LifeLock

verified
LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection. LifeLock also assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.  With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts." Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves. Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Some other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expense and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock has three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

View Best Identity Theft Protection Companies

Bob
April 21st, 2015

I applied for a Marriott Rewards Card for travel online. One minute after I received the confirmation e-mail, I received an e-mail from LifeLock asking if it was me. WOW!

dpetrena
April 21st, 2015

I am disappointed that you didn't alert me when I opened an Amazon credit card

James A Dunst
April 21st, 2015 Pleasant Grove, UT

For the longest time I was wondering if LifeLock was doing anything for me until one day I applied for another credit card. The phone started ringing, texts & e-mails were coming in and the phone started ringing. They wanted to make sure it was me applying for the credit card, so made a believer out of me that day.

Carol Grant
April 21st, 2015

I was very thankful that Lifelock caught an application for a credit card at a bank and a store that I do not use at all. It is very unsettling to know that my information was out there for someone to find and use which could ruin my credit and my life. It was taken care of in a very timely manner even though my old address and phone number were not updated by me when I moved.

Kay Shaffer
April 21st, 2015

To my knowledge, Lifelock has helped save me twice and I very much am grateful. I know next to nothing about using this tech stuff and think this service is a Godsend!

Jerry Morton
April 20th, 2015

I applied for a new Discover card online. Before I finished the transaction online an email from LifeLock appeared in my AOL inbox. VERY good feeling about my online sucurity

Arlyn Salmans
April 20th, 2015

This is the most satisfying arrangement that I have, Very relaxing to know someone is looking out for me if I should have a problem. I acquired Life lock through my bank. They offered it to me . I am guessing I have had Life Lock around 6 years.

jeanneellen1
April 20th, 2015

Lifelock has never failed to notify me within 24 hours of any application for credit in my name

pudelmama
April 20th, 2015

I can't really comment on anything yet as I haven't been a member for long...trying the trial period as I need ID theft protection due to Anthem Breach. And I am still having problems with it showing 100% profile complete...not sure what I am missing,

fromtisme
April 20th, 2015

after many many calls to LifeLock regarding a fraudulent charge...I was so fortunate to be connected to Valerie O !!!! what a difference she made. She explained EVERYTHING and answered questions before I even knew what to ask. She made sure I understood what was what. Valerie went way way above what I believe she needed to do......which was help me feel safe knowing I have LifeLock ! She made sure all the proper authorities were contacted and even made sure that all 3 Credit Reporting Agencies put a 7 year Fraud Alert on file. She also made sure the FTC was notified about my fraud also. After speaking to as many as 6-7 reps...Valerie was THE ONLY ONE who took the time to explain every aspect of what I was entitled to ...to keep me safe. Have never ever received such outstanding service ever...from any company! I couldn't be happier with the service she provided to me. I am one lucky customer !!! She really cared!

Ron
April 20th, 2015

My first call from LifeLock was only one day after it was activated. I had applied for a credit card at a big box store and cancealed my application afew miniutes later after I had second thoughts. Within minutes I was getting a call from LifeLock wanting to verify my activities. I was impressed at the speed of the responce that LifeLock was aware of suspicious activity.

Phyllis Airington
April 20th, 2015

People I talk to on the telephone are kind and patient. I have a hearing problem and they seem to speak very plain and I seem to understand them. So many companies have either foreign people or young quick talking phone helpers, and they are not helpful.

Marty Brasse
April 20th, 2015

I tried to pay for a social event on Pay Pal and I guess I paid with Pay Pal Credit which I did not intend to do. A LifeLock agent straightened everything out. Thank you, Martin Brasse

Debra A DePrinzio
April 20th, 2015

I like what I see so far and will start my subscription after the 30 free day offer. My financial adviser recommended your services and I trust his opinion.

Sharon376946
April 20th, 2015

I had $16-thousand dollars worth of charges on my credit card. When the credit card company contacted me I learned that previously an imposter requested a replacement for my "damaged" credit card. They had all my personal info including social security number. The replacement card was requested to be sent to my home address. I did not request nor receive the replacement cards. My retirement community has outdoor mail centers with locked boxes. How these crooks accessed my mail is a mystery but, obviously, they got hold of the mailed replacement cards and used them.. Lifelock helped me put 7-year fraud alerts on both my husband's (he's an authorized user on the credit card) and my credit bureau reports. The alerts were done over the phone ,which was quick. My rep, Kenneth, was very patient, helpful, well-informed and sympathetic. I now have only the basic Lifelock plan and I'm going to upgrade to the full plan as these swindlers are very clever and I think the average person needs help to out-think them. I only gave four stars because I've just given the case info to Lifelock and I 'm just beginning to use their monitoring service, which means I haven't experienced their service to the fullest extent yet.

