Paycor

3.1

LAST UPDATED: May 20th, 2022

Paycor is an HR software company that was conceived in 1990 by Bob Coughlin. It developed into one of the largest independently owned human resource management and payroll companies in the nation. Paycor helps their clients perform better with intuitive, cloud-based technology, and payroll software. Paycor works directly with small to medium-sized businesses across the U.S. Their services include custom reporting, tax filing in every jurisdiction in the U.S., 401(k) retirement services, workers’ compensation, benefits administration, open enrollment, performance reviews and much more. Today, Paycor is a trusted partner to more than 30,000 small and medium-sized businesses. Known for delivering modern, intuitive recruiting, HR and payroll solutions, Paycor partners with businesses to optimize the management of their most valuable asset — their people.

ADP Logo
#1 ADP chevron_right
3.7
Rain Logo
#3 Rain chevron_right
3.9

The Good

• Refined products
  • Unified platform
  • Paperless solutions
  • Several functions

Refined Products

Paycor focuses on the needs of their customers by continually designing and refining their products based on client feedback to ensure their products work the way their customers want them to. Their products are mobile ready, meaning they are designed to fit any device giving their customer's freedom to access their information from multiple sources; i.e., desktop, tablet or phone.

Unified Platform

Paycor offers customers a unified platform that provides everyday efficiencies by reducing duplicate entries and opportunities for errors. Using Paycor's time tracking system, clients can ensure they have accurate employee scheduling and hours rather than a rough estimation. Managers just need to review hourly reports and approve without taking the extra detailed time making corrections.

Paperless Solutions

Paycor's human resources application offers a paperless solution for employee self-service. Employers build their plans online, and employees sign in to make their elections when they are comfortable and in their own desired environment. With Paycor, all of the company data, from training documentation to payroll processing, is contained on one cloud-based platform allowing employees to make a change to their personal information during open enrollment and have it reflected on their payroll account as well. Likewise, when reviews are completed or goals set, they can be attached to a single employee record for maximum efficiency.

Paycor's Applicant Tracking Solution allows its users to post jobs, review resumes and approve or deny hiring within one application. Workflows send notifications to recruiters, hiring managers, and even candidates. It paints a picture of where every candidate is in the hiring process. It also provides analytics to help get rid of bottlenecks within each hiring step.

Their employment screening tool is a smart and easy way to protect a company's hiring process by verifying information about employees and prospective job candidates. It's quick and easy to set up and provides options in regards to each customer's specific search constraints. The results are easy-to-read reports that paint a clear picture of who a potential hire might be before they even walk through the door.

Their Onboarding Process is a self-service portal that allows new hires to get started on paperwork before their start date. New employees can be prompted to complete all necessary paperwork, including the I-9 employment eligibility verification and federal and state tax forms. Plus, they can review employee handbooks and policies, benefits and anything else relevant before day one. Employees complete their own new hire paperwork, including adding their personal, tax and direct deposit information, then administrators can review the information and create the employees' record with just a few clicks. This way new hires can spend their first days getting up to speed and becoming productive more quickly.

Several Functions

Paycor provides integrations with 401(k) providers that ensure employees' deductions are properly sent to the provider. It streamlines the process and allows employers the opportunity to choose the provider that will give the best plan to their employees. They also empower employees and managers to maintain their personal and team information from anywhere with an internet connection. Each team member will have a login that will allow them to make their own elections creating a more natural, paperless, open enrollment process.

Their employee management software also creates an open communication between management and employees. With their product companies can create and maintain employee reviews, track promotions and manage transfers from a unified platform. Completed documents can also be attached to each employee record and reviewed as a full history over time.

They help empower employees by giving them the ability to view all paycheck details through Paycor's employee app. Employees can see earnings, deductions, payroll taxes, pay stubs, direct deposit, information about garnishments, and any other pertinent details regarding past and present payroll information. Paycor can help put employee's minds at ease and save HR professionals' valuable time by making payroll services and information easily accessible to employees.

With their announcements and company document sharing employee portals allow companies to communicate important news securely to each of their employees effectively. Content can even be customized for specific employee groups and timeframes.

With Paycor's management software employees can also log into the system from their computer, or the mobile app, to view schedules and request time off. Administrators can access balances of vacation days, sick days and PTO, review the schedule and then provide instant approval. Employees can also be granted the flexibility to clock in and out from the mobile app using the cloud-based technology.

