Marriott Hotels & Resorts Logo

Is This Your Business?

8.3

LAST UPDATED: February 15th, 2022
Hotel Type:Upper Midscale
Marriott Hotels & Resorts is the flagship brand of Marriott International of full-service hotels and resorts. It started with one idea for a single hotel in Washington, DC, originally named Quality Inn. The Marriott name was born with the erecting of a second hotel. More than 80 years later, there’s a Marriott Hotel across the globe in over 45 countries for everything from leisure and resort travel, business travel, hosting meetings, to attending a wedding.

The Good

• Innovations
  • Benefits
Marriott brand hotels and resorts are focused on the idea, "travel brilliantly". This idea is centered on innovation. These innovations for guests include:
  • Mobile check-in. Mobile guest services have arrived at Marriott Hotels. That includes being able to check-in and out from their mobile app at all of locations around the world.
  • Modern-day meetings. Marriott's new meeting spaces feature naturally lit studios and social spaces to maximize multi-tasking.
  • Marriott Mobile App allows guests to ask for anything, anytime during their stay.
  • Bartenders in Residence is in the prototype phase, with a goal to connect local talent, local bartenders and local flavors and bring them into a Marriott hotel.
  • Teleportation. Marriott has a prototype of 4-D journey devices to give guests a virtual travel experience to their destination of choice.
  • New, smartly designed ergonomic guestrooms in the pipeline.
  • Flexible, tech-savvy work spaces
  • Goji kitchen + Bar set to open in Asia in 2014 and 2015. It is a dynamic restaurant designed for the modern traveler with spaces that transform from breakfast to lunch and dinner.
  • Healthy Vending machines containing locally grown organic fruits and vegetables.
The Marriott hotel staff is globally known for being very friendly. Along with the basic amenities such as free WiFi and buffet breakfasts, Marriott encourages guests to "co-create" with them by submitting fresh ideas for the hotels to implement. Hotels are also typically located in convenient locations near airports, restaurants, major highways and shopping strips.

The Bad

• Additional fees
The resorts are all-around enjoyable, but guests were less-than thrilled with the hotel's additional fees:
  • $27/day resort free which allows you a beach chair, umbrella, towels each day, as well as
  • Free drink must be a signature cocktail-
  • Daily parking fee. Visitors end up paying less to park than a guest paying to stay in the hotel I believe it was $27/day as well, pathetic!
  • Resort Pool was always lukewarm, even in 90+ degrees
  • Breakfast on premises is expensive with $20 for 2 eggs with one meat.
  • Beach lovers were a bit disappointed with the amount of scattered seaweed, hotel needs to do better cleaning it up.
  • Average resort with above average prices
  • Rooms were a little dated but very clean

The Bottom Line

Marriott Hotels & Resorts is the flagship leading brand of Marriott International. With its "travel brilliantly" campaign, Marriott offers many cutting edge innovations, aiming to be the leading global premium hotel brand among Generation X and Y travelers. One of Marriott's popular guest amenities is their THANN specially- crafted aromatherapy items. Their hotels have a solid reputation with strong customer loyalty. Marriott hotels are located in convenient locations for travel, food, and recreation and shopping. To some, Marriott's resorts have average amenities with above- average prices. Rooms in some hotels are a little dated but very clean. There are also additional resort fees for guests. Despite the negatives, the staff is very pleasant and friendly.

AlisaD Salt Lake City, UT

This is our favorite hotel chain to stay in. Great customer service. Hotels that offer breakfast do a great job. Very clean. And my kids love the Chuppa Chups suckers they give out.

Kaylee Gay Columbia, MO

I love how clean the rooms are, the service is amazing, and how friendly the staff is. The staff was so kind, courteous, and quick to resolve any concerns that I had. I love how affordable the Marriott is and how amazing their breakfast was as well. I constantly stay at various Mariott's when I travel for my soccer tournaments because I can depend on their quality and service.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Their customer service is top tier in the industry. Definitely worth the spend if you can. The services and benefits staying with them are great. Gyms are always clean, office spaces as well. And concierge is super respectful for any of your needs.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

My husband and I went to the Marriott Marquis in Houston for a weekend mini vacation. We enjoyed floating in the lazy river and hanging out in the pool area. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We will definitely be going back!

