- Positive feedback
Sleep Inn aims to provide midscale guests with a slightly higher-quality atmosphere and design space than its fellow midscale hotels. They offer guests an affordable, simply stylish experience.
Sleep Inn is 100% Smoke free, which is great for non-smokers and guests with allergies.
They also offer:
- free Morning Medley breakfast
- in-room coffee and newspaper
- Oversized work area
- Over 350 locations worldwide.
- Choice Privileges rewards program and Commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Free parking
Most customers agree that the Sleep Inn offers a reasonable cost. They also agree the staff is friendly, accommodating and makes their stay valuable.
Positive guest feedback includes:
- comfortable beds
- clean rooms
- nice helpful staff
- close to subways in a safe area
- flat screen tv
- lightning fast wifi.
- HBO and tv channels that actually work
- Cost is about $20 more a night than the cheapest hotels in the respective areas but customers get a huge bump in comfort and service.
- heater/ air conditioner was actually quiet with temperature controlled by wall mounted thermostat.
- Sleep Inn Hotel locations are in convenient, high traffic areas, with metro transportation in walking distance. Also close to interstates for drivers.
- Guests found it easy to order takeout food from local delivery restaurants to their rooms.
- Brand consistency
Sleep Inn accommodations are typically said to be 'average' and 'basic'. Brand consistency seems to be an issue, since guests report experiences at different hotels in different places as contrary to what is advertised as standard. The brand promises certain amenities that seem to fall short in practice.
Amenities such as reasonable pricing, a designer space, comfortable rooms, large work spaces and free breakfast appear to have a few caveats, such as:
- Sleep Inn charges both a daily "safe with limited warranty" fee and a daily "hotel services fee," neither of which are disclosed in the estimate emailed from ChoiceHotels.com. The fees typically total in the ballpark of 3-4 dollars per day
- eating area was very crowded In fact, the size of the room makes it very difficult to get to the food. Seating was very limited.
- rooms are too small
- the sliding doors for the toilet/shower need actual handles so guess can close them all the way for some privacy
- rooms don't have a tub, only a stand-up shower
- the free newspaper is a local paper that seems a little "too" local with very little national news coverage, even on the front page.
If customers are traveling with pets, chances are Sleep Inn won't take them. To find a specific Quality Inn hotel that does accommodate pets, one has to search the Choice Hotel.com website under the category 'pet-friendly hotels.'
Also to be noted is that promoted amenities are typical at most United States hotels but not guaranteed. Additionally, amenities will vary at International locations.
The Bottom Line
Overall, Sleep Inn is satisfactory for the basics of a clean room, a good night's sleep, a free hot breakfast and proximity to major highways and public transit. They deliver on sensible prices. Guests consistently have good experiences with staff and feel they got what they paid for.