ADP

8.2

Automatic Data Processing (ADP) is a global provider of cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solutions that unite payroll processing, talent management, time tracking, tax filing, benefits administration, and other essential human resources services. ADP’s 70 years of experience has made them a leader in business outsourcing services, analytics and compliance expertise. The company has been named to FORTUNE Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for 14 consecutive years. It serves more than 860,000 businesses in 140 countries.

The Good

• Package Options
  • Good for Any Business Size
  • Free Resources
  • Accessible Customer Support

Package Options

ADP offers a variety of human resource services and software solutions. It helps both U.S. and global companies align their talent with their business goals through enhanced recruiting, development, compensation, retention, and succession strategies. Whether you’re a small business owner, the VP of Human Resources at a major corporation, or anything in between, ADP has the HR software you need.

Comprehensive HR Software

• ADP Workforce Now — This single-database solution combines payroll, talent management, time management, benefits administration, and analytics. Multiple package options allow you to select the best option for your business size and budget.
  • ADP Next Gen HCM — This comprehensive and customizable HCM platform combines cloud-based technology with data-driven insights in order to evolve and grow with your business. You will need to speak with an ADP representative for package and pricing information.
  • ADP Vantage HCM — This all-in-one, open-architecture solution is designed for U.S.-based multinational businesses. You will need to contact an ADP representative for pricing and package information.
  • ADP Enterprise HR — This HCM solution was created for businesses with 1,000+ employees. In addition to the core HR features, you can choose add-ons that fit your company’s specific needs.
  • ADP Comprehensive Services — This service combines ADP’s all-in-one HR software plus outsourcing options so your in-house HR team can focus on big-picture strategies and goals.

Payroll Software

• RUN Powered by ADP — This web-based payroll solution is designed to make small business payroll processing quick and easy. It offers multiple package options so you can select the features and price range that fits your business’s needs.
  • Wisely by ADP — This all-inclusive paycard program integrates with your payroll system. Instead of direct deposit or checks, employees receive paycards with off-cycle pay capabilities.
  • ADP GlobalView Payroll — This payroll service helps large multinational businesses deliver a compliant payroll process across multiple countries. It can integrate with existing HCM software from other popular vendors.
  • ADP Celergo — This global payroll solution centralizes your international payroll data into a single system of record. It easily integrates with HCM software from other popular vendors.
  • ADP Global Payroll — This payroll service combines features from ADP GlobalView Payroll and ADP Celergo so you can manage global payroll for any size of multi-country business. You will need to speak with an ADP representative for pricing information.
  • ADP Mobile Solutions — This mobile payroll app allows your workforce to easily access important features like payroll, time management, benefits and more. The ADP mobile app is available to download on the Apple App Store and Google Play.

Outsourcing Services

• ADP Comprehensive Outsourcing Services — Outsource payroll, talent management, time and benefits administration to a designated team of specialists. Designed for large businesses.
  • ADP TotalSource — Outsource your human resources, employee benefits, regulatory compliance and payroll tasks so you can focus on running your business. Designed for small to midsize businesses.

Other Solutions

• ADP SmartCompliance — This cloud-based tool combinatines technology and services in order to cover your compliance needs. It is organized into modules that can be customized and scale as your business grows.
  • WorkMarket — This solution allows you to manage and pay all your 1099 contractors efficiently while ensuring compliance. It can integrate into most HCM systems or cloud-based enterprise apps.
  • Compass Powered by ADP — This is an email-based assessment and coaching tool that helps organizations drive leadership development. Employees can complete assessments in less than five minutes and read coaching emails in under two minutes.
  • StandOut Powered by ADP — This talent activation solution helps team leaders engage employee’s natural talents to increase performance. It is designed to measure and improve employee engagement.
  • ADP DataCloud — This solution allows you to compare your workforce data to market averages. Averages are determined from anonymized data from ADP’s U.S. client base of more than 30 million employees.

Good for Any Business Size

With such a wide variety of package options, ADP’s software solutions have the structure necessary for large businesses, but also the personalization and simplicity small businesses desire. If you are not certain which ADP solution is right for your business, you can always speak to a representative about your specific needs and get a free quote.

Free Resources

The ADP website has a robust resource center that anyone can access. Resources include the following:

• payroll tax guides and forms to assist you with tax filing, record keeping, etc.
  • case studies detailing how different human resource solutions helped businesses maintain compliance, increase employee engagement, save time, etc.
  • webinars, blog articles, and white documents that provide helpful insight on HR services and responsibilities.
  • information and/or registration for virtual and in-person events ADP is hosting or attending

If you are on the fence about utilizing an ADP system, these resources can be an effective tool in determining if it’s a good fit for your business.

Accessible Customer Support

ADP offers customer support 24/7 with the majority of its services. Clients can contact its support offices in many ways, including phone, email, and live chat. This creates an easy and friendly client experience. The website also provides answers to frequently asked questions for both employees and administrators for simple troubleshooting.