Shopman Herriman, UT

The customer service at an Marriott Hotel is second to none. Everyone we interact with does a great job at putting the customer and their needs as a priority. Their rooms are always clean and beautiful. When we book a Marriott, we know we are getting quality.

Hannah Giles Pleasant Grove, UT

We try to stay in Marriotts whenever we travel. We have found them to be the cleanest and most well-kept hotels. The Towne Place Suites are my favorite ones and they always have a good complimentary continental breakfast that has a lot of variety. Once, we had a family medical emergency while on vacation and were forced to stay in a Towne Place Suites, several hours away from our home, for two weeks. The staff was so kind to us, giving us a discounted rate and even moving us into a larger suite because of the terrible stress we were going through. That was at the Towne Place Suites in St. George, Utah.

Noureddine Lalami Brentwood, CA

Marriott Hotel Group have a wide selection of some of the best hotels in the world. Customer service is excellent but prices tend to be a bit high compared to other hotels.

Brian Cowley Riverton, UT

Marriott hotel stays have always been good. They have good gyms and usually have really good breakfasts. They are definitely on the more expensive end, which makes it hard for families sometimes, but if you can afford them, they are really good. Espcially the few I have stayed at in NYC.

Morgan Tennant Shelley, ID

Marriott hotels are a step above other hotels; they are superb! The breakfast is always fantastic, everything is always clean and smells fresh, the staff is friendly, and the layout of the hotels and the individual rooms is very logical and easy to follow. I always choose to stay here when I'm visiting somewhere with a Marriott.

The Bean Spiller Provo, UT

Every single Marriott I've stayed at has been consistent with each other. You don't get that city/tourist spot hotel vs countryside vibe that you get with a lot of other hotels. They breakfasts are always great, rooms comfortable, and their staff are very caring and are able to answer any questions you may have

Brooklyn Jensen Provo, UT

The Marriott Hotels & Resorts are always clean and spacious. In addition, each time I visit one of the resorts, they have daily activities planned such as water aerobics, yoga, and feeding the fish (Newport Beach, CA). It is an extremely fun and great place to stay.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

My friends call me a "Marriott snob". I LOVE Marriott hotels and will rarely stay anywhere else. I know that every time I reserve a room that it will be clean and smoke-free. Their customer service is unmatched as well. I can't say enough great things about Marriott hotels. I like that there are different options depending on your personal need and price point.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

As a Marriott Rewards platinum member, I receive a ton of benefits staying at Marriott hotels. I love the way I'm greeted at Courtyard Marriotts & my favorite part is the free item from the gift, snack area. Being able to cancel my reservations whenever I want, no matter when I do it is very helpful to me. There are times when things come up unexpected that cause me to have to cancel my travel reservations. So it's very helpful feature to have as a Platinum member. I love Marriotts and it's where I choose to stay most the time when I travel.

Patrick Orem, UT

Marriott went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. The staff were very nice and they did not hesitate to help us when we needed it. We had missing pillows in our hotel room and they did not even question us. They got us the pillows right away. The rooms are also very spacious. The furniture and beds are good quality. The breakfast was filling.

Anne Sainsbury Orem, UT

I do not commonly stay at Marriott Hotels as I usually try to travel on the more economic side. That being said, the times that I have stayed in Marriott Hotels I have been very pleased. The rooms have always been very clean and the services and customer service have been better than almost any other Hotel that I have been to. They hold a high standard and I hope to continue to use Marriott Hotels more in the future!

Brielle Spencer Pleasant Grove, UT

Great stayed here on a trip with friends. Felt safe. Kept up with covid restrictions! Comfortable and relaxing hotel!

peter harmatuk Poolesville, MD

Marriott Hotels & Resorts are our first choice when needing a location to spend time unwinding in a vacation-like setting, or an extended stay. They are almost everywhere where we travel, elegant and extremenly comfortable. They are well priced within the areas they serve and a value when compared to the amenities offered by their properties. They have things like free WiFI where it is often charged for by others, both great city and remote locations and really good restaurants . Their "free" breakfast, in many places, rivals what you can get in a breakfast restaurant and the in-hotel services such as health clubs and pools, make them a great value, even though you may pay a little more for them.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

Most of my experiences involving Marriott Hotels and Resorts have been in the Residence Inn. I truly love the Residence Inn. I love their combined Hot and Cold Breakfast offered each morning. This is really an. added. value to an already reasonable hotel price. When you are there on a Monday and Tuesday there is usually some sort of snack type food offered in the evening hours. A real bonus. The rooms are clean and arranged in such a way as to be very accommodating to the. business traveler. I love the oven, stove, refrigerator and plenty of kitchen storage space. These allow me to purchase my own food and create my own meals to eat while I am there. What a great value as a hotel overall.