Paycor provides personalized support and never uses a call center. Paycor representatives are available by telephone during regular business hours and online 24/7. When a company begins working with Paycor, there will be a team member assigned to work directly with them so that each customer can feel comfortable knowing they have someone on the inside that completely understands their company's unique needs and who can provide payroll and HR services that are tailored to best meet those needs.

Paycor is continuously striving to create a better user experience, so the application is updated regularly based on user feedback and suggestions. Changes and updates are made with the greatest attention to intuitiveness and usability, so the software will always be simple to navigate. Extracting information from HRIS has never been easier.

The Bad

• Customer support
  • Transparency
  • Limitations

While there is not much negative feedback from those using Paycor. However, customers have been discouraged that there is no onsite availability when setting up product and regarding customer service. All is done remotely and with a company's personal representative making it more difficult for companies that have smaller human resource staffs or have just one human resource representative to get established with the software.

Transparency

There have also been noted complaints that customer service is not what it is expected it to be. At times, instead of getting help walking through the setup process step by step customers found that they were emailed PDF files explaining how to launch different options within their product. Companies who do not have a tech-savvy foundation within their human resource department may find initiating products more challenging in the beginning as they work at finding the right representatives to help them implement their systems.

They are not transparent about their pricing online and do require a consult before receiving pricing information or a trial option. They are also not an international company at this point and would not work for anyone looking to eventually establish anywhere outside of the U.S. While being listed as best suited for small to mid-sized companies, Paycor is noted to not be the best option in terms of pricing and functionality for companies with less than 50 employees.

Limitations

Paycor does not help manage HIPAA Compliance, Recruitment, and State Unemployment Insurance as a part of their human resource database. They also have limited benefits packages when compared to their competitors. They only cover 401k and Medical Insurance while leaving off other vital plan options like Dependent Audit, FSA, HRA, Life Insurance, Premium Only Plan, SIMPLE IRA... etc.

The Bottom Line

Paycor is an intuit full-service payroll software. They quickly respond to customers needs and have the flexibility to adapt to the feedback given by clients so that their product is ever changing and evolving making it easier to use. They cover almost all human resource and payroll needs and are one of the most comprehensive products reviewed to date.

Companies, who work with Paycor, find the help and support they need to grow their business. Whether a company needs to recruit or improve their onboarding process to increase revenues or open up multiple locations and take operations to the next level, they are able to help manage the people part so that key employees are free to focus on the specialized business aspects of growth and development.

Paycor software can help their clients more quickly, efficiently, and effectively manage their most valuable assets, people. From their web-based platform which enables management of payroll and employee administration all in one application to the intuitive interface which guides customers through each step and process, saving time and optimizing the use of personnel and resources they are available to help with any and all customer needs. Paycor serves small and medium-sized companies across America to revolutionize their HR and payroll services.

For more information, see the Paycor reviews below.

1.3

Ashley Young Elyria, OH

I have used this company at two different jobs in the last several years. The best word to describe this company is inept. Why, when being prompted to input my email to recover a password for the account, does the company then not recognize the very same email that they just emailed me! I am beyond upset with this company and customer service does absolutely nothing to help.

Rhonda Pierce Morristown, TN

This is the absolute worst payroll company I've ever worked with. When calling customer service, it's a major production to get anything resolved. They find the most complicated way to solve anything (when they can actually solve it). I DO NOT recommend this, especially for a manufacturing payroll service. We have been trying for over a year to get shift premiums to calculate correctly, and still no resolve. DO NOT USE PAYCOR!!!

Mizz Hell Spring, TX

Completely inept. They have mistakenly withdrawn significant amounts of money from our company accounts, and when we try to get an answer we can only call some generic customer service number where the person has ZERO idea what's going on. There is no account rep. They could not more clearly state how little they care about their customers or customer service.

Julie Burke Charlotte, NC

My company is in the implementation process and it is awful. When you reach out to voice a concern, you are bullied and receive zero assistance. I would not recommend selecting Paycor as an HRIS or Payroll provider. You will have a miserable implementation, receive little to no assistance and be met with as much resistance as possible. Zero client support or service. Go with another company as we fully regret this decision.

David Miller San Jose, CA

This is the worst payroll provider I've dealt with in my career of over 30 years. I've been trying to change some services for two months, but have gotten nowhere despite multiple, lengthy phone calls and emails. I continue to be charged for services I've cancelled. I'm stuck in the short-term because if I block Paycor from ACH access to our bank account, it means I can't pay our employees either. If you are considering Paycor as a payroll provider, I =highly encourage you to choose any other vendor. Paycor is the worst choice.