ADP

The Bad

• Free Trial Limitations
  • Unresolved Customer Problems

Free Trial Limitations

ADP only offers a free trial on their payroll solutions which doesn't give business owners and HR professionals a chance to try out its more comprehensive and less common HR tools.

Unresolved Customer Problems

ADP is a large company that serves hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. While this speaks to the success of its products and services, it also presents unique challenges when it comes to providing customer support. Clients complain about having to call one number for tax purposes, another number for hours, another number for regular payroll, another number for customer service, etc. There is a pattern in the one-star reviews of clients feeling like they are getting the "runaround".

While ADP solutions can be used on most internet browsers, it works better with some as opposed to others. Clients need to take this into consideration before taking on their services.

The Bottom Line

ADP provides some of the most comprehensive HR software solutions on the market and is well-known as a payroll provider. It is well adapted to the market and offers a large variety of helpful options for companies of every size. It also offers packages that allow clients to pick services based on their needs. Using a good human resources software provider can help you save time and money. However, clients have complained that their customer service help lines are not as easy to use as many would like.

Overall, ADP provides a great client experience for those looking for comprehensive help with their HR management. It offers many different options that can help companies streamline their employee management systems; however, each individual company will need to make sure that they are getting the services they need.

For more information on the software powered by ADP, see the ADP reviews that customers have left below.

3.5

Anne Sainsbury Salt Lake City, UT

I enjoyed using ADP as an employee to track my hours and what not - but the app was a little difficult to maneuver. Overall, however, I enjoyed being able to use my fingerprint to login at the work place instead of having to type in the code.

Reply from ADP

Anne, We're pleased to hear that our ADP applications simplify the process for you. Should you need any help, your Payroll or HR folks can contact their ADP Service team for assistance. We appreciate your feedback! Christine/ADP Client Experience

Jul. 10th, 2021

Dave Spokane, WA

ADP has a great website with easy access to payroll information but also many other types of information, depending on how HR wants to use it, like employee information, benefits, policies, and more. I like the app too.

Reply from ADP

Dave - I am glad to hear about your positive experience, exactly what we strive for in supporting you! Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback - Christine / ADP Client Experience

Jun. 23rd, 2021

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

Their system is so easy to use. All of my documentation - Pay, year end earnings are stored through their system. I’m able to request time off directly through their site.

Reply from ADP

Hi Tiffany, Thank you for this review. We're pleased to know that you find your ADP applications easy to use and we appreciate your feedback. Kind regards, RP - ADP Client Experience

May. 17th, 2021

Diana Columbia, MD

I have used ADP since I opened my business 17 years ago, and couldn't be happier with them. I love that I can use the app to submit payroll and check reports, and knowing that taxes, etc, are being paid gives me one less thing to worry about. Customer service has been very helpful the few times I've needed to contact them. I would strongly recommend ADP!

Reply from ADP

Diana, Thank you for your longevity with us! I'm glad to hear that you find our app useful and a time saver. We aim to keep our products up to date to meet the needs of client's in today's work world. Have a great day! Pauline - Client Experience

John Hoover Attica, NY

I’m a small business owner with little experience in payroll procedures. Using ADP for my payroll needs has been on of the best decisions I’ve made concerning my business. They make managing payroll and employees so easy. All I do is enter my payroll hours and have the confidence in ADP to take care of the rest. I’m a hands on business owner with little time to direct towards tax prep and filling. With ADP I have peace of mind and time to relax.

Reply from ADP

Hi John, As a small business owner, we know your time is valuable. I'm glad to hear that ADP has made the payroll process easy for you. We appreciate you being our client. Thank you, Pauline - Client Experience

Lori McCall Denver, CO

From the start ADP has been extremely helpful and willing to address any questions or concerns that I have had. The representatives are knowledgeable and have been more than willing to teach me what ever I needed to streamline my experience. I have learned quite a few things that have really helped me offer my employees a good experience with ADP.

Reply from ADP

Hello Lori, Thank you for this positive review. I have worked for ADP for MANY YEARS and I agree. We have wonderful associates eager to help our clients. I'm so pleased to read that you've had positive experiences. Kind regards, Rick ADP - Client Experience

Stephan Lake Zurich, IL

This company was able to work on a solution. The customer service representative Ivan was very helpful, friendly and patient with me. He went threw all of my transactions to make sure there was no fraudulent charges. He also updated my profile to the correct information for me. I would not hesitate to use or recommend ADP Card Services. Great customer service!

Reply from ADP

Hello, Stephan - Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our pay card team attempted to reach out to you earlier today via email and just now via phone. We await your call back and look forward to connecting with you so we can assist! Thank you, Christine / ADP Client Experience

Apr. 22nd, 2019

Kurt Weiberth Pittsburgh, PA

ADP has provided a great payroll service for our small company. When we first set up our account, two ADP representatives met with me at a coffee shop and we filled out all the paperwork and got set up with all the states where we have employees. Because of this, the onboarding process was smooth. The payroll service and online portal have worked well and consistently. A couple minor negatives: 1. Sometimes it's hard to know what I have to handle and what ADP will handle for me. Many times they act on your behalf and take care of protocols in for each state. Other times, they're unaware of changes or tasks that need to be completed. Overall, though, they handle most everything. 2. They send a lot of emails to try and get you to sign up for other services they offer. We're a super small start up and we're not in a position to take advantage of any of these other offerings. We just want payroll, though ADP keeps on trying to sell us on more stuff.

