LifeLock

verified
LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

Click Here To See LifeLock Reviews

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney and lost wallet protection, as well as assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.  With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts." Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves. Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expense and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

Sidney
May 23rd, 2016

Life lock has prevented on 2 separate occasions fraudulent accounts (cable, internet, phone) being opened in my name with my information in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Lifelock contacted me, to find out if it was I who was trying to open an account for (cable, internet, phone) in Colorado Springs. When I told them no they stopped the account. I then called the sprint office and notified them of the identity theft and notified the police.

Margie Pisano
May 23rd, 2016

It was unfortunate what has happened to us UPMC employee, but in the world of electronics, I guess it is not if, but when a breach will happen. I feel very safe now knowing that I do have the LifeLock Service. The constant updates on my accounts is very reassuring. Thank you for the great job and of course keep it up!!!

David A.
May 23rd, 2016

Upon receiving an email notification, I responded that the alert was fraud. I answered questions on a follow-up email and received a follow up phone call and email. I called the number given and talked with a CSR after about a 10 minute wait. There wasn't a fraud rep available, so I asked to be contacted on the following Monday. I received the call on Monday and the matter was quickly addressed with T Mobile without me having to get involved.

Mark D.
May 23rd, 2016

Recently I was notified by phone and email of an unauthorized account activation. I was very impressed with the service provided by Lifelock which included making contact with the company who had had the account activation. The matter was completely resolved saving me and my family possibly hundreds of dollars in fees. Thank you

Rena
May 23rd, 2016

I am happy that I have LifeLock as I am an older female with very little computer knowledge. I know that LifeLock will watch my back and keep me safe....something that I am unable to do on the computer. I receive LifeLock through AOL and am so happy that they offer it. Makes me feel safe. Thank you LifeLock.

Jack Brucato
May 23rd, 2016

I would like to thank life lock for the safety I feelsing your service. Recently I and my wife had done some extensive traveling. Before our trips I notify my banks and credit cards of our travel plans. BUT, knowing that I have the added protection of Life Lock makes me feel 100% comfortable that somewhere along our travels a security breach or hacker is not going to get our information. Thank you sooooo much for our secure feeling. Respectfully, Jack and Joy Brucato

D. Davis
May 23rd, 2016

I'm extremely pleased with LifeLock Ultimate alerting me to a fraudulent merchant account set up in my name before any transactions on that account took place. The account was set up on a Monday, LifeLock alerted me on Tuesday via email, my LifeLock account, and text. By Friday they worked with me and the creditor to close down the $10,000.00 line of credit account. On Friday I also was able to properly fill out the creditor's Customer Fraud Complaint Affidavit. The LifeLock representative verified that there was not any outstanding balance on the account, gained direct contact numbers, and account numbers for the affidavit information. I'm very grateful for the assistance with the creditor agent, and for the new alerts.

Josh
May 23rd, 2016

In our current society, protecting your identity has become non-optional. Ever tried to go after cyber crooks or sort through and trace years of papertrails? LifeLock Member Service Representatives are both highly skilled and very professional and what's more - they do this FOR A LIVING. For the price of 5 lattes from Starbucks I've got 24 hour, non stop monitoring service that watches everything - even when I can't. It's invaluable. I have utilized the Mobile Alert system more than anything. Also, having the ability to monitor all my financial & investment accounts from one source has been such a time-saver. I never worry about my identity being stolen...why should I? I've got LifeLock.

Evie Corvino
May 23rd, 2016

I recently asked why my husband and I had to have separate accounts considering we both use the same accounts for all of our financial transactions. You explained that because we have different SS numbers and birth dates, it is necessary to have separate LifeLock accounts. My husband and I are both 75 years old and on fixed incomes. I would think that LifeLock would consider this and devise a way for seniors to have the protection we need but at a cost that is affordable. To upgrade to a better program would require one of us to cancel our membership which we don't want to do. Your reply would be appreciated.

M Berry
May 23rd, 2016

Just received my first real alert, followed up the way Lifelock asked me to, and discovered the inquiry into my credit file was obscure but legitimate and a result of something I had asked someone to do. This is just as important to me as having them discover fraud, which this easily could have been. We also get several alerts each week when a payment goes through our accounts that exceeds the amount we specified to give us notice. So far they too have all been legitimate, and there is much comfort in knowing when the text and emails come in from Lifelock that we are protected.

Pete
May 23rd, 2016

I have been getting regular alerts since purchasing Lifelock Ultimate Plus earlier this year. Then I got an alert I didn't recognize and got a phone call an hour after clicking on NOT ME button on the site. I had used PayPal two days earlier but only to pay with my credit card thru PayPal. But apparently this was someone trying to apply for credit at PayPal using my information. FRAUD ALERT. And was impressed when the agent sent me an email with instructions on how to place a Fraud Alert with the credit reporting agencies.

