AllClear ID

AllClear ID

Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, AllClear ID provides identity protection services to both individuals and organizations.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.2 8.0 Read Review
#2 8.8 8.9 Read Review
#3 7.5 7.1 Read Review
#22 4.1 0.7 Current

The Good

• Monitoring Services
  • Identity Theft Insurance
  • CISSP Certified

Monitoring Services

AllClear ID works to protect its customers' identities by offering a number of monitoring services, including credit monitoring from all three major bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion), financial account monitoring, and social security number monitoring. If suspicious activity is detected, AllClear ID has the ability to place credit freezes and issue fraud alerts to the customer.

Identity Theft Insurance

If a customer of AllClear ID falls prey to identity theft, they will be covered by the company's $1 million identity theft insurance policy, which reimburses customers for expenses related to the theft, including up to $10,000 in lost wages.

CISSP Certified

AllClear ID is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional. To earn this certification, companies must have several years of experience and pass the CISSP exam.

The Bad

• Limited Recovery Services
  • Undisclosed Pricing
  • No Antivirus Software

Limited Recovery Services

AllClear ID's restoration services are limited to financial identity recovery and lost wallet assistance. The company does not offer medical, criminal, or tax identity recovery services. Additionally, it is unclear whether or not AllClear ID helps individuals with preexisting conditions or utilizes limited power of attorney.

Undisclosed Pricing

AllClear ID has not disclosed pricing information on its corporate website, which can be frustrating for consumers wondering how the company's services will fit into their budgets. Interested consumers must reach out to the company for more information.

No Antivirus Software

AllClear ID does not provide its customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers.

Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

AllClear ID is CISSP certified and offers several monitoring services and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance. However, the company has not disclosed pricing information on its website. Additionally, AllClear ID's identity recovery services are limited and no antivirus software is provided.

View Top Rated Companies

103 AllClear ID Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

February 9th, 2017 Kissimmee, FL

Got a call today from All Clear to tell me there was new activity on my account...credit account opened at a certain bank. That happened 4 months ago. How is this going to help me?

January 20th, 2017

I got this service free because of the anthem breach. I fell for the whole your identity is safe bull. About 6 months ago my identity was stolen 7 account in 4 states in the amount of roughly$20,000! I monitor my credit through a free service and found the hard inquiries. I was livid when three days later I was notified that everything was fine and there was nothing to report. I still haven't received an alert or anything saying there is or was a problem. I even froze my credit through all three bureaus. I did receive an email today asking if I would like to buy their service. I'm amazed that they are still in business! I guess it is true there is a sucker born everyday! My suggestion is run from this service! Your better off going at is on your own not to mention more protected.

October 6th, 2016 Oxford, OH

I did not think all clear was doing a great job because it notified me about my (legitimate) Macy's card application after about 3 weeks, when I had starting using it the first day and racked up hundreds of dollars! But months later, when someone else fraudulently applied for Barclay's card in my name, they caught it right away and called me/e-mailed until I responded. They got oin the line with Barclays and me, where we talked through everything, had the application stopped. They then advised me how to put aletrts in with all the credit agencies, sent all the paperwork, etc. I found this very helpful-- saved me tons of time & money.

October 2nd, 2016

I have had two credit accounts fraudulently set up which I had to cancel myself. AllClear still has not informed me my info was stolen. This was over two MONTHS ago when the first one showed up. They are completely bogus and their Pro product is simply an attempt to get more of your info for their own purposes. It may have changed, but their Privacy Policy gave them permission to use your info for marketing purposes.