Reply from ADP

Hi Kurt, On behalf of ADP, thank you for this positive review. It’s great to hear that the setup and onboarding process went so smoothly. I believe we would pretty much always act on tax issues, when we can, as long as we get notices from the agencies. It’s possible some notifications are not coming directly to ADP from some jurisdictions, which could explain some of that discrepancy. This is, of course, pure conjecture on part, but please be sure send in tax notices upon receipt to make sure nothing is missed. If you’re certain you’ll never want additional product offerings, it is possible to add you to a Do Not Contact list, your ADP Service Team should be able to assist with this. Don’t hesitate to contact us, if this is the case. Thank you for being our client! Kind regards, Rick ADP – Client Experience

Apr. 18th, 2019

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

ADB\P is unsurpassed for human resource systems. From pay and benefits to managing personnel information. It is an industry leader and frankly covers all our business needs in a comprehensive way. Our company is incredibly satisfied with ADPs support and service.

Reply from ADP

Hi Eddie, Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. At ADP, our goal is to meet our client's needs in every way so you can concentrate on your business. Regards, PD - ADP/Client Experience

Brian T Ormond Beach, FL

ADP has been great at handling not only my payroll for the last several years, but my worker’s comp insurance as well. Their representatives have been helpful whenever I’ve needed them. They are a tremendous part of my business.

Reply from ADP

Hello Brian, On behalf of ADP, thank you for this positive review. It's nice to see that you're taking advantage of multiple ADP product offerings and they're working out well for you. We appreciate your business. Kind regards, Rick ADP - Client Experience

Elena O Folsom, CA

The company is very responsive and attentive. As a small business owner, my payroll had never had any issues. Whenever I need attention, customer service team is resourceful and very helpful. I would most certainly recommend ADP.

Reply from ADP

Hello Elena, I'm pleased to read that our associates are taking great care of you, our valued client. Thank you for being our client. Kind regards, Rick ADP - Client Experience

Tint Amercia Boynton Beach, FL

A pleasure to deal with. We came to ADP after a very bad experience with another Payroll company. The set up process was simple and our ongoing payroll processing has been easy. Any questions were addressed in a timely manner and very professionally. We would recommend ADP to everyone!

Reply from ADP

On behalf of ADP, thank you for this positive review. I'm glad to hear that ADP has simplified your payroll processing. We appreciate you as a client. Thank you, Pauline - Client Experience

EVELIN UMANZOR Rockville, MD

For the most part ADP is a great payroll company. Anytime I have questions they are available and the answer. If you have a case they working on, they follow-up with you. Very efficient company. The only took off a star because for some reason they can't get our PTO hour reflect our employee paystub and I wish they have more options available for schedule. Other than that, great customer service!

Reply from ADP

Evelin, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback about our service! I would be happy to have someone from your Service team reach out to you to see if we can't help with the PTO issue. Thank you, Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Louise Sutherland Woonsocket, RI

Its easy to do payroll. Its easy to make changes, do direct deposits and more. Help is always available. I do a special payroll every year I call to make sure I am doing it right. Price did change but not often good about that.

Reply from ADP

Louise, We are so happy to hear this feedback. Easy & effortless for you is truly our goal. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Nora Mireles San Antonio, TX

We have used ADP for several years now and I feel confident that we made the right choice. They guarantee processing correctly and take the pressure off of me making sure the payroll taxes get paid and that our employees receive their pay checks on time. I love the ability to process payroll where ever I am.

Reply from ADP

Nora, I am glad to hear about your positive experience, exactly what we strive for in supporting your business! Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback! Thank you, Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Robert Shreeves Laurel, MD

I was with ADP for 3 years. What they do is good. But owning a small construction co. that hires hourly employees, ADP can be difficult. I was with Compupay before and liked them better. ADP requires you to receive their checks, so you cannot write you own checks using ADP. Compupay let me write my own check's and just did the taxes and w2 filing with state and federal. I do believe that ADP is good for a co. that has everybody on salary.

Reply from ADP

Hello Robert, Thank you for the feedback. We do provide payroll services for 10's of thousands of clients who have both exempt and non-exempt employees and have multiple platforms available to meet client needs. I'm sorry that you were misinformed, but ADP RUN does allow clients to provide their own checks and process through payroll, if they choose to. RP - ADP Client Experience

Jan. 9th, 2020

The Handy Family Victor, NY

We have been with ADP for a couple of years and are very happy with their service. They outperformed the other companies we previously worked with in ease of running payroll, reports, and other features.

Reply from ADP

Hello Handy Family, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm glad to hear that we our giving you a great product at a great value. Thank you, Pauline - Client Experience

Ora Goldman Boulder, CO

I have really enjoyed working with ADP. ADP has been professional, well-informed and helpful everytime I have needed to call them for help. The only reason that I dinged them by 1 star is because I made a mistake at the end of year payroll and correcting it was phenomenally expense.

