lawyers and experts if needed up to $1 million, to help resolve the case.

***Disclaimer: Reimbursement and Expense Compensation, each with limits of up to $1 million for Ultimate Plus, up to $100,000 for Advantage and up to $25,000 for Standard and Select (Norton 360 with LifeLock Select). And up to $1 million for coverage for lawyers and experts if needed, for all plans. Benefits under the Master Policy are issued and covered by United Specialty Insurance Company (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind.

NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the Select plan that costs $9.99 per month (for the first year), the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month (for the first year), and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month (for the first year).

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off for the first year (compared to the renewal price), of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These optoins include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus depending on their plan. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including stolen wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud from a stolen identity event. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers stolen or lost documents, travel expenses, lost wages, and more (See "Million Dollar™ Protection Package" for details and accompanying disclaimer). The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has three identity protection plan options — the Select plan, the Advantage plan, and the Ultimate Plus plan.

These plans can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection against identity thieves.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information from theft, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

***Reimbursement and Expense Compensation, each with limits of up to $1 million for Ultimate Plus, up to $100,000 for Advantage and up to $25,000 for Standard and Select (Norton 360 with LifeLock Select). And up to $1 million for coverage for lawyers and experts if needed, for all plans. Benefits under the Master Policy are issued and covered by United Specialty Insurance Company (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

3.9

October 3rd, 2014

I called Lifelock when I received a bill from bank that I did not have an account with. They took care of it and then notified me of several attempts to open accounts with my information. They have taken care of everything superbly.

October 3rd, 2014

Lifelock is like a really smart guard dog. They're always watching for everything that could effect you, and they contact you the moment they detect anything. Having them on your side is like taking a warm bath, you can remain calm, all is well. On the downside, it is a little pricey. $20 a month may be a little much for some people. To me, it's worth it.

October 3rd, 2014

I just signed up a few days ago because I expected some identity fraud. Since that time life lock has been able to stop multiple accounts from being opened and has helped me investigate accounts that were recently opened and charged without my knowledge. Lifelock has been actively assisting and going the extra mile to report and flag my accounts to the various parties so that anytime my name and personl data comes up, it will be flagged. I already feel safer and protected. It's also nice that I don't have to make the calls to the various parties. Life lock handles everything so you can go on with life while they handle it for you. I'm a very satisfied customer. Thank you!

October 3rd, 2014

Rachel was wonderful! She was so helpful. She connected me with both the company involved and the resolutions department of Lifelock. She helped me through the whole process. I would definitely recommend Lifelock!

October 3rd, 2014

I have been very happy with the service and the notifications. Lifelock has been very responsive any time I have had a problem or a question. Very knowlegeable and courteous.

October 3rd, 2014

I applied for a retail store credit card. The next day LifeLock telephoned and emailed me regarding it. They wanted to know if I had applied for this card. Lifelock did not just sign me up, take my money and put me on the back burner. They are watching my back. Thank you !

October 3rd, 2014

I like the fact that you constantly moniture my accounts & keep me informed as to what is it isn't happening. It feels good to know someone is keeping an eye out for things I might not even think about, tho I do try to be careful.

October 2nd, 2014

We have been well pleased with the service. It has caught a couple of issues that were enter errors in someone applying for a line of credit that was not us. Getting the 'credit application' notices has saved us some potential headaches. The customer service with these issues have always been very professional and quick responses. In my opinion the annual rates we pay are worth the protection we provided! We have recently added our childern to the LifeLock Junior plan to protect their future credit.

October 2nd, 2014

Wonderful! Lifelock emailed about a possible fradulant credit inquiry on my credit accounts. I replied to all the emails, and I telephoned Lifelock that I would shortly be out of state on vacation where I could not be contacted or reply by telehpone or email. A Lifelock agent called the next day, answered some questions I had, then contacted the inquiring financial company and stayed on the line with us that all questions could be answered. The financial company saw that there was no longer any false credit application in the system and requested to Equifax that the credit inquiry be expunged from my FICA score. Lifelock is fanastic!

October 2nd, 2014

I am presently working with lifelock on identity fraud issue and the thief has already used the credit card he/she applied for with Chase Bank. Lifelock has been with me and advising me of necessary steps which must and are being taken. I really don't know how I would survive this ordeal without this outstanding service. Thank you Lifelock!!!

October 2nd, 2014

Great, Lifelock monitors every inquiry that is associated with your personal information and help you every step of the way to make sure the fraudulent inquiries are resolved. Its a must have! Great customer service!

October 2nd, 2014

I received a Lifelock alert telling me that my name had been added to a bank account. The Lifelock representative helped my resolve the issue quickly. I could not be happier with the outcome.

