Ramada Inn Logo

5.5

LAST UPDATED: October 8th, 2021
Ramada Hotels is a proud member of the Wyndham Worldwide chain of hotels. Ramada has a unique history all its own. The first location was in Flagstaff, Arizona. Bought by a group of investors spearheaded by longtime Chicago restauranteur Marion W. Isbell, Ramada found quick success and rapidly expanded across the United States. With time expansion continued to until Ramada reached its current size of over 900 locations in 50 countries. Ramada is committed to creating caring experiences for every person, every time, and strive to make our guests feel truly refreshed and restored during their visit!

The Good

• Fitness
  • Breakfast
  • Rewards
Ramada is a worldwide hotel chain in more than one way. Ramada alone has over 900 locations in 50 countries, but being part of the Wyndham Worldwide family means that their reach is even greater. Ramada works hard to live up to its own goals of creating a caring experiences for every person, every time. The company does not let location change their goals or their service. Every Ramada strives to offer the same great care so its customers can get the rest they need. There are a few things that really bring out the quality that Ramada can offer. There are a number of options you can find when you go online to check-in for a stay at the Ramada near your destination. There are actually five different tiers that Ramada offers its customers ranging from low-budget to up-scale options. Here are a few of the other benefits Ramada offers:
  • Fitness: Most locations have pools and fitness centers.
  • Breakfast: The low-budget tiers offer customers free breakfast.
  • Connect: Ramada offers free wi-fi to all of its guests.
  • Rewards: Wyndham Rewards are offered to all Ramada customers that choose to become a member.
  • Location: International and domestic locations offer the same great quality to customers.
  • Meetings: Ramada offers great space for groups, meetings, and conferences.
  • Deals: Ramada offers exclusive deals to Wyndham Rewards members, but also offers deals to everyone else.
There are a plethora of reasons why Ramada is a great place to stay internationally and domestically. On your travels it is always great to stay in a place where their goal is to help you get the rest you need.

The Bad

• Extended stay option
  • Limitations
  • International management
Ramada is a member of the Wyndham Worldwide conglomerate. That means there are lots of benefits, but a few weaknesses that carry over. Ramada cannot offer the unique experience other hotels may be able to, so it isn't the place to stay if you are looking for a unique experience. There are a few other weakness that deserve to be part of the conversation.
  • There is no extended stay option for customers that are looking to spend a little more time than usually.
  • Certain options are only available in countries outside of the US and Canada. This is no fun for people who don't spend much time traveling outside of the US and Canada.
  • International locations outside of the US and Canada are owned and operated by Marriott International this ruins some of the uniformity created through the Wyndham Rewards program.

The Bottom Line

Ramada offers a lot to its customers, and those customers can be economically diverse. Offering options from low-budget to up-scale helps Ramada cover all the bases. Customers can expect quality at each tier of the Ramada Worldwide offering. The same quality carries over into international markets. The offerings are not the same internationally, so some of the uniformity domestically doesn't carryover. A couple of things to note in summation:
  • Ramada is part of the Wyndham Worldwide conglomerate, so customers have access to much more than Ramada. This is great news for the Wyndham Rewards members.
  • Typical amenities include everything you need to have a comfortable stay flat TVs, pools, exercise rooms, and free wi-fi. Certain tiers offer free breakfast, and others have restaurants in the hotel.
  • There are lots of options, but if you are looking for an extended stay option you will need to look elsewhere.

2.5

The Bean Spiller Provo, UT

Really nice hotel, but it does feel a little outdated with the décor, sheets, and overall interior design. They provide a decent breakfast, but it's not the best, which sums up mostly everything about Ramada Inn.

Renee Coffey Hayward, CA

Ramada inn of asheville nc half of it is a hotel and half is a homeless shelter, the have people selling drugs, it's in a really bad area of town don't stay here if you value your safety

Ladonna Rengstorf IA

We. Stayed at Ramada Inn at 2211 U Ave in Williamsburg IowA last night and it was not a pleasant stay. It was dirty didn’t have any hot water the air conditioner was so loud we had to sleep without it. The elevator was not working. It would have been nice to have a glass in the room so we could have a drink to take meds with

Sarah Edmonds Tippecanoe, IN

I am staying at the Ramada Plaza & Conference Center in Louisville, Kentucky. This hotel is unacceptable. The entrance way from the side parking lot is filthy. EVERYTIME I come in or out it is propped open. That is a huge safety concern. When it is shut the lock is only engaged at the top and the bottom of the door still opens part way at the bottom. It definitely does not seem very secure. The elevator is not working. I am traveling with 2 children, one is a baby. It was difficult getting all our stuff and the baby up the FILTHY staircase. I went looking for the elevator and came across a bloody mattress propped up down one of the hallways. I was very upset and called up see about getting out of this hotel. I am booked for 3 days. I asked if I could just pay for one night and leave. I was told that I would still pay for all 3 nights. I gave my debit card at check in before I realized how sketchy this hotel is. I used to trust the name Ramada - NO MORE! I will be coming to Louisville twice next summer for basketball tournaments. I assure you that I will not be staying here!

Nishita McLean, VA

Ramada Inn is great when you are looking for a hotel with a cheaper price but you still want a good experience. They have a good quality hotel but it isn't that extravagant so it is not as expensive as others. We were there for 2 nights and 3 days, Great staff too! They are very welcoming.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Ramada Inn is great at mid range lodging. I appreciate the low cost rooms and the good room service options. They are helpful at late check in, and don't have a ton of fees in their billing. Overall a good solid hotel stay.