Roseanne Siegel Falls Church, VA

Paycor is one of the worst providers I have encountered in my 30 years in HR. The service is terrible. We are currently locked out of the system because the only way to get a password reset is to have them send an email and their emails are not going through. Other firms can do a temp password reset for you over the phone in 60 seconds. I have spent hours trying to resolve this and no one at Paycor will even return my call. My IT manager has also spent hours and provided technical research and all we have been told is that we need to whitelist them, which we have done. Run away and call Paylocity instead.

Mary Houston, TX

I am sad to say I would also give negative stars if I could. I have worked with and continue to work with 2 other payroll companies and my experiences with Paycor are shameful. I honestly try not to talk to anyone at Paycor with other people present because customer service representatives are so blatantly disrespectful. Unfortunately, I had to make a call from my car this afternoon with my daughter in the car. I, of course, had emailed support but never get any responses from the support email. Mind you, I do make sure to put name and client Id in email. So I had to bite the bullet and call. I have an employee that needs employee access email resent. I wanted instructions on how to do this. I had looked in "get help" sections and had not found information I needed. Paycor representative was just downright belligerent. When I asked for instructions He said he would have to ask his boss. Why would he need to ask his boss to give me directions to do something. He explained it was because it is a self service payroll provider. Wow. I do think my request was appropriate. He was unable to accommodate the fact that I was driving and could not email link to or directions to complete this very simple task. I told him it honestly comes up a lot being a retail business with lots of turnover. He proceeded to berate me for being in my car and gave me instructions that were incorrect. I had looked at all of these screens earlier. He was adamant that I could not argue his directions because I was not currently seated at a computer. He was so condescending... did things like spell out words like "employee" because I asked if item was under employee tab. It was embarrassing to say the least and I did not even walk away from combative exchange with usable information/solution to my problem. I use this only as an example. This is unfortunately representative of most exchanges with Paycor. Thankfully I do not need to contact them often because when I do I am guaranteed, no response to email and inaccurate information over the phone. Just boggles my mind how this company persists

Pandora Brown Long Beach, CA

Terrible company. Sent here after Fidelity decided they no longer wanted to provide payroll services. Paycor handled the implementation terribly. Were not ready on our transition date. Messed up employee taxes in ways I can't even begin to understand. Additionally, they linked employee tax jurisdictions to departments for three department codes so employees paid taxes in NY regardless of where they were located. They are constantly remitting taxes late - I receive state notices constantly that something was not done. The tax services team is unresponsive. You can't speak to them directly - you have to send an email that they never follow up on. Our benefits platform implementation person disappeared for like a month, right before open enrollment, so we ended up using a platform our broker provided. When she finally showed back up, she said she'd been sick. Fine, but nobody checks your emails in your absence when you're out for weeks?!?!? Lately, the system is down almost as much as it's up. I can't think of one good thing to say about this company right now.

Mark M Holland, MI

The worst implementation ever. Had our go live scheduled for 6 months and Paycor dropped the ball at go live time. We are now live as of 1/1/22 with numerous items not yet implemented and we are being told 6-8 weeks to complete. They never mapped our G/L and can't produce a journal entry. This is crazy. Little to no support. Implementation team only emails and doesn't want to talk on the phone. Their employees are constantly quitting so we keep getting moved to someone else. There one week and no longer working for Paycor the next. STAY AWAY!

Nicholas Moyer Chesapeake, VA

Gusto is an awesome payroll service. (Terrific sales team, just the service can not deliver what is promised)Paycor promised a lot, very costly and the service is horrible!! Literally right after they get you to sign your agreement, its going to go down hill from there. We only went to paycor because we wanted to have all our employee files in a cloud where the employees can see it too. I typically can figure anything out, however with paycor the language and setup is just complicated for no reason at all. I recommend trying a different company.

Jeff Lee Town and Country, MO

As a former client, I had need of contacting them a couple of months after conversion. There was (a) a billing error and they took money from our account (b) we had a need for their address (c) we had need of locating an earlier email that they had sent, and (d) my predecessor forgot to download the final 941 before the system was shut off. I CALLED THEM SIX TIMES and wrote them five times. I called customer service (purposely designed to not take calls). NO ONE WROTE BACK. NO ONE CALLED BACK.