July 25th, 2016 Seattle, WA

difficult to cancel service

July 15th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

I have a poor hearing and do not want to be called. Everything they do is thru the phone calling when I'm not available to listen to their lengthy unclear phone calls. Cancelling their service require many hours going thru their useless website and getting multiple annoying phone calls. To this date I still could not cancel their services despite several requests

May 6th, 2016 Golden, CO

Their contract is onerous. I was never informed of the insurance limitations until after I asked questions about the claims process. They insist I speak with AIG and will not take responsibility for any claims. They are unable to fix my ID issues as promised. Prior to the contract they guaranteed it. Once I have requested it, they indicate it can't be done. My claim is sitting in their hands for over 5 months. They claim a $1M policy, but there is no mathematical or logical way to achieve that. They only grant up to $1000 for lawyers which in an ID theft situation can take 10s of thousands of dollars. Been with them 9 months and only received 3 monthly reports which I had to personally request. I get faster alerts from other sources than AllClear ID. Will not provide a clear path for a resolution on any of their processes. When I asked to correct issues with the IRS they had to go "find" someone who knew something about it. When I spoke to AIG it took at least 30 minutes for them to even understand that they had a policy with AllClear ID and that I had a claim filed. No one out of 4 people could provide me a status of when it would be paid.

February 24th, 2016 Coventry, CT

Received free protection from Anthem, but only covers one bureau. and would expire in May. Received another free protection program from UCONN that covers all three, but would expire in February. Would not give the better program through February, and then let me switch back to the Anthem program through the remainder of the time. Seems All Clear is being compensated for their service by two different companies, but won't provide the services they have been compensated for. Their notifications are junk, and out of date. Certainly wouldn't give my money to them after the subscriptions provided to be expire.

February 9th, 2016 Sarasota, FL

Just cancelled my account with all clear. USELESS They just called me with info that was 3 months old, and acted like interrogation experts. In speaking to me, I was treated like I was a scam artist. Use a more reputable company if you feel the need to need this kind of service.

November 10th, 2015 West Hollywood, CA

I am registered with All Clear Pro and had not received one notification regarding credit applied for with my identity. The agent at ALL CLEAR ID was less than competent. so I asked for a supervisor. I was put on hold and then this same person comes back and said she has been waiting long enough for a supervisor and can't help me any longer and that someone will call me back.. I told her I would hold and she says she has been on hold long enough for a supervisor and that she can't hold any longer. Got no where!!! Not worth the expense to have this company protect your lawn!!

August 31st, 2015 Okatie, SC

Because Transunion was the first to post the fraudulent inquiry, I was notified the same day. I got AllClearID free due to the Anthem BCBS Breach. My primary complaint is that there is no case agent assigned (no one I can call) and I am pretty much on my own with no help. I receive one call (Caller ID said "unavailable") but the caller's accent was foreign and was impossible to understand. They left an number to call back. Even the paperwork sent to me after I reported the ID Theft has no name nor number for me to call with questions. Definitely would not renew with them after the free period.

August 4th, 2015 Ventura, CA

Signed up for the free service after the Anthem breach. I got a few All Clear emails and then the day after I had a credit pull for new cell service I received an account activity report. After jumping through hoops which are too comical to go into I still haven't found out what the recent activity was. Online or customer service it makes no difference, they have provided me with no useful information. I'm angry and this service was free, imagine if I paid for this. What a joke of a company. Compare these reviews with the reviews on their web site.

July 24th, 2015 Flagstaff, AZ

Ridiculous. After multiple emails, phone calls, and visits to their website, I am frustrated. Their phone answering system cannot recognize keyed-in numbers. Their website doesn't recognize my new password. I spent over 20 minutes simply trying to find out what the new message was--it turned out that All Clear finally noticed I set up a new mortgage--several months ago.

July 22nd, 2015

They are a scam, IMHO.... They take money, give little, no, poor service. When an alert did arise, they were not available... They were 'closed'. I was in Europe, no phone, no way to find out what was up. Lousy service, to cover for Home Depot's oops..... This Bo Holland CEO... figured out how to make a bunch of money online.....

July 18th, 2015 Chicago, IL

Monitors only one credit bureau. Notification is not timely, customer service experience is very awkward. Notification mechanism (voice mail to phone, call back, etc) is like a wild goose chase. All of these are deterrents to service. Compared to other choices available, this service is not worth paying for.

