La Quinta Inn Logo

7.0

LAST UPDATED: October 19th, 2021
Hotel Type: Economy
La Quinta Inn & Suites all started in 1968 by real estate entrepreneur siblings Sam and Phil Barshop. The name, La Quinta, is Spanish for “The Villa”. The first hotel was opened in San Antonio Texas across from the HemisFair 1968 World’s Fair. Today, a subsidiary of the Blackstone Group, the company owns and operates over 700 properties and franchises approximately 295 under various brand names.

The Good

• Amenities
  • Locations
  • Positive feedback
La Quinta Inn & Suites advertises its promise to provide free high quality amenities for all guests in general but business travelers in particular to "relax, recharge and enjoy". These free amenities include:
  • free Bright Side Breakfast®
  • free high-speed Internet
  • exclusive Bright Morning Bed® with a pillowtop mattress.
The hotel's business centers have flat-panel HDTVs and spacious, bright in-room work areas with ergonomic "task" chairs. Swimming pools are said to be available at most locations. There is also an on-site gym or complimentary passes to a local gym. Most La Quinta Inns are conveniently located near restaurants and shopping malls. Room types and setting vary by hotel. Company-owned hotels are standardized. Franchised hotels vary more. Each guest room has a:
  • television
  • iron
  • hair dryer
  • coffee maker
Positive feedback from guests typically revolves around the free breakfast options and the pillowtop beds:
  • Breakfast offers both cold and hot options. The first morning fresh fruit salad was provided but only bananas and apples were on the buffet the other two mornings.
  • Hot options varied from day to day with make your own waffles, instant oatmeal, toast, scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes remaining a constant. Cold options included yogurt, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, breakfast pastries.
  • Breakfast buffet staff were very attentive and refilled things constantly. Hot sauce is provided.
  • The Beauty Rest pillow top mattress is so comfy...sheets are soft, and the pillows are great. One guest commented on it at checkout and the staff gave her a card with the information about the mattress, and purchased one for her home.

The Bad

• Authenticity
  • Consistency
  • Complaints
La Quinta may have some authenticity issues regarding its Spanish/South Western themed décor that makes it unique. Unfortunately, the southern roots of the architecture have been watered down by its franchising of older hotel chains like the former Budgetel Inn. Speaking of the franchised hotels, they lack consistency in amenities, so guests can have totally opposite experiences at two different hotels in the same area.  The company-owned hotels have standardized accommodations, but which ones do and don't will be something guests have to find out after they get to the hotel and check in (i.e. when it's too late). Standard complaints:
  • usually no on-site dining on the premises (outside of the free breakfast)
  • Towels provided on the first day of stay were good, but the next two days the towels provided had definitely seen a lot of wear, were both rough and greyish rather than white.
  • The toiletries were okay but guests recommend bringing your own if you like a bit of luxury.
  • No ketchup provided with breakfast. Have to bring your own.
  • Rooms facing the street are loud throughout the night and early morning.

The Bottom Line

If you're going for the Spanish theme, you may be disappointed. The building may also lack updating on the outside. Once inside, guests are typically impressed with the accommodations. Amenities vary from one hotel to the next depending on if it is a company-owned hotel or if it a franchise. Franchises function a bit more independently and may not be up to the La Quinta brand standards. Prices are reasonable-especially when getting hotel discounts through a third party or membership benefits, but people generally wouldn't say it is worth paying regular price. Major highlights include the full service hot and cold breakfast and the trademarked pillow top mattresses and pillows in the guest rooms. Guests also will appreciate the hotel being pet-friendly and having free internet access. Non-smokers will love the 100% smoke-free premises but smokers will not share the same sentiment.

3.4

Marla Fitzpatrick Fort Worth, TX

The Laquinta Inn in OKC by the airport was very clean and accommodating. Jillian the manager helped me out and took care of me. She was professional and very pleasant. Good job to all the employees there. Thank you for a nice stay!

Doug Foerch Libertyville, IL

This is one of the best places to stay on a budget. Even though the cost is low, you get a fairly good quality.

Belinda Manning Austin, TX

La Quinta in san marcos, tx is a place I will never return to. Reception is rude. They don’t clean the rooms or change the sheets. My sheets were dirty from the previous guest. Trash in the drawers, sex toy in the drawers, BUGS everywhere even in the bed. Blood on the wall, I could go on and on but please know this place is disgusting. Other guests smoking meth. Im guessing this is a bad area because some of the other guest were taking pool noodles away from other guest children. Hell hole is what this is.

Christina Lockett Frederick, MD

La Quinta Inn was a beautiful Inn. As soon as we walked in the floors were nice and shiny we could see our reflections in it. The staff was kind and wonderful they helped me and my family book a room. When we walked in the room I could smell the cleaning supplies that they used to clean the rooms. The beds were all nicely made up with an extra blanket on each bed. I would certainly go back to the La Quinta in the future.

