LifeLock

verified
LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

View Best Identity Theft Protection Companies

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection. LifeLock also assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.  With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts." Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves. Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expense and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

View Best Identity Theft Protection Companies

MrSaggi
August 10th, 2015

I have been a lifeLock member for over 10 years and have had several calls from LifeLock protecting me from fraud. If I open an account anywhere they call and ask if I am opening another account. My wife's purse was stolen and LifeLock took care of everything for us including her passport. If you value your identity and do not have the LifeLock ultimate plus protection you are living dangerously.

LZSecured
August 10th, 2015

Lifelock basics. This product/company has kept its end of the bargain. My job takes me all over the country. However, I have not had nor do I worry about using my personal debit and credit cards. Lifelock has been a good purchase for my family. We highly recommend their services. They are also friendly and quick with their customer care. I really like Lifelock and so does my bank account.

Michele
August 10th, 2015

I signed up for myself and my husband. We never received the information to sign in for me. I used the same email address for both of us because we share it. I called to try to get it straightened out but the issue was never resolved by lifelock.

Gerald Zutler
August 10th, 2015

Lifelock notifies me any time there is doubt as to whether there is a problem and if so they resolve it immediately.Gerald Z.

Martha McWhorte
August 10th, 2015

I am so glad that I have Life Lock. I upgraded in the past year to the Ultimate Plus plan and I am not seeing any difference in the information I receive. I have called about this but cannot seem to get an answer that satisfies me. I signed my daughter and son-in-law up on it a few years ago and they get information such as public record reports on a regular basis from LifeLock.

Pat Craft
August 10th, 2015

I appreciate Lifelock sending me a report each month. It helps me to know that it is still on the job.

Jim
August 10th, 2015

I'm not sure what Life Lock checks as I've applied for loans, etc and never received an alert from Life Lock. I recently received an email stating that there were no issues in the past month but that email does not arrive very often.

KAW
August 10th, 2015

Called several times to ask questions about initial alerts we received when first signing up for the service. Staff was not knowledgeable. After the initial communications from LifeLock, we received minimal updates from them. We found out from our bank our security had been breached and not LifeLock. Spent almost $450.00 for their services. Very unsatisfied.

David Baggett
August 10th, 2015

I haven't been able to add my bank account and sent an email through the "contact us" link on the web page several months ago and was never contacted. I also bought a new car three months ago and that activity on my credit report has still not been noticed by you. I'm not impressed with the service.

John T.
August 10th, 2015

I recently opened a new credit card at a big box store. I was required to give my SS#. By the time I got home, Lifelock had left a message on my phone telling me my SS# was just used and they wanted to know if I was aware of it. I was amazed by the service provided by Likelock.

Harry Morgan
August 10th, 2015

Have not received any email communications from Lifelock in two years beyond the considerable junk file advertisements to join Lifelock. The few times I called to speak directly with a Lifelock agent, I was frustrated with the rudeness and lack of knowledge of the agent. I am unsure what services you are providing for me and my wife and will probably not renew or recommend your services to my friends.

Gordon Perlow
August 10th, 2015

I completed a loan application at a local Harley Davidson dealer. I never received an alert for about 36 hours later. I called them to ask why an alert was never sent. I felt like I got a run around answer. I did not feel protected.

dsb1252
August 10th, 2015

I have had my information hacked from Home Depot, United States Postal Service, and Homeland Security. My credit card was used in London, England (I live in Michigan). All I get from LifeLock is that everything is hunky dory. This is the most useless worthless program on earth. The only reason for one star is that I can't submit without one.

james
August 10th, 2015 Bridgeport, CT

SCAM , Canceled my service, then 2 years later I see a $110.00 debit on my credit card. get this LIFE LOCK hit my card without any authorization. I filed a complaint FTC and States Attorney Office, and better business bureau.

Mark
August 10th, 2015

Lifelock sucks. They only protect 4 credit cards & I have 10 that need protecting. Their software has been unable to link to my checking account since day 1. My bank has better protection service than they do.

wmanuel9
August 10th, 2015

could never get logged in to the web site with the password that was provided in the email, so cannot check to see if I am being protected or not. Only received one notice that I was even covered, Really don't know if I'm getting the aol lifelock or not

Katherine Cannon
August 10th, 2015

Very helpful when I need assistance. Thank You!

jm2733
August 10th, 2015

My service has been ok but, I never received my shredder that I signed up for.

