Sheraton Logo

6.7

The origins of the Sheraton Hotels and Resorts date back to 1933 when two Harvard classmates, Ernest Henderson and Robert Moore, purchased a hotel in Massachusetts. Four years later, the pair purchased the Standard Investing Company in which they operated and managed their hotels. Later that year, the classmates bought a second hotel. It was not until the third hotel acquisition that the chain started to go by Sheraton. The reason behind the name is that the third hotel had a lighted sign on the roof saying "sheraton Hotel." It was too expensive to change so they started to call of their hotels by that name. As the company continued to expand, it started new brands as well until eventually, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide purchased the chain.

The Good

• Reservations
  • Amenities
  • Restaurants
  • Sheraton Club
While Sheraton Hotels operate a number of other hotel chains, the Sheraton hotel is typically an up-scale option for travelers looking for a more luxurious accommodation. Guests can book a room at a Sheraton Hotel online or over the phone. A credit card is needed in order to make the reservation, but will not be charged until 24-hours after the check-in. Sheraton Hotels try to provide their guests with everything they need to ensure a comfortable stay. While amenities will vary depending on the property and location, on average, most Sheraton hotels offer a number of amenities. Standard amenities found at Sheraton hotels include:
  • Personalized assistance: staff is on hand to help with reservations and any other travel arrangements
  • Sleep experience: eliminate pressure points and increase circulation with Sheraton Beds
  • Free wi-fi: the full-service business centers include free wi-fi
  • Fitness centers: 24-hour access to cutting-edge equipment is available for all guests
Each Sheraton hotel includes a restaurant that features signature dishes. Each restaurant is inspired by global cuisine, worldwide tradition and local culture. These restaurants, known as Paired, encourage guests to dine without the inconvenience by eating in the lobby or hotel bar in a unique dining atmosphere. The Sheraton Club provides guests with additional benefits and rewards not made available to those who do not enroll. Club Lounge Privileges provides guests with complimentary breakfast, all-day snacks and beverages, as well as free wi-fi. The Sheraton Club Manager is exclusively dedicated to VIP and Club guests. These managers cater to the needs of these members and is always accessible.

The Bad

• Availability
  • Service variations
  • Rates
While the Sheraton operates a number of other hotel chains under their management, there are only 400 actual Sheraton hotels worldwide. Even though they are located sporadically throughout the world, Sheraton's can typically be found in high traffic cities and attractive destinations. Other than that, it can be difficult to find Sheraton hotels. Each location may not offer all of the same amenities either. Guests should be aware that just because a service existed at one location, it does not mean that another location will also offer those same amenities. Services that may differ from location to location include:
  • Pet policy
  • Cancellation policy
  • Rewards benefits
Sheraton nightly rates are, on average, more expensive than the more economy-style hotels. That being said, Sheraton hotels are typically four or five star hotels. Travelers looking to save on hotel accommodations will have to book a room elsewhere.

The Bottom Line

Sheraton Hotels service thousands of travelers each year. During their stays, guests can expect to receive outstanding service. Travelers who book a Sheraton hotel room can expect the following services and features during their stay:
  1. Friendly staff: they will take care of reservations at restaurants and the hotel itself
  2. Comfortable rooms: complete with quality beds and sheets
  3. Wi-fi: available for free in the business centers and select rooms
  4. Various policies: policies regarding specific hotels may differ from location to location

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

I have only ever stayed at a Sheraton once, but it was such a great experience! The hotel was right on the beach in Hawaii and had amazing access to the water. Lots of fun nightly activities and lots of great recommendations.

Lisa C Johnson Hyattsville, MD

Sheraton is a nice hotel. It is comparable to Marriott Hotel. Very nice rooms with lots of space. I dont ask for alot and the rooms are just as I want. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are clean. I would recommend this hotel.

Larson Riverton, UT

During the summer, my family and I took a trip to Portugal. The first night we got there we were so tired from the flight that we just wanted a comfortable bed to sleep in. Sheraton had everything we could possibly want. The beds were comfy, they had a swimming pool which was heated, and in the morning we woke up with a buffet breakfast I definitely recommend Sheraton.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

I do a lot of travel for both personal and work related trips. I have come to rely on the consistency of the Sheraton in service, room availability, and price sensitivity. I get great deals on clean rooms with plenty of amenities.

Susan Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I stayed at the Sheraton for my honeymoon a long time ago, and during a few vacations to California. I absolutely love the Sheraton, it is one of my very favorite places to stay. The rooms are nice, the food is delicious, and the customer service is great. I would definitely recommend staying there.

