Lennox Logo
LAST UPDATED: November 18th, 2021

Opening its doors in 1895, Lennox now has a network of more than 6,000 dealers around the United States. Lennox maintains a dedication to the comforts of its customers while also paying attention to its environmental impact. Because it seeks to be a benefit to both individuals and the environment, Lennox attempts to stay on the innovative side of clean energy.

The Good

• Warranty Options
  • Online Tools
  • Experience
  • Offers and Savings

Warranty Options

Lennox provides different warranties for each its products, but potential customers can expect a warranty contract to range anywhere from five years to lifetime warranties. The range of coverage options also vary according to product, but it is highly likely that all customers will start out with a basic warranty. Other warranty options include the Lennox Extended Limited Warranty and the Complete Care Plus Extended Warranty.

Online Tools

On its website, Lennox has tools that will help every potential customer measure the financial and environmental impact of its services. The Lennox Energy Savings Calculator lets customers see how much they could be saving in energy costs by using more efficient heating/cooling systems. The solar calculator shows potential customers how much money they can save and also the environmental impact of switching to solar. Lennox also provides customers with a Healthy Solutions Finder, which helps potential HVAC customers find the best system to their health situation.

Experience

With more than 120 years' industry experience, Lennox has developed and maintaineda good reputation. Customers can trust that Lennox will provide quality service and products.

Offers and Savings

Lennox provides its customers with more than basic warranties for financial incentives. There is also a section of its website dedicated to informing customers about special deals and offers. Customers who are seriously thinking about choosing Lennox as their HVAC provider should take a look at the various deals offered on its site. The company also has a page dedicated to its various sweepstakes and giveaways.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Fees
  • Pricing Guide

Undisclosed Fees

Lennox does not disclose any information about possible fees that customers can expect. Admittedly, pricing is difficult (with the range of pricing depending greatly on location, climate, etc.), but that is not an excuse to withhold information about fees.

Price Guide

Just like other HVAC companies, Lennox doesn’t disclose price estimates on its website. Instead, it leaves estimates up to local Lennox dealers. For customers who would like a quote, you must call your local dealer to find out.

The Bottom Line

Though Lennox doesn’t disclose information regarding financing and fees, it does everything it can to make up for the lack of financial information. The amount of savings tools—whether promotional, educational, or through sweepstakes—that Lennox provides more than makes up for its few flaws. Lennox helps customers by providing a variety of warranty options, online tools to determine savings, and by a strict dedication to energy efficiency. We recommend that potential customers consider choosing Lennox as their HVAC service provider.

View Top Rated Companies

cheryl yeary Denver, CO

We just had Coopers heating and A/C install a Lennox air conditioner. It works great. It is very quiet and makes my house feel very comfortable. Sometimes it is a bit chilly but that is ok cause it is HOT outside. I love my Lennox air conditioner.

JimS. Palm Springs, CA

I moved into a 1957 house in the Palm Springs area with a 17 year old central AC unit. On leaving Costco one night was chatted up by a nice lady-in-a-box about whether I'd like a quote on a new AC unit. In the desert here, it's not uncommon for a daytime high to be 115-120 degrees in the summer (like today). I said OK-- especially since I'd just signed a contract for $28,000 of solar panels. I was contacted by General Heating and AC, and they use Lennox. I got a very reasonable quote, the unit was installed promptly, and it came with a smart thermostat that lets me access it remotely via an app on my smartphone, as well as schedule time-of-day cooling and heating periods (pretty standard). I have no complaints about the Lennox system. It's economical, it's quiet, it's easy to program, and it works. Also, I know Costco wouldn't use a contractor who doesn't use a good brand. Lennox gets good reviews, it's rated one of the top brands, and it just works. I would buy it again.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

My new system is Lennox and the price and energy efficiency of these new units is great. Decreased my bill by nearly 15-20%

Lisa Hochstetler Conroe, TX

Lennox is a well known company for Hvac systems. Ours is 8 years old. It's in a house in a hot Southern state so it runs constantly for many months out of the year and cools a 1600 sq ft home with no problems. We run it at 76 degrees and it is very comfortable. When. I found out that our Hvac system was made by Lennox, I was very pleased as they are high quality and last for years.

Autumn Lewiston, ID

Currently have a Lennox HVAC unit. It is over 20 years old and running strong. Routine maintenance and annual look over by a professional is the key.

Stephen Russell

Lennox is taking 4 weeks to replace a 3-month-old compressor on a new 4-ton unit put in this summer. Abismal performance and they don't answer the local HVAC installer request for information. If we were talking a few days I am just a spoiled customer. Sorry but this is now 29 days later and no delivery notification for the replacement yet. The temp at night does get to the mid-upper 70s by sunrise. Find another brand to save yourself this missery.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

I had a lenox unit installed in my previous home,what an upgrade from the old system,very comfortable and efficient

Julia UP Southbury, CT

Great. Those that want a balance of lower cost than a variable-capacity AC but better performance than a single-stage model. The efficiency level is right for warm and hot climates. Would recommend

Brittany Mayes Mooresville, NC

The equipment we received was great quality, however we were not pleased with the communication to the vendor and the length of time it took to receive the equipment. This may have been less frustrating had it not been 90+ degrees outside. Otherwise, the equipment works great now that it is installed.

James Houston, TX

My system was not cooling properly so I called Lennox to come check it because it was under warranty. They came out the next day and found a leak in the sealed system. Had to replace a condenser but luckily it was in stock.

Dennis Madera, CA

We replaced out two old AC units this year with 2 new Lennox units. Brian's Heating and Air Conditioning installed the units in one day (we were told that the install could last a couple days)... we were very happy with the installation. The new Lennox units work so well, they keep our home's temp at a very comfortable level without a big utility bill. We are VERY happy with our Lennox AC's!

Glen2021 Spring, TX

Love their thermostat. AC has worked great.

Jimmy tang Rancho Cordova, CA

They sold me a great hvac system that my family is enjoying no complaints bout the system. Hope to do business again in the future .

MZiegler Torrance, CA

The screen on my thermostat died, so that makes the product look really poor. I hope it is covered by warranty