La Quinta Inn Logo

5.9

LAST UPDATED: May 31st, 2022
Hotel Type: Economy
La Quinta Inn & Suites all started in 1968 by real estate entrepreneur siblings Sam and Phil Barshop. The name, La Quinta, is Spanish for “The Villa”. The first hotel was opened in San Antonio Texas across from the HemisFair 1968 World’s Fair. Today, a subsidiary of the Blackstone Group, the company owns and operates over 700 properties and franchises approximately 295 under various brand names.

The Good

• Amenities
  • Locations
  • Positive feedback
La Quinta Inn & Suites advertises its promise to provide free high quality amenities for all guests in general but business travelers in particular to "relax, recharge and enjoy". These free amenities include:
  • free Bright Side Breakfast®
  • free high-speed Internet
  • exclusive Bright Morning Bed® with a pillowtop mattress.
The hotel's business centers have flat-panel HDTVs and spacious, bright in-room work areas with ergonomic "task" chairs. Swimming pools are said to be available at most locations. There is also an on-site gym or complimentary passes to a local gym. Most La Quinta Inns are conveniently located near restaurants and shopping malls. Room types and setting vary by hotel. Company-owned hotels are standardized. Franchised hotels vary more. Each guest room has a:
  • television
  • iron
  • hair dryer
  • coffee maker
Positive feedback from guests typically revolves around the free breakfast options and the pillowtop beds:
  • Breakfast offers both cold and hot options. The first morning fresh fruit salad was provided but only bananas and apples were on the buffet the other two mornings.
  • Hot options varied from day to day with make your own waffles, instant oatmeal, toast, scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes remaining a constant. Cold options included yogurt, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, breakfast pastries.
  • Breakfast buffet staff were very attentive and refilled things constantly. Hot sauce is provided.
  • The Beauty Rest pillow top mattress is so comfy...sheets are soft, and the pillows are great. One guest commented on it at checkout and the staff gave her a card with the information about the mattress, and purchased one for her home.

The Bad

• Authenticity
  • Consistency
  • Complaints
La Quinta may have some authenticity issues regarding its Spanish/South Western themed décor that makes it unique. Unfortunately, the southern roots of the architecture have been watered down by its franchising of older hotel chains like the former Budgetel Inn. Speaking of the franchised hotels, they lack consistency in amenities, so guests can have totally opposite experiences at two different hotels in the same area.  The company-owned hotels have standardized accommodations, but which ones do and don't will be something guests have to find out after they get to the hotel and check in (i.e. when it's too late). Standard complaints:
  • usually no on-site dining on the premises (outside of the free breakfast)
  • Towels provided on the first day of stay were good, but the next two days the towels provided had definitely seen a lot of wear, were both rough and greyish rather than white.
  • The toiletries were okay but guests recommend bringing your own if you like a bit of luxury.
  • No ketchup provided with breakfast. Have to bring your own.
  • Rooms facing the street are loud throughout the night and early morning.

The Bottom Line

If you're going for the Spanish theme, you may be disappointed. The building may also lack updating on the outside. Once inside, guests are typically impressed with the accommodations. Amenities vary from one hotel to the next depending on if it is a company-owned hotel or if it a franchise. Franchises function a bit more independently and may not be up to the La Quinta brand standards. Prices are reasonable-especially when getting hotel discounts through a third party or membership benefits, but people generally wouldn't say it is worth paying regular price. Major highlights include the full service hot and cold breakfast and the trademarked pillow top mattresses and pillows in the guest rooms. Guests also will appreciate the hotel being pet-friendly and having free internet access. Non-smokers will love the 100% smoke-free premises but smokers will not share the same sentiment.

3.4

Mnm420 Clearwater, FL

I had a horrible experience the last time I stayed. There was a mix up about my check out date and I planned to check out a day later than the front desk thought I was. I was gone all day and come back to find am locked out of room. I went to the desk to have my key reprogrammed and the clerk said there was a note to call the manager when I came in. She did and the manager got on the phone with me chewing me out for not checking out that morning. I explained that I was supposed to check out the following morning, apologized, and said I would pay for the night at that time. He said no and came in from home at ten pm and stood over me while I packed up the room I had been living in for a week and said he would call the police if I wasn't out in 15 min. All this while the parking lot was nearly empty and the hotel at less than 50% occupancy. Never again....

