Founded in 2008, BerniePortal strives to act as the all-in-one human resources software solution for small to mid-sized businesses. BerniePortal has more than 100,000 active users in all 50 states. BerniePortal’s website is easy to use and clients can access the HR platform through the mobile app as well.
- Core HR Features
- Free Subscription
Core HR Features
BerniePortal offers the core HR software features including the following:
- Applicant tracking — helps you keep track of the resumes and information about applicants during the hiring process. This type of software falls under the category of “talent management”
- Onboarding — helps you get new employees started with your business
- Benefits administration — helps you track, manage, and measure your employees’ benefits from an easy online portal
- PTO tracking — helps you track and manage your employees’ paid time off
- Time and attendance — allows your employees to clock in and out and helps you adjust timesheets and track their time at work
- Compliance — helps your company as a whole and your employees stay up to date and compliant with things like mandatory notices or anti-discrimination communication
- Performance management — helps you communicate with and give feedback to your employees
- 1094-C and 1095-C reporting — helps you increase your compliance and save time with taxes
BerniePortal offers a free subscription plan. While features of the free plan are very limited, it allows you to interact with the software before making a purchase. It’s a great way to experience the user interface and test functionality.
No Payroll Feature
BerniePortal does not include a payroll feature. The website does not provide any information on possible payroll software integrations. You will need to contact a company representative to determine if your payroll solution is compatible with BerniePortal’s software.
The Bottom Line
BerniePortal is an appealing option fro small businesses. Its all-in-one, cloud-based HR software gives employers and HR admins one simple, streamlined place to manage the full life-cycle of their employees.
From applicant tracking and hiring to onboarding, benefits, payroll, PTO, performance management, time and attendance, and more, BerniePortal can save time, reduce paperwork, and help you manage HR.
If you are interested in purchasing BerniePortal for your business, we encourage you to schedule a demo with a representative from the company or utilize the free subscription. This will give you a better understanding of the software’s capabilities and help you determine if its the right choice for you.
As we don’t yet have many BerniePortal reviews, check out our top-ranked HR software companies to see how it compares.