Reply from ADP

Hello Ora, On behalf of ADP, thank you for this positive review. I'm sorry to hear of the one bad experience, but pleased to learn that the overall service has been so positive that you remain our loyal client. Kind regards, Rick ADP - Client Experience

Gabriel New York, NY

We are a small non-profit organization and the services provided by ADP - in our case payroll - are crucial. We are able to prepare and pay our paychecks with three simple clicks.

Reply from ADP

Hi Gabriel, Thank you for submitting this positive review for ADP. It's great to see that you find processing your payroll with ADP is an easy process. Please know that our ADP Service Reps. are here to help if more complicated issues ever arise. Kind regards, Rick ADP - Client Experience

Apr. 18th, 2019

Dean Gekas DDS Cockeysville, MD

Sales person pitched low cost and easy integration with our retirement plan (simple IRA). Once service began, I had to repeatedly call and receive my contracted fee for payrolls run. They never honored our price and continually overcharged while extracting funds from the company checking account. On 3 accounts there was an $88.00 charge that stated ADP tax. When questioned, no one had a reasonable response as to what the charge was, it never went towards a tax payment. Never credited. THE REAL ISSUE. ADP NEVER informed me they were not sending IRA funds to our broker as well as my matching funds ( I was told they had no problem integrating this by my sales person). Once the quarter was reconciled I realized they never balanced their payroll summary with what actually was withdrawn from the bank. Now I have to deal with the IRS and make a bulk payment, make the matching payment, pay interest on monies not gained, and pay an IRS penalty. This all because they never told me I needed to use THEIR services/broker for retirement services. This would have been helpful to know on the front end. Bottom line, sales people procure business then you get inundated with calls, emails etc. to purchase more services. THAT is their business model. STAY AWAY !! I switched to Onpay services. 1 fee/ month plus $2.00 per direct deposit. Perfect for small businesses. BTW it says 2 stars for everything below, I enter 1 star for all but quality of service but program auto changes to 2 stars.

Reply from ADP

Hello Dr. Gekas, I'm sorry to hear of these challenges. I would like to have an ADP Relationship Specialist reach out to you to discuss your concerns. I was able to locate your ADP account by your name. I understand that it may well be too late to win back your business, but we'd like to learn from your experience. Kind regards, Rick ADP - Client Experience

Apr. 10th, 2019

Lorry Sorgman,EA,MST,USTCP Newton Center, MA

I see ADP as an extension of my accounting practice and I refuse to work with clients who don't understand that ADP does a better job, more efficiently and more effectively than any accounting firm. I like the impound features of the tax withholdings and I do not have to worry about my clients getting into trouble with uncle Sam.

Reply from ADP

Lorry, We truly appreciate your business and your confidence in us! So glad to hear about the positive experience - exactly what we strive for in supporting you & your clients! Christine / ADP - Client Experience

LUIS A NINA Melville, NY

Experience has been mostly good overall. Main issues have pricing and lack of support for specific legislation in NYC in our case (PFL, Predictable Scheduling, etc.) Also at times going through too many different departments for an answer makes the overall service seem too segregated.

Reply from ADP

Luis, Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. I would be happy to have a member of your Service team reach out to review the items you mention! Thank you, Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Jenniferann Congilaro Fairport, NY

Always helpful when I call no matter the time of day or the issue. I have been very pleased with their customer service, and we really like the Workman's Comp pay as you go policy.

Reply from ADP

Jenniferann, I am glad to hear about your positive experience, exactly what we strive for in supporting your business! Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback! Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Richard Mark Vladimir

I had a very good experience with ADP for the last several years, I process almost all of my transactions on their website and it is very easy to navigate. When I contact ADP about obtaining tax forms for example, they provide me with all the information that I need while I am still on the telephone.

Reply from ADP

Richard, Our goal truly is to make it an easy experience for you! Thank you for the feedback! We truly appreciate your business and your confidence in us! Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Peggy Lennon

Have NEVER experienced a problem. Payroll is processed in a timely manner, taxes are filed promptly, and W-2s are issued faster than we ever get them out when handling payroll in-house.

Reply from ADP

Peggy, So glad to hear about your positive experience - glad to hear we are able to make your job easier. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback about our service. We appreciate your business! Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Dr T Reed San Diego, CA

I have used ADP for 25 years and they have always stood behind their product and their sales team. The sales team made a small mistake when I transferred from paychecks and ADP stood behind them and honored the price!

Reply from ADP

Dr. Reed, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your support, your business & your longevity with ADP! Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Brittany Cleva Dallas, TX

one of the best things about adp is the mobile app. this allows for the employee to have pay stubs and w2s right at their finger tips! we can also put links to health insurance apps and 401k sites on the dashboard so that we aren't constantly requesting new id cards etc...

Reply from ADP

Brittany, So glad the tools we provide for your employees have made your job easier! Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback - We appreciate it, and your business! Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Teresa Moppins Fredericksburg, VA

ADP helps me run my business in a more professional and reliable way. They keep me from worrying about my payroll taxes and keeping up with all the HR changes. I love their services.

