We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company also provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

NortonLifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million-dollar protection package.

This million-dollar protection package covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and childcare, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind.

NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers four identity theft protection options to choose from: the Standard plan that costs $9.99 per month, the Select plan that also costs $9.99 per month, the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month, and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month.

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers stolen or lost documents, travel expenses, lost wages, and more. The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has four identity protection plan options — the Standard plan, the Select plan, the Advantage plan, and the Ultimate Plus plan.

These plans can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection against identity thieves.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information from theft, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal. NortonLifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Phone alerts are made during normal local business hours.

4.0

Brian

February 9th, 2015

I have been a LifeLock user for about five years. In that time I have applied for credit twice once at a utility and once while getting new phone service. As I walked out of the utility building and before I got into my car I received an instant message from LifeLock that my credit had been accessed. As I was still completing my transaction at the cell phone store I received a message that my credit had been accessed. Count me as a very satisfied customer who feels protected.

Hortensia

January 30th, 2015 Miami, FL

We received a call this morning from LifeLock that an account was being opened in my husband's name. Well, he did apply for a new Citi credit card around 5 days ago, so this was okay. However, during the month of January he also applied for an auto loan and this wasn't caught. In addition, I opened two new credit card accounts this month too and neither were reported nor were we notified. I asked the LifeLock representative about this and he basically read from a script, saying that not all transactions are caught and that our benefit was the $1million protection. Well, this protection comes in "after the fact" after our identity has been compromised, so I wonder what exactly it is they do to PREVENT identity theft if not all new accounts are caught? They only reported to us 1 out of the 4! Not a very good probability. We've had this LifeLock service for more than a few years but now I'm wondering if it's even worth it? Not sure anymore, was not very pleased with the response the representative gave us nor did he give us a good feeling about "feeling secured"!!

Fred

January 12th, 2015

I had LifeLock for several years. In Nov 2014 my checking account was invaded and drained. I did get everything restored and corrected but it was thru my bank, NOT LIfelock. I, myself, discovered the invasion thru an e-mail I got from alerts I had set on my bank account. My bank took all the corrective measures. They corrected it within 24 hours.I LifeLock never, never sent me one e-mail alert, phoned me, or notified me in any manner - even though they had my bank account info, debit card info, etc on file and this was an unusual transaction, one massive, complete withdrawal of close to $700. The only type of notification I received from Lifelock in November, when my bank and I were taking care of this, was about a new sex offender in town. Thanks a whole bunch LifeLock!! How about paying more attention to my bank and credit card accounts and letting me know when something is amiss with them, instead of concentrating on pervs and criminals. I can access that info for free thru public records. Don't waste your $$ on LifeLock. They will take your money and spend it to make more glittery and promising commercials and spend little if any to protect you.

Ken Silver

January 9th, 2015

LifeLock has done what they said they would do. They have sent notifications and called me to notify me of any new credit checks, account openings, sex offenders moving into nearby neighborhoods. Thanks LifeLock WELL worth the membership fee.

Richard

December 23rd, 2014 Lawrence, KS

Hello.. When I heard from other people who signed up with the Lifelock and I checked everything on their website. So, I am trying to sign in and see how they do service to protect on my credit, bank, etc. After four months later, I realized that Lifelock alerted me that they check on me to make sure if I apply on other credit card recently? I clicked on "No" I have not. They alerted to someone else to arrest them who use my name, SSN, my information. I have been member for the Lifelock for three years. I got about 8 times on alert and see if I apply the loan or credit, no I have not apply any credit card and job. That is very impressive service for me! I thought that my information should be hide and lock at the dentist or doctor or others, but people can find a way to get my information and use mine to make look fake to anyone. That is pretty scary! You should sign in and protect your information while you didn't know that someone have your information, so the Lifelock will do for you! Think about it and sign up the member of the Lifelock today!

Bob

December 4th, 2014

I gave had Life lock for the last few years. I was a little disenchanted with my renewal rate for 2015 going up 35% for myself and my wife. The service us good but that is a pretty steep increase so I will be looking elsewhere.

Bruce

November 24th, 2014

I have lifelock. In the last year and a half I have taken a mortgage, open two new charge cards and as recently as last week 11/2014 applied for an equity loan. And have not been contacted once by life lock to see if it was me that was involved with the new lines of credit. Great watch dogs!

andy

November 24th, 2014

Lifelock can't do anything. There was Credco mortgage company unauthorized to pull my credit, cause I did not put social security number. Lifelock alert department said some company can pull credit even without social security number. What so stupid statement is that.

