Based in Lindon, UT, BambooHR has been providing businesses with HR solutions since 2008. In that time, the company has experienced triple-digit growth and is one of the foremost HR providers in the nation. BambooHR features a user-friendly interface and caters to all industries.
BambooHR serves a number of well-known clients, including SoundCloud, Foursquare, Lyft, Shopify, and FreshBooks. Through its more than 25 software integrations, BambooHR provides its business clients with one of the most robustly integrated platforms in the human resources management software industry.
BambooHR strives to focus on the people behind the business. It keeps the "human" in human capital management while still diminishing the workload for the HR department. Its most prominent features reflect this goal.
- App Integrations
- Comprehensive Packages
- API Integrations
- Additional Features
BambooHR has partnered with more than 25 applications to help streamline and optimize its HR platform. Consequently, BambooHR customers will gain access to a number of app integrations:
- Google Single Sign‑On: allows employees to sign on through a Gmail account
- RightSignature™: allows users to sign documents electronically
- Small Improvements: allows users to deploy a custom feedback process for the organization
- TRAXPayroll: automated payroll, tax filing, and direct deposit
- GreenHouse: optimizes the recruiting and interviewing process
- Maxwell Health: benefits management and enrollment software
- SAML Single Sign‑On: a secure platform for authenticating authorizing data exchanges
- PayScale: provides online salary, benefits, and compensation information
- NimbleSchedule: offers scheduling, time tracking, and communication solutions
- SwipeClock: scheduling, time off, PTO, and attendance software
- OneLogin: provides sign-on and identity management for cloud-based services
- Okta: identity management and application access software
The different features of BambooHR's two service plans can be compared side-by-side:
- HR Management: benefit tracking, employee records, standard reporting, document storage, etc.
- Employee Self-Service: self-service portal, time-off management, employee directory, company calendar, mobile app (for iOS and Android), role-based access, and single sign-on
- Customer Support: email support and webinar library
- Includes All Features of Basic Plan (listed above)
- Telephone Customer Support
- Hiring and Onboarding: applicant tracking system, onboarding, offboarding, electronic signature, and training tracking
- Advanced Components: reporting, tailored workflows and approvals, custom access levels, custom email alerts, company branding, audit trail
- Integrations/Data Sharing: BambooHR open API, BambooHR Marketplace
- Employee Satisfaction (eNPS)
We like the custom API integrations available with BambooHR:
- Single Dimensional Data: add multiple custom reports and fields to streamline your reporting
- Field Types: add new field types to manage your data
- Time Off: manage your employee requests and history
- Last Change Additions: see when employees have been added, had their roles changed, or been terminated
- Webhooks: monitor the changes that you implement into your BambooHR Open API
BambooHR offers employee profiles that integrate easily into your company's directory. Profiles include employee information like social media links (LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter), contact information, job title, and a profile picture. BambooHR also allows you to program automated email alerts for benefit eligibility, employee birthdays, performance reviews, and licenses and insurance expirations-so you'll never miss an important date.
Additionally, BambooHR's platform features an employee calendar that lets you see when employees have taken time off, as well as other important events within the company. We also like the document storage available for BambooHR clients. BambooHR lets you store health forms, employee performance records, driver's licenses, and other certifications in one easy place without taking up space on your computer. Employees can then access handbooks and other resources with great ease.
- Document Storage Space
- Must Contact for Pricing
Document Storage Space
Upon last review, BambooHR's document storage for its basic and professional plans was 50MB and 100MB respectively. Larger, high-quality PDFs might start taking up this document storage space very quickly.
Must Contact for Pricing
You must contact the company to obtain pricing information based on your business's specific needs, but plans start at $4.99 per employee per month. Prior to paying for a plan, you can try out the software with a free trial account.
The Bottom Line
BambooHR provides online HR solutions to fit nearly any business in any industry, though it's ideal for small and medium businesses (approximately 50-1,000 employees). We are most impressed with the more than 25 third-party app integrations, ranging from application tracking that aids in the hiring process to payroll management.
We would like to see some project management tools built into the platform as well as clarification about its monthly prices, but overall, the functionality of this HR software package is one of the best in the industry.
HR Managers will like BambooHR's tools for people data and analytics, hiring and onboarding, compensation (payroll), and even company culture (performance management and employee satisfaction (eNPS).
For more information, see the BambooHR reviews below.