Marriott Hotels & Resorts Logo

Marriott Hotels & Resorts

Is This Your Business?

9.8

Hotel Type:Upper Midscale
Marriott Hotels & Resorts is the flagship brand of Marriott International of full-service hotels and resorts. It started with one idea for a single hotel in Washington, DC, originally named Quality Inn. The Marriott name was born with the erecting of a second hotel. More than 80 years later, there’s a Marriott Hotel across the globe in over 45 countries for everything from leisure and resort travel, business travel, hosting meetings, to attending a wedding.

Holiday Inn Logo
#3 Holiday Inn chevron_right
Best Western Logo
#4 Best Western chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Innovations
  • Benefits
Marriott brand hotels and resorts are focused on the idea, "travel brilliantly". This idea is centered on innovation. These innovations for guests include:
  • Mobile check-in. Mobile guest services have arrived at Marriott Hotels. That includes being able to check-in and out from their mobile app at all of locations around the world.
  • Modern-day meetings. Marriott's new meeting spaces feature naturally lit studios and social spaces to maximize multi-tasking.
  • Marriott Mobile App allows guests to ask for anything, anytime during their stay.
  • Bartenders in Residence is in the prototype phase, with a goal to connect local talent, local bartenders and local flavors and bring them into a Marriott hotel.
  • Teleportation. Marriott has a prototype of 4-D journey devices to give guests a virtual travel experience to their destination of choice.
  • New, smartly designed ergonomic guestrooms in the pipeline.
  • Flexible, tech-savvy work spaces
  • Goji kitchen + Bar set to open in Asia in 2014 and 2015. It is a dynamic restaurant designed for the modern traveler with spaces that transform from breakfast to lunch and dinner.
  • Healthy Vending machines containing locally grown organic fruits and vegetables.
The Marriott hotel staff is globally known for being very friendly. Along with the basic amenities such as free WiFi and buffet breakfasts, Marriott encourages guests to "co-create" with them by submitting fresh ideas for the hotels to implement. Hotels are also typically located in convenient locations near airports, restaurants, major highways and shopping strips.

The Bad

• Additional fees
The resorts are all-around enjoyable, but guests were less-than thrilled with the hotel's additional fees:
  • $27/day resort free which allows you a beach chair, umbrella, towels each day, as well as
  • Free drink must be a signature cocktail-
  • Daily parking fee. Visitors end up paying less to park than a guest paying to stay in the hotel I believe it was $27/day as well, pathetic!
  • Resort Pool was always lukewarm, even in 90+ degrees
  • Breakfast on premises is expensive with $20 for 2 eggs with one meat.
  • Beach lovers were a bit disappointed with the amount of scattered seaweed, hotel needs to do better cleaning it up.
  • Average resort with above average prices
  • Rooms were a little dated but very clean

The Bottom Line

Marriott Hotels & Resorts is the flagship leading brand of Marriott International. With its "travel brilliantly" campaign, Marriott offers many cutting edge innovations, aiming to be the leading global premium hotel brand among Generation X and Y travelers. One of Marriott's popular guest amenities is their THANN specially- crafted aromatherapy items. Their hotels have a solid reputation with strong customer loyalty. Marriott hotels are located in convenient locations for travel, food, and recreation and shopping. To some, Marriott's resorts have average amenities with above- average prices. Rooms in some hotels are a little dated but very clean. There are also additional resort fees for guests. Despite the negatives, the staff is very pleasant and friendly.

Anne Sainsbury Orem, UT

I do not commonly stay at Marriott Hotels as I usually try to travel on the more economic side. That being said, the times that I have stayed in Marriott Hotels I have been very pleased. The rooms have always been very clean and the services and customer service have been better than almost any other Hotel that I have been to. They hold a high standard and I hope to continue to use Marriott Hotels more in the future!

Dave Spokane, WA

You can't go wrong with Marriott as far as having a great experience goes. The only reason I don't use Marriott more is because I'm often willing to sacrifice quality to save a few bucks. Marriott is high quality with excellent staff who want to make sure that you have a great experience. Luxurious rooms and amenities.

Destini Ferguson Tallahassee, FL

I am a new Marriot member and I am happy I signed up! Great deals, great people, and beautiful spaces. Check-in is quick and easy. You also receive perks like late checkout for being a member. My room is always clean and housing keeping accommodates all of my requests.

Christina Lockett Frederick, MD

Marriott Hotels & Resorts was a beautiful lovely building. When I walked inside they had beautiful paintings and sparkling floors. As I walked towards the desk I could tell the workers were smiling behind the mask and were greeting me. They took their time with helping me book a room for one night and was patient with me which I appreciate dearly. When I got to my room the beds were nice and big and were soft. I also appreciate how big their bathrooms were.