JoAnn J.
May 23rd, 2016 Alpine, UT

My first alert was when I refinanced my mortgage and it was easy to just let Lifelock know that it was legitimate. However, my second alert showed that someone had reviewed my Credit report. I simply checked that this was not activity that I had authorized and Lifelock started the investigation. Just a few phone calls and it was taken care of, nothing was found to indicate any loans or credit had been taken out with my info. I didn't even spend a sleepless night, it was all handled very well.

D Abernathy
May 23rd, 2016

After my identity was stolen almost 4 years ago, we continue to have the occasional fraudulent applications for loans, charge cards, utility services, cellphones, and once a fraudulent tax return filed. We enrolled in Lifelock after the tax return incident, and have been so glad we did! It is great to have a heads up on a problem before the collection agencies contact us. We will be keeping Lifelock from now on.

Ken
May 23rd, 2016

Lifelock is quick to alert me in all circumstances of questionable intrusion into my identity. Detail of possible identity theft has to date been top notch. I recommended this to my insurance agents and bankers and they all have jumped on this outstanding service. I recommend you do the same. In today's world of instant access via social media and the internet, you have got to protect yourself, and Lifelock is my clear choice.

Placido Dell'Acqua
May 23rd, 2016

You guys are the best. I got an alert on Monday indicating a Bank account was opened with my personal information. I was assisted by Shaleen, and Kendra who were very professional and helped me contact the Bank and closed down the fraudulent accounts. The quick response by Lifelock helped prevent this event from becoming much worse. I am very Thankful for your hard work. Placido Dell'Acqua

Irene Hubert
May 23rd, 2016

Thanks for all you do. As a retired teacher and widow, I feel really protected, as elderly people are often targets. I so appreciate you. I found that I was a victim of identity theft. LifeLock took care of the problem quickly. Keep up the good work. Everyone I have been in contact with in your company is very informative and polite. I will give you an A for your work! Thanks again. Irene Hubert

Brent Bombola
May 20th, 2016

I received a phone notice that a credit check was in progress for a new account. I contacted LifeLock and a fraud investigation was opened. The result was a conference call with LifeLock, Sears and myself which confirmed that an application had been submitted to Sears with all of my info. The application was denied. LifeLock worked as advertised.

Diane Flemming
May 23rd, 2016

I have been a victim of identity fraud for a number of years now and Lifelock is always there watching out for me. They let me know, immediately when something is wrong and they are always quick to react with the companies. I recently had 3 alerts, all in a row, and a specialist got me on the phone with the companies and took care of everything. I feel better knowing they are always watching.

Holly
May 23rd, 2016

I applied for a new Amazon credit card and Lifelock notified me in less than 2 hrs. that my personal info. had been used. This was the first time I had opportunity to see how my service was actually being useful to me. I was very pleased to know that if my personal info. was being used by someone other than myself, Lifelock would catch it rapidly!

Lynn Gaston
May 20th, 2016

Since November 1st, I have had my identity compromised 4 times. After the first incident, November 2nd of last month, my husband and I decided to call LifeLock. This has proven to be the one of the best decisions we've ever made! LifeLock has caught all of these attempts to use my name and information in fraudulent activities. There are no words to express my sincere gratitude for protecting my identity. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Donnetta
May 20th, 2016

I have had numerous credit inquiries within the past few days. LifeLock notified me immediately I'm assuming. I don't know what the outcome will be, 10-14 days is long time to wait for a response. I am very anxious about my credit;which I take very seriously. I hope there will be a satisfactory outcome. With regard to the email response, I am pleased with the prompt response, I was given clear instructions on how to get answers to my questions. It appears that LifeLock takes my privacy seriously as well.

Jackie
May 20th, 2016

I renewed a credit card at a store. The clerk transposed the number and it had to be done over. By the time I got home (approx 1 hour) Lifelock e-mailed and wanted me to know therre had been some activity. I called Lifelock and explained what happened. I appreciate how quickly Lifelock caught this event. We've been with Lifelock less than a year and we have a lot of faith in it. Thank you.

Mary Ann McKenney
May 20th, 2016

My purse was stolen and one of my cards used at a gas station about 10 miles from point of theft. Life Lok stopped the sale cancelled all my cards and I lost no more than the purse and its contents. THANKS LIFE LOK

EKB
May 20th, 2016

A pickpocket stole my IDs--all of them! When I realized that my information was "out there" I first contacted my bank and they recommended Lifelock. I have never regretted this! The whole FTC/Police Report process is a real pain and it was great to have Lifelock helping me along. Lifelock has now aided me in three incidents. I depend on them to keep a watch out for further theft.