Thecardsender
August 10th, 2015

I had fraudelent transactions by someone using my debit card #. My Banck noticed, and put an immediate block on my card. Life Lock did not do ANYTHING. My Bank refunded all my charges. Till this day, Life Lock did not even know I had been a victim. Useless.

BS
August 10th, 2015

I get a lot od info that I already know, Not sure how this company is helping me.

Laney
August 10th, 2015

Impossible to use. Impossible to log in and give info. Will not accept the information I have Provided.

Harry Rodgers
August 10th, 2015

A good service but life lock has difficulty logging on to mt bank accounts

Michael Ercol
August 10th, 2015

I am somwhat frustrated by the alert system. Every alert is double posted and I am alerted twice for the same transaction. I have discussed this with Lifelock associates when I have called in for assistance. I get the standard answer "HMMM I will definitely look into this." Nothing happens. I am still getting double notices about the same transaction. Additionally, It would be helpful if in the e-mail alert, I could reply to the e-mail saying YES/NO to the alertt. Website definitely needs some major updating.

Tammy
August 10th, 2015

Today was the first time I got a real alert since I singed up. I am very pleased at how fast you had altered me. It hadnt been no more then 3 mins. at the most when I got the alert. Thank you. Much faster then my last Idendty montionrying I had.

Gglomat58
August 10th, 2015

When I opened a new account right away Life Lock sent an alert on my computer to make sure it was me,and that was very re-assuring to me that someone is watching.

Darla
August 10th, 2015

We love Lifelock and all their services. We receive text messages any time there is an alert. With all the hacking going on with government, credit card, banking, online databases, we feel secure with Lifelock in our back pocket. We have heard some of our friends that have had their bank accounts drained or credit cards maxed out and do not understand why they do not utilitze Lifelock services. Lifelock is a great customer service company and I highly recommend them to anyone that uses ATM's, credit cards, debit cards, checking or saving accounts, etc....It is well worth the money we spend each month to have our credit monitored.

Stephe meyer
August 10th, 2015

System constantly going down. I have to spend too much time on phone with lifelock to get back up again. As of today my protected accounts are down again and I don't know when will work again. This has been going on since I joined Lifelock.

Stoneyman
August 10th, 2015

The credit reports say monthly but they are 6 months behind. That is the absolutely the only thing that I have wrong. Everything else is wonderful.

Theresa Ordonez
August 10th, 2015

I signed up for Lifelock when my identity was compromised when my medical insurance company and retirement account company were hacked. I have piece of mind now because anytime something comes up with my personal information, I get an immediate alert from Lifelock. The website is very easy to navigate and anytime I call them I am taken care of quickly. Lifelock is very hassle-free.

Carol Ferebe
August 10th, 2015

I received a telephone alert today which scared the bleep out of me. I had just signed up for internet, cable and phone services with a new carrier not more than 30 minutes before i recieved the alert. I had forgotten I had Life Lock. They alerted me that an account was being issued from this new carrier. Wow, the service was fast and professional. Can I keep Life Lock with my new carrier. Please, someone let me know!! Service was great!!!

Karl Aichele
August 10th, 2015

We were deceived when we signed up and have learned just how poorly your web site operates and how inadequately your service techs respond to problems. 1. We expected full coverage for our joint accounts under one membership but had to buy two separate accounts for full coverage. 2. From day one, your fouled up web site has frustrated our attempts to input our information so that we could get the coverage we paid for. 3. Every person answering your assistance lines must be reading from the same script but don't understand what they are saying! They cannot explain themselves or speak plain enough English language to be understood and are useless for resolving our problems. 4. We paid $600 for a year of frustration and confusion and regret having done so.

Roy Coe
August 10th, 2015

I takes LifeLock three to four days before notifying me of an account activity. (My Credit Union notifies me the same day of the activity) For some reason, LifeLock is unable to maintain a connection with my Credit Union and I'm having to "reconnect" often. This is unacceptable. I will not be renewing my account or recommending LifeLock to anyone unless this trend improves.

wing1212
August 10th, 2015

I filled out an application for a new credit card with a new bank. I received an e-mail and phone call to alert me about this new card and if it was me. I was very inpressed with the service.

