LifeLock

verified
LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

*We will be compensated by LifeLock for any purchase made through this site

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

Click Here To See LifeLock Reviews

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney and lost wallet protection, as well as assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.  With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts." Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves. Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expense and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

Jeff
May 19th, 2016

My ID has been stolen. I subscribed to life lock and other services. I was getting so many alearts I decided to compare how they were handled. Life lock was by far the best. With the others what happened was they told me the information, and that was it.No help at all, not even told phone numbers or anything, it was up to me to figure things out and to struggle to solve things. With life lock, it was totally different, they called me, verified things, stayed on the phone with me, contacted the company, and verified that things were taken care of. With 1 phone call less than 5 min, fraudulent credit checks, cards, etc. we're canceled. I had been a member for years never thought it would happen to me, but I am so glad to have life lock.

Timothy Flo
May 19th, 2016

A week ago I received a Lifelock Alert concerning Verizon account(s) I had not applied for. I responded and was prompted that I would receive another contact from the Lifelock Resolution Center. I received that today. Once again I contacted Lifelock and we together talked to a Verizon representative on the phone. As a result of that conversation, I am to submit a police report with my local police department and send Verizon a copy of the report. I am to receive another contact from the Resolution Center in 3-5 days. The ID thieves apparently have my name, address and Social Security number. Scary. This kind of thing is why I have Lifelock. It remains to be seen how this turns out, but so far, my dealing with Lifelock has been pretty good. I'm counting on Lifelock to protect my personal accounts, credit, etc.

Scott Watson
May 20th, 2016

I received an alert from LifeLock that a credit application had been submitted in my name. I didn't recognize the application, so I informed LifeLock the application was fraudulent. LifeLock immediately took charge to investigate the circumstances of the application. When they validated the application,they set up a telephone meeting for me with the creditor to cancel any further action on the application. The hardest part was waiting for the creditor to answer the phone!

Valerie R
May 19th, 2016

I got a lifelock alert that two credit card checks had been applied for in my name so I clicked the button saying no it was not me! I was feeling very scared at that point... but I got a call very promptly after I let them know and they worked to get me in touch with the bank that had given the credit cards and they got the accounts closed and the inquiries taken off my credit score. I thought this was going to be a lengthy process but all of this happened within ONE day. They worked so fast and led me through telling me exactly what was going to happen along the way so I didn't get worked up and scared. Luckily whoever opened the card didn't have any charges yet because of Lifelocks quick alerts. Thanks so much!

Stefanie
May 19th, 2016

my identity was stolen in the beginning of the year and used for tax fraud. I immediately signed up with LifeLock after it being recommended by a friend. My identity has been used multiple times since the original theft and I am always notified within minutes and am able to stop any further damage. I get an email, text and call as soon as my identity is used. Definitely gives me a ton of security. Also very helpful that they take the time on the phones to get it cleared up!!

Michael Cook
May 19th, 2016

Signed up for LifeLock after getting fraud reports from credit card companies. They immediately went to work searching for credit applications and sending me alerts. then after verification from me that I did not authorize the credit checks, they went to work to contact the companies and get a resolution. they handled all this much faster than I could and saved me an enormous amount of time and worry. Don't wait like I did, sign up now before this starts happening to you.

Kauai David
May 19th, 2016 Alpine, UT

Getting connected with Life Lock is one of the best things I've ever done. I have been having problems with someone attempting to use my name to establish fraudulent accounts and they have caught it and been very professional in the way they have handled things.

GoldCountry
May 19th, 2016

Seeing some suspicious emails, I signed up for LifeLock. The very next day my email was hacked. LifeLock went to work for me no more than 24 hours after purchasing. It saw my email on an internet black list and immediately alerted me. I am so impressed. Worth every cent.

Jane
May 19th, 2016

The past several weeks have been frustrating with fraudulent activities under my name. However, LifeLock or I should say the staff at LifeLock have been very patient and understanding during these ordeals. I am very impressed at the knowledge and professionalism all the staff have displayed. Thank you lifelock!

Randi Pierro
May 19th, 2016

I was very satisfied with the outcome of my "alert" problem. The lady who helped me was courteous and professional. She settled everything to my satisfaction. They said there was a problem with someone using a Citi Bank card of mine. However, I've never had a Citi Bank card. We had a 3-way phone conversation with the Lifelock person and Citi Bank person who determined that it was an error on Citi Bank's customer service's part. The outcome was that No, I never had an account with Citi Bank and no one had tried to open an account in my name.