Sara Strempel
April 20th, 2015

I am so impressed with LifeLock. Have only been a member since last month. Recently, LifeLock alerted me to a possible fraudulent transaction. It was definitely fraud. I was not the one who was making a new credit application. The problem was resolved within a couple of weeks & LifeLock was very communicative with me throughout the process. I am very happy that I got LifeLock through my Protection 1 home security service.

Constance Payne
April 20th, 2015

Professional, efficient, personable and a service that lets me breathe easier in the current climate of rampant ill intent.I have traveled to visit and work with clients for over 15 years. In all my travels and use of credit card and national exposure, due to Life Lock I feel that my credit and reputation is safe and monitored. I depend on them to keep watch over my most important life priorities.

robert corbeille
April 20th, 2015

I just opened a new Verizon Wireless account and Lifelock notified me of this change and wanted confirmation that it was me who opened a new account. Glad someone is watching out for me. Thank you Lifelock.

MJ Reich
April 20th, 2015

Life Lock has called us 2 times to make sure it was us opening a new account within minutes of my opening this account or making a charge on our card, it is a big relief just knowing they are looking out for us.

tom Shappell
April 20th, 2015

Thank you, much! Certainly feel comfortable knowing that all's well with our C/C's, banking, etc. We've not experienced any problems since we are members, and I've been contacted several times when traveling, due to the card usage over several states in one day! That watchful eye is certainly comforting!

Patricia Bibb
April 20th, 2015

Lifelock called me and asked me if I had made a large purchase out of my state that was an unusual purchase for me. It was very early one morning and on my cell phone. I was not at home and actually across my state taking care of my mother who was sick at the time! Boy was I thankful! I not only hadn't made the purchase but never heard of the place. They took care of everything for me right away even contacting the credit burea! What great service! I love them and so glad that I have them!

Eva Boyce
April 20th, 2015

I believe without LifeLock support there would have been many attempts I have not had to call LifeLock since I been with them. I think I have been with about 2 Years now. I thank you again for your awesome help. EB

Kerry King
April 20th, 2015

I believe they are doing a very good job, but it is too difficult to get to talk to someone that can answer pointed questions. This is still a problem, even though I have asked to speak to someone or have them initiate a call back to me so that I can answer verifying questions before asking mine. My initial membership was through my bank which has stopped participating. The net result is that before I add my wife to the account, I have to get some answers or it will not happen. Also, if it is this difficult to talk to someone, I am not sure how responsive they would be in a real negative situation.

julia flemming
April 20th, 2015

The thing i like about lifelock is that actual people are monitoring and their representatives actually call when they notice something that does not fit what i normally do. So would i recommend definite yes.

Pastor Delphine Lynetta Vasser
April 20th, 2015

The Life Lock organization is very valuable, several months ago, I received a call asking if I had requested a credit card application, and my response was no. Immediately, they blocked any transactions, and followed the information to the proper authorities. Each Credit bureau was notified.

susan
April 20th, 2015

am so glad to have you guys. You've been a life saver for me. I had at least 3 different identity thefts since I've been a lember in Nov or Dec. last year and you took care of it all without me having to do hardly anything at all. You are informative to what you do and usually polite on phone. The price of. 19.99 a month is really worth it. I I would like to get my paper shredder.from you though if I could please.

Anesticia E Permaul
April 20th, 2015

This is my 2nd year signing up for this service. It was mentioned to me by a co-worker as a new option for us. I like getting the messages and knowing someone is monitoring my records. There are times that I have spending spurts on my Citi card and I would think it would flag but maybe your organization can tell a valid transaction versus suspicious activity.

RUDY FLORES
April 20th, 2015

so far so good had life lock since October 2014 and feel very safe please keep up the good work

Edward Young
April 20th, 2015

LifeLock is a fantastic service. I purchased a portable generator, shortly after the transaction, I was contacted to determine if in fact I made the purchase. I feel comfortable that LifeLock is looking after my financial assets.

Patty
April 20th, 2015

Lifelock has been a godsend to me and my husband who are both senior citizens. We are not scared to use our credit card anymore knowing that LIfelock is on the job. They have called us immediately whenever we open a new account or buy a large item to see if it was us. It is worth every penny. Thank you Lifelock.

Sue
April 20th, 2015

I have the standard service of Lifelock and couldn't be happier. Thanks to AOL for providing such a great service. I was one of the people affected by the Anthem hack and know that with Lifelock I don't have to worry about my credit being compromised. I have been building my credit worthiness up for the last couple of years and don't want to have it ambushed.

Andre Sullivan
April 20th, 2015

Lifelock was first to inform me my identity had been used to purchase ten phone lines from Sprint. Before I had received anything from Sprint the problem had been taken care of and Sprint had closed the accounts. I did receive a bill for $878.00 from Sprint along with a letter acknowledging fraudelent use of my identity. A LifeLock representative then guided me through the process of putting a seven year alert on all of the credit bureaus for peace of mind. This whole process took less than twenty minutes.