Margaret Allen
May 20th, 2016

I did expect a little more specific and quick response to my email. Also that you could do more to protect me against possible fraudulent credit applications. Now I have to call the credit reporting agencies myself and request fraud alerts. I thought you would have done that. What exactly are you doing to protect me?

Michael Bergerman
May 20th, 2016

contacted by lifelock that a payday loan company in Texas was processing a loan in my name. I had not applied for any funds from anyone. When lifelock notified me I was able to stop the loan process. Lifelock also informed me how to notify transunion to get my name on a 3 month fraud notification and with a police report I could be on a fraud notification with the 3 credit reporting agencies for 7 years! Lifelock did a fantastic job, saved me money and made it possible to maintain my credit rating. Excellent work from an excellent company!

Bob
December 4th, 2014

I gave had Life lock for the last few years. I was a little disenchanted with my renewal rate for 2015 going up 35% for myself and my wife. The service us good but that is a pretty steep increase so I will be looking elsewhere.

Kathy Benedix
May 20th, 2016

Received notice of someone using my social security number from IRS. Contacted LifeLock and they sent me paper to begin and the issue was solved. Received our money. I really like the fact we had one person taking we could call who was helping us.

Ray
May 20th, 2016

I was notified by 2 alerts. One credit check which was legit but the second was a true identity theft. The specialist called me and handled it with the company's fraud department in a 3 way conversation and they identified it as fraud. The LL agent told me the steps I had to take and they would do the rest. Her name is Kristen and she deserves a big hug today! Thanks Kristen!

Karl
May 20th, 2016

My identity continues to be used by someone that obtained my social security #, name and date of birth. This has happened about 7 times over the past 4 years. They have obtained pay day loans, free cable TV, free cell phone service and home phone service all in my name. LifeLock notified me of these each time and helped resolve the problem with the companies involved and with the credit bureaus. It is all a pain to handle, but much easier with LifeLock. Glad to have them on my side!

John Persons
May 20th, 2016

Life Lock sent me an alert that someone had applied for a credit card using my name and SSN. I called Life Lock and she put in a call to the bank. With myself, Life Lock, and the bank on the phone together, we got the situation settled and the bank said they would put in a Fraud Alert to the credit bureau. Thanks to the Life Lock representative for her patience in coordinating with the bank and myself for a solution. John Persons

Bill
May 20th, 2016

I had a recent bad incident with Lifelock. They called me about an alert and recommended I call in or go online. Since I was not at home I called in. However, I did not get directed to my alert issue, I was directed to some sort of contest where I could win something. Several hours later I went online an checked the alert. I contacted Lifelock about my incident and I have not heard anything back from them in the last 24 hours. Otherwise, I like their service and value and would recommend them; I have no idea what the issue was on the contest.

Andrae Warriner
May 20th, 2016

I had money stolen from my checking account so someone could enjoy a dating site. It was rediculous and I felt violated. My uncle advised me to get LifeLock and I took his advice. I'd seen the commercials, but it is nothing compared to the wonderful experience this has been. Thankyou for this service and the professionalism that is so difficult to find these days.

Bonnie Natalie
May 20th, 2016

I couldn't wait to call my Mother to tell her the GREAT NEWS! I had applied online for a new credit card (a VISA) & less than 15 minutes later I received an email from LifeLock warning me of the application and asking me if I knew about it! What a wonderful, and welcome, surprise! The email doubled my security by asking me to confirm or deny that I knew of the application (which would've initiated the 1st round of further investigation had I denied knowledge, I'm certain). I can't tell you HOW PLEASED & REASSURED I FEEL. I joined LifeLock only a couple of months ago and am THRILLED because I forgot I had it; but, it's doing its job behind the scenes, keeping me safe and protected! I'll be telling everyone I know how to protect themselves from most forms of Identity Theft and Fraud....with LifeLock! THANK YOU ALL, SO MUCH! (My Mother feels great, too!)

Rex Gaddy
May 20th, 2016

I was in Best Buy November 2, 2014 to exchange a television that was covered by warranty. I was contacted by LifeLock soon after to see if was trying to open a new account at Citi Bank. I said no and was contacted by Citi Bank soon after to verify that fact. I was given the understanding that the application would be stopped.

Denise Gill
May 20th, 2016

I obtained Lifelock last year after being hit 3 times, on 3 different cards. When Lifelock appeared I thought my troubles were over. Well It happened again in August. And I had to do all the front work. Lifelock eventually sent me the paperwork to finalize it. But If this happens again, I don't see any use for this company.

S Zaidi
May 20th, 2016

Excellent, hassle free and prompt customer service! in three years of membership with LifeLock, it was my first experience to resolve a fraudulent activity by someone using my personal information. I feel extremely safe and satisfied with LifeLock and I'm glad that I made a wise decision in protecting my family and myself from such threats on my credit history! Highly recommended!!

