Execustay was founded in 1987 as one of the first corporate housing providers. Execustay was eventually purchased by Marriott International in 1999. After 15 years Marriott International sold the Execustay brand to Oakwood Worldwide Corporate Housing. Execustay was created and designed to meet the needs of corporate relocation. It is an extended-stay option for those corporate situations that need a short-term solution for housing.
- Temporary housing
Marriott Execustay has corporations in mind with their housing. They are specifically geared to meet the needs of corporations in need of temporary housing for 30 days or more. The rooms are more like apartments than your typical hotel rooms, and come fully furnished. Businesses can cutdown on their stress by choosing to spend some time at Marriott Execustay during the relocation process.
Execustay is completely geared to meet the needs of a very finite audience. They offer great support in a number of ways here are a few of them:
- Location: Acustays are located in over 40 states and have over 6,000 temporary homes for their customers.
- Variety: Apartments rage from studios to three bedroom apartment. Perfect for all the needs that relocated businesses may need.
- Rewards: Marriott Rewards allow loyal customers to get points and exclusive deals.
- Furnishing: Each apartment includes standard furnishings that can be upgraded upon request.
Execustay serves its purpose for the uniques situation of its target customer. If you are looking for a relocation option for 30 or more days Execustay may be the place for you.
- Limited exercise facilities
The negatives for Execustay are made obvious, and may be a result of their strengths. When a company chooses to hyper-focus on a specific customer group there is little variety offered. That is one of the glaring weaknesses, but there are a couple more that deserve to be mentioned:
- There are no exercise facilities or pools as part of the standard offering. Some locations have them and others don't.
- There is no reason for anyone that doesn't fit the target demographic to choose Execustay for their accommodations.
The Marriot Execustay is perfect for the corporate relocation that requires someone to spend more than 30 days in a temporary home, but its not good for much else. This is a very specific choice for a very specific demographic.
The Bottom Line
Marriott Execustay is good for what it is intended for. That means that it isn't any good for much else. There are a couple things that stand out. The following points basically tell the whole story:
- Execustay is perfect for very specific customer who needs a place to call home for more than 30 days.
- If you aren't a person looking for a home for 30 or more days you need to explore other options.
If you are a loyal Marriott customer it is nice that they can offer an option for a corporate relocation.