October 2nd, 2014

Someone has tried to open brand new accounts in my name using my social security number, The first time was earlier this year. A few weeks ago, someone tried again in two different location and your team caught them again. Within hours, LifeLock resolved the issue before damage was done. Your team has saved me three times this year alone. Thanks for having my back.

October 1st, 2014

LifeLock representative Sean attempted to contact me about possible fraud while I was in hospital for surgery. I was unable to return his call due to hospitalization. Fortunately, I have recovered and now able to respond to the LifeLock alert. I spoke with Joseph at LifeLock this afternoon and told him about the alert and that I had called Capital One earlier to confirm fraudulent activity. The individual who applied for a credit card using my name had my social security number, address, and phone number. Capital One canceled the card and is investigating.I want to thank LifeLock for detecting the attempted use of my information for fraudulent use. Thank You!

October 1st, 2014

A few years ago, while vacationing in Ca, my boyfriend was contacted by his credit card about suspicious charges in three states. Thankfully they were resolved, but we immediately signed up for LifeLock, while still on vacation. A couple days ago, LifeLock notified me of a new application for a Verizon account, which was fraudulent. I just hung up from a mediation call with a LifeLock representative and Verizon. The problem is resolved and I can sleep soundly, knowing I am well protected from the identity thieves. I am now writing to my family and friends urging them all to sign up today! Many thanks to LifeLock.

September 30th, 2014

had multiple attempts to set up new credit cards using my stolen identity. Very good service and support connecting me directly with each company and bank to get the cards denied or canceled and removed from my credit history

August 30th, 2014

Recently I had a friend help organize my house and she just threw all my personal information, bank ,credit cards, loan info. etc.. in the trash without shredding it .I was so scared about my information getting in the wrong hands and could not sleep. I called life lock which I already was a member and explained the situation. The woman that helped me was so nice and she put me in another plan that will help my situation, my stress level was a lot better after that phone call. Awhile later I opened up a new account and was called to confirm that I did open a new account less than 19hours after I opened the account that is really great. I feel less stress knowing that Lifelock has my bad. Thank you!!!!

Stefanie

July 18th, 2014

I would go without cable or phone before I go without LifeLock!! My husband and I travel quite a bit, out of country. He's always using his corporate cards. His Identity was stolen a few years ago in an airport (cards scanned in his wallet - YES this can happen!). Within 24 hours, over $20k was charged. I saw a commercial for LifeLock (after spending days on the phone with every account customer service I had). I signed up immediately. Over the last few years, LifeLock has been a LIFE SAVER! They call us if there is a larger than normal purchase to confirm. When I travel, they put notes on my account of when/where I will be. Both my husband and I work in technology (storage, the Cloud) and we know LifeLock has us covered! 4+ yrs....

Bob

July 15th, 2014

They have done exactly what they say they will.

Amber

July 10th, 2014

LifeLock's customer service has always been responsive and I like the alerts I get on a regular basis. I like LifeLock and would definitely recommended them to others.

don

July 5th, 2014

My experience with LifeLock was mixed initially and then became worse this year. Most of what I was paying for seemed to be the credit monitoring service. However, when someone opened a cell phone account in my name and worked under my social security number, I didn't get an alert because it wasn't reported to a credit bureau. Then we called to get help from LifeLock and they said sorry that's not covered under our plan and we had to fix it ourselves. Totally different than the commercials make it seem. I now see several lawsuits so maybe I'm not the only one.

Sarah Tackett

June 25th, 2014

We have had LifeLock many years now. In all the years I have only received one piece of mail from them. Wonder if they even know I pay a monthly fee to be a member? :(

Roger Allen

May 28th, 2014

I have been a LifeLock customer for several years and thankfully I have thus far been safe. However, what disturbs me is their billing system. Without going into an elaborate description of what happened to me I will quote a comment made to me by one of their customer service representatives, "We do a good job at protecting your identity but our billing department leaves a lot to be desired." I came to this site looking for an alternative to LifeLock because for the past few months they have been very confused and have completely screwed up my billing. Additionally, I recently received incorrect information from one of their supervisors while on the phone attempting to correct the mess they created. Frustrated, I made the comment that my confidence in them has been shaken and asked them who is going to protect me from LifeLock.

Salem Z.