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Marriott hotels are synonymous was a above average service catering to business travel. As a pleasure stay, don't expect many free perks that 3 star hotels offer. However, if cleanliness is a priority, you won't be disappointed.

Christina Lockett Frederick, MD

I love the Marriott Hotel they had a lovely work out room where I can do a daily workout each day. I also love how crystal clear their pool was you could see the bottom of the pool in the deep end. The grab and go for breakfast was very well thought out meal it wasn't just a thrown together at the last minute.

Lisa C Johnson Hyattsville, MD

I stay at alot of hotels because of travel and Marriot is probably one of my favorite places to stay. The rooms are always clean and the beds are extra comfortable. The stay may not be the cheapest in town but its definitely worth every penny.

Jessica Chen Rockville, MD

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was located in an amazing spot central to loads of shops, restaurants, and a great big lake. I was elated by the cleanliness and prompt service. The view definitely captured my eye and increased my experience and stay at the Marriott Hotel. I’ll definitely be back for future visits.

peter harmatuk Poolesville, MD

Marriott Hotels & Resorts are our first choice when needing a location to spend time unwinding in a vacation-like setting, or an extended stay. They are almost everywhere where we travel, elegant and extremenly comfortable. They are well priced within the areas they serve and a value when compared to the amenities offered by their properties. They have things like free WiFI where it is often charged for by others, both great city and remote locations and really good restaurants . Their "free" breakfast, in many places, rivals what you can get in a breakfast restaurant and the in-hotel services such as health clubs and pools, make them a great value, even though you may pay a little more for them.

CJ Milke Olney, MD

The rooms at Marriott Hotels and Resorts are great for family vacations. My family and I stayed in one of their rooms in Orlando and it made our Disney trip a blast! The beds were so comfortable and the sheets were so soft.

Olivia Hardy Olney, MD

The quality of rooms and service was very good. I felt safe and well protected. Shops and restaurants inside the hotel were very well priced and of very good quality as well. The location of the hotel was near the convention center where I had to go and close to a lot of the attractions of the city. The cost of parking was way too expensive and very inconvenient, but, fortunately, did not have to use my car that much. Valet service was way out of financial reach for me. Had to do a lot of walking because of the constant requirement to pay for every time I had to go somewhere in the car. Besides the problems with the parking and use of my vehicle, the hotel has a great deal to offer for the price.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

Most of my experiences involving Marriott Hotels and Resorts have been in the Residence Inn. I truly love the Residence Inn. I love their combined Hot and Cold Breakfast offered each morning. This is really an. added. value to an already reasonable hotel price. When you are there on a Monday and Tuesday there is usually some sort of snack type food offered in the evening hours. A real bonus. The rooms are clean and arranged in such a way as to be very accommodating to the. business traveler. I love the oven, stove, refrigerator and plenty of kitchen storage space. These allow me to purchase my own food and create my own meals to eat while I am there. What a great value as a hotel overall.

Samantha Fayetteville, AR

Everytime my family has gone on vacation, we always stay in a Marriott Hotel and we have always been satisfied with out experiences. We have stayed in Marriotts in the Puerto Rico, the Cayman Islands, Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Kansas, Arkansas, Toronto, New York, and Texas. In every hotel we stayed at, everything was cleaned appropriately and if we needed extra towels or sheets or anything of the sort, the hotel staff brought it to our room in a timely manner. They also were able to answer any and all questions we had regarding the location we were visiting. Many times they were able to give us restaurant recommendations as well.

Jarrett Ingram Newport News, VA

Marriott Hotels are my choice of hotel. Staff is always friendly and polite, the rooms are immaculate, and the sheets and bed are always super clean and fresh.

Vicki H. Poolesville, MD

We have stayed at several Marriott Hotels and have always enjoyed our stay. The receptionists have always been so helpful and patient. Also, at least at the ones we have stayed at, there was always a restaurant available for breakfast! The cost of the rooms are reasonable.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

The hotel rooms are nice and clean and the staff are very helpful. If you are staying for a while, bring a swimsuit and take a nice swim or sit in the jacuzzi. The morning breakfasts are nice and there is a good variety of food whether you want sweet, healthy, or hearty.