John Lipscomb Alexandria, VA

The good intentions of different staff members did make our recent experience better. But the misadventure began with an online La Quinta reservation made for an overnight accommodation at the Kingsport Tennessee Inn and Suites. Information provided online included a request for a ground floor room since we travel with dogs. Being on the ground floor is helpful when taking pets outdoors during the course of an evening. In fact, that request was so important we made a phone call prior to our expected arrival to the hotel front desk to confirm that the request had been noted. Upon arrival we learned the room assignment was on the second floor. The clerk handling check-in said a ground floor room with a king bed was available but it did not have a functioning HVAC. However, after discussion and inspection by another staff member the HVAC was reported to be functioning so check-in was completed. The La Quinta web site lists mini-refrigerator and microwave as two of the standard amenities for pet-friendly, non-smoking rooms with two queens or one king bed. Following the evening meal we realized these two items were missing from this room. After reporting those missing items to a different front desk person, he assured us that the items were in the room. However, upon inspection he agreed that his prior statement was in error. Because the ground floor location was important we spent the night in a room without the stated items. It should be noted the entire facility is currently undergoing a much needed upgrade in appearance and that activity may be key to problems we encountered during this one night stay. A suggestion to management follows. Before any room becomes available for rental, use a simple check list to answer the question; is this unit ready to be rated as system ready for rental. Our inspection of this room revealed several things that needed attention (bathtub locations had caulk where caulk is not required but had not been cleaned off and a contact type covering on the bathtub floor had not been removed) and of course, the lack of a cabinet to contain a microwave and mini-refrigerator. At check-out the next morning the front desk person was told of the problems with room 108 so she stepped to the nearby reservation terminal, entered something and replied, “That room has a microwave and mini-refrigerator”.

Stephanie s Detroit, MI

The young lady named sierra was awesome we had an issue with our reservation and we couldn't contact the company to try to deal with it so we were stuck it was late at night but we were in good hands she was very helpful and professional and she helped us navigate through our major problem and helped us get it all figured out she was amazing and we were thankful for her!!she deserves recognition we felt because without her that night we would have been just plain out of luck and stuck sleeping in our vehicle so thank you again to Sierra that works the front desk at la quinta in south gate Mi !!

HandL Rittiner Genoa City, WI

Milan Road Sandusky Ohio location is not representative of the LaQuinta Inn or Wyndham name. I cannot believe that any company would allow this facility to operate in the manner they do. The long term guests are interesting, but have a door with a broken lock so it’s just open and no one seems to mind. The front desk was familiar with this issue and said they would have to call to have it fixed. Not to be outdone by the overflowing trash cans and non-existent breakfast. The waffle batter was full but the pour feature did not function. The meat was empty after telling this to the front desk and the individual “heating things up” , it continued to be that same excuse all morning. All this was a $300+ overnight and I’ve never been more upset than I was at paying that bill. We didn’t say a word because it is clear that locally there is not a desire to be concerned about the property or service. This needs to be resolved at the corporate level, this facility needs immediate assistance in management on all levels. And I would love to have at least $150 back as that would put us much closer to what that stay was worth. A room half under construction, but did have a stall shower with hot water. We wish we would have kept our reservation at the Red Roof Inn.

Annastyn Tisdale Berkley, MI

The employees were very kind and friendly, our room was just AMAZING! There pool was very nice and there breakfast bar is also very nice! I would recommend staying at la Quinta inn hotel!

Kris Denver, CO

To start off.... There is only a star because it would not let me write a review without one. I wouldn't even give this place negative stars!!! This is the worst place I have ever been at. First, the place did not have internet, causing staff to take over 30 minutes to check in one person. Once I finally got my key, heading towards my room, having to jump over trash from housekeeping I got to my room. There was only one towel, I went and asked the housekeeper for more since there was 4 of us. Went back to my room only to look at the beds, one of which clearly had blood on the bedding and mattress. I went and asked housekeeping who cleaned the room, she said she did. I asked her to look at the beds...she stated she only remade the one next to the door. (Hope I can attach pictures). I then asked the front staff for a number to contact the owner and was told I had to wait. I want a complete refund of my money and points! Nastiest place ever!!