Samantha Fayetteville, AR

Everytime my family has gone on vacation, we always stay in a Marriott Hotel and we have always been satisfied with out experiences. We have stayed in Marriotts in the Puerto Rico, the Cayman Islands, Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Kansas, Arkansas, Toronto, New York, and Texas. In every hotel we stayed at, everything was cleaned appropriately and if we needed extra towels or sheets or anything of the sort, the hotel staff brought it to our room in a timely manner. They also were able to answer any and all questions we had regarding the location we were visiting. Many times they were able to give us restaurant recommendations as well.

BeauCarl South Jordan, UT

Marriott it continues to expand its line of hotels making it even easier to find a five star property or a budget friendly property all over the US. They have limited properties in the South Pacific the Caribbean and Central America. I appreciate their rewards program and have been able to get free nights after staying with Marriott. Please be aware the majority of the Marriott hotels are not owned by Marriott but owned by individuals or other companies that use the Marriott name and operations as such many of the hotels are outdated and are in desperate need of renovation.Please be aware the majority of the Marriott hotels are not owned by Marriott but owned by individuals or other companies that use the Marriott name and operations as such many of the hotels are outdated and are in desperate need of renovation

Jordan Bell Orem, UT

Marriot offers very high end rooms and a great experience. If you are looking for a good place to stay this might be for you if you are willing to pay a little more

Eliana Randall Sandy, UT

I stayed in a Marriott hotel for a California trip a couple months ago and was highly impressed! The room was very spacious and clean.

anna blaser CA

I enjoy that the staff is always kind when I go to Marriott hotels. The rooms are kept clean, and services are good. Some of the buildings are getting a little run down, but I enjoy staying at these hotels for the most part.

Marci Randall Sandy, UT

Stayed in California and LOVED every minute! They were so kind & helpful and it was clean!! I loved that they had a code on the elevator. It made me feel safe

Amy N Sandy, UT

Whenever we travel we always try to stay in a Marriott Hotel. They are always clean and nice. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The beds are always so comfortable.

Brent Thurgood Spanish Fork, UT

Just spent a week traveling and stayed at a Courtyard in Gillette Wyoming. I appreciated the cleanliness of the facility as well as the great breakfast.

J B Sandy, UT

When my business books my stay at Marriott, I know I'm going to get a good night's sleep! They also have one of the best points programs with tons of partners.

Ramona Kiffing Chapel Hill, NC

The service at the marriott has always been top tier for me. I always appreciate the understanding the staff offers and the variety of options in the room packages.

Yolanda Queer Shelley, ID

I cannot stress enough how much I love Marriott hotels! Their breakfasts are grand and it is always so nice to stay in a place where I know I am safe. It's just a fun hotel chain to stay in!

Sydney Charleston South Jordan, UT

Marriott is amazing! The service is great! The rewards system is great, and it makes us want to stay there more! The more you stay at the marriotts, the more points you get that go towards free stays! We love this hotel.

Scott A. Johnson Orem, UT

Of all the hotel chains, Marriott is my first choice. They have clean and well-maintained properties all over the world. Their events staff is great if you are looking to host an event. Join their free rewards club to accumulate points towards your next stay.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Marriott is the absolute favorite of hotel properties. They offer the most amenities with high end, updated decor. The experience is superb from reservations, loyalty point programs, actual hotel stay, and even follow up right after. I enjoy the convenience and posh-ness offered. This will be my choice in hotels for a long tome to come.

The Pearsons

Always customer friendly. The Bonvoy properties are always clean and many luxurious. The Marriott/Bonvoy properties have the best beds and bedding. I appreciate that breakfast is included in most of them. We also own 3 Marriott timeshares that I believe are the best in the industry.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I've always enjoyed my stay at a Marriott. I have early memories of going downtown on Easter weekend when I was little and we would stay at Marriott and swim. Anytime my vacation includes a Marriott, you know it's going to be a nice stay.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

I love Marriott hotels. You really can expect the same high quality rooms. The biggest perk with them is the ease to earn Marriott reward points! My wife and I watch our points build up and enjoy a nice staycation when we get enough!