Ronald MacLennan
May 19th, 2016

Good customer service. So far so good as far as protection of identity, credit cards, and bank accounts. Hope it stays that way.

Tina W
May 19th, 2016

LifeLock is the best investment I ever made...at the first sign that my identitity had been stolen I purchased Lifelock to guard against future breaches. When another attempt was made a few days after I purchased LifeLock, this time to get cable services in my name, I was promptly notified and services were halted even before they began. A LifeLock representative even called me and together we had a conference call with the cable company to learn further details of the incident; my questions were answered by both the cable company and my LifeLock representative.

Mary Cathy Jones
May 18th, 2016

In this world of continuous cyber scams and security breaches, having LifeLock for mine and my family's accounts is very reassuring. I appreciate notices sent to my cell phone regarding any actions involving my bank accounts and credit cards that are over a certain limit. Knowing that the LifeLock service has a lock on my personal information takes a lot of pressure off of me.

Bill Munro
May 18th, 2016

Linda was patient, helpful and knowledgable. I have only been with LifeLock less than a month and already realize it's potential strength.

Paul
May 19th, 2016

Since I have had Life lock I have been more relaxed knowing they are there watching . It is a load off my mind especially since things are more electronic these days it would be almost impossible for me to watch everything my self.

W W Jordan
May 19th, 2016

It was initially thought that a capital one credit card acct was being opened with my soc sec number. That was disturbing to me, but I had complete confidence that Lifelock would take care of my credit, and fix this credit breach. A very kind, and helpful employee, spent quite a bit of time tracking down the problem, and made sure that my credit was not harmed. It turned out that a Canadian citizen was applying to open a credit card account thru Capital one, in Canada, and has the same Canadian soc sec number as myself, here in the U.S. I feel very relieved, and thankful, that I have Lifelock watching over my financial interests and credit. Thank you Lifelock!

Arthur
May 18th, 2016

We were using Lifelock Ultimate for 6 months and didn't really get any notifications or any unusual activity updates. So we didn't know if it was "working" or if there really wasn't any activity. We decided to change banks from our credit union to one of the major national banks. During the application process they entered our personal information, less than a minute later my wife and I both got a text alert that a bank account was being opened under our name. It gave us the option to acknowledge it was our doing or to provide a stop order against the transaction (to the best of LifeLock's ability). Needless to say, we are lifers.

Sarah
October 20th, 2014

Lifelock has done what they said they would do. They have sent notifications and called me to notify me of new charges that might be a problem! Thanks Lifelock!

Carolina Gutierrez
May 18th, 2016

Kimberley Carter, Life Lock Specialist, helped me get my tax refund in 6 months. The average wait for the IRS to investigate your case would have been 12 months. She helped me fill out the numerous documents correctly to ensure a speedy process. Thank you for your help.

Sheldon
May 18th, 2016

I was amazed and very pleased with the handling and assistance of my recent case. The speed in which you responded was very impressive. I've been left with a feeling that I'm not going through this alone. I appreciate the support you have provided.

Donald Sinclair
May 18th, 2016

I was responding to a credit check alert from LifeLock. LifeLock walked me through the verification process with the requesting creditor insuring that the request was not fraudulent. My service representative handled all of the questioning and all I had to do was listen and supply a few responses. Very good experience!!

Linda L.
May 18th, 2016

I just subscribed to Lifelock about a month ago. They have been more than helpful. They resolved each Alert I got in a timely manner and with positive closures. They phone rep was so kind and understanding handling my issues. I can't thank you enough for everything.

Michael C.
May 17th, 2016

I recently had a question about upgrading my existing LifeLock coverage and contacted LifeLock Customer Service by email. They responded in 24 hours and clearly explained the process and how the cost would be prorated since I was not due to renew my coverage for six months. Thank you, LifeLock, for your excellent Customer Service!

Barbara J. Roemo
May 17th, 2016

People I have spoken to are rude. Representative who asked me security questions did not speak clearly. I could not understand her. Asked to speak with her supervisor and I felt her to be very rude to me. Every time I call in there is a 12 to 16 minute wait.

Linda F.
May 17th, 2016

All my personal information was stolen last year. I signed up for LifeLock, and they have been monitoring all of my accounts for stolen identity. They let me know right away when there was something suspicious with my savings account and worked with my bank to fix the problem. I do not have to worry with LifeLock.