Sharon Heller Sunbury, OH

I wish there was a negative score you could give them. Over the years they went from a dedicated rep, to a dedicated team, to just whoever picks up the phone. Or you can email and they will assign a case number, but then never get back to you, necessitating multiple inquiries and case numbers for the same issue. Since pandemic, you spend hours (really) on hold and often the person can't figure out how to help you. Hold time today was down to 19 minutes (a big improvement, but do you really have 20 minutes to be on hold?) and the rep hung up on me when I got frustrated. She had started arguing with me about why I was getting an error that she was unable to fix- blaming me for the problem. Plus, their prices have increased steadily and are no longer competitive. I got a big jump last month that was implemented with a bunch of BS about how much better their improvements will make the service-- from what I see it's just a price grab. I have just spent two weeks interviewing other companies and will be switching in January. The prices are much more competitive, and all four vendors I interviewed make it easy to switch, so don't hesitate. I should have switched years ago. Don't go with Paycor, you will regret it.

Iraida Alicea Marietta, GA

I onboarded with Paycor back in May and feel like they pulled the old Bait and Switch. They sell you on all of these great features and the functionality of their system, and how they have A1 customer service and dedicated reps. All the features they sold me on are always experiencing issues or don't work the way the sales team told me they would. Document management somehow only works for new hires during onboarding, so if you need that, don't look here. "Pulse" their survey system, doesn't even deliver to all of our employees. About only 5% of staff received the surveys, and Paycor couldn't figure out why. Dedicated reps aren't a thing. When you call customer support about an issue and ask if there are plans to update the way they do something, the Rep argues with you and tells you that the way they do things is "the best" and that they don't base features off of what their competition is doing. Or when you go through open enrollment and their rep doesn't complete everything you need, they tell you that you have to fix everything yourself, but "they are happy to tell you how to do it." These systems are supposed to save time for HR, but I feel like I'm spending all of my time calling customer support to fix something glitching in the system. Truly regret choosing this system.

Briana Abbott Louisville, KY

I was a client of Paycor for five years. Recently and abruptly, Paycor raised my rate drastically. I decided to leave Paycor. Within fifteen days of leaving, I requested the reports for my company as I need them for tax filings and I need them for ongoing Payroll. I have sent no less than 8 emails and called to gain assistance on this. Each time, I am told to send an email to a particular email account where I get a "case number" and assurances that a representative will reach out to me. Then, no representative ever reaches out. I have even emailed contacts that I had when I was with Paycor and never receive a response. This appears to be Paycor's way of doing business. Paycor will not turn over my information. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and will unfortunately, it appears be required to file either a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General or a lawsuit to get access to the information that I am legally entitled to receive. Do not use this company. You will regret it.

Adina Calnan Moreton in Marsh, GLS

If I could give zero stars, I would. At this point, I've sent several emails, called customer service several times, and I have yet to hear back from anyone. We switched over from Fidelity, we provided updated information, went over the company set up, and were told there would be a trial run payroll. None of that happened. I was notified 4 working days prior to our first payroll run that we are going live. After checking the payroll records, I found that there was information missing, and the uploaded data was from couple of months ago. So disappointing and frustrating. We are in our 2nd week, and no one has replied to my emails, meanwhile we're being over charged. We were told a certain fee, yet, when the bill arrived, completely different amount. So unprofessional.

John Collingswood, NJ

Clean and sleek design. Emphasis on employee self service. Our broker was able to offer a turn key integration with our 401k and benefit platform. Easy to contact our service rep. We don’t get bounced around like we did at our previous company.

Jackie Gay Brookline, MA

BUYER BEWARE!!! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS SOFTWARE. Wish I could leave 0 stars. This company is unethical and horrible. It is clear they only care about Sales. Impossible to get a hold of Customer Service team and get answers for any issues. Bait & Switch technique. They suck you in and literally leave you in the dust with several issues and no support. It is honestly scary. Payroll systems are never particularly known for this ease of use but PLEASE TRUST ME AND STAY FAR AWAY. The owners of this company should go to prison for fraud.