Yolanda Queer Shelley, ID

La Quinta Inns are on the lower end of the hotel spectrum on the wow-factor. They aren't as nice and have been more dirty whenever I've been in one. Their staff is friendly, though.

stefnie willis Columbus, GA

I checked into my 2 bed room on June 27th 2021 at the Laquinta Inn North 1711 Rollins way in Columbus Ga. Staying with me was my 11 year old daughter and my 2 nieces ages 10 and 11. As I got to the room the GM was calling the phone in the room to tell me I had too many people in my room. He told me he was was coming to my room to count how many people were in there. The Gm actually came up to my room standing 2 feet away from me (without a mask on) yelling, disturbing guest, embarrassing, harassing and insulting me in front of my family. The Gm told me we had to leave HIS hotel for absolutely no reason at all. I was called a liar, I was told multiple times about how he had to put PEOPLE out for throwing parties in HIS hotel. I did not have any balloons, cake nor ice cream for the Gm to repeatedly tell me to pack my things up and leave. Angela, the FDC called me a liar and told me I told her I was only having 3 people in my room (I asked her was she calling me a liar and she said YES) . In the end the GM called the police on me to have my family and I escorted out of the hotel. Keep in mind that I spotted 2 separate families check in before me that had 5 people in their group (2 adults and 3 kids)!!! I was racially profiled and stereotyped as soon as I checked in for being black and having kids. He screwed up a relaxing and fun day I had planned for my family and he also took my hard earned points and I would like to know why!

Eric Vollmer LA

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge Denham Springs. They lie about the hot breakfast. I requested a wake up call and got non and my wife cute her foot on the broken hot tube tile. There reaction to all this, “have a nice day”. I will not stay with them ever again.

Bg San Angelo, TX

The laquinta in Wichita Falls is no good. We stayed there they had no towels for our room and there was towels that had been used as well in the tub. We have tried to reach out to the property and made a complaint with them as well the corporate office and no response or reaching out to us as well. I will not recommend that La Quinta at all.

Robert Lam Denver, CO

We stayed at the LaQuinta Inn off of Maple and I-680 in Omaha, NE. When we pulled up we noticed that they are in the process of renovating the hotel. With that being said, it does not excuse this place of having mold on the grout in the shower. The shower floor was brown from dirt stains as was the sink. The metal edging on the pillow top matress is starting to come through the fabric. We have taken pictures and videos of this room to put them on social media if something isn’t done.

Hank Kline DeBary, FL

Stayed at La Quinta St. Petersburg N. FL for two nights. Booked Handicapped room on first floor directly with Hotel. When I arrived they said first floor room wasn't available took second floor room. O'k since they had elevator. That night my wife went to take shower, and the seat provided on the tub was filthy. My wife thought it was POOP, I thought it may have been MOLD. Complained to front desk. Clerk came to room and agreed it was unacceptable and offered us handicapped room on third floor. Before I went to the trouble to pack everything and move my wife and I went to check out the room. We found the seat in the shower to be in the same disgusting condition. I told the front desk attendant I would remove the offending seat so my wife could shower without contamination. After I did, and then sanitized my hands my wife noticed there was no shower curtain. the clerk immediately brought one up and put it on for us. She took a shower , but the hand held shower would not stay up in the sliding mount, and about one half of the holes for the water to come out were clogged up. Since my wife has a medical condition which requires her to keep warm that night she was COLD we later found out that the heater is set so that the room will never get above 72* no matter what temperature you set it at. The hotel provided us with a portable electric heater the next morning, but hadn't told us about this the night before. Maintenance fixed the slide, but did nothing about the clogged hand shower head. Housekeeping did clean the folding seat on the tub. The next morning , while iI was seated in the office chair with loose arm rests at the desk eating breakfast, I noticed a bug crawling around on the desk. It got away before I could tell what kind of bug it was. The night desk clerk said he would take $20 off my bill for my trouble . I don't look forward to patronizing this establishment in the near future.

Catherine Reymer Saint Augustine, FL

My husband and I stayed at the la Quinta in Rock Hill , South Carolina during the storm, Doria, trying to get to our house in St Augustine. The date was Sept. 5th. A desk clerk , Nanette, went above and beyond with her kindness. We had a cat and we were told that the hotel was only dog friendly. She made sure that our reservation was honored. She used exceptional common sense. We were very grateful for making an exception concerning the pet issue. La Quinta should hire more employees such as Nanette.

Maria

I stayed at a La Quinta when moving from Montana to Nevada and it was late at night and they were very nice to me and allowed me to keep my pet in the room. It was cold outside snowing some so i really am grateful to be able to keep her in the room. I believe they charged me $10 more which i was glad to pay. The clerk was very nice and helpful too.

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

Always dirty, seriously even the toilet wasn't clean during my last stay for a business trip. sheets feel itchy and gross, and the rooms always smell bad.