Karen

November 13th, 2014

Life lock has been nothing but a thorn in our sides. We changed our credit card number and wanted to discontinue our Lifelock automatic payment account. We got 3 charges on our new card number from Lifelock. When we called them they claimed our credit card company called them to give them our new card number. We are always on hold for at least 15 minutes the Lifelock and they could not find our account when we called. We would not recommend Lifelock since they did nothing for us.

roland

October 29th, 2014

their customer verification is too difficult causing problems in their system--This also causes liflock to cut you off from some of thier services even if you pay for it. Even if the mistake is their problem.

Robert Harbick

October 27th, 2014

This is one of those rare companies that does exactly what they say they will do. Spend what ever it takes to protect your identity, and if needed, repairing it. When my wife had her identity stolen, and our checking account hacked, they immediately did everything needed to repair our credit, get the check verification services in line, and recover our data. This company should be rated higher than a 10!

Sarah

October 20th, 2014

Lifelock has done what they said they would do. They have sent notifications and called me to notify me of new charges that might be a problem! Thanks Lifelock!

Brett N.

October 7th, 2014

Lifelock has done an excellent job providing me with the needs my family and I need to ensure our IDTheft needs are taken care of. I am constantly seeing breaches in the news which make me nervous about my identity, it seems places where I use my CC are constantly being breached. Lifelock is the source and service to ensuring it stays safe and my experience with them to this point has been top notch. Highly recommend their service!

benny colvett

October 6th, 2014

Perhaps I expected way too much. BUT I had 2 transactions over $400 each and on one it was the purchase of a gun and it took 4 days to send me any kind of notification. The other was a $400 withdrawal and on the 3rd day without getting any type of notification I called and was asking just what reason that they had for taking so terribly long to notify me and the customer service said that they were closing my account and hung up on me. So what kind of business are you running. Are you just there to take money and we questioned you drop the client. Very horrible and terrible service and customer relationship. I would not recommend you to nobody.

Stefanie

July 18th, 2014

I would go without cable or phone before I go without LifeLock!! My husband and I travel quite a bit, out of country. He's always using his corporate cards. His Identity was stolen a few years ago in an airport (cards scanned in his wallet - YES this can happen!). Within 24 hours, over $20k was charged. I saw a commercial for LifeLock (after spending days on the phone with every account customer service I had). I signed up immediately. Over the last few years, LifeLock has been a LIFE SAVER! They call us if there is a larger than normal purchase to confirm. When I travel, they put notes on my account of when/where I will be. Both my husband and I work in technology (storage, the Cloud) and we know LifeLock has us covered! 4+ yrs....

Bob

July 15th, 2014

They have done exactly what they say they will.

Amber

July 10th, 2014

LifeLock's customer service has always been responsive and I like the alerts I get on a regular basis. I like LifeLock and would definitely recommended them to others.