Reply from ADP

Teresa, I am glad to hear about your positive experience, exactly what we strive for in supporting your business! Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback! Christine / ADP - Client Experience

csimm Melville, NY

ADP outsources their customer service to the Philippines, India and who knows. They have departmentalized the company so departments have access to only part of customer account information. Errors and changes in my experience are generally not correctly changed on the first attempt but compounded by additional errors by the ADP reps. It is disconcerting to see numerous debits and credits from our firm account that still due not accurately reflect the payroll transactions. One example; a change in direct deposit. The ADP rep (from the Philippines) had a real check generated, a direct deposit to the old account, a direct deposit to the new account and numerous debits and credits to our payroll account for the checks and taxes which did not in the end add up correctly. Another example, we voided 2 checks for 2 wks pay and reissued 2 checks for 1 wk pay. Debits and credits never reconciled correctly. Another example, a change in 401k withholding - put in as a 401k loan. Debits and credit also did not reconcile - no credit for change in taxes was issued in the bank account.

Natalie Drewery ,

ADP has always been the timecard service for my working professions and have loved the program! Super easy and user friendly. Love the newest addition to still be able to clock in and out when they are doing updates.

Reply from ADP

Hi Natalie, thank you for this positive review. Really pleased to hear that our TLM Services are working well for you. We appreciate the positive feedback. RP - ADP Client Experience

Sep. 4th, 2020

Michael Knapp Philadelphia, PA

No customer service at all. During difficult Covid -19 times as a small business owner I needed to terminate my 401k plan. Employees needed their distribution and as a business owner I could not afford the monthly fees. I was told and verified that ADP had the ability to waive the $1500 termination fee if I terminated the plan. Jorge a supervisor with ADP made the decision that ADP not waive the fee, however during a conversation with a previous company rep a supervisor verified that the fee would be waived. Very cold no empathy, just worried about their $$. Wish I would have seen their 2.0- rating on Google before using them. If you are a small business owner, avoid them like the plague.

Reply from ADP

Michael, I am very sorry to hear this. We at ADP are working very hard to accommodate our clients' needs during this very challenging time. Upon receipt of your review, I escalated this matter to management in our Retirement Services group and understand this matter has been resolved to your satisfaction. Should you need anything else, please let us know. Thank you, Christine / ADP Client Experience

May. 15th, 2020

Michelle Grove City, PA

We started with them June 1 2019. We had a bad experience with ADP, from day one we had tax errors, numerous amendment issues, unpaid taxes and penalties. We stopped service Feb 2019 after having to block our bank accounts due to unauthorized transactions for “amendments”. It took months to get an answer as to where our Jan and feb 2020 taxes are, only to be told in April 2020 they have w/h some taxes due to another amendment, but they never told us?? It has been months, we have never heard anything from them regarding any amendment or otherwise. We have since heard and read bad reviews, local and otherwise but unfortunately too late. Very unprofessional, unorganized and untrained.

Reply from ADP

Michelle, I am very sorry to hear this. Upon receipt of your review, I escalated this matter to the management team who oversees your account and understand they are working with you on this matter. Should you need anything else, please let us know. Thank you, Christine / ADP Client Experience

May. 15th, 2020

Super Steph Taylor, MI

If I had a choice I would not affiliate myself with them. They will cost you thousands. For a payroll company, you would think they could do math or that tax withholding would be second nature. Speaking to a representative is almost impossible unless you have your employers ID number and they give you permission. Problems will still continue and the representative I spoke with was not only not knowledgeable, but insulted me. Definitely far from professional. If you want to be fined from the IRS, be treated poorly, and cause stress and issues within your company- this would be the resource for you.

Reply from ADP

Hello Steph, I am sorry to hear of your experience; I can assure you this is not representative of our service. I would be happy to have this situation reviewed by a service leader in your processing center. To do so, please provide me with your company name, client identifier, and your contact information by responding via Private Message on this site. Once I have this information, I will be happy to have your concerns reviewed. Thank you, PD - ADP/Client Experience

Apr. 9th, 2020

Adelina Samuels Roslyn, NY

I don’t have anything positive to say about their performance levels. Ever since I have solicited their service, it was nothing but a nightmare! Their negligence to client’s needs cost my business money. ADP failed at easing the process of handling my company finances and tax responsibilities; which is why I have hired the ADP. They became too big and too busy for their clients. Waiting time on the phone call for an easy quick question is always more then 40 minutes. It’s extremely inconvenient. Additionally, they have a lot of agents who handle your case and one agent could give you a completely different information from another.

Reply from ADP

Adelina, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I will escalate these concerns to the management team who oversees the servicing of your account, to research & provide feedback internally as needed. They will contact you with any questions. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Thank you, Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Michael Maus Charlotte, NC

Employees cant change their login info on their own. So every week expect to be bombarded with a line of employees that need their password changed because they cant change their passwords on their own to get their online pay stub. Also be aware that if you leave ADP...24hrs after your service ends...YOU HAVE NO ACCESS TO ANY PAST RECORDS. You want your last pay stub before you switched from ADP?, has it been 25hrs since you ended your service? Yes it has...ok then nope you get nothing...you want last years tax info...nope...You get nothing. Want to have your employees call the support phone number to get help...nope. There is no phone support for employees. They have no ability to talk to a live person about anything. You have to do EVERYTHING for EVERYONE. What a joke! But they do have a nice user portal design...so I guess you can look forward to that.

