Despite these endorsements, ITAC Sentinel is NOT a recommended company, and customers are strongly encouraged to investigate our top identity theft protection companies before making a decision.[/blue-box]
Identity Theft Assistance Center , or ITAC, is a nonprofit organization made up of financial services companies that came together with the goal of protecting their consumers from identity theft. Since its creation in 2004, ITAC has helped tens of thousands victims restore their financial identities. ITAC Sentinel offers its ITAC Victim Assistance program, which provides victims of identity theft with information designed to help them restore their identities, to all consumers.
- Three packages
- Credit monitoring
- Internet surveillance
ITAC Sentinel offers three identity monitoring and protection plans: Sentinel, Sentinel Plus, and Sentinel Premium. Each plan provides credit monitoring, credit card theft protection, and identity protection insurance coverage from AIG.
ITAC Sentinel’s identity protection packages range from $9.99 to $17.99, which is affordable for most consumers.
ITAC Sentinel offers credit monitoring from all three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
ITAC Sentinel uses internet surveillance to reduce the risk of identity theft online by continuously searching the internet for signs that registered bank accounts, credit accounts, and social security number are potentially at risk.
- Limited recovery services
- $250 deductible
- No free trial offered
Limited Recovery Services
ITAC Sentinel does not offer full-service lost wallet protection, but it does offer card theft protection. However, this protection only offers a portion of the features provided by a lost wallet service. For example, card theft protection will not restore driver’s licenses, social security cards, insurance cards, or checkbooks.
Each ITAC Sentinel identity theft insurance policy has a $250 deductible. This is uncommon, as most identity protection companies offer policies with no deductible.
No Free Trial Offered
ITAC Sentinel does not offer a free trial period for its identity theft services.
ITAC Sentinel – $9.99/month
- 1-Bureau Credit Score and Report: ITAC Sentinel provides members with their Equifax credit report to track their credit history
- Quarterly Credit Updates: Every three months, members can access their most updated credit report
- 1-Bureau Credit Monitoring with Alerts: ITAC Sentinel will monitor members’ Equifax credit report and alert them by phone, email, text or mail if there is suspicious activity occurring on their file
- Internet Surveillance: This feature reduces members’ risk of identity theft online by continuously scanning the internet for signs that their identity has been compromised through file transfer protocol sites, chat rooms, or newsgroups
- Card Theft Protection: If an ITAC Sentinel member calls the ITAC Sentinel team and reports a lost or stolen wallet, the company will assist in canceling and reissuing credit cards and up to $2,000 of emergency cash
- ITAC Victim Assistance: An ITAC Victim Assistance professional will help members every step of the way by:
- Reviewing members’ current credit report to find evidence of identity fraud
- Notifying each creditor listed on the credit report to start the identity theft investigation
- Assisting in placing a fraud alert on victims’ file with each of the credit bureaus
- Delivering the case file and affidavit data to appropriate law enforcement
- Providing members with a summary of the interview process to make follow-ups easier
- Toll-Free Customer Service: Members can call ITAC Sentinel to answer questions about their membership plan or credit information
- Credit Analyzer: This is a finance tool that allows members to predict financial outcomes based upon different scenarios (paying down balances, taking out new loans, etc.)
- $2,500 Identity Theft Insurance: Victims of identity theft may be reimbursed up to $2,500 in qualified expenses (with a $250 deductible)
ITAC Sentinel Plus – $12.99/month
All features in the ITAC Sentinel plan are included in the Plus plan, in addition to the benefits listed below:
- 3-in-1 Credit Report and Score: With this upgraded plan, members receive a credit report and credit scores based on the data from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion
- 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring and Alerts: ITAC Sentinel will monitor members’ credit reports from all three credit reporting bureaus and alert them by phone, email, text, or mail to warn about potential identity fraud
- $20,000 Identity Theft Insurance: Identity theft victims will receive up to $20,000 in expense reimbursement after a $250 deductible
ITAC Sentinel Premium – $17.99/month
ITAC Sentinel’s Premium plan includes all features included in the Plus plan, as well as the following benefits:
- Public Record Report and Monitoring: This feature provides a summary of all public information that includes your personal information, including name, address, vehicle registrations, criminal records, personal property, court records, and bankruptcy records
Identity Theft Insurance
- Lost wages up to $2,000 per week for five weeks
- Notarizing affidavits or similar documents
- Long distance calls and postage
- Attorney fees (with prior consent from AIG)
- Spousal, elderly, or child care up to $2,000
- Travel expenses up to $1,000
Definition of Stolen Identity Event
“The fraudulent use of your name, address, social security number, bank or credit card account number or other personally identifying information or other method of identifying you. This includes, but is not limited to, the fraudulent use of your personal identity to establish credit accounts, secure loans, enter into contracts, or commit crimes. Stolen identity events shall include medical identity theft, [which is] theft of the insured’s personal or health insurance information to obtain medical treatment, pharmaceutical services, or medical insurance coverage.”
Scope of Coverage
Members must report the stolen identity event no later than 90 days after discovery.