Greg Francis Saratoga Springs, UT

as a gold member, I travel with Marriott for business and pleasure, and know that I can have a consistent experience everywhere I go, from the JW in Chicago, to the Springhill Suites in St George. I appreciate that they know me as a gold member, know my preferences, and when I was there last. Bonvoy provides a great app to manage my bookings, and check my points to see how many points ai have to spend for my upcoming vacations.

daphjohnson Saratoga Springs, UT

When you book with Marriott you know what you are getting yourself into. I like that there is a standard of cleanliness that can be found at different areas of the world. Marriott is always high quality and provides a good experience no matter where you are.

Katrina Breithaupt Provo, UT

I've stayed in a variety of airbnbs, hostels, and hotels over the years and I have ALWAYS been highly impressed with Marriott. They are always my first choice of hotels. I have stayed there many times with my family. They are extremely clean, offer great services and amenities and I always look forward to staying there, whether it is inside or outside the US.

Corbin Short West Wendover, NV

I have never had a negative experience with Marriott, except with one of the brands when they wouldn't accept a gift card in Page, AZ. When I travel, I basically look first at Marriott Hotels because the quality is consistent everywhere. The only thing is this: be aware of what type of Marriott you are choosing and what services they offer. For example, some brands do not have breakfast. It's worth knowing the difference across the different brands under the Marriott name.

Emily H West Wendover, NV

My family has always had great, reliable, quality service from every Marriott hotel we've stayed at. Rooms are always nice with clearly updated amenities such as newer televisions and modern furniture. Most have pools and free continental breakfast--always with the best selection of food of any hotel we've stayed at. Great service, great value--you can't go wrong with Marriott, in my opinion.

Katie Kertzman Rogers, AR

My mother has been a Marriott Rewards member for many years now and this has been our go-to Hotel or Resort for every single trip or vacation. Every stay has gone extremely smoothly and staff is always so accommodating to specific requests such as early check-in or questions about local restaurants/activities. I have always appreciated how clean and neat every hotel we've stayed at has been and I am sure my family will continue using Marriott Hotels for a long time to come!

Hannah Giles Pleasant Grove, UT

We try to stay in Marriotts whenever we travel. We have found them to be the cleanest and most well-kept hotels. The Towne Place Suites are my favorite ones and they always have a good complimentary continental breakfast that has a lot of variety. Once, we had a family medical emergency while on vacation and were forced to stay in a Towne Place Suites, several hours away from our home, for two weeks. The staff was so kind to us, giving us a discounted rate and even moving us into a larger suite because of the terrible stress we were going through. That was at the Towne Place Suites in St. George, Utah.

Eddie Sparks Costa Mesa, CA

Top notch accommodations. Always treated with upmost courtesy and made to feel at home. The only place we stay at.

Pauline Causse Provo, UT

Marriott really cares about their members and are accommodating to their needs. Their beds are also the comfiest!

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

Marriotts have always been my favorite hotel to stay at. Exceptional comfort, service, and experience

Amy Gardiner Germantown, MD

LOVE MARRIOTT and really try to support them during COVID! You can always rely on high quality with their hotels and convention centers. I am never dissatisfied and when I am they FIX IT!!!!!

Jun Chen Rockville, MD

Marriott Hotels & Resorts is my favorite hotel to stay. I usually look at Marriott Hotels & Resorts when I need overnight travel. It provides pretty space for our family to stay. It also has good location in the city.

Scott A. Johnson Orem, UT

Of all the hotel chains, Marriott is my first choice. They have clean and well-maintained properties all over the world. Their events staff is great if you are looking to host an event. Join their free rewards club to accumulate points towards your next stay.

Mike Curtis Guyton, GA

I travel a lot for business and my current employer’s preferred hotel provider is Marriott. The rooms are always clean and comfortable and the beds are amazing! Best sleep ever. I have been a little disappointed with the upkeep at some of the recently acquired Sheraton properties but I’m confident they’ll be brought up to Marriott standards.

Trinka Ashby Beaverton, OR

I have a whole lot of great things to say about Marriott Hotels & Resorts. We have for years enjoyed staying at their hotels and have always found them so nice and clean. They often have free breakfasts and always have great service! We also have a Marriott Timeshare and have thoroughly enjoyed it for many memorable years!

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

Usually i prefer Marriott Hotels when i travel but during 2020 i stayed in a hotel that was really dirty. I brought cleaners and wiped down everything. The carpets and floors had visible dirt, especially around the edges. I only give 4 stars because my experience in the past was better but during Covid times, they really drop the ball and clean a lot less. They claim to clean more carefully but in reality, they only cleaned the rooms during your stay if you stayed longer than a few days. Good thing i brought cleaning supplies with me.