IDR Algonquin, IL

Paycor is truly a case of "you get what you pay for". Their customer support is really hit or miss. We recently implemented the self serve HR features for our employees to be able to view paystubs, update information, etc. It has been plagued with glitches and has been a very difficult experience for the employees who have been affected by these. For example, about 115 employees (out of 300) were not assigned any access to their information. To add to this, there is no report available to see which employees did not receive access. Even after pulling multiple reports, manipulating the data, and providing a list of affected employees, Paycor has not done anything to resolve the issue (Paycor has to make the corrections on their end, so I am at their mercy). This known glitch was never mentioned during the discussions I had with Paycor regarding the self serve features and steps necessary to roll it out to employees. This is just one example of many issues that have been encountered with this. I gave them 2 starts instead of 1, as payroll does get processed correctly and a handful of the customer support people I have spoken with have been great (out rep is rarely available, which may be a blessing in disguise as she seems to know nothing).

Jane Jacksonville, FL

I have used Paycor for 9 years and love how they keep adding functionality without billing me like my previous provider did. The support we get is unmatched! Couldn't imagine using a different solution.

Maria Austin, TX

I chose Paycor for their (supposed) 360 integration with my 401(k) provider. The service was marketed & advertised to work seamlessly with my already-in-place retirement plan. Other perks that sold me on switching to Paycor included a dedicated customer support rep that would be familiar with my account, and an easy to use website. Implementation wasn't too painful. There were inaccuracies though. I manually corrected those. My first call to customer support proved that there was no dedicated rep. Maybe because the company seems to have a high rollover rate in customer service. 360 integration has been the biggest let down. Paycor admits to being unable to read the reports sent by our 401(k) provider- therefore they should not be claiming 360 integration. Their website is less interactive & customizable than ADP, and leaves room for error due to unclear commands. For instance, I'd like to put PTO time into a # of days used format... Paycor only allows a dollar amount or hours.

upnorthwi Bellevue, WA

PayCor is new to my company as they have just switched to them. I have the ability to access my check stubs and w-2 information from home and online which I like.

Brad W Willow Grove, PA

Zero support. Like NONE. You email, they never respond. You email again, and again, and again, they never respond. I honestly don't know how a company that performs this terribly has so many customers. We're in the process of moving to ADP and Paycor was nice enough to shut off our account 60-days early, even though our agreement clearly states we should have full access for those 60-days. Paycor really needs to understand the importance of support and invest in it. Clearly that is not a priority for them. A couple quick searches on Google or Twitter will show you that.

Reply from Paycor

Thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights. We understand and appreciate that the past months have not been easy, in fact it has been downright frustrating, please know our entire company is focused on righting the ship to deliver the customer support you deserve and expect. I can assure you this is 100% our entire companies focus from leadership all the way down. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Jul. 6th, 2021

Tammy B. Sellersburg, IN

My husband is in danger of losing his job because his time card keeps saying miss punch and not clocking him outveven though it says excepted on the time clock at work. He's been there almost 4 years so obviously he knows how to clock in and out. This has happened several times over the past few months so now he's out of warnings and write ups and will be terminated the next time it happens. I check Paycor.com every single day now after he clocks out and it does not say what time he clocked out and the time card online says miss punch.

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Mindy Marshall Indianapolis, IN

Customer service is non-existent. First, they got rid of the dedicated reps, which was terrible, and now you can't get a response when you reach out via the avenues that are available. I submitted an email inquiry to customer service 14 days ago and no response. The last time I submitted one, I never received a response. Trying to reach someone through the customer service line is ridiculous -- I waited 3 hours last time and finally had to hang up.

Reply from Paycor

Hi Mindy, While we understand and appreciate that the past months have not been easy, in fact it has been downright frustrating, please know our entire company is focused on righting the ship to deliver the customer support you deserve and expect. We fell down there is not getting around that. But over the last few weeks we have seen vast improvements in call times, and we will continue to see improvements. I can assure you this is 100% our entire companies focus from leadership all the way down.

Mandy Link Spring, TX

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! Trust me...the negative reviews are all true, Paycor is about selling a product and using their system. Do not expect any kind of support from them EVER...after implementation they drop you like a hot potato. You will call the support line and hold for at least 1 hour every single time, then you will try to send emails instead however will receive no responses and...after I was so feed up and asked to speak to a manager (after waiting 1 hour for a 5 minute fix) was put on hold again for for another 10 minutes until I gave up! STAY AWAY as there are many other capable providers. One other thing, they will give you a base price then once you realize you don't have access to certain items they will "add-on" you to death!

Reply from Paycor

Hi Mandy, While we understand and appreciate that the past months have not been easy, in fact it has been downright frustrating, please know our entire company is focused on righting the ship to deliver the customer support you deserve and expect. We fell down there is not getting around that. But over the last few weeks we have seen vast improvements in call times, and we will continue to see improvements. I can assure you this is 100% our entire companies focus from leadership all the way down.