Reply from ADP

Although we understand the inconvenience of employees who have password trouble, at ADP we take the security of personal data very seriously. It is also due to security reasons why we don't allow employee's to contact ADP directly for data. Contractually, our clients (the employer) maintains this control.

Jan. 9th, 2020

Jessi Eden Prairie, MN

ADP service is horrible. Our initial implementation team was completely not collaborative. They made assumptions which caused set up errors and then did nothing to help us fix them. Once we moved to our account manager she is very nice but forgetful and clearly lacks knowledge necessary to answer basic questions. Additionally she doesn't seem to be up to date on the internal ADP processes. Telling us we have to go through her to set up earnings and deductions after the new release specifically calls out that you now do not have to do that. We have now started moving to the comprehensive service model and the implementation project manager is terrible. She is defensive, continues to answer all questions with a stock answer rather than providing explanation and does not provide requested or promised items. I could write off one bad experience as a bad apple but all of the reps we have had being terrible makes me unlikely to ever use or recommend ADP in the future.

Reply from ADP

Hello Jessi, I'm sorry to hear about your situation and this is not the experience we expect you to have. We would be happy to investigate this further, to do so I'll need more information from you. Please Private Message me using this site as much of the following information you can provide: your full name, your contact information, your company's Federal Legal Name, Employer ID Number or other client identifier. Thank you, PD - ADP/Client Experience

Oct. 16th, 2019

c Saint Paul, MN

They are the most incompetent careless company. I spent hours on the phone with the reps who don't seem to care about resolving the issues and I am still trying to clean up the mess created by their mistakes. I have to talk to different reps every single time I call and they don't have a follow-up. Got fined by the state because of their lack of care and delay. They also try to push products/services on you and waste time talking about it. Does ADP require their employees to be incompetent and careless? It's clearly evident that ADP does NOT care about customer care. I'm sick and tired of trying to resolve issues because of ADP's mistakes. If I could, I would give them ZERO star rating.

Reply from ADP

I am very sorry to see the experience. I would like to get this to our service leaders to address all concerns. Could you please private message us your company code, company name and region as they show on ADP documents? Thank you JC

Aug. 12th, 2019

Roger

I work with a state agency for unemployment insurance. We regularly get power of attorney forms from ADP through normal channels, so we can speak with ADP on their clients' behalf. No problems. If there is no power of attorney on file, they willingly send it through the normal modes of operations. However, every time I receive a call from a Kevin (maybe a mid- level manager from the San Dimas office), we don't have a POA for a particular client and he throws a tantrum if we don't give him their clients' unemployment insurance account number and rates for the year, citing privacy issues. Then, he tries to expedite the POA process, when the are hundreds of other businesses who are willing to wait their turn.

Reply from ADP

Sorry to see this. If you have the persons full name please do send to us via private message so that we can reach out to them for coaching. JC

Aug. 7th, 2019

JP Mesa, AZ

We are a small business and we hired ADP to do our payroll for 2 employees. When they sent us our W2 forms for the tax year of 2018 they had one of the employee's social security number wrong. I called and made them aware of this error and I double checked the W4 forms we submitted to them when we first hired them. All numbers were correct. Having the wrong social security number on a W2 tax form is a serious mistake. They reissued the W2 with the correct social security number and then they charged us for correcting their own mistake and debited our account without our permission to do so. When I called ADP to try and clear up this matter, the manager that I spoke with, Brandon B, said that he could not help me because it was not his job. He transferred me to client services which could not help me either. I do not and will not ever recommend this company to anyone. Whenever I would call to ask a question, I had to wait on hold for over an hour sometimes just to talk to someone who didn't know anything and couldn't help me.

Reply from ADP

Hi JP we are sorry to see your experience with us. If you could please private message us your name, company name, company code and region as they appear on ADP documents we will have the appropriate service leaders reachout to you to address. JC