Sierra Dixon Gilbert, AZ

Loved staying here. I felt safe and comfortable and everything was really nice. Customer service was very good. The front desk was helpful and the maid service did a great job too. The cafe/Starbucks that was inside had great hot chocolate.

Roxanne Zee

My husband and I stay at Marriotts whenever we travel. The service and amenities are consistently excellent. If you look around you can find good, discounted room prices. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Staff is helpful and well trained. They really take care of their guests.

Brian

Marriott is among the best hospitality companies in the world, and their Residence Inn is terrific. The only thing missing at the FT. Myers/Sanibel location was that it lacked a restaurant on premises. There were, however, a few restaurants very close by.

Avery Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

My family and I love the Marriott Hotels and Resorts! Whenever we go on vacation to St. George we would always stay at this one Marrriott Hotel. Every morning my brother would go to the kitchen in the lobby and the staff would let him make his own omlete! They were so nice and welcoming and made us want to come back!

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

I love Marriott Hotels & Resorts. I stay there anytime that I can because I know that the room will be great, the bed will be nice, it will be clean. The customer service is always top notch. If anything is wrong they will go out of their way to make it right. They have an awesome rewards program.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

Love Marriott Hotels & Resorts. I have been a long time customer and always know that I will be taken care of with the best service in the industry. I love the Marriott Rewards program and also all of the locations that they have.

Kip Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I stay here for all of my business travel and like the comfortable rooms and the reliable service I can count on each time. They are very professional and have a rewards program that I am a part of that helps me earn free stays.

Dale Ash Sandy, UT

I routinely utilize Marriott properties when I travel. They are clean, well managed, and nicely furnished. I used my Marriott Rewards when I traveled frequently for business. The reservation system is easy. They really treat you well. I've never had a bad stay at a Marriott property.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

These hotels are always really nice. The amenities are fabulous. Customer service always goes above and beyond. My grandparents and I always go to the Marriott in Hawaii. It's incredible. It is like another world. It is in a higher price bracket but I am always sure it is worth it.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

LOVE MARRIOTT. Now that I've stayed in lots of different hotels, I won't stay in anything other than Marriott. They're always clean and super comfortable. Breakfasts are delicious, and the employees are always amazingly nice and helpful. My husband and I have been upgraded to nicer suites before for special occasions.

Jonny Hancock Draper, UT

Marriott is always the first hotel chain that I look to stay at when I travel. The staff is always very friendly and the rooms are always extremely clean and nice. Plus, it's awesome that they have a Book of Mormon in every room! Love how the owner sticks to his faith.

Dave Spokane, WA

You can't go wrong with Marriott as far as having a great experience goes. The only reason I don't use Marriott more is because I'm often willing to sacrifice quality to save a few bucks. Marriott is high quality with excellent staff who want to make sure that you have a great experience. Luxurious rooms and amenities.

Destini Ferguson Tallahassee, FL

I am a new Marriot member and I am happy I signed up! Great deals, great people, and beautiful spaces. Check-in is quick and easy. You also receive perks like late checkout for being a member. My room is always clean and housing keeping accommodates all of my requests.

Christina Lockett Frederick, MD

Marriott Hotels & Resorts was a beautiful lovely building. When I walked inside they had beautiful paintings and sparkling floors. As I walked towards the desk I could tell the workers were smiling behind the mask and were greeting me. They took their time with helping me book a room for one night and was patient with me which I appreciate dearly. When I got to my room the beds were nice and big and were soft. I also appreciate how big their bathrooms were.

Olivia Hardy Olney, MD

The quality of rooms and service was very good. I felt safe and well protected. Shops and restaurants inside the hotel were very well priced and of very good quality as well. The location of the hotel was near the convention center where I had to go and close to a lot of the attractions of the city. The cost of parking was way too expensive and very inconvenient, but, fortunately, did not have to use my car that much. Valet service was way out of financial reach for me. Had to do a lot of walking because of the constant requirement to pay for every time I had to go somewhere in the car. Besides the problems with the parking and use of my vehicle, the hotel has a great deal to offer for the price.