Jeremy Williams Graham, NC

Solid technology with a broad base of modules to choose from. The learning management system is great. We have been a Paycor customer for a year now and getting help when you need it is beyond horrible. Wait times on the phone are 1 to 2 hours every time you call. Don’t even bother sending in an email ticket. They do not respond to those. I have been told for a year they were hiring more customer service help; however, the hold times have just continued to get worse. As I write this review, I have been on hold now for 2 hours. At the 1 ½ hour mark someone answered and disconnected. As nice as the technology is, the time it takes to get help is beyond horrible. Had I known; we would not have gone with them. It’s simply not worth it.

Jackie Hough Bloomfield Hills, MI

We have been with Paycor for about a year and a half. I like their software but their customer service is non-existent. In the last 3 months I have sat on hold with their customer service line for over an hour. Each time I had to end the call to attend other meetings. I don't think anyone works the customer service lines anymore. I had to figure out answers to my questions on my own. Now I have an issue with a garnishment and a 401-k employer match not calculating that I have e-mailed them about and it has been 2 weeks with no response. It looks like the only way to get a response is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It looks like someone is monitoring that page. I will be shopping for a new provider. Its too bad, I was hoping they would do better.

Addy Melendez Dodge City, KS

3 year client of Paycor. Enrolled in every service they offer from payroll to recruiting. Was completely pleased & gave many recommendations. Pandemic hit and they to put it bluntly SUCK! They used a PANDEMIC as an excuse to completely ditch their customer service model (why we switched to them in the first place). No help, no answers, no service...just out here paying 100k+ a year to a company that can't answer their phone, reply to an email or resolve an issue to save their life! I wouldn't recommend Paycor to anyone! They admittedly know they are terrible but have no plan to improve. Their CEO needs to go asap! Every social media platform is exploding with Paycor complaints. Sad for them...

Todd Engel Cornelius, NC

This company is terrible!! They’re irresponsible and NEVER return calls or emails. If you try to contact them (email only) you will have heartache and your stomach lining will burn before they return a call. You’ll deal with irritated employees who didn’t get paid!! The company returns won’t be done on time! I’m engaging a new company first thing when I return to my office Monday. I’ve had monies pulled for payroll but employees not receiving it. I then cash them out- again, so they have money and hand calculate the taxes. Don’t fall for the savings... you will regret working with this company!! I’ve waited it out as long as I could, but this is painful!! They’ve had there “resolution specialist” call me twice to “save the account”. I fell for it... I now have angry employees who didn’t receive the hard earned money yesterday! Trust me.... you’ll pay for it.

BN Sterling Heights, MI

One word about our experience with Paycor: HORRIBLE! If I could go back and reverse our decision to use Paycor, I would in a heartbeat. Everything we discussed during the sales portion that was promised to us did not happen and in fruition being told, "I don't know why your salesperson told you it could do that...", "no we don't have that functionality, I don't know why you were told that..." Implementation was ok, with the exception of certain things not being set up correctly and finding it out the hard way! Transition from implementation to a rep was horrible. Our "permanent" rep was useless. Customer service, useless. I honestly do not have anything positive to say about Paycor because everything that has happened to date has been a nightmare. My recommendation is to not even consider Paycor as your provider. Very unhappy.

Andrea Blue Bell, PA

ZERO - I would NOT give 1 star but this system will not allow that. Paycor promises the moon and stars and heaven above. They can't deliver on most of it. Question: Can your system do this? Paycor Salesperson answer: Yes absolutely! Reality: a few months down the road when you can't do 'that', Customer Service: Oh no the system can't do that, I don't know why the salesperson would tell you could. I did not find or vet this service, I use it - It's awful. And yes calling customer service, our "personal rep" never answers, send an email he sends a pdf. We started with Paycor mid 2019. October we started to see issues. Mostly because it was set up by Paycor incorrectly - something behind the scenes that started a cascade of events. We still have an ongoing issue since Oct 2019. It's beyond what I can write in this box. At this point Paycor is not responding, they go hot and cold. When they do respond it's lip service until they go silent again. The service appears grand, awesome, everything you could wish for...but it's not, really it's not. It's a bunch of promises and no delivery. ZERO STARS all around!!!