Bengie Aguilar Sunnyside, WA

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night and it was the worst experience we have ever had with a hotel. The suite had not been cleaned well and there was hair in the jet tub which grossed me out. As a rule I always check the bed and when I took the linens off the mattress had a horrible huge stain on it that ran down the side of the mattress. There was hair everywhere on the mattress and the mattress pad, gross.......:( I took pictures and emailed them to the Manager at a later date. When I asked for reimbursement the Manager April refused. I will never stay at another Quinta Inn again. The WORST HOTEL EVER!

Wendy Shaw New Haven, CT

Definitely enjoyed my stay at the La Quinta Inn. Enjoyable staff. Beautiful rooms. The property I stayed at featured a pool ,free breakfast, free parking and shuttles. The amenities were great too! 24/7 front desk attendant was helpful also. Walking distance to fresh sea food bar a grill..Will definitely stay again.

J T Hamzah

The odor was so bad in the first room it was uninhabitable. The second room was tolerable. Smells like kennel. They do allow pets which we don’t travel with animals so we are probably more sensitive to animals smells. Will never stay there again

Daniel Rollins

I pre-paid for a night at the La Quinta Inn at 7550 Remcon Circle, El Paso, TX. I was on a road trip and got there late (around 2AM). They told me they had already given my room away because I was late, even though it was pre-paid through Expedia. They told me they had no rooms available and I had to go find another place to stay. Later when I tried to dispute it with Expedia, the hotel claims that I was a no-show and that they had plenty of rooms. Would not recommend to anyone who might possibly show up late since they will give your room away and then deny it. My kid and I had to stay in a different La Quinta further down the road which cost $25 more for our one night stay but it was better than the nothing that we got at this lousy place. Don't stay at the La Quinta at 7500 Remcon Circle in El Paso, TX if you can help it.

Jacks Friend Riverton, UT

I loved staying at La Quinta Inn. When I got there late at night, they were still awake and ready to help me. When there was trouble with my rental car, they were able to shuttle me to the place I needed to go. La Quinta Inn is the best hotel EVER!

Dan Rogers Fort Worth, TX

The La Quinta Inn Wichita Falls near MSU had a challenge with AC/ heat in our room - the last night we stayed there the option of changing temperature and mode did not affect a thing at all “ cool error- request service” was the print out on the thermostat — a little late to do that at midnight… The hot water in the shower had minimal pressure - cold water came out like gang busters! Front desk service was skimpy at best and almost non existent at times— the second day of our stay the key cards did not work so tried to go to front desk to get support. No one at the desk - five minutes was the wait so meanwhile a party of six adults and two kids came in to check in and the wait continued - my wife suggested perhaps the front desk attendee was outside smoking—— a gentleman from the large group went to check in the back parking lot and he then encountered an employee coming down in the elevator — so he and she walked to the front desk… my wife asked the man “ Was I right?” The man replied - “ met her at the elevator” To which the young lady behind the desk snapped, “‘ “ you can go stay at another hotel - I’ve give you a refund - I can do that because I am the general manager!” I understand the facility had numerous employee challenges and shortage but without knowing what my wife had said the retort was rude, aggressive, and uncalled for! Dan Rogers Forney Tx December 27 — our stay was two nights Dec 25 to 26

Judah Loeffler

With all the hotels I've stayed in over the years, I would have to say the LA Quinta Inn in Seguin Texas off Hwy 46, and I-10 has to be the nicest I've ever stayed in. The room was awesome, so very clean, crisp sheets and actually smelled good. The employees were so nice, and were eager to help with whatever was wanted or needed. The front desk clerk was so nice and got my group checked in promptly. The housekeeper manager was awesome also. I will definitely come back to this location. Kudos to you all.

