LegalShield is one of the nation’s leading providers of legal safeguards. They offer one of the industry’s most affordable identity theft plans in comparison to other top companies. LegalShield protects over 3.5 million people in North America. They even offer their services to companies and organizations across the country.
- A+ BBB rating for 15 years
- Use Kroll – the top leading identity theft restoration consulting company
- IDShield’s excellent family plan
- $5 Million Service Guarantee
LegalShield is an established organization that has maintained an impressive A+ BBB grade for 15 years. Their restoration services are run through Kroll, who is the world’s leading consulting company in identity theft restoration.
Features IDShield includes (but is not limited to):
- Individual and Family Coverage Options
- Comprehensive Restoration by Kroll Advisory Solutions
- One-Bureau Credit Report and Score
- Unlimited Consultation Related to Identity Theft
- TransUnion Credit Monitoring and Activity Alert and other features that may not be listed
IDShield offers their full service for you, your spouse and up to eight children for only $19.95.
Something else that sets IDShield apart is its $5 million Service Guarantee for both their individual and family plans. This essentially means that in the event of identity theft, IDShield will spend up to $5 million of its own resources to do everything possible to restore you to pre-theft status.
- BBB Complaints concerning product/service
- Quarterly updated credit scores and reports
According to LegalShield’s BBB profile, they only have 151 complaints out of their millions of customers. But customer’s have reported that most of the problems are related to the product/service and also billing/collection issues. Fortunately, LegalShield is proactive and has already closed 48 of those complaints in the last year.
Even though IDShield does offer one credit score, they only allow quarterly updated scores or reports to view any changes that were made over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is identity theft?
Identity theft is the improper acquisition and use of an individual’s private information with criminal intent. Financial gain is the main purpose of identity theft but can also include application in criminal or medical scenarios.
How much does LegalShield services cost?
LegalShield IDShield offers two main identity theft protection plans:
- Individual: $9.95/month – The individual plan includes all of LegalShield’s services to help monitor your credit and help protect your identity.
- Family: $19.95/month – The Family plan includes all the same services as the individual plan for the best protection, but allows you to also register a spouse and up to eight children in the plan.
Does LegalShield allow me to protect my whole family?
LegalShield does offer a family plan for customers. The family plan allows for customers to register themselves, as well as a spouse and up to eight children, for $19.95
How does LegalShield protect my identity?
LegalShield protects your identity by constantly monitoring your personal and private information. They make sure no one is using your information without your knowledge by monitoring your social security, credit cards, bank accounts, and public records. They provide unlimited consulting with identity theft specialists, as well as full-service identity restoration through Kroll.
Does LegalShield provide identity theft insurance or service guarantee?
LegalShield does provide its customers with a $5 million service guarantee.
Does LegalShield monitor my bank accounts?
If provided with the proper information, LegalShield alerts customers of bank and credit card activity. They will monitor up to 10 credit card numbers and 10 bank account numbers.
How long will it take before I start to see results with LegalShield?
LegalShield does not offer any specifics currently on when customers should expect results after reporting an identity theft case. However, most customers in the industry begin to see results within the first three months.
Does LegalShield offer any promotions?
LegalShield does not offer any promotions at this time.
How can I contact LegalShield?
Anyone can contact LegalShield through their phone number for 24/7 service:
Phone Number: 888-494-8519
IDShield Individual – $9.95/month, IDShield Family – $19.95/month
- Comprehensive Restoration Provided by Kroll Advisory Solutions: Kroll Advisory provides a wide range of identity theft restoration services for all LegalShield Plan members, including medical identity, financial identity, and much more.
- Single Bureau Credit Score: Members will receive a quarterly credit score from TransUnion
- Unlimited Identity Theft Consultation: Provided by Kroll who is a licensed investigator for identity theft issues. All you need to do is sign a Limited Power or Attorney and they will take over the restoration process for you. This includes setting up a seven-year fraud alert notification with each of the three credit bureaus.
- Single Bureau Credit Monitoring and Activity Alert: TransUnion credit monitoring will push alerts to you if any changes are made to your credit file.
- Black Market Website Surveillance: Monitoring of your Social Security number (SSN), credit card numbers and bank account numbers you input into the system
- Sex Offender Search (upon request): List of sex offender locations in your area and it tracks to see if a registered sex offender uses your address
- Social Security Number Skip Trace (upon request): SSN search through 34 billion public records to detect potential fraud
- Lost Wallet Assistance (upon request): Assistance in canceling and replacing ID as well as placing fraud alerts in the incident of a stolen purse or wallet
- $5 Million Service Guarantee: In the event of a theft, IDShield will spend up to $5 million to restore your identity.
- Bank Account and Credit Card Number Monitoring: Members will be alerted to any and all suspicious activity involving their bank account number or credit card number.
- Address Change Verification: IDShield will ask you to verify the validity of a change in mailing address. This will help prevent ID thieves from having credit cards in your name sent to other addresses.
- File Sharing Network Searches: Prevents ID thieves on file sharing networks from downloading sensitive information off your computer
- 24/7/365 Support: Members can call IDShield any time of day throughout the year for emergency assistance or live member support.
LegalShield collects non-public information about members through:
- Information is taken from your applications or other forms (including name, address, Social Security number and payment instructions)
- Data you provide during your visit on LegalShield
- Data about your transactions with LegalShield, their affiliates or others
Kroll Advisory Solutions Limitations and Exclusions
In order to receive Kroll’s comprehensive identity restoration, the victim must provide:
- A copy of the police report citing the identity theft case
- A signed and notarized copy of Kroll Advisory’s Limited Power of Attorney
- Copies of government-issued ID
- Other identifying information (utility bills, SSN)
- Completed Federal Trade Commission Identity Theft affidavit form
- Additional items related to the identity theft event
Kroll Advisory Solutions does not provide its coverage for the listed events:
- Financial Loss
- Dishonest Acts
- Legal Remedy
In no way does this summation strive to compensate for reading the actual terms of service or contract provided by this company. We are providing this information to allow consumers to see the points of the contract that we believe you should be aware of. Please refer to the company’s terms of service or contract document to see the full details.
As a division of LegalShield, IDShield provides identity theft protection to millions of people across all 50 states. LegalShield has its headquarters in the town of Ada, Oklahoma. Even though IDShield is only 15 years old, LegalShield was established in 1972 to initially provide pre-paid legal services but has further branched out to assist customers with identity theft restoration.
Recent Press Releases
June 6, 2016 – IDShield Launches All-new App Furthering Consumers Ability to Guard Against Identity Theft and Get Help When Identity Theft Occurs http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/06/prweb13463709.htm
Brands and partners
IDShield is offered as a partnership between LegalShield and Kroll Advisory Solutions. LegalShield was formerly known as Pre-Paid Legal Services. The company changed their name in 2011 and is currently headquartered in Oklahoma. This partnership allows IDShield to be one of the leaders in the identity protection, monitoring and restoration industry.
Currently, Jeff Bell is LegalShield’s CEO and has been in that position for two years. He has an extensive background in corporate leadership and is known for his visionary marketing. Before joining LegalShield, Bell was the Corporate Vice President of Global Marketing for Microsoft’s Interactive Entertainment Business (Xbox). He is well known for launching marketing campaigns for popular video games like “Halo 3,” “Gears of War,” and “Rock Band.”
Report this review
What is the issue?*
Thank you, but you have already reported this review