Jul. 26th, 2019

Grant S Vancouver, WA

I would like to start this out by stating that the positive reviews on here cannot be real. You see the average words per review is so few compared to the negative reviews. I hope those who read these can see this. We are a CPA firm who was contacted in December of 2018 by ADP to outsource our payroll to them through a wholesale offer beginning in January of 2019. We decided to give it a try which is by far the worst experience we have ever had. The reason we decided to use ADP was they said they could handle multiple jurisdictions easily because we border two states and our clients send employees to two states. In the end they couldn't easily handle multiple jurisdictions. The process to get "on-boarded" was horrific spending as much as 10 hours on the phone a day, working 40 hours a week ONLY with ADP constantly pointing out their mistakes. They would incorrectly input tax rates or just completely make them up. YES, MAKE THEM UP!!! A few mistakes are understandable, but mistakes on every single client is unreal. I spent more time reviewing ADP's work for mistakes than anything else. After I thought everything was good to go, now I become tasked with entering all the data. I was told everything would be streamlined, which definitely was not the case. After one month of continuous errors and fees incurred for these errors such as incorrect bank account numbers which were input incorrectly by ADP staff and were hidden from review, we decided to fire ADP. We were told that all fees incurred would be waived by ADP since they were solidly aware of all of their errors. We thought that would be the end of the errors, but oh were we WRONG! We submitted termination papers per ADP policy for all clients prior to the deadline but were still charged the monthly fee which we were told would be waived already. This meant more time on the phone trying to figure out why ADP is charging us for services we are not using. Eventually they cleared the charges. Now into March, we receive another invoice stating charges for clients who have not used the service since January 2019. After spending more time on the phone with them, they were able to see the charges and eventually reverse them. Now into May 2019. I remind you that all clients have been "officially" terminated from ADP in January and again "officially" terminated in February and again "officially" terminated in March. ADP illegally and without any authorization, since all clients have been "officially" terminated, debits money from our clients account. ADP TOOK MONEY FROM A BANK ACCOUNT THEY HAD NO AUTHORIZATION TO DEBIT! We are still currently dealing with this situation as ADP says they debited it and remitted it to the state at the state's request. Oregon State does not request funds from a third-party ever, especially without contacting the actual client and especially when the account has been in positive balance for years. ADP then backtracked and said it was not an invoice from Oregon but that the funds went to Oregon so we will have to get them from them. ADP has missed the point about ILLEGALLY taking funds. Whether funds are accessible, it is still illegal to move funds without authorization. Our next step is to contact a lawyer. I hope other's read through the 1 STAR Reviews on this site and all the other sites this is published and if you still decide to use them. Good luck.

Reply from ADP

Grant, I am very sorry to see your concerns. We would like to assist you in addressing. Could you please private message us with the name of your company, company code and region as they appear on any ADP documents and I will have our service leaders research and address. Sincerely, jc

Jul. 15th, 2019

david

they suck. the customer service is garbage. ive gotten the run around for over two weeks and can't access my funds. they are doin a terrible job of sending the checks to help but they havent shown when they said they would. and im not talking just one day. It's been a few days since i should have received my checks. Ive even talked to a supervisor and they said there is nothing they can do. this is sad. this is after they cancelled my card without an email or any type of notification that there may be fraudulent charges on the account. I verified the charges were correct but they cancelled the card any way. Im thinking heavily about finding a lawyer to help settle this for more than what is on my account. this is the worst company ive ever had to deal with. BY FAR!! this isn't all of it. i am just tired of typing and over all this bull!

Wendy

I called on May 9th, and talked to Carol M, I requested she update our checking account due to fraud on our checking account. I sent her the voided check to update and asked if I need to call to make sure it was done to which she replied." that is not required" . Well, lo and behold I get the payroll checks 2 weeks later May 23rd, and Ms M failed to update the checking information for our payroll checks. When I called and talked to customer service rep Mike, he basically told me " to bad, so sad" we can send you payroll Saturday or Tuesday and no you can’t talk to a Supervisor because we do not have any here working" . Now this morning, they call to tell me , “we just wanted to tell you, you can’t have your payroll today, anything else we can do for you ?” Took 30 minutes of my time for a bunch more lies, this time from Juan, who claimed to be “ Carole’s Supervisor”. He apologized for her not doing her job, but again, “ there is nothing I can do”. They seriously need to take responsibility for all of their “ mistakes “ and make things right . Their dependability rating is a zero. THEN on top of that.. I received a call and a letter from the Tax OFFICE, that ADP did not file and pay the employment taxes they collected from us. When I called to see what the issue is, I was told someone will get back with me in 10 days to 2 weeks, sorry. If they didn’t pay my taxes, where is all the money they took from our account for the taxes. There is no customer service with the company..

Reply from ADP

Wendy, I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to help. If you could kindly - via PRIVATE message - send me your company name, contact information and/or ADP Client Code, I would be happy to coordinate follow up on this for you. Thank you, Christine / ADP Client Experience

May. 29th, 2019

Juanita Medina Philadelphia, PA

I have been doing business with ADP for 19 years. They are reliable and have great costume service. I will not change them as long as I have my business.

Reply from ADP

Juanita - Thanks for the vote of confidence! We appreciate your support, your business & your LONG partnership with ADP! Thank you, Christine / ADP Client Experience

May. 29th, 2019

EKoehler Little Silver, NJ

Outstanding customer service. Issues are resolved quickly - questions answered promptly and courteously. They are a great resource and partner for our business.

