AAA ID Protection

AAA ID Protection

AAA was founded in 1924 as a nonprofit federation of clubs and currently has 56 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA uses Experian ProtectMyID to provide its customers with identity theft protection. Experian provides information, analytical tools, and marketing services.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.2 8.0 Read Review
#2 8.8 9.0 Read Review
#3 7.5 7.1 Read Review
#28 3.9 5.5 Current

The Good

• Affordable Price
  • Lost Wallet Assistance
  • Identity Theft Insurance

Affordable Price

AAA offers two plans, one of which is free for AAA members and the other only costs $8.95 per month, which is relatively low when compared to prices of other companies in the industry.

Lost Wallet Assistance

AAA offers lost wallet assistance as a part of its service. Customers can securely store debit card and medical card numbers in one safe place, as well as cancel and replace cards with a single phone call in the event of a lost or stolen wallet.

Identity Theft Insurance

AAA provides its customers with up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, so customers can rest assured that they will be covered in the event of identity theft.

The Bad

• No Credit Restoration
  • Card Limits

No Credit Restoration

In the event of identity theft, AAA does not offer credit restoration services. For example, the company does not provide its customers with legal support or limited power of attorney to help restore their credit.

Card Limits

AAA will only monitor and protect up to three cards per account. Additionally, the company requires customers to manually add the cards that they would like to be protected.

Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

AAA offers affordably priced identity protection that includes lost wallet assistance and identity theft insurance. However, the company does not provide credit restoration and places a limit on the number of cards that may be monitored and protected.

View Top Rated Companies

2 AAA ID Protection Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

• User Score

March 31st, 2016 Cincinnati, OH

I have the free Protect My Id through AAA. I receive an email from Protect my ID every month telling me everything is ok. The day I applied for a used car loan, Protect My ID emailed me to say that someone had accessed my credit report. Now I would say that is extremely useful- if I had not applied for any loads or credit I would know something was wrong!

0 0
  • User Score

August 24th, 2015 West Hartford, CT

I just signed up for this service thru AAA. Shame on AAA. A far as I can tell, it is NEXT TO WORTHLESS! Most of the pages just try to sell me additional protection services. Some of the services they try to sell , I can request BY LAW FOR FREE. (The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide credit reporting companies — Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months.) Since this "service" is so poor & obviously just an ad to sell their upgraded service, I would guess that AAA is getting some of the profit. This is NOT good for the image that AAA should want to project. For the price they want to charge for "upgraded" service, there are other products that will give you better service. I gave it a 1, because it is free (via AAA) and better than nothing, but just barely

2 0