Larson Riverton, UT

One time, my family and I were traveling and we decided to stay at a Ramada inn. The beds were very comfortable so we all slept good. My family enjoyed our stay at Ramada Inn.

Houston Couple Houston, TX

We check in at the Ramada Inn in Provo around 10:30 The room was insanely hot Call the reception desk and the manager was gone, the lady in charge didn’t even know how to respond to the situation. She told me to turn off the AC UNIT FOR 30 minutes, and it will reset. How in the world this lady think you will stay in that sauna at midnight for 30 minutes. She brought us a fan (very noisy and dust) On Saturday Morning they moved us to another room, we came back tonight to the same situation. The lady that is here tonight is very rude. When I ask for the fan she said they don’t have fan. YES THEY DO WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!

Colton Amarillo, TX

Ramada used to be a great hotel chain, after our stay I will never stay at a Ramada or a Wyndham hotel again. I looked past the fact it had not been updated in probably 30 years. Our room had a lamp that blew a breaker, there was animal feces left in the room. The pool had literal trash floating in it, the public bathroom had 1 urinal working and had feces in it, so I went to a toilet stall and they were filled to the brim with toilet paper and feces. Fitness center is a joke literally no machines worked, there was a single 5 lb free weight. A single luggage cart, and it was broken, asked for additional towels and never got them, I had to raid a maid cart. Every public area trash can outside and they in was overflowing. The parking lot hadn’t been cleaned in ages. we found rusty razor blades, needles, glass, that is the location of first impressions. I called the Wyndham customer service and they said that I need my confirmation which was supposed to be emailed and I never got it. So you mean to tell me that I am the only person that complained about the location and you can’t investigate it with out a number? I would have complained to the manager but obviously they already checked out.

Will Sandpoint, ID

Stayed at a Ramada Inn in Burbank Sunday April 23rd. It was my second time there and equally disappointing each time. I had work to do but the internet access was so hit and miss I couldn't do anything I prepared to do. There were numerous cracks in the walls - next to the hastily thrown up wall paper that was peeling. There was a non working light fixture that just sat in the corner, and no lounge chair just a cheap wood chair next to the coffee table. The beat up and splintered drawers in the bathroom sink area snagged clothes as I walked by - and I felt soaking wet rug just in front of the bathroom door. Many stains in the dated carpet added an uneasiness to the room, and the walls were so thin I could hear the person in the adjoining room sneeze and cough all night. My salad and three cans of soda for dinner was a staggering $27 plus tip and when I woke up in the morning and started to get ready, I found the coffeemaker broken and the electronic checkout unavailable - despite what the literature said. All told, counting room service, this joyful experience for a single night cost me $138 including rooms service. I can't think of a single reason to stay at a Ramada Inn again.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

Enjoyed my stay here when we traveled to Florida. Comfortable bed and nice amenities. Worked out at the gym every day and even took a dip in the pool. Customer service was a little rough. Not enough people to help out the front desk. Had to wait a long time to check in.

Christina Brookville, PA

Horrible horrible customer service. Rude employees. Desk clerk smoking weed outside. Dirty rooms, things don’t work (locks, phone), and the desk clerks would rather drop dead and burn in Hell than have to try to help you. Worst hotel experience ever. And don’t even think about trying to call a manager or corporate. You can’t get through. And by some miracle if you do get through after an hour of trying, you'll be told they can’t help you.

Angela

Their customer service is terrible. Booked jacuzzi room for anniversary and the jacuzzi didn't even have knobs, they were broken off and it didn't work. I was told to call manager following day by front desk, when I did he told me I should've called maintenance. Anniversary ruined, money wasted.

jingqi lei Rockville, MD

Though we only stayed here for one night, it was a pleasant experience, nothing fancy but with a homey atmosphere.

Angela Lucas /Tyler Davis Rocky Mount, NC

Was no refrigerator or microwave In room which was not told to us at check in ,hotel is in process of remodeling ,waited 2hrs for towels etc housekeeping did not leave trash bags for trash or put clean sheets on bed asked front desk staff at 10am came back after site seeing at 5pm no housekeeping DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Nathan D. Warrendale, PA

There was a Ramada Inn in DuBois PA that my family used to frequent when it was still there. My cousin had her wedding there and it was a great venue.

emily b Clive, IA

My hotel room was infested with black ants. Nobody was wearing masks and I wish i could rate a 0 because i’m never coming back here again...

MattB Salt Lake City, UT

My family stayed at a Ramada this past fall and it was disgusting. It didn't feel like the hotel had ever been updated. It felt dirty, dark and we will not stay there again.

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

We stayed at a Ramada Inn this past fall and the hotel was run down, rooms didn't feel clean and were outdated. The staff at the front desk were courteous and helpful but the hotel itself felt gross.

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

We stayed at the Ramada Inn in New York. It was clean and offered free breakfast. It wasn’t my favorite hotel, but it was affordable and close to the airport.

Kaydence Bonino Riverton, UT

We just stayed at the Ramada Inn in Cedar city. The room was clean and they had a breakfast but it wasn't very good. We thought it was a bit overpriced.

Darbles32 Managua, MN

The rooms and beds are comfortable and the breakfast in the morning is great as well

Christyan Bennett New Orleans, LA

Ramada Worldwide Inn is a very cozy hotel. The price are little high and but I believe it’s worth it.

Rathan Kumar Trabuco Canyon, CA

I only spent one Night at a Ramada Inn, the rooms were dirty, overpriced and overall a very very terrible experience that I will never repeat.

ed Colorado Springs, CO

They charge high authorizing fees without letting a guest know.