Barbara M
May 17th, 2016

LifeLock has called to alert me to a known sexual offender in my neighborhood and also contacted me when a company was looking into my financials to make sure it was a legitimate inquiry. I do feel my information is protected and I feel safer regarding internet transactions.

Marguerite
May 17th, 2016

I am pleased that we get a monthly report on our security. We've never had a problem, but like knowing that right from the company. Also we appreciate the "heads up" when there may be people in our are posing as representatives for the company and what to do should we encounter one of them.

Samuel R. Cook
May 17th, 2016

The agents were very helpful and interfaced between myself and the Chase Representative. They took care of the fraudulent card application and cancelled the application. The lifelock agent sent me a report on my email as she promised. Excellent service.

Stacy
May 17th, 2016

I was recently a victim of fraud and lifelock not only notified me immediately but resolved the situation before my credit could be compromised. They took care of everything! Definitely recommend!

Dan Boston
May 17th, 2016

Life Lock has discovered numerous fraudulent claims on stopped them on my behalf. Their specialist are knowledgeable and helpful!

Vonda Godette
May 18th, 2016

Being a victim of fraudulent activity, the company went out of their way to alert me to a possible problem. After talking to a Lifelock agent, we were able to talk to the bank where a credit application was submitted in my name and found out that this was not me who initiated this transaction. Thank you

Michael Reid
May 17th, 2016

LifeLock sent me on alert about 3 days about my information that was use at a company to open an account. LifeLock started the investigation right away sent me several emails on the progress. And today 10/15/14 LifeLock was able to set up a conference call with the company / LifeLock and myself that activity was shut down LifeLock did an incredible job they took care of everything. Thanks To You All At LifeLock. Member since March 2014

MistWing
May 17th, 2016

I have nothing but positive praise for the Customer Service Reps at Lifelock. They helped me resolve a series of ID theft attempts with a minimum of effort on my part. I will definitely recommend LifeLock to my friends.

David A.
May 17th, 2016

I received 3 alerts. I called Lifelock, was told the wait time was approximately 9 minutes, which it turned out to be. After hearing my story, the rep I initially was connected with said he would transfer me to the appropriate department to handle my situation. The person I was put in contact with was named Dlecia and she was wonderful to work. She worked through each of the 3 alerts in a very methodical and professional way. She set up conference calls with reps from each of the 3 businesses involved and stayed with me throughout the entire process which took an hour. There was 1 fraudulent account application and 2 fraudulent credit applications. 1 credit application had already been denied due to the 7 year alert Lifelock had previously helped me establish. Dlecia also made sure that the 3 credit inquiries that had been submitted to the credit agencies were removed. I have been a member of Lifelock since May, 2013. My previous experiences with them have all been very good. This is the first time I have had to deal with multiple alerts and I.am very grateful for having people the quality of Dlecia to work with.

Alex Ferguson
May 17th, 2016

I have been a victim of identity theft for 3 years plus. I still frequently have issues with this. When I call Life Lock, I am already frustrated and to sit on hold 3 times in the last 7 days for over 15 minutes is very frustrating. Yesterday, I was told after holding for 28 minutes, "The fraud department is not answering due to heavy call volume. We will need to call you back." Your Company offers a service that I am in great need of. I am happy to be a Customer of Life Lock. But when I have to sit on hold for over 15 minutes every time I call, it makes me wonder about the management of your services...

JC
May 17th, 2016

A recent alert was resolved satisfactorily thanks to LifeLock. My tenacious LifeLock representative continued researching the problem until we discovered that I had initiated the credit check with a company known by a corporate name that I was unfamiliar with.

Francis R. Schwartz
May 17th, 2016

Lifelock is sensitive to any change, fraudulent activity or credit inquiry and will always notify members of such activity. I am confident that I am protected.

B. Young
May 17th, 2016

Due to all the issues with merchants and banks being hacked and data breaches my wife and I decided to up grade our plan. The associate was very helpful with the process explained how to proceed with the upgrade and the change in fees along with the prorate from our old plan. She even offered a discount for this year without any prompting. Service over the phone was great. Web site was a little less responsive, left too many unresolved questions. In fact it referred me to the phone agent. So I can't complain.

Richard
May 17th, 2016

Thanks for being on top of everything. We appreciate your professionalism and attention to all the cyber attacks, and every concievable attack on peoples credit in todays world. This would be a hard job to do ourselves. My only criticism was when calling you, the 'voice' said they do not like to keep people on wait for more than a few minutes and then it said my call would be answered in 22 minutes. That is unacceptable. Otherwise, we feel we are in great hands. Everyone takes their job seriously and that is what makes us feel comfortable with LifeLock.