Peter
May 20th, 2016

someone opened a paypal acct in my name a few days ago -- since i don't really use paypal i would have never had a clue that it was in existence if not for lifelock lifelock has already paid for itself

Elizabeth
May 20th, 2016

It seems the holidays, are the worse time, when people try to open accounts in others names, other than their own name But thanks to Lifelock, it was stopped in time. Thanks lifelock; it's worth every penny to keep lifelock. People try this every year. To either get a cell phone, cable tv, or a credit card, or storw card, either in my name, or a family member. Thank God we are protected with Lifelick.

V Sklar
May 20th, 2016

Life lock representatives have been, so far ( I have been a member only a few months), friendly, helpful and reassuring. They don't seem to mind going the extra mile. One rep made an inadvertent mistake, which caused me some alarm; however, it was corrected swiftly, diligently and courteously.

Jeanne K
May 20th, 2016

Thanks! I over-reacted a bit when I realized someone had used my debit card. I reported that it had been compromised. I didn't mean to give the impression my whole wallet had been stolen. There perhaps should be one extra option to click for clarity's sake. I checked my bank account this morning, which I normally check daily. I discovered a transaction I did not make. My bank helped me stop the pending transaction right away. I called LifeLock too and other businesses I use. It took half a day but was worth the effort. I haven't been a member 1 full month yet. I imagine the number was stolen online, as my computer is quite aging now. I blocked the use of that card. I'm sure LifeLock will help me if there is more I need to do.

Alexia Acosta
May 20th, 2016

I signed up for life lock when I found out an account had been open at Macy with my information... Couple of days later I recieved a credit card of jcpenney in the mail which I never applied for.. I called life lock and each representative that I spoke with was very kind, helpful and made me feel a little less stress about the whole situation

Bruce
November 24th, 2014

I have lifelock. In the last year and a half I have taken a mortgage, open two new charge cards and as recently as last week 11/2014 applied for an equity loan. And have not been contacted once by life lock to see if it was me that was involved with the new lines of credit. Great watch dogs!

P. Brimer
May 20th, 2016

Both my wife and I were alerted that a bank account was being opened in our name. After conferring with each other we both clicked on "Not Me" on the email. We got a follow-up email with several questions designed to help us make sure that it wasn't us. A quick phone call with LifeLock and we were assured that we would get a call from one of their fraud specialists who would conference us in with a call to the bank. I got the call right on schedule, they verified it was me and then got someone from the bank's fraud unit on the phone. They checked their records and found that the account had actually been set up as a trust account from our funeral home due to some preplanning we had just completed. We knew we had made the agreement but had no idea where they had set up the account. This was a great example of the value of my LifeLock membership! A+

Penny Webster
May 20th, 2016

Love LifeLock!!! When I found out someone was using my personal information to open an account in another state, that is when I contacted LifeLock. They walked me through what was needed and I gave the information that was requested. The only thing that is very important is to update your information when it changes...the service is only as good as the most up to date information you provide.

Louise Caarol
May 20th, 2016

I signed up for LifeLock after being a victim of the Target Data Breach. I received a phone call telling me I had applied for a loan when I had not (and told them if they let the loan go through it would not be repaid by me) and then LifeLock found an address in New York associated with me-I was able to protect my information and I know that only legitmate applications made by me have been able to go through. I am renewing when my subscription expires.

andy
November 24th, 2014

Lifelock can't do anything. There was Credco mortgage company unauthorized to pull my credit, cause I did not put social security number. Lifelock alert department said some company can pull credit even without social security number. What so stupid statement is that.

Shelly
May 19th, 2016

A few days ago I was contacted by LifeLock telling me that my social security number had been used to try to open a new credit card at Sears. Since I had not initiated the request, LifeLock contacted Sears and launched an investigation. Today I was contacted to give me assurance that Sears had refused the credit card and that none of my other information had been compromised. I appreciate LifeLock's prompt attention to this matter!

Lisa Mason
May 19th, 2016

I was very happy Life Lock caught this activity of someone opening a credit card, that was not me. They did not just call once, they called twice, text twice, and emailed twice! I am a teacher & not able to answer calls quickly, but they kept trying until they reached me. I was relieved to get all the notifications! It saved me A LOT of headsches, I'm sure. Within 5 or 6 business days they contacted me again with the credit card company to resolve the whole issue Thank you!! Lisa Mason A VERY satisfied customer!!

Cari Ann Durfee
May 19th, 2016

I was under the impression when someone checked my credit I wiould be notified and as to who checked it. I do not get any alerts at all. I feel I am paying for something that is not protecting me at all. Why can't lifelock do something with my credit and clean it up. There are things on my report that are not mine.