Deb Lingner Springfield, IL

Terrible in Moline,il. We were told new owners from our last stay!! First, Couldn't use the bathtub. The shower knob was stuck up, and couldn't be released!! Second, the electrical outlet behind the fridge was 1/2 broken off, exposing wires! Fire in the making! Next, 2 draws couldn't be open or shut. They were broken. All these things were pointed out to the desk clerk that night. Her response was, "Most of the rooms on 1st floor had baths that didn't work". They were fully aware of all these issues. To top it off, she had said they invested in new mattresses. That's a joke. When 2 people laid on it, you both rolled to the middle. I suggested to her they work on these issues before their business was ran into the ground. She indicated the new owner really didn't care!! It's not over yet. Upon checking in you had to place a $100 damage deposit. She stated they checked the room before you could leave!! I questioned her on how we knew the room wasn't damaged BEFORE we rented it??? She said they would know lol. We went to check out the next morning.(4am early flight out) The clerk on duty said he had to check the roomto complete checkout!! We were already NOT happy due to everything listed above. He came back saying, "He smelled smoke in the bathroom!!!". He THOUGHT he was going to make a fast $100. NOT! We told him to not even go there!!!!! That topped the stay off!!! We will NEVER stay there again! It was like a night from H***!

MM Largo, FL

I liked this hotel because they allow pets and don't charge a fee. However, I had a bad experience with my last stay. There was some confusion as to what day we were checking out at the end of our week stay. They thought we were checking out a day earlier than we intended to and we were gone all day on the last day and when we returned our key wouldn't work. I went to the office to get it fixed and there was a note for the clerk to call the manager you our return. She put him on the phone with me and he chewed me out because we had not checked out that morning. I apologized cc and said we were supposed to check out the following day and apologized for the confusion and said I could pay for the extra night at that time. The manager said no and that we had to check out (this was around 10pm). Wonder we had been there a week we had quite alot of things in our room to pack. The manager came to the hotel from home and stood over us while we packed saying we had 15 minutes or he would call the police. I was in tears as we gathered our stuff in a mad rush throwing it into trash bags because it was faster than packing our suitcases. Three posting lot for the hotel was now than half empty so it's not like they needed the room. Extremely rude considering it was a simple misunderstanding. I will never return.

Cheyenne Taylor Louisville, KY

I would like to show appreciation for the housekeepers of the Laquinta Suites at location 13825 Terra View Trail Lou. Ky. For amazing hospitality especially our Favorite House Keepers Mrs. Robin& Ms.Laura..made us feel like family..again AMAZING Hospitality! 5 STARS FOR SURE .. Camacho Family

Brynlee Dalton Riverton, UT

La Quinta Inn is THE BEST hotel I have ever stayed at in my life! I came to the hotel very late at night, and they were still awake and ready to help me. When there was trouble with our rental car, La Quinta Inn's shuttle was able to get us where we needed to go! I loved staying here so much!

J B Sandy, UT

I love that no matter where I travel in the US, I can always find a La Quinta for a good night's sleep! I use them them a lot when I'm traveling solo for hiking and backpacking trips. The lower rates make them a good place to base out of on the front and back ends of the trip.

Laurel Dalton Riverton, UT

Our family has stayed at the La Quinta Inn from Missouri to Texas. Each and every time, we were astounded by the level of customer service provided. Upon one stay, we arrived late at night and needed transport early the next morning. The hotel staff was eager and willing to provide us with free transportation to and from our destinations.

Debora Paez Columbia, MO

La Quinta Inn is a great example of "you get what you pay for". The linen on the beds are usually clean and there is hot running water, things one might find essential for choosing where to spend a very short stay. Additionally the complimentary hot breakfast is nice including a waffle machine and sometimes even eggs depending on location. However, during COVID this was not the case. To my disappointment, the hotel packed breakfast bags for guests with a water bottle, a granola bar, and a piece of fruit wrapped in clear plastic like an apple. I appreciated the measures to avoid spreading of the virus but I was disappointed at how little they tried in regard to the food.

Heather Riverton, UT

La Quinta has clean and comfortable rooms. We were able to easily book the size room we needed for our family. The La Quinta location we stayed at offered a great, complimentary breakfast.