Levi
May 17th, 2016

As a college student having my information put anywhere and everywhere I was constantly worried about my identity being stolen. Since signing up with LifeLock, I have had the comfort of knowing that I am protected and have been pleased with the amount of feedback they provide with the service. Highly Recommended!

LeslieC
May 17th, 2016

When we needed to get my spouse's user ID and passoword set up (separately from my own) the LifeLock representative on the phone was so helpful and friendly!

Rich J.
May 16th, 2016

Someone was trying to open an account with Sprint using my social security number. I called Lifelock and spoke with the Tyson Herrell. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. He contacted Sprint and with his help the situation was resolved.

George E.
May 16th, 2016

I first heard about Lifelock ID protection on TV commercials and have since been interested in obtaining Lifelock's ID protection services. A month ago, I located Lifelock's website while web surfing and I reviewed the various plans and I enrolled in the Ultimate Plus for $29.99/month and I have to say that the service rendered so far has been comprehensive with rapid responses. They always inform me of the few personal information data changes I had to make to keep current with all bank accounts as well as my accounts with credit card, online retailers and my social security account.Not only do they notify me of these changes, they also request that I acknowledge these changes to insure proper authorization of these changes at all times. In addition, Lifelock always inform me of any sex offenders that move into my neighborhood so I have some sense of security knowing that someone does have an eye on them at all times. Lifelock is a godsend!

Dena Clark
May 16th, 2016

For a new member, the time from sign up to getting any type of instruction is very poor. (Wait time on phone is also bad.) We are not very computer savvy and still have not received anything in writing as to how the whole thing is supposed to work. We are just figuring out how to respond to alerts.

A.Webb
May 16th, 2016

When I had realized that my identity had initially gotten stolen, Life Lock had called me to see if I had opened a new credit card account, I had told them that I had not and they had shut it down, before the new credit card had been issued to the person whom had stolen my identity. I have also been a victim of stalking and it is reassuring that Life Lock notifies me when convicted felons are released from jail and exactly where they live if located in my neighborhood or within a 50 mile radius. This service is especially important for those whom have children and want to keep them safe.

MGrip
May 17th, 2016

I started using lifelock to protect my credit. Lifelock is on top of things, when I applied for a credit card they sent an alert to make sure it was me and that someone had not gotten ahold of my information. I like this company so much I have my parents on Lifelock also.

Lesa Prater
May 17th, 2016

Very pleased with the way Lifelock handled the alert on my account. The specialist I talked to was very helpful. When she called me back with the results of the alert, she was very reassuring, making sure I understood the results.

David Aulner
May 16th, 2016

Since joining Lifelock I have not had any Identity theft issues so I would recommend them for that alone, however, I must let others know the "extra mile" Lifelock traveled for my family. We live in Moore Oklahoma and we had a devastating tornado rip through here in May of 2013, for the next two months I noticed Lifelock had not deducted my monthly fee so I called them. The very friendly representative informed me that all the customers in the Moore ZIP Code would have their monthly bills suspended for at least a year so as to, in some way, help those who lost homes, property and in some cases family and or friends to this disaster. I think this was an awesome act and really appreciate Lifelock, I will continue to use and recommend them to all my friends and family. Respectfully, Dave A.

Slridings1955
May 16th, 2016

Ann in your client support group was amazing. I received a call that there was an account opened in my name, it was fraudulent. An investigation was started. The next day I received an call from Capital One to confirm my new "account" and change of address. I let the agent know that this was a fraudulent account and that it should be closed immediately. The next day I received an e-mail from Capital One indicating that my new credit card was on its way to me, which is recieved a day later. I received an email from LifeLock and called back immediately and described all of the activity. Ann stepped in and conferences in Capital One bank and we went over the transaction with them again. They assured us that the account was opened on October 6 and closed on the 8th. Somebody by the name of George decided to partner with me on a new PlayStation credit card. I hope he is not too disappointed when he cannot use the card! Thank you Ann and thank you to everyone at LifeLock for keeping my accounts safe and sound.

John Grannan
May 16th, 2016

I sent in an email asking about finding the LifeLock mobile app. They responded with a very concise explanation of how they are review the safety and security features of it before making it available again. I was quite satisfied with their response.