Amy McCarlie Orem, UT

The Marriott experience was amazing! We stayed for out honeymoon and it was such a blast! The food, the pool, the fun things that were available to us was a five star experience along with the customer service. Would highly recommend

Abby Layton, UT

I love Marriott Hotels! I've stayed at many of them in many different places and they are always clean and well kept, the staff is very professional, and the rooms are always spacious and comfortable. They're my favorite hotels to stay at.

Jennifer Ashby Lehi, UT

I trust Marriott. I always know that I am getting the best service. They have always been clean and quick to resolve any requests or issues. We have been upgraded before, too, which has been nice. We have had their credit card and earned points that way.

Max Winkel Salt Lake City, UT

I have stayed at many Marriott Hotels and would say that ive enjoyed it for the most part. The rooms are almost always super clean and the employees are nice and helpful. Sometimes I get breakfast at the hotel and its pretty good too. If your going to stay in a hotel and money isnt a problem then Marriott is for you.

Dayna Brown Logan, UT

Marriott is always a go-to place to stay for our family! The rooms and bathrooms are clean and tidy, and the staff members are always happy, eager, and willing to help with anything we need. I love the way they rotate what is on the menu for the complementary breakfast so that you can have some variety when you are staying for several days.

Leonides Fourteen Logan, UT

I have always loved my stays at any Marriott hotel. I enjoy the variety they provide with the different levels of hotel with Courtyard and Springhill and others because they provide me with a great level of comfort for the price I pay. Always clean and comfortable.

Madison Rees Logan, UT

Always has been a great experience staying at the Marriott. They are of higher value then they charge. Very well taken care of. Never have I come into a room disgusted. They keep the hotel classy, clean and fresh! Always have had a great experience!

Kent Logan, UT

We had a multi-leg family road trip and used Marriott as one of the hotels during that trip. It was a good hotel and we enjoyed our time there. The room seemed like new and was very clean. The free breakfast had a lot of selection and long hours so we could all eat regardless of what time we got up.

McKenzie Logan, UT

We had a great time as a family at Marriott. The room was nice and clean and the complimentary breakfast was hot and well prepared. The staff was helpful and professional. Our kids loved the pool too! I would definitely stay here again!

Samantha Holland Denver, CO

We absolutely love staying in Marriott Hotels. We have the rewards visa and have loved it. We are able to use rewards points on rooms. We travel a lot for baseball so we stay in a Marriott 99% of the time and we are never disappointed. Their customer service is great. The rooms are always clean and they make sure we have what we need!

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Marriott Hotels & Resorts are the best place for a family vacation. The suites are like a home away from home. Our family really enjoys the game room and pools. The atmosphere is really friendly and there is a lot to do. The variety of activities offered keeps all ages happy when we stay.

Jensen Smithfield, UT

I love Marriott Hotels and Resorts because I always know that they will be beautiful, clean, have great service, and the most comfortable beds and pillows. That is why I have a Marriott rewards card because I usually only stay at Marriotts.

Tiffany Vollmer Midvale, UT

We have stayed in various Marriott Hotels and Resorts and have ashtrays been super pleased with our stay. Our most recent vacation was fantastic how they handled everything with all of the new Covid protocols. Highly recommend!

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

My friends call me a "Marriott snob". I LOVE Marriott hotels and will rarely stay anywhere else. I know that every time I reserve a room that it will be clean and smoke-free. Their customer service is unmatched as well. I can't say enough great things about Marriott hotels. I like that there are different options depending on your personal need and price point.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

As a Marriott Rewards platinum member, I receive a ton of benefits staying at Marriott hotels. I love the way I'm greeted at Courtyard Marriotts & my favorite part is the free item from the gift, snack area. Being able to cancel my reservations whenever I want, no matter when I do it is very helpful to me. There are times when things come up unexpected that cause me to have to cancel my travel reservations. So it's very helpful feature to have as a Platinum member. I love Marriotts and it's where I choose to stay most the time when I travel.

Patrick Orem, UT

Marriott went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. The staff were very nice and they did not hesitate to help us when we needed it. We had missing pillows in our hotel room and they did not even question us. They got us the pillows right away. The rooms are also very spacious. The furniture and beds are good quality. The breakfast was filling.

Lisa Burrup Los Angeles, CA

Marriott is the number one brand I go too when needing a hotel. I took my family to a nearby Marriott Springhill Suites for a mini staycation for my daughters birthday in August. The rooms slept 6 and were pretty big for a hotel room. The things they have implemented to keep there customers safe during COVID were great. I felt safe and had no problems. The outdoor pool was open and the layout of the pool and hot tub made it so fun for my kids.

Kassidy Roberts CA

Love Marriott! I also love how they keep bibles and Book of Mormons in their drawers