michael ciabocchi

July 10th, 2014

i signed up for lifelock ultimate 1 day ago. was sent a tem id and password, got logged in. after successfully changing my ID to my email, i could not chaNge the temp password because the system was down. today i started the process again, all was smooth until i was asked 3 questions and whether they related to me( street name etc) and how much was my mo bill for the last car leased or bought. (seperated from my wife,i tried calling her because u have a whopping 5 minutes to answer questions...it's natural that some spouse pay bills and the other does not know or remember the amount.. i tried reaching my wife, unable, so i guessed. i was wrong. i was given 1 chance to answer another qustion which was what state was my ssn related To. had the right answer, got a notice sorry, we can't verify your id ,call this number. i cAll the number explain the issue, i'm then asked to answer a series of questions related to my credit report such as who is my mortgage with (my loan has been bot and sold at least 5x since i took it out) i don't pay most bills so i stated i would probably not be able to answer Some things because my wife pays a good majority and i don't have a clue how much my utility bill may be. so iasked if i could conference in my wife to help me answer questions and was told no, you have to call back wioth her on the phone. what? i can't conference her in, don't live with her so how do i call back with her on the phone, meet her and share a cell phone and answer questions. ? what's the difference between caling back with her already conferenced in and being physically with her? so i was told if i tried and answered incorrecty i would have to furnish a copy of my credit report(really?) or verify my id with a utility bill(it's in my wife's name so i have no utility bill in my name) and some other things. i asked if i could cancel, but before that's done can i try the process again. i was told no. unfortunately some couples seperate or get divorced and lets say the husband continues to provide financial support, which is not an issue) but doesn't know who the mortgage is paid to or other questions related to bills THAT I PROVIDE $ FOR BUT DON'T PHYSICALLY PAY , HENCE I MIGHT NOT KNOW THE AMOUNT OF THE UTILITY BILL, OR WHO HOLDS MY MORTGAGE, OR THE PAYMENT ON MY LAST CAR LOAN OR LEASE PAYMENT BECAUSE MY WIFE PAYS THEM, I PROVIDE THE $$> HOW CAN U POSSIBLY ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS, AND IF U CANNOT, JUST WASTE MORE TIME, SIGN UP TO A CREDIT BUREAU AND GET A CREDIT REPORT AND SENT IT OVER AND YOU'LL HEAR FROM US..WHEN? A WEEK, A MONTH A YEAR. WELL SIR AFTER YOU ANSWERED 1 QUSTION WRONG NEAR THE END YOU COULD HAVE HIT THE BACK BUTTON AND RETRIED, REALLY? WHERE DID IT SAY THAT. IT DOESN'T..IT TAKES YOU TO THE 4TH QUESTION ABOUT WHERE YOU SSN#(STATE) ORIGINATED FROM)...THAT'S WHERE I GOT BOUNCED. ROUGHLY BETWEEN LAST EVENING AND THIS AM I SPENT 2-3 HOURS TRYING TO SORT THIS OUT. $25 BUCKS A MONTH. I WOULD NOT PAY A DOLLAR FOR THE SERVICE , WHICH I COULDN'T DO ANYWAY BECAUSE I CAN'T ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT SEPERATED COUPLES OR DIVORCED COUPLES MIGHT NOT KNOW...GOOD LUCK LIFE LOCK...IF YOU ARE IN MY SHOES, UNFORTUNATELY SEPERATED, DON'T WASTE 3 HOURS AND LOTS OF HEADACHES. ONE DEPT HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE OTHER ONE MAY ASK YOU. IT'S NOT SEAMLESS, IT'S SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA, BUT NOT MY CUP OF TEA... LIFELOCK, LISTEN CLOSELY, FROM THE MARRIAGE FOUNDATION, BASED ON CURRENT RATES OF DIVORCE, 39% OF COUPLES WILL DIVORCE. COUPLES THAT SURVIVE THE FIRST DECADE FACE IDENTICAL RATES OF DIVORCE REGARDLESS OF WHEN MARRIED. 1 IN 5 OCCUR AFTER 20 YEARS AND ON AND ON..YOU ARE MISSING A DEMOGRAPHIC THAT REALLY BOGGLES MY MIND THAT NO ONE IN SENIOR MANAGEMENT HAS FIGURED OUT. IF I CAN'T ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT FINANCES, HOW CAN I EVER BE APPROVED FOR YOUR SERVICE. I ANSWER 2 OUT OF 3 CORRECTLY , WAS GIVEN, I THOUGHT A CHANCE AT REDEMTION BY CORRECTLY ANSWERING THE 4TH TO NO AVAIL AND CANCELLED MY "MEMBERSHIP" OH YEAH "ON A PRO RATA BASIS" SINCE SIGNING UP..THAT WAS ABOUT 20 HOURS AGO. CAVEAT EMPTOR

Debbie Singer

July 10th, 2014

My father had Lifelock for several years. When he became ill, I found fraud dating back for a year. I advised them about the fraud and they told me to first work with the credit card company and when the credit card company made their determination and there were still disputed charges they would then start their review of the situation. I did as they told me and during the credit card company investigation my father died. I have full POA and I am the sole heir to the estate. I contacted them to get them to intervene as instructed and they refused. They said the fact that my father died meant they no longer had any responsibility. I pointed out to them that the fraud occurred while he was alive and the fraud had been reported to them prior to his death. His death should not invalidate them protecting him from the fraud that occurred during the dates he was covered and all premiums had been paid in good faith. This is a contractual violation. I have filed a complaint with the BBB as well as the Texas Attorney General's office. I will take further action if need be but that is so unfair that I would have to go to these lengths to obtain their assistance, under the contract, that my dad paid for. Period.