Alicia Mesa, AZ

I have only stayed at a La Quinta Inn a few times, but I don't have any big complaints! Their rooms were clean and the breakfast was good, especially for children. We stayed with multiple children and they all enjoyed the food. We enjoyed the location being near to a few different restaurants.

Marla Fitzpatrick Fort Worth, TX

The Laquinta Inn in OKC by the airport was very clean and accommodating. Jillian the manager helped me out and took care of me. She was professional and very pleasant. Good job to all the employees there. Thank you for a nice stay!

Catherine Reymer Saint Augustine, FL

My husband and I stayed at the la Quinta in Rock Hill , South Carolina during the storm, Doria, trying to get to our house in St Augustine. The date was Sept. 5th. A desk clerk , Nanette, went above and beyond with her kindness. We had a cat and we were told that the hotel was only dog friendly. She made sure that our reservation was honored. She used exceptional common sense. We were very grateful for making an exception concerning the pet issue. La Quinta should hire more employees such as Nanette.

Maria

I stayed at a La Quinta when moving from Montana to Nevada and it was late at night and they were very nice to me and allowed me to keep my pet in the room. It was cold outside snowing some so i really am grateful to be able to keep her in the room. I believe they charged me $10 more which i was glad to pay. The clerk was very nice and helpful too.

Diappointed La Conner, WA

I reserved 2 rooms for the upcoming weekend. We planned to stay 2 nights, my grandson plays football. We decided to originally book 2 nights because we didn't know his game schedule. I find that his schedule the first say is early evening and we can drive down the same day and only need a room for 1 night. I call to modify my reservation on the first room. I'm told there are no rooms available. I will not have hotel rooms in 2 different hotels. So I have to cancel the 2nd room. I really don't understand why I was not allowed to modify my reservation. I will not use Laquinta Inn again.

Mary Johnson Charlotte, NC

My Experience with La Quinta Was the Worst First I Arrived at the Macon Georgia Location located At 3944 River place Drive the Front desk clerk was not at the desk when I arrived there were Five Families standing waiting for him to return Once I got serviced I was very disappointed because I had arrived from a 14 hour drive just for the clerk to tell me They Do not accept Cash App Visa Cards Or Cash Which is all I had Also I had already booked the reservation for the room It was late at night and all I wanted was to get a room and rest The clerk was very disrespectful and rude .

CRose Susanville, CA

When I booked the room the website stated they had a continental breakfast, a fitness center, and a pool. When we arrived they had discontinued the breakfast due to covid and they offered us a chocolate muffin and a granola bar each day. They closed the fitness center and did not offer any sort of remedy. They refused to clean the rooms throughout the week, pick up the trash, bring extra towels, or bring fresh linens. When we went to the desk and asked for more towels they repeatedly questioned us about why we wanted more towels. We rented a scooter and they refused to allow the company to drop it off at the desk, even though the other hotels in the area do that. When we checked out, we asked if they could hold our luggage for a few hours, and they refused. This is probably the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel!

Shopman Herriman, UT

I have been pleasantly surprised with my stays at La Quinta Inns. They are clean and in good repair. The decor is bright and fun. I would definitely stay in one again.

Makayla Seidel OH

I stayed at the La Quinta in Pennsylvania for my first time. The hotel was very clean and neat looking. The breakfast was fresh and tasted very good. The prices were super affordable and I cannot get over the beds. My dad and I did not want to leave the hotel or get out of bed because of how comfortable they were. The pool was a little cold but my dad and I made the most out of the experience regardless. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Low rates and an overall positive experience at La Quinta Inn. Their amenities are great, clean and accessible. Their customer service is fantastic and they are often in really centric locations.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

La Quinta Inn is certainly more upscale than the common motel out there. I have utilized their accommodations and was very pleased at the cleanliness of rooms. They have great amenities as well. Price was perfect for what we needed at the time. Excellent all around.

