IceHrm is a human resource management system for small and medium-sized businesses. The software covers all the basic HRM needs of a company such as leave management, time management, employee information, and payroll reports. IceHrm is based out of Berlin, Germany and serves businesses worldwide.
- Software Modules
- Multiple Versions
- Mobile App
- Free Trial and Demos
- User Guide and API
IceHrm goes beyond core HR features to provide your HR department with the tools they need to increase productivity and efficiency. These modules include:
- Employee information management — Securely store, access, and track important employee data. The self-service option allows individual employees to input information themselves, which allows your HR manager to focus on other tasks.
- Leave management — Request, approve, and track different leave types for your company. You can create custom workflows and notifications so managers and supervisors can approve requests efficiently. IceHrm also allows you to display approved leave on employees’ and managers’ calendars so everyone stays informed.
- Time tracking and attendance management — Employees can update their timesheet and send it to managers for approval. You can also compare employee attendance against the time they spent on tasks to monitor progress on specific projects.
- Payroll — IceHrm’s payroll module helps with fast and accurate payroll processing. It pulls from the time tracking feature to make calculating overtime easier. Employees can access and download PDF versions of their pay stubs for their own records.
- Expense management — Create up to four levels of approval using IceHrm’s expense module. Approved expenses can be imported into payroll to make reimbursement easier.
- Recruitment and applicant tracking — Easily create and post open positions to job sites and social media. The recruitment module allows you to review resumes, monitor your talent pools, and update candidates and hiring managers.
- Custom forms — Create custom forms and send them to selected employees to complete and send in for approval.
- Staff training — Create and define training sessions your employees can subscribe to depending on their position. Easily track the progress and the completion of sources or sessions to ensure everyone stays up-to-date on necessary training.
IceHrm has three different versions of its software so you can select the one that fits your needs and budget.
- Open source — The open source version of the software is completely free to download, but does not include access to all the IceHrm modules. IceHrm does not provide any support for this version.
- Cloud — The cloud-based version of the software includes every IceHrm module. It is priced as a monthly subscription model, starting at $9 per month for up to 10 employees. There is a price estimator on the website so you can calculate costs for your business.
- IceHrm Pro — This version allows you to host the software on your company’s servers. It can also be customized to fit the specific needs of your business whether it’s as simple as changing the colors to match your brand or creating a new module for benefits management. Prices range from $349–$1,449 depending on the number of employees in your organization.
IceHrm has a mobile application available to download from both the Apple App Store and Google Play. Your employees can access important HR features from their phones and tablets, making it that much more convenient to use.
Free Trial and Demos
IceHrm’s website showcases some in-depth demos. Firstly, there is a 20 minute video demo where an IceHrm representative walks you through the different modules and shows you how to perform specific tasks. The audio quality is poor, but it’s clear enough to gain a good understanding of how the software works.
Additionally, you can access demo versions of both the open source and IceHrm Pro versions of the software. The website allows you to login to the demo versions of the software so you can experience it for yourself. The demos have pre-loaded data for you to interact with and test out processes.
If you’re interested in taking the next step, IceHrm offers a free, 45-day trial of its HR software. This gives ample time for your HR department to test if the software improves their day-to-day workflow before your business spends any money on the product.
User Guide and API
IceHrm’s website links to a comprehensive user guide. The guide includes instructions and screenshots on how to use every aspect of the software. The site also provides detailed information on IceHrm’s API. This allows your IT team to review the technical specifications and ensure your system is equipped to handle it.
IceHrm relies heavily on text-based communication (email, chat, etc.) to provide customer support. Text-based support can be extremely convenient, but there are also situations where it's easier to explain through speaking than writing.
The Bottom Line
The IceHrm software has all the features and tools necessary for your HR team to run effectively and efficiently. The three variations allow you to select the version that works best for your business and budget.
If you are interested in purchasing IceHrm, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of the demos and free trials. Your team can get hands-on with the software and analyze how it will impact their workload.
As we don’t yet have many IceHrm reviews, we recommend comparing it to our other top-ranked HR software companies.