May 27th, 2014

I was a Lemon wallet user and they took over updated the app to lifelock and my credit card info was still there. But on the latest update I cannot access their service anymore where my username and password doesn't work. I need to delete my credit cards details and I'm stuck now. What if someone manages to get access to this account how should I know?! Won't this defeats the purpose?!

michael ciabocchi

May 15th, 2014

i signed up for lifelock ultimate 1 day ago. was sent a tem id and password, got logged in. after successfully changing my ID to my email, i could not chaNge the temp password because the system was down. today i started the process again, all was smooth until i was asked 3 questions and whether they related to me( street name etc) and how much was my mo bill for the last car leased or bought. (seperated from my wife,i tried calling her because u have a whopping 5 minutes to answer questions...it's natural that some spouse pay bills and the other does not know or remember the amount.. i tried reaching my wife, unable, so i guessed. i was wrong. i was given 1 chance to answer another qustion which was what state was my ssn related To. had the right answer, got a notice sorry, we can't verify your id ,call this number. i cAll the number explain the issue, i'm then asked to answer a series of questions related to my credit report such as who is my mortgage with (my loan has been bot and sold at least 5x since i took it out) i don't pay most bills so i stated i would probably not be able to answer Some things because my wife pays a good majority and i don't have a clue how much my utility bill may be. so iasked if i could conference in my wife to help me answer questions and was told no, you have to call back wioth her on the phone. what? i can't conference her in, don't live with her so how do i call back with her on the phone, meet her and share a cell phone and answer questions. ? what's the difference between caling back with her already conferenced in and being physically with her? so i was told if i tried and answered incorrecty i would have to furnish a copy of my credit report(really?) or verify my id with a utility bill(it's in my wife's name so i have no utility bill in my name) and some other things. i asked if i could cancel, but before that's done can i try the process again. i was told no. unfortunately some couples seperate or get divorced and lets say the husband continues to provide financial support, which is not an issue) but doesn't know who the mortgage is paid to or other questions related to bills THAT I PROVIDE $ FOR BUT DON'T PHYSICALLY PAY , HENCE I MIGHT NOT KNOW THE AMOUNT OF THE UTILITY BILL, OR WHO HOLDS MY MORTGAGE, OR THE PAYMENT ON MY LAST CAR LOAN OR LEASE PAYMENT BECAUSE MY WIFE PAYS THEM, I PROVIDE THE $$> HOW CAN U POSSIBLY ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS, AND IF U CANNOT, JUST WASTE MORE TIME, SIGN UP TO A CREDIT BUREAU AND GET A CREDIT REPORT AND SENT IT OVER AND YOU'LL HEAR FROM US..WHEN? A WEEK, A MONTH A YEAR. WELL SIR AFTER YOU ANSWERED 1 QUSTION WRONG NEAR THE END YOU COULD HAVE HIT THE BACK BUTTON AND RETRIED, REALLY? WHERE DID IT SAY THAT. IT DOESN'T..IT TAKES YOU TO THE 4TH QUESTION ABOUT WHERE YOU SSN#(STATE) ORIGINATED FROM)...THAT'S WHERE I GOT BOUNCED. ROUGHLY BETWEEN LAST EVENING AND THIS AM I SPENT 2-3 HOURS TRYING TO SORT THIS OUT. $25 BUCKS A MONTH. I WOULD NOT PAY A DOLLAR FOR THE SERVICE , WHICH I COULDN'T DO ANYWAY BECAUSE I CAN'T ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT SEPERATED COUPLES OR DIVORCED COUPLES MIGHT NOT KNOW...GOOD LUCK LIFE LOCK...IF YOU ARE IN MY SHOES, UNFORTUNATELY SEPERATED, DON'T WASTE 3 HOURS AND LOTS OF HEADACHES. ONE DEPT HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE OTHER ONE MAY ASK YOU. IT'S NOT SEAMLESS, IT'S SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA, BUT NOT MY CUP OF TEA... LIFELOCK, LISTEN CLOSELY, FROM THE MARRIAGE FOUNDATION, BASED ON CURRENT RATES OF DIVORCE, 39% OF COUPLES WILL DIVORCE. COUPLES THAT SURVIVE THE FIRST DECADE FACE IDENTICAL RATES OF DIVORCE REGARDLESS OF WHEN MARRIED. 1 IN 5 OCCUR AFTER 20 YEARS AND ON AND ON..YOU ARE MISSING A DEMOGRAPHIC THAT REALLY BOGGLES MY MIND THAT NO ONE IN SENIOR MANAGEMENT HAS FIGURED OUT. IF I CAN'T ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT FINANCES, HOW CAN I EVER BE APPROVED FOR YOUR SERVICE. I ANSWER 2 OUT OF 3 CORRECTLY , WAS GIVEN, I THOUGHT A CHANCE AT REDEMTION BY CORRECTLY ANSWERING THE 4TH TO NO AVAIL AND CANCELLED MY "MEMBERSHIP" OH YEAH "ON A PRO RATA BASIS" SINCE SIGNING UP..THAT WAS ABOUT 20 HOURS AGO. CAVEAT EMPTOR