Reply from ADP

Hello E. Koehler, On behalf of ADP, I thank you for this positive review. We strive to take the work out of managing your human capital, generally the most important investment of any business, so you can focus on the revenue generating aspects of your business. Kind regards, Rick ADP - Client Experience

Ashley Atlanta, GA

Our company chooses to use ADP to complete payroll services, with the new update we have experienced numerous issues. Every time that support is contacted to resolve these issues the representatives are very sarcastic and rude. It seems pretty clear that they do not care about their customers OR how they speak to them. If this happened once or twice I would not be writing a review but this is consistently every time we call for support. It is bad enough that we cannot access what we need on the website we pay for, being talked down to when asking for help just makes it that much worse. Would love to see customer service improve.

Reply from ADP

Ashley, I am very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to help. If you could kindly, via PRIVATE response, confirm the company legal name and/or ADP account # for me, I will get right to work on this for you and get the right folks engaged on this end to assist. Thank you, Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Jan. 3rd, 2019

Bill B. Buffalo, NY

Easy to use website. Great reporting tools. Solid and quick customer service whereby the folks answering the phones have correct answers to questions raised.

Reply from ADP

Bill, Thanks for letting us know we are hitting the mark! So glad to hear about your positive experience. We appreciate your business - Christine / ADP - Client Experience

Carol Rogers Pikesville, MD

When I have a problem the customer service persons are great - but it seems there have been some glitches with the upgrade of 'the software', as I have been told several times recently.

Reply from ADP

We appreciate the feedback, Carol. I have not heard anything about the glitches you refer to but I would be happy to have someone look into it. Thank you, Christine / ADP Client Experience

Brandon Barrow Capitol Heights, MD

I am having the most trouble getting my money back from this company. Because someone stole my card and used it. Now there tell me they can’t give me a Provisional credit so I can keep my stuff in storage. They are not concerned at all about my issue. They transfer me to a supervisor that can’t do ANYTHING to accommodate me. They tell me I have to wait on a paper that takes 10 business days to arrive. My storage is due on 9-11-2018. I ask them if they can fax me the paper I’m suppose to sign they said no that can’t be done. But I can fax the paper back to them once I receive it. It seems like all the steps they are taking to get me my money back seems like a stall tactic. I am very upset 😡 with this company. I do not recommend anyone use them at all. Unless of course you have time and money to waist

Reply from ADP

Hello Jeff, I am sorry to hear of your experience; I can assure you this is not representative of our service. I would be happy to have this situation reviewed by a service leader in your processing center. To do so, please provide me with your company name, client identifier, and your contact information by responding via Private Message on this site. Once I have this information, I will be happy to have your concerns reviewed. Thank you, PD - ADP/Client Experience

George Los Angeles, CA

ADP is the the worst of the worst indeed! ADP makes its own rules and regulations and it does not take responsability for its own actions. calling adp does take you anywhere for its employees are negligent and incompetent just like ADP itself. I lost the Aline card where all of my wages were and the only way to acess them was through a paper check that came along the aline card in the same envelope and that ADP had to validate in order to redeem the check- I called ADP and ADP itself validated the check so I went to deposit the check into my bank's atm but sevaral atms rejected the check then I called ADP who assured me that there was not any issue with the check. Later, a bank associate helps me out with the deposit process and the bank associate assures me that the check would only take one business day to be cleared. I was in for a great surprise the next morning for when I check BOFA's app; there was an announcement that said that the check's funds would be realised in 12 days so I called and called; I even showed up to the branch to no avail since BOFA refused to give me the check or to expedite the deposit process. Back then I had just given ADP the first warning because ADP had caused another major issue and I was in communicating with someone in a high level position from ADP. Therefore, I had this woman help me out to sort things out with bank of america and we had a conference call with BOFA. I was put on hold with background music and when I got conected; this ADP representative was already talking to the bank and everything was fruitless so I request to be transferred to a bank manager and the background music comes again- once again, this adp woman was already talking to the bank manager by the time I got conected and this talk proved to be useless since nothing was solved. The bank manager gave the most ridiculous excuses and made a pitch tone when she said "by law". When we got disconnected from the bank; this adp representative says that the bank had the right to seize the check but the actions of this woman were misleading. Therefore, I called the bank many times and the different bank assosiates were consistent that the one causing the delays was ADP and how long it would take for the funds to be realised was ADP itself. Because all of my wages were in that Aline card and because ADP intentionally detained my funds for 12 days; I became indebted with credit that a third party granted and that I was forced to take since I was left without any money for 12 days. This situation also forced me to give bank of america a warning which I did to prevent that bank of america and ADP join hands and also to prevent that bank of america would endorse ADP's lies. During my predicament, I also called ADP and two times two different ADP employees made fraudalent claims saying "you cashed the check" when the funds were intentionally delayed and the last time I called an ADP employee said that the matter had already been resolved by ADP internal affairs and no further comments were needed so in other words ADP thinks that it does not owe me an explanation for its misleasing actions that caused many troubles and which put me in a great predicament. ADP'performance is unacceptable and its actions are questionable.

Mia Hernandez Tempe, AZ

my company uses adp and i could honestly say its really good everything is super easy to get to i usually dnt have any problems navigating and overall its pretty self explanatory

Reply from ADP

Mia, Our goal truly is to make it an effortless experience for you! Thank you for the feedback! Christine / ADP Client Experience

Dec. 18th, 2018