Doyal Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the Sheraton and when we took our kids to Disneyland we always stayed at the Sheraton. The beds were very comfortable from what I remember, and the lady at the front desk was very helpful when we were not sure about shuttles.

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

I stayed at a Sheraton when I was on a High School trip. Sheraton probably has the best bedding of any hotel I have ever stayed at; the pillows are super soft and the blankets were warm and comfy. The bathrooms were clean and showers had great water pressure and heat.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

The hotel is nice, but the best park is the shuttle that takes you places. When traveling you may not always have a car/want to drive after a night out. I love this perk that the hotel offers. Plus the swimming pool and hot tub is a cool thing.

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

I have stayed at a Sheraton a couple times and they are always so nice! The rooms are comfortable and clean and it always feels like you are staying in a high end hotel. The staff has always been very friendly and accomodating too!

Landon Robison Layton, UT

I went to the Sheraton with some friends a while ago and had a great experience. We ordered room service and they were very prompt and the food was great. Awesome housekeeping and staff as well. They're not too expensive either. Definitely recommend.

JD Dunklee Hattiesburg, MS

Sheraton hotels are FANTASTIC! Every time I have the chance to stay here, I do! The staff is always highly professional, rooms are always clean, and the breakfast is great!

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

I stayed at a Sheraton in Rome, Italy last summer. Great property very professional staff and what you would expect from a higher end chain. Great place to stay.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

I have stayed in older Sheraton hotels, so I'm sure the nicer and newer ones are more updated. Based on my experience with the older ones, they're obviously cheaper to stay in, they're clean, but you won't have the fancy updates of the newer Sheraton's.

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

Absolutely love the Sheraton. My dad used to own the Sheraton where I live and I practically grew up there. They have the kindest staff and their hotel is wonderful. Great prices too. Go to the Sheraton!

Victoria Holt Chicago, IL

Sheraton dosent get enough credit. I had the best nights rest in denver after a very long drive. Bed was soo soft i almost bought it!. They actually sell the beds!

take7 Sandy, UT

Beautiful hotel and spacious rooms and amenities. They are friendly from check in to check out. Sometimes the common areas are a bit crowded and noisy but we didn't stay long for that to be a problem.

Virginia Rosenthal Pleasant Grove, UT

I liked my stay at Sheraton Times Square. The hotel employees were very nice and helpful. The restaurant servers were very slow (especially in the evenings) and didn't seem to care that they made everyone wait.

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

When I have stayed at Sheraton I have found their rooms to be clean and comfortable. The customer service has been fine. They are usually conveniently located and are particularly good for business trips. The only negatives I would mention are that they can be a bit expensive and some are older facilities.

Amber C Frey San Diego, CA

I stayed at the Sheraton in downtown Seattle and it was really nice. The room was a good size, very clean. The downstairs bar was an added bonus as well. Overall I had a really nice stay here.

MichaelDamico

Excelent experience ! Next time could you build a little closer to the beach ? Everything else was top notch !

Amelia Gibson South Jordan, UT

I have used Sheraton hotels a few times and they have good customer service. Plus they are super nice and you will have a great time there.

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

We stayed at a Sheraton this past summer and it was beautiful and clean. The pool was large and the price was affordable.

cb Thibodaux, LA

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and the entire hotel has a professional feel to it. Very clean and enjoyable!

kaylee Tremonton, UT

There was a really nice lobby, and the hotel looked great, but the room was less nice. The sheets had a stain, and it made me uncomfortable to sleep there.

Ashley Roberts Norcross, GA

Sheraton is always nice and they have very nice layouts. The beds are very comfortable and the showers are nice.

Bryndie Managua, MN

Rooms were a great, comfortable size. Very clean and orderly with a kind and attentive staff. Kind if overpriced though in my opinion.

Dave Ros Pleasant Grove, UT

Recently stayed at the Sheraton in New York City. It was a nice hotel and the workout room was great!

Christyan Bennett Walker, LA

Sheraton Hotels and Resort is an amazing place to stay. They offer several amazing amenities. But, the prices are sometimes too high.

Jeff Martin Layton, UT

Been going to the Sheraton for years. Always have a wonderful experience there. Great staff and accommodations.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Sheraton hotels' price tags are not top tier but their quality, service, and cleanliness are.

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

Sheraton is a great place to stay while on vacation. Great big bed and affordable rates.