April 26th, 2014

I've been looking into this type of ID prtection....after reading the reviews, especially about customer service, it sounds like LifeLock is the way to go.

dom cappuccilli

April 18th, 2014

I have life-lock it's awesome...wouldn't change it ever.

helen blowers

April 4th, 2014

I was leary of signing up with life lock, but after a freind had his identity stolen, i decided $99 a year was well worth it ! I have only joined , but found the customer service to be outstanding, they were patient and helpful about by paranoia, and not very computer literate ways! so far so good!!!

Mary Davis

April 2nd, 2014

Great company; has alerted me appropriately. Highly recommend./

March 10th, 2014

I'm a retired portfolio manager, and I recommend all my family, friends, and past clients use these guys. Love mine. I've got too many assets to protect to go with a company that hasn't been around as long as LifLock.

January 22nd, 2014

I recently had a person try to use my credentials at Verizon. Fortunately for me LifeLock was there for me and saved me a whole lot of grief by intercepting this attempt and stopping it. LifeLock set up a conference call with a LifeLock rep., Verizion and myself. By Lifelock's actions my credit rating was not affected. The people at LifeLock were very courteous, friendly and helpful.

Linda

December 17th, 2013

@ Jeff if there is something on your credit report you can file a letter of dispute with any of the 3 credit agencies. Go to their website and look up file a dispute. Good Luck.

Cynthia

December 4th, 2013

I subscribed to LifeLock after I learned that somebody used my credit card and bought things in the internet maybe 6+ yrs ago. Really like the alerts I get from them periodically via email informing me whether my info has been compromised or not. or the phone calls I receive when there are unknown suspicious activity.

Jeff

October 16th, 2013

I signed up with LifeLock 2 days ago on their "Ultimate Package" and installed their Iphone app. I didn't know I was going to get my credit score from all 3 bureaus, and I can see my credit score in their app. They provided a full credit report and I found a couple things that shouldn't be on there, but I had no way to dispute or remove those items, but I guess that's probably a different service.

TOMPSON R

October 5th, 2013

Great experience. Had a notification after 3 months of service from some freaking server at Chili's that tried to sign up for an online gaming service!? WAT? THANK YOU LIFELOCK!

Euginia

October 2nd, 2013

Ok, so I finally bit the bullet and signed up after comparing like 5 different identity theft services. I have to say that I am impressed with Lifelock Ultimate. Hopefully, I won't have to use this service, ya know, but i really think I made the right choice over the other companies, although Trusted Id would have saved me a couple bucks and seemed pretty good too.

October 1st, 2013

With someone in the Oklahoma area with the same name, birthdate, and hair color, as me with a criminal record, id protection is very necissary for me. These guys are awesome, and they've been in business waaay longer than anyone else. Nothing but good things to say.

Debbie Singer

September 30th, 2013

My father had Lifelock for several years. When he became ill, I found fraud dating back for a year. I advised them about the fraud and they told me to first work with the credit card company and when the credit card company made their determination and there were still disputed charges they would then start their review of the situation. I did as they told me and during the credit card company investigation my father died. I have full POA and I am the sole heir to the estate. I contacted them to get them to intervene as instructed and they refused. They said the fact that my father died meant they no longer had any responsibility. I pointed out to them that the fraud occurred while he was alive and the fraud had been reported to them prior to his death. His death should not invalidate them protecting him from the fraud that occurred during the dates he was covered and all premiums had been paid in good faith. This is a contractual violation. I have filed a complaint with the BBB as well as the Texas Attorney General's office. I will take further action if need be but that is so unfair that I would have to go to these lengths to obtain their assistance, under the contract, that my dad paid for. Period.

Nadia S.

September 30th, 2013

Just signed up a few months ago. I like the price and I like the fact that I at least have something in place for my identity. The only complaint I have so far is that I get my alerts the next day rather thn the same day. Not sure what the point of that is. But I guess some alerts are better than none.

Spencer K.

September 29th, 2013

Good customer service. The price is cheap whcih is what i need. THe real reason I signed up with these guys is because of the $1million insurance. That seemed to me a no brainer. A ton of insurance in case something terrible happens with my ID.

Gregory Anderson

September 14th, 2013

I would like to thank the great state of South Carolina for losing my personal information. I would also like to thank LifeLock for stopping the person who tried to get three credit cards within a two hours using my personal information which South Carolina lost.