Dennis Chaiken Farmington, MI

I have been a Paycor customer for about 5 years or more. I left ADP to be with a smaller company that cared more. Service over the years was ok, nothing outstanding. The costs were comparable to ADP, no real savings. When I decided to sell my business in August of 2018 the nightmare started. I let paycorsupport know that the last payroll would be in the last week of August. I was told to check back end of year to get W2's and 1099's. I was never told about a $40 fee per month to keep my account open until year end processing. I checked back end of year and was told my documents would be processed soon. Then a few days later I got a message about late payment fees. They were trying to process through a closed business account. I paid them at once. I called again the first week of January 2019 to check on my year end documents. I was told I still owe money. Then I received an email from Josh H stating I owed nothing. Now this is where the stall and lies really started to happen. Double paperwork to give access to my checking account. 2 departments asking for the same thing. Now its the middle of January and I'm told they will be processed. BTW I have all of the emails to prove everything I'm writing. Received the quote to process, I approved, asked for discount because of inconvenience, none given. Supervisor Andrea K contacted me and took over for the support team. After I proved the funds were taken from my bank account Andrea approved the release of the documents. Was told they were UPS overnight on 1/31 to arrive 2/1. On 2/1 I only received 1 1099. When I asked Andrea she said the w2's were going to be delivered via Courier today, Did not have name or number of said courier. Delivery was to be by 5pm on 2/1. No delivery no response from Andrea. At 8pm that night 2/1 I received an email that the W2's (I hope) were ship for delivery by UPS on Saturday 2/2. This morning I received an email that they will be delivered by Fed Ex on Monday 2/4. All past my by law filing date of 1/31/2019. AS you can see Paycor has again not communicated, dropped the ball. Frustrated since I did everything correct as the customer. I hope to hear from someone with some type of apology and some $ refund! Do I have to keep writing BAD REVIEWS for Paycor? Dennis Chaiken Direct Optical #81796

Paul Armstrong Fishers, IN

I have 5 stores that I use Paycor for without issue for 3 years, until 4 weeks ago. They have a guarantee to deliver that means nothing, they will sell you on that guarantee but then when it is missed they will blame the courtier. They sell you on personal service and one point of contact, I have only spoken to my rep 1 time and that is because after they miss filed my withholding taxes and got my retail merchant certificate revoked. It has been 6 days since I contacted asking to speak to the tax department without a call back. I figured out how they have been mis filing and corrected with a long day at department of revenue. I could go on and on with other reasons to stay away from this company. They are great when there is nothing to do but when it hits the fan they are no where to be found.

Wes San Marcos, TX

Basically, the cons that you listed. Everything is great, until it isn't, and then it's a bunch of "This is out of my hands" or "I have to send it to this department and they'll get to it when they can". As mentioned when you have one person who is the back office, there isn't time to wait for Paycor, and it becomes quite tedious to get anything done. We were super pleased with ADP Run (DON'T EVER USE ADP WORKFORCE NOW, THEY ARE BASICALLY A DIFFERENT COMPANY AND WORSE THAN PAYCOR), but were on path to out grow it. Been disappointed with everything else thus far.

Galina

1. Payrol was not processed multiple times despite confirmation emails and reassurance from the management team. 2. The software makes mistakes: clicking ,, submit,, button does not guarantee payroll is submitted. The next day they will tell you - it has never been submitted or it was submitted late and that is why it was not processed 3. The assigned to my account representative is never available and does not respond to emails. 4. The regional manager in Florida, Bob, is very nasty and is not helpful. 5. They started using my bank Payrol account to charge for overnight delivery of ,, Payrol summary,, weekly ( without permission to make deductions from the bank account and not offering a paperless statements as an option in the beginning ) Agree with the previous review: they do not care about you as a client.

R Lee Pack Gainesville, FL

Product is fine for the most part. Online help is great for the first few months then you are referred to their online training site if you need to do anything to modify your payroll. I felt sucked in by initial great customer service then left out in the cold - to learn on their tutorial - even when I needed something done urgently. I am basically renting a program and entering data into the program and, at this point, getting no customer service.

Katherine Magee Eastport, ME

Got my W2 wrong and many of my coworkers. We found out today 02/01/2022 that it will be at least 10 days for a correct W2. Not happy at all.

Jordan Bell Orem, UT

Paycor HR software is good at what it does. However I really didn't like their app and the user interface it was a little confusing.