Navy88Ted
August 10th, 2015

My insurance online account (USAA) was recently breached and the perp changed my password, pin, and email address. Luckily, I got a notice from USAA advising me these had been changed and called. Once he had hijacked my acocunt, the perp applied for a credit card, which I assume was going to my "new" address. The application was processed and approved - nothing from Lifelock. This happened late on a Monday night. On FRIDAY Lifelock sent a notice asking for confirmation. If this had been my only safety net, it would have been pretty bad. I'm disappointed that the first time a really NEEDED Lifelock, they weren't there. I'm ready for my refund

Eric
August 8th, 2015

The service is very good, but I do not understand why the alert software cannot "learn" to recognize trusted vendors. When you have made a charge to the same vendor dozens of times, and it continues to show as an alert, that is annoying and unnecessary. I may discontinue service for this reason. Alerts should not be duplicated over and over.

Michael
August 8th, 2015

Last week American Express contacted me that our credit cards were compromised. They took care of me. I did not hear anything from LifeLock. Are they doing their job???

Kenneth Shrader
August 8th, 2015

As a new member very impressed. Received email that my email and password was detected on a known hacker site. Was able to catch two charges to one of my accounts on same date and reported it immediately. Was able to cancel credit card and get charges removed as result of early detection notice.

Don Gesualdi
August 7th, 2015

We have used Lifelock services for seven years now and just added my daughter as well. We don't really "use" the services but when anthem was recently hacked i felt a little better about the situation. Also i haven't had problems since joining, they are very pleasant to deal with and i would recommend them to anyone.

Cashehee
August 7th, 2015

One day I was changing my cable/phone/internet service and LifeLock called me on the phone to make sure it was me making the change! Right as I was on the phone with the cable company! I was truly amazed and happy to know that they were right on top of things.

S White
August 7th, 2015

I have had standard LifeLock for years; just upgraded it. Actually, dropped one other program that was not as effective. Very helpful and prompt when I need them. Thank you LifeLock, S. White

Kelly Smith
August 7th, 2015

I like everything except no one from Lifelock has answered either of my requests to add my bank to the list so my accounts can be protected. I am disgusted with Lifelock in this respect.

John
August 7th, 2015

I purchased a new smart phone and opened an account with Verizon and was notified by life lock shortly afterwards that someone opened an account in my name. Great service!!

Donald Collins
August 7th, 2015

I've had LifeLock for a couple of years now and wouldn't want anyone else , when I told them about my idenity being stolen they watched for it . Sure enough someone was trying to use it and LifeLock stopped them cold , so glad I have them watching over me !!!!!!!!!

Susan
August 6th, 2015

My husband received a Credit Check alert which was fraudulent. Jennifer, our LifeLock resolution agent, worked tirelessly to get to the bottom of it. For over an our she was transferred from one department to another until she uncovered the problem, my husband's SS# was erroneously entered for the Credit Check. The Credit Check was for someone with the same name with a similar SS#. Jennifer had the Credit Check removed from his Credit Report.

Darren K
August 5th, 2015

My wife recently had her identity stolen. We received the notifications and LifeLock was on the case. Needless to say, we were pretty rattled when this all began but the LifeLock people were extremey helpful and gave us great guidance. With LifeLock's help, we are now getting the fraudulent accounts closed and we feel so much better. To think, I wondered if I should renew my membership this year.......glad I didn't. It was the best money I ever spent.

barbara billingsley
August 5th, 2015

I have a lot of activity on my checking. I wish there was someway you could see the repeats and not text me every time I run a check or transfer internally.

Frances Romero
August 5th, 2015

My experience with Lifelock has been great. I've been notified several times when it appears that someone tries to open a new account; luckily it's been me. This is highly appreciated.

Vickie Lewis
August 5th, 2015

Great service. After having my identity comprised I finally feel secure.

Palma Gemelli
August 5th, 2015

I called Lifelock to confirmn that I had no outstanding alerts to respond to. The representative who helped me was professional,patient and responsive.

T Norvell
August 5th, 2015

My husband has been the victim of identity theft twice ( we suspect once was by a family member). I have had multiple subscriptions in the past through credit card companies but they paled in comparison to what LifeLock provides. I feel much more secure with the quick notifications of transactions. I have the target amount set low so I get A LOT of notifications. I will up the a bit so I am not fielding as many on a daily basis. I would and have recommend/ed LifeLock to others!