Sarah Tackett

July 10th, 2014

We have had LifeLock many years now. In all the years I have only received one piece of mail from them. Wonder if they even know I pay a monthly fee to be a member? :(

don

July 10th, 2014

My experience with LifeLock was mixed initially and then became worse this year. Most of what I was paying for seemed to be the credit monitoring service. However, when someone opened a cell phone account in my name and worked under my social security number, I didn't get an alert because it wasn't reported to a credit bureau. Then we called to get help from LifeLock and they said sorry that's not covered under our plan and we had to fix it ourselves. Totally different than the commercials make it seem. I now see several lawsuits so maybe I'm not the only one.

Salem Z.

May 28th, 2014

I was a Lemon wallet user and they took over updated the app to lifelock and my credit card info was still there. But on the latest update I cannot access their service anymore where my username and password doesn't work. I need to delete my credit cards details and I'm stuck now. What if someone manages to get access to this account how should I know?! Won't this defeats the purpose?!

Roger Allen

May 28th, 2014

I have been a LifeLock customer for several years and thankfully I have thus far been safe. However, what disturbs me is their billing system. Without going into an elaborate description of what happened to me I will quote a comment made to me by one of their customer service representatives, "We do a good job at protecting your identity but our billing department leaves a lot to be desired." I came to this site looking for an alternative to LifeLock because for the past few months they have been very confused and have completely screwed up my billing. Additionally, I recently received incorrect information from one of their supervisors while on the phone attempting to correct the mess they created. Frustrated, I made the comment that my confidence in them has been shaken and asked them who is going to protect me from LifeLock.

April 28th, 2014

I've been looking into this type of ID prtection....after reading the reviews, especially about customer service, it sounds like LifeLock is the way to go.

dom cappuccilli

April 18th, 2014

I have life-lock it's awesome...wouldn't change it ever.

helen blowers

April 4th, 2014

I was leary of signing up with life lock, but after a freind had his identity stolen, i decided $99 a year was well worth it ! I have only joined , but found the customer service to be outstanding, they were patient and helpful about by paranoia, and not very computer literate ways! so far so good!!!

Mary Davis

April 2nd, 2014

Great company; has alerted me appropriately. Highly recommend./

March 14th, 2014

I'm a retired portfolio manager, and I recommend all my family, friends, and past clients use these guys. Love mine. I've got too many assets to protect to go with a company that hasn't been around as long as LifLock.

Linda

December 17th, 2013

@ Jeff if there is something on your credit report you can file a letter of dispute with any of the 3 credit agencies. Go to their website and look up file a dispute. Good Luck.

Cynthia

December 4th, 2013

I subscribed to LifeLock after I learned that somebody used my credit card and bought things in the internet maybe 6+ yrs ago. Really like the alerts I get from them periodically via email informing me whether my info has been compromised or not. or the phone calls I receive when there are unknown suspicious activity.

Jeff

October 16th, 2013

I signed up with LifeLock 2 days ago on their "Ultimate Package" and installed their Iphone app. I didn't know I was going to get my credit score from all 3 bureaus, and I can see my credit score in their app. They provided a full credit report and I found a couple things that shouldn't be on there, but I had no way to dispute or remove those items, but I guess that's probably a different service.

TOMPSON R

October 15th, 2013

Great experience. Had a notification after 3 months of service from some freaking server at Chili's that tried to sign up for an online gaming service!? WAT? THANK YOU LIFELOCK!

October 15th, 2013

With someone in the Oklahoma area with the same name, birthdate, and hair color, as me with a criminal record, id protection is very necissary for me. These guys are awesome, and they've been in business waaay longer than anyone else. Nothing but good things to say.

Spencer K.

October 14th, 2013

Good customer service. The price is cheap whcih is what i need. THe real reason I signed up with these guys is because of the $1million insurance. That seemed to me a no brainer. A ton of insurance in case something terrible happens with my ID.

Gregory Anderson

October 14th, 2013

I would like to thank the great state of South Carolina for losing my personal information. I would also like to thank LifeLock for stopping the person who tried to get three credit cards within a two hours using my personal information which South Carolina lost.

Nadia S.

October 14th, 2013

Just signed up a few months ago. I like the price and I like the fact that I at least have something in place for my identity. The only complaint I have so far is that I get my alerts the next day rather thn the same day. Not sure what the point of that is. But I guess some alerts are better than none.

Euginia

October 14th, 2013

Ok, so I finally bit the bullet and signed up after comparing like 5 different identity theft services. I have to say that I am impressed with Lifelock Ultimate. Hopefully, I won't have to use this service, ya know, but i really think I made the right choice over the other companies, although Trusted Id would have saved me a couple bucks and seemed pretty good too.