S.F. Memphis, TN

PLEASE LISTEN TO ME PAYCORE IS THE WORST !!!!! THE ONLY TIME YOU HAVE CONSTANT COMMUNICATION IS WHEN THEY ARE GETTING YOUR ACCOUNT SET UP. I CANCELED THEM IN 2020 HERE IT IS 2021 THEY RANDOMLY STILL CHARGE MY BUSINESS ACCOUNT

Jun. 24th, 2021

J M C Gainesville, FL

NO Customer Service !!!! On hold for hours to reach someone . Being trying now for 6months to have a W-2 corrected, still not correct and they keep passing me off and the 3 attempts they made to fix it were wrong. Pretty scary that they cant get this right !

Barbara Fallmer Des Plaines, IL

Boy, can I relate to all of these other people. Their service was doing pretty good until about November of 2020 when everything went totally downhill. Don't even try to call them - no one will ever answer the phone and, yes, you can be on hold for hours at a time. We, also, will be looking for a new payroll service for the 3rd quarter here. They messed up a payroll and hit our bank account twice but I can't talk to anyone to get this corrected. Atrocious customer service!

12Bit42 Cincinnati, OH

The customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. I can't get anyone after being on hold for several hours. I email the customer service address and never get an answer. I called my sales rep and he says he can't help and that all questions go to customer service. This is a payroll service and they do help you in any way. You are on your own with this company. Will be switching and never recommending this payroll service.

Odair De Oliveira Wesley Chapel, FL

I had no issues with Paycor until I decided to leave them. I am trying to contact them for the last 3 weeks. Their phone is not been answered. I stay on Friday for 4 1/2 hrs and still no reply. I send several emails, escalate my issue with the only person who answer the phone SALES - 3 times and still no answer. I need copies of my payroll taxes and they are not available. Not recommend their services .

Ashley Amick Fayetteville, NC

As of 02.16.2021...you CANNOT get them to answer the phone. I have been on hold over 45 minutes multiple times over the last month trying to resolve an issue with them. Only ONCE have I gotten someone to answer. It is absolutely insane.

Unhappy in Chicago Traverse City, MI

Hold times are 2hours +. How is anyone suppose to work and plan around when they might pick up the phone? The customer service is terrible. Like many other reviews, once you become a client you will be told all the things the system can't do that the salesperson told you it could. You will also have no way to get in contact with any one that can help for simple questions. The platform is so user friendly but with the lack of customer service/ support I would not recommend this to any company.

Leah Markewicz Cincinnati, OH

Can I give a 0 Star review? They are awful. I understand we are in a Pandemic...WE ARE...not just Paycor. No designated representatives, poor response times, exorbitant telephone wait time, inability to resolve via online/via email, general incompetent customer service, lack of timely follow up - it's all just atrocious. I have had 2 service tickets which simply weren't ever addressed. I have meetings scheduled with their competitors after 15 years with Paycor. I'm wasting no more time. Just AWFUL.

Jill Koob Houston, TX

I am so embarrased that I recommeded Paycor to a client. This has been the worst experience. The client was coming off a PEO and wanted to switch to Payroll service provider midyear. The client just recieved their W2s - which included the PEO compensation which is wrong. Have not been able to get ahold of service team - 3 hours on hold and multiple emails with no response! I will never recommend Paycor to ANYONE!! I'm so disappointed.

UNHAPPY IN OHIO Xenia, OH

Customer service is a nightmare. I have been reading other reviews and felt the need to vent. I to have numerous tickets with no response. When I did get thru 3 months ago I was told a supervisor would be calling me back. That NEVER happened. I have been trying for the last 3 days to get thru on the phone. I have waited over 4 hours each time. I finally gave up. When we first started with Paycor we had a designated customer service rep. When that went away due to Covid, it has never been the same. We are going to change companies. Unhappy in Ohio .

Lmc Waterford, MI

Terrible customer service! I have called 3 times in the last week and sat on hold 1 1/2 hours with no one answering. I have 3 open tickets I created without any one contacting me. I finally called and chose the new customer option s and got a live person. I was told my call would be escalated and 7hours later still no one had reached out to me. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Kylee Lietzke Blissfield, MI

Absolutely horrible customer service. If you need assistance with anything you will wait at least an hour and half on hold, if their system doesn't hang up on you. Email support is a joke. You send in tickets and emails and get confirmation and case number, but NO ONE ever responses or follows up. I've convinced all the emails go to a junk folder. The interface with the website is easy enough, but you could find that with any payroll system. I am going to be switching from them soon. If you want a company that is helpful and offers support, go elsewhere.