July 17th, 2015 Kent, WA

The user interface does not provide dynamic information. Alerts come in via phone. I opened a new account a month and a half ago. It took All Clear about 3 weeks to notify me of this activity. I have now been notified three times of this "new" account. There are better offerings -this is better than nothing

July 13th, 2015 Apache Junction, AZ

The "alert system" is so user UNFRIENDLY!! After three phone calls to try to get information about an "alert", They finally told me of a new loan account that had been set up. The account IS legit, but it was set up about a month ago. Someone could have set up loan in my name falsely and I would NOT have known for about a month!! NOT very good "service"!! I could NOT recommend All Clear to anyone!

July 7th, 2015 Coventry, CT

We received notification from AllClear ID back in March that our child may be an identity theft victim. We followed their instructions and immediately sent in all of the requested documents to allow Transunion/AllClear ID to investigate the situation further...but it all goes cold from there. AllClear ID told me that TransUnion handles these investigations and I should hear from them with updates on our case. When I didn't hear from them, I called TransUnion directly. TransUnion said they can not help because they utilize a company outside the US called Serco Global to work as their ID Restoration Specialists. I was told I had to speak with their Serco Global reps for any updates on our case. Serco Global is of no help though either. When you call their number (1-888-248-1987), you get a strange automated message that identifies the business as AllClear ID and says something like 'unfortunately we have been unable to reach you at the phone number you provided'...you can then go ahead and leave them a voice message after this outgoing message ends but there are no options to stay on the line and speak to anyone. The return calls (when I actually got one) would come the next day from a Serco Global rep outside the US (speaking pretty broken English). Each time Serco Global decided to return my call, I would be given some promise of action. Sometimes they would say things are being mailed to me and I should have it in a week and sometimes they'd say they'll look into things and call me right back -but then never do. After Serco Global stopped returning my calls altogether, I began calling AllClear ID again directly. Each time I spoke to the AllClear ID reps, they'd tell me they're escalating our case and an AllClear ID supervisor will call me back in X number of days (I've never received any such return calls and it's been at least a month since our case was supposedly "escalated"). I could go on and on but I think you get the idea. You're very much on your own with AllClear ID. That should be their tagline

June 24th, 2015 Lubbock, TX

This company belatedly emails me whenever I used my credit card. I also got them free from Home Depot. Yesterday, I had a voice mail saying,"Christine Torres, this is the Dallas. County Court System and a civil and criminal summons will be issued for you this week. We are calling to verify where you would like to be served. The summons will tell you the time (message ran out)." I pressed Call Back on my iPhone (my name is not Christine Torres - not even close!) , and the callback was answered by AllClearID! The callback number (855-434-8077) is the number they provide to call if you have problems. I agree that a class action should be filed. AllClear is not a good company ( although I feel sorry for the customer reps) and if they are pretending to have Court System Summons, that's some pretty serious fraud. The rep said they must have been impersonated by someone using that number! How secure is that?! I think they'll fake summonses to get scared folks to call, as their customers from the Home Depot breach are about to expire. Just terrible and unethical. I feel less secure now that before I signed up for this "service".

June 17th, 2015 Fountain Valley, CA

WORTHLESS I signed up for a new credit card 2 months ago & just received the notification of it yesterday. If this had been fraudulent, my new credit card would already be maxed out by a criminal by now. When I called All Clear about this, they said that their policy is to report it to me within 2-8 weeks. What good does even 2 weeks late do. Criminals move faster than that. Also the customer service rep from All Clear said that Credit Inquiries are reported within 24 hours. When I asked why they didn't tell me about the credit inquiry that I saw on my Experian from 2 months ago, she replied that they use Transunion exclusively. What good does that do? The criminals aren't limiting themselves to only attacking companies that use TransUnion.