Donald Worz
April 20th, 2015

I've only had one problem in years. Life Lock immediately notified me and directed me through the process to rectify the situation. Your personnel were extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and efficient. Of course you only hope that this is the only breach of your ID, you don't know what you don't know! I hope Life Lock continues to watch out for me.

Arlene Henderson
April 20th, 2015

Thank you LIfelock for catching the fraudulent credit application. Your representative was exceptionally helpful furnishing me info. I took the "bull by the horns" and proceeded to contact the bank the card was to be issued from and reported the fraud, which then placed an alert on any info coming from the address that was on the application. I would be very interested, though to discover how the crooks obtained by SSN, birth date, etc up in Richmond Hills, NY. Your immediate service also afforded me the ability to put a fraud alert on my credit with the Experian and other agencies for 90 days, which I may extend for safety. Keep up the good work!

Don R
April 20th, 2015

lifelock has done a unbelievable job. they notified me of a credit card being opened in my name. they acted very swiftly and got the card canceled and the fraud reported. lifelock is a must! member for life

Beth
April 20th, 2015

I think lifelock is an important service.. In the past they have alerted me and I have been really happy with the service but then on Feb 23rd of this year, there was a breach and Lifelock did not inform me.. When I second breach came in March , then I learned of both.. It surprised me that they didn't notify me because usually they are on top of their game... Now I feel yes and no about them. Fearful of them missing something or not informing me...What's going on?

C Gary Taylor
April 20th, 2015

Thanks LifeLock! I have had 2 recent attempts for some unknown criminal to use my stolen identity information only to be stopped by LifeLock before they could get an account opened. I think LifeLock is great and this day and time I wouldn't want to be without it. I recommend LifeLock to others often.

Janice Wheeler
April 20th, 2015

I was notified that a new acct was being opened in my name within a hour of when I applied. Was very impressed that I was called so quickly. This is the 1st time I had ever rec contact other than when my payment is due

Steve
April 20th, 2015

In the past, I would have given this company at least a '8' or above. Not anymore. A complete '0'. For the past several weeks (the last notice being on April 4) all notices of any activity on my account stopped coming in. The only assistance (if you want to call it that) I got from them was to delete all accounts and then re-enter them. What a complete waste of my time. Still no alerts. I think they might have been hacked because they still don't have any answers. I quickly cancelled my account and will never deal with this company again. Beware of this company.

Mike
April 14th, 2015

Lifelock customer service is terrible.

Amanda Arroyo
April 10th, 2015

My poor brother passed away in Feb. and he had paid this company quite a bit of money for identity theft protection. His account was hacked twice in December and money was taken from his account, with no notification from LifeLock.I recently tried to file a claim with Lifelock, it was denied, even though my name was on his account. Terrible company!

Mike
April 9th, 2015

I signed up with LL about 2 months ago. Just found 2 fraudulent charges on a credit card that is protected by LL totaling $250! No alerts from LL...having to deal with it myself. So far I'm not impressed.

Sharon
April 8th, 2015

So far I have no complaints. I would like the option to list more than 4 credit cards to be protected, please.

Bill K
April 8th, 2015

I was notified by lifelock that someone had attempted to open cell phone accountswith my info. And Thanks to LifeLock we were able to stop it before it went to far

Mary Agan
April 8th, 2015

I have complete confidence that Lifelock will protect me and will notify me of any problems regarding anything on my computer. I would recommend it to anyone I know. I believe I have the Standard Program. But they called me immediately and e-mailed me immediately a few months ago when someone tried to open an account in my name.

Tom V.
April 8th, 2015

Within minutes of applying for a new business acct. credit card, I was notified by Lifelock via email, that someone had mad an inquiry into my personal credentials. Lifelock wanted to know if this was my doing or not? Nice to know they've got my back! Thank You Lifelock

Rufino Gomez
April 8th, 2015

Your customer service telephone contact wait time is unacceptable. I called and waited over 15 minutes and never was provided assistance over the phone. As result I had to email your customer service department more than once to get my double billing problem resolved.

Othol Buskey
April 8th, 2015

I just love the way i get an email saying this month there's no fraudulent ativity made against your credit report.

Pete Sweers
April 8th, 2015

While trying to get new phone service for my mother who moved into a nursing home, the provider did a credit check on me. Lifelock went on the alert and kept track of the process, contacting me and asking if I was signing up for this new service. It was me, and I responded as soon as I was able. Thank you Lifelock for your diligence.

Verma Sweet
April 8th, 2015

Lifelock called me on a Saturday morning personal no recorder a live person, asking about activities going on with our credit. The things they saw was shocking and made me sick to stomach. Someone had gotten my information and start purchasing things all across the United States. Lifelock walked us through the steps we needed to take. Contact the police to file a report, our credit cards, banks and they took over. We was updated weekly sometimes twice a week of what was happen with fixing my credit. It was a very stressful time, but they FIXED IT. Thanks Lifelock we couldn't or haven't stop singing your prays.