Despite these endorsements, ITAC Sentinel is NOT a recommended company, and customers are strongly encouraged to investigate our top identity theft protection companies before making a decision.
Identity Theft Assistance Center (ITAC) is a branch of Intersections Inc. ITAC is a nonprofit organization of financial services companies that came together with the goal of protecting their consumers from identity theft. Since its creation in 2004, ITAC has helped tens of thousands victims restore their financial identities. ITAC Sentinel offers their ITAC Victim Assistance program to all consumers, which helps victims of identity theft with information which is designed to guide them in restoring their identity.
- Equifax, Experian, TransUnion Credit Monitoring
- 10 Years Experience
ITAC Sentinel uses Internet Surveillance which helps reduce your risk of identity theft online by continuously searching the Internet for signs that your registered bank accounts, credit accounts, and Social Security Number are potentially at risk.
ITAC offers three identity monitoring and protection plans: Sentinel, Sentinel Plus, and Sentinel Premium. Each plan covers credit monitoring, credit card theft protection, and identity protection insurance coverage by AIG. Differences in the coverage include the amount of available insurance coverage, number of credit bureaus monitored, and the availability of credit reports and scores. The highest-tiered plan is the only plan which includes public record reports and monitoring.
- Limited Recovery Services
- Only $20,000 Insurance Amount
- No Antivirus Software Included
- No Free Trial Offered
Each of ITAC Sentinel identity theft insurance policies includes a $250 deductible. Most identity protection policies offer a $0 deductible.
ITAC Sentinel does not have a full-service lost wallet protection, but it does offer card theft protection. This protection will perform only some of the same functions a lost wallet protection provides. Card Theft Protection uses their team to cancel/and or reissue members’ credit cards in the event of a lost wallet. The Lost Card assistance does not include restoring driver’s licenses, Social Security cards, insurance cards, or checkbooks.
ITAC’s services are fairly basic and the lower-tiers of protection have limited credit monitoring and credit report refreshes. Some customers have complained about not receiving alerts or the alerts being delayed. Customer service for ITAC has been another source of complaints by its customers, with complaints about a lack of transparency about the actual coverages.
ITAC does not offer a trial period for its services.
ITAC Sentinel – $9.99/month
- 1-Bureau Credit Score and Report: ITAC Sentinel provides members with their Equifax credit report to track their credit history
- Quarterly Credit Updates: Every three months, members can access their most updated credit report
- 1-Bureau Credit Monitoring with Alerts: ITAC Sentinel will monitor members’ Equifax credit report and alert them by phone, email, text or mail if there is suspicious activity occurring on their file
- Internet Surveillance: This feature reduces members’ risk of identity theft online by continuously scanning the Internet for signs that their identity has been compromised through File Transfer Protocol sites, chat rooms or newsgroups
- Card Theft Protection: If an ITAC Sentinel member calls the ITAC Sentinel team and reports a lost or stolen wallet, they will assist in cancelling and reissuing credit cards and up to $2,000 will be available for emergency cash
- ITAC Victim Assistance: An ITAC Victim Assistance professional will help members every step of the way. They will:
- Review members’ current credit report to find evidence of identity fraud
- Notify each creditor listed on the credit report to start the identity theft investigation
- Assist in placing a fraud alert on victims’ file with each of the credit bureaus
- Deliver the case file and affidavit data to appropriate law enforcement
- Provide members with a summary of the interview process to make follow-ups easier
- Toll-Free Customer Service: Members can call ITAC Sentinel to answer questions about their membership plan or credit information
- Credit Analyzer: A finance tool that allows members to predict financial outcomes based upon different scenarios (paying down balances, taking out new loans, etc.)
- $2,500 Identity Theft Insurance: Victims of Identity theft may be reimbursed up to $2,500 in qualified expenses (with a $250 deductible)
ITAC Sentinel Plus – $12.99/month
All features in the ITAC Sentinel plan are included in the Plus plan as well as the listed benefits below:
- 3-in-1 Credit Report and Score: With this upgraded plan, members receive a credit report and credit scores based on the data from Equifax, Experian and TransUnion
- 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring and Alerts: ITAC Sentinel will monitor members’ credit reports from all three credit reporting bureaus and alert them by phone, email, text or mail to warn of potential identity fraud
- $20,000 Identity Theft Insurance: The Plus plan allows victims up to $20,000 in expense reimbursement after a $250 deductible
ITAC Sentinel Premium – $17.99/month
All features in the ITAC Sentinel plan are included in the Premium plan as well as the listed benefits below:
- Public Record Report and Monitoring: This feature provides a summary of public information with your personal information such as name, address, vehicle registrations, criminal records, personal property, court records, and bankruptcy records
Identity Theft Insurance
Covered expenses include:
- Lost wages up to $2,000 per week for 5 weeks
- Notarizing affidavits or similar documents
- Long distance calls and postage
- Attorney fees (with prior consent from AIG)
- Spousal, Elder or child care up to $2,000
- Travel expenses up to $1,000
Definition of Stolen Identity Event:
“The fraudulent use of your name, address, Social Security number, bank or credit card account number or other personally identifying information or other method of identifying you. This includes, but is not limited to, the fraudulent use of your personal identity to establish credit accounts, secure loans, enter into contracts or commit crimes. Stolen identity event shall include Medical identity theft [which is] theft of the insured’s personal or health insurance information to obtain medical treatment, pharmaceutical services or medical insurance coverage.”
Scope of Coverage
Members must report the Stolen Identity Event no later than 90 days of discovery. This insurance policy is excess over other insurances including homeowner’s or renter’s insurance. Members can cancel their service any time by calling 1-888-283-1970.
Report this review
What is the issue?*
Thank you, but you have already reported this review