McKinzie Figueroa Provo, UT

La Quinta is one of the cheaper hotels that you will find, but for the price you pay you it is amazing. We often like to travel with our dog and have never been charged a fee for having her with us. I love that even though they are a very pet friendly hotel you cannot tell that a pet has stayed there before. Even my dog does not go around sniffing like she normally would when there is a room that has had another dog in it. That tells me that they clean their rooms really well.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

The ones I have stayed in are always clean and well furnished. My family and I use this hotel every time we go to disney land. It is nice and close the the park and affordable. The free breakfast is satisfactory. Customer service has always been great.

Christina Lockett Frederick, MD

La Quinta Inn was a beautiful Inn. As soon as we walked in the floors were nice and shiny we could see our reflections in it. The staff was kind and wonderful they helped me and my family book a room. When we walked in the room I could smell the cleaning supplies that they used to clean the rooms. The beds were all nicely made up with an extra blanket on each bed. I would certainly go back to the La Quinta in the future.

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

We have stayed at LaQuinta many times over the years. Their rooms were always clean. They are very accomidating if you need to arrive late or you need extra ammenidies in the room such as more towels or pillows. Also they would make sure i could get a main floor room since i have problems with stairs. Their breakfast was clean and the food was warm and they wouldn't run out of items. Good variety of choices too.

Tyler Strieby Lehi, UT

Our family recently booked a local hotel at one of La Quinta's competitors. However, after checking in, we realized that the hotel we booked was unhealthily dirty. We didn't want to ruin our short family vacation, so we quickly checked out of that hotel and headed to a La Quinta Inn right down the street. The La Quinta Inn was spectacular! Their front desk got our family right into a comfortable and CLEAN room, their pool was amazing, the staff was friendly...Thank you for saving our vacation!

Trey Farner Norcross, GA

Staying in a LaQuinta was amazing. I stayed once with my dad for a soccer trip and it made me feel like I was still at home. And checking in was a breeze and the fest lady was super nice and helpful. And when we asked for more towels she did so with a smile on her face and made me feel more comfortable. Thank you for the amazing service. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

Malia Barnes Salt Lake City, UT

I recently stayed at the La Quinta by Wyndham in Logan Utah. The rooms were very clean and did not smell musty or smoky. The indoor pool and hot tub is very comfortable fresh and did not smell of chlorine. The staff was very nice and friendly I stayed with a large group for a tournament and the hotel is very accommodating us all together. I will definitely stay here again. Breakfast was great! Lots of fresh options.

Blair Salie Brantford, ON

Lobby personnel were very rude on check in Lobby looked nice walk down the hall time warp Old & dingy Elevator permit expired in Jan o1 21 Room was worse yet wall paper falling down Room stunk Dark & extremely out dated Needs major updating Price is double of what you should pay for a dump like Indio CA

Anoushka Ahuja Berlin, CT

These are 2 star hotel Chain and the newer properties are really nice and well decorated I love that they allow pets for free!

Boat Man Nashville, TN

I stayed at the Nashville, Donelson Pike location. Because I added a day to my stay I was charged a double pet fee and a double damage deposit. I stayed in the same room and housekeeping didn't have to clean it between reservations. The clerk on duty on Thanksgiving morning was rude and disrespectful. I stayed in other LaQuenta hotels in the past but will not stay in one in the future.

Heather Clark Yuma, AZ

I booked a room with La Quinta in Flagstaff, AZ. I did this directly through La Quinta's website, not a third party. The total cost (taxes, fees, etc.) was quoted as )126.00. I entered my card# and submitted payment. The total cost was $150.29 (original fee of $105. 81, with $44.48 in taxes, charges, and service fees! What deceitful advertising. I cancelled my reservation and will stay elsewhere. I will NEVER stay with La Quinta again due to this dishonesty and false advertising. Besides, WHO charges $44.48 in taxes, charges, and service fees? They've lost a formerly faithful customer!

stefnie willis Columbus, GA

I checked into my 2 bed room on June 27th 2021 at the Laquinta Inn North 1711 Rollins way in Columbus Ga. Staying with me was my 11 year old daughter and my 2 nieces ages 10 and 11. As I got to the room the GM was calling the phone in the room to tell me I had too many people in my room. He told me he was was coming to my room to count how many people were in there. The Gm actually came up to my room standing 2 feet away from me (without a mask on) yelling, disturbing guest, embarrassing, harassing and insulting me in front of my family. The Gm told me we had to leave HIS hotel for absolutely no reason at all. I was called a liar, I was told multiple times about how he had to put PEOPLE out for throwing parties in HIS hotel. I did not have any balloons, cake nor ice cream for the Gm to repeatedly tell me to pack my things up and leave. Angela, the FDC called me a liar and told me I told her I was only having 3 people in my room (I asked her was she calling me a liar and she said YES) . In the end the GM called the police on me to have my family and I escorted out of the hotel. Keep in mind that I spotted 2 separate families check in before me that had 5 people in their group (2 adults and 3 kids)!!! I was racially profiled and stereotyped as soon as I checked in for being black and having kids. He screwed up a relaxing and fun day I had planned for my family and he also took my hard earned points and I would like to know why!

Hank Kline DeBary, FL

Stayed at La Quinta St. Petersburg N. FL for two nights. Booked Handicapped room on first floor directly with Hotel. When I arrived they said first floor room wasn't available took second floor room. O'k since they had elevator. That night my wife went to take shower, and the seat provided on the tub was filthy. My wife thought it was POOP, I thought it may have been MOLD. Complained to front desk. Clerk came to room and agreed it was unacceptable and offered us handicapped room on third floor. Before I went to the trouble to pack everything and move my wife and I went to check out the room. We found the seat in the shower to be in the same disgusting condition. I told the front desk attendant I would remove the offending seat so my wife could shower without contamination. After I did, and then sanitized my hands my wife noticed there was no shower curtain. the clerk immediately brought one up and put it on for us. She took a shower , but the hand held shower would not stay up in the sliding mount, and about one half of the holes for the water to come out were clogged up. Since my wife has a medical condition which requires her to keep warm that night she was COLD we later found out that the heater is set so that the room will never get above 72* no matter what temperature you set it at. The hotel provided us with a portable electric heater the next morning, but hadn't told us about this the night before. Maintenance fixed the slide, but did nothing about the clogged hand shower head. Housekeeping did clean the folding seat on the tub. The next morning , while iI was seated in the office chair with loose arm rests at the desk eating breakfast, I noticed a bug crawling around on the desk. It got away before I could tell what kind of bug it was. The night desk clerk said he would take $20 off my bill for my trouble . I don't look forward to patronizing this establishment in the near future.

Eric Stephenson Norwalk, CA

Our recent stay at Greenway Phoenix area La Quinta was anything but good. With 4 persons in our room, we were given 2 towels and one roll of toilet paper. Upon those running out, we were told we would have to come back hours later for towel and toilet paper, they were completely out of. We were given tissue paper instead. Also area was full of pot smoking low life's.

Larson Riverton, UT

When we go on a trip with our families, we want to stay in a very comfortable place. At La Quinta, the beds were very comfortable, the swimming pool was warm, and the breakfast was delicious. We’ve enjoyed the times that we’ve spent at La Quinta.

Mary Johnson Plainfield, IN

We stayed at LaQuinta Smyrna TN, as we have several times before. I had a mistake on my bill, and problems with our room. I stated these problems on my feedback email I received, and got an email back from the Smyrna manager full of excuses, but no resolution to my billing problem. So I called Corporate offices, told my story. Waited on hold for quite awhile, only to be told I would receive a call from a supervisor within one week. It has been a week and a half. I have received no call. I would highly recommend not staying at La Quinta anywhere. You can get a much nicer room for a very comparable price, as they now charge 20.00 per night for pets. It is much nicer to stay at a hotel that has employees who care. Additionally, the Smyrna location is becoming quite rundown.

Roger bick Pearland, TX

I do not like hotels as a rule, but needed a dog friendly place. So stopped at the la Quinta off of I75. Accommodating staff, very good room considering the cost, and helpful. Overall a pleasant experience

Christopher

La Quinta Portland Oregon Airport is a basic inexpensive hotel. Convenient to airport with shuttles and park/fly plan. Indoor pool, hot tub, fitness facility. Delicious complete breakfast svc. Dog friendly. Nice range of local dining establishments.