Debbie Hardy CA

Stayed here one night to go to airport four adults only two towels no wash cloth call for more towels and told they don't have any and that we need to share what we had the place is dirty elevators nasty person outside trash can high will not stay here again we are paying people rate this place a zero

Rebecca Hagerman Sylacauga, AL

La Quinta Inn and suites East Parker drive Lakeland Florida is by far the dirtiest unclean unkept hotel I have ever laid my eyes on hookers getting dropped off in the parking lot people dropped off carefuls of teenagers off in bathing suits places utterly filthy yo should be ashamed even have your name on such a place look at the reviews if you don't believe me

Darci Vasquez Spokane, WA

I have stayed at La Quinta Inn many times and have had great experiences! I like how they give free breakfast in the morning and keep it clean and have good customer service. And it is more affordable than other hotels.

Destini Ferguson Tallahassee, FL

It is a 2-3 star hotel, but the employees could still put in effort to offer a clean and welcoming space. I have stayed in a few of these, due to travel. The sheets are usually stained, and room service doesn't check the entire room. Once I found shoes and food under the bed. At another location there was boogers all over the bathroom wall! The front desk is never at the desk. So I am always waiting to be checked-in. I only stay here if you must. At least there are no bed-bugs. The property also has good lighting at night.

Karli American Fork, UT

I always love staying in a La Quinta Inn! They are always very nice, spacious rooms with great breakfast and service. Room service is amazing and the housekeeping keeps the rooms tidy and smelling nice.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

La Quinta Inn is certainly more upscale than the common motel out there. I have utilized their accommodations and was very pleased at the cleanliness of rooms. They have great amenities as well. Price was perfect for what we needed at the time. Excellent all around.

McKinzie Figueroa Provo, UT

La Quinta is one of the cheaper hotels that you will find, but for the price you pay you it is amazing. We often like to travel with our dog and have never been charged a fee for having her with us. I love that even though they are a very pet friendly hotel you cannot tell that a pet has stayed there before. Even my dog does not go around sniffing like she normally would when there is a room that has had another dog in it. That tells me that they clean their rooms really well.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

The ones I have stayed in are always clean and well furnished. My family and I use this hotel every time we go to disney land. It is nice and close the the park and affordable. The free breakfast is satisfactory. Customer service has always been great.

Tyrius Thompson Loganville, GA

The best stay I had so far, made sure you was good everytime

Stefanie Ewer Providence, UT

Our family always tries to stay at a La Quinta when traveling. The beds are comfortable, the breakfasts are nice hot breakfasts and the employees are always friendly. The La Quinta in Meridian Idaho is one of the best. It’s is also great to earn points and earn free nights.

vinylguy Cleveland, OH

Erie Pa., Very, Very poor quality hotel. No pool, no fitness machines. Shower dirty and the room had bugs. just wish i could leave photo's so that you can see for yourself.. do not stay there.

larry felhauer Denver, CO

Stayed at the Pueblo, CO hotel. Place was worn and dirty. Carpets look as though they've never been cleaned. Only good thing was the guy at the front desk. I would never stay here again!

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

We have stayed at LaQuinta many times over the years. Their rooms were always clean. They are very accomidating if you need to arrive late or you need extra ammenidies in the room such as more towels or pillows. Also they would make sure i could get a main floor room since i have problems with stairs. Their breakfast was clean and the food was warm and they wouldn't run out of items. Good variety of choices too.

Tyler Strieby Lehi, UT

Our family recently booked a local hotel at one of La Quinta's competitors. However, after checking in, we realized that the hotel we booked was unhealthily dirty. We didn't want to ruin our short family vacation, so we quickly checked out of that hotel and headed to a La Quinta Inn right down the street. The La Quinta Inn was spectacular! Their front desk got our family right into a comfortable and CLEAN room, their pool was amazing, the staff was friendly...Thank you for saving our vacation!

Trey Farner Norcross, GA

Staying in a LaQuinta was amazing. I stayed once with my dad for a soccer trip and it made me feel like I was still at home. And checking in was a breeze and the fest lady was super nice and helpful. And when we asked for more towels she did so with a smile on her face and made me feel more comfortable. Thank you for the amazing service. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

Malia Barnes Salt Lake City, UT

I recently stayed at the La Quinta by Wyndham in Logan Utah. The rooms were very clean and did not smell musty or smoky. The indoor pool and hot tub is very comfortable fresh and did not smell of chlorine. The staff was very nice and friendly I stayed with a large group for a tournament and the hotel is very accommodating us all together. I will definitely stay here again. Breakfast was great! Lots of fresh options.

Rodrigo Bejarano Little Rock, AR

They tried to charge me $30.00 per night for parking, without previous notice, I mean, I won't read the small letter in a 3 day stay contract. I learned it only after driving more than 500 miles and arrive at the hotel. I went to another hotel that provided free parking (in Austin, TX)

Angela Roberts Riverdale, GA

The fact they charge you a $100 extra for room damage. I'm a grown up not a child you quickly take my money but tell me 3 to 5 days to put it back never again and I will not refer you all

Mark Benson Nakhon Sawan, 60

La Quinta Inns are not my favorite to say the least. They usually feel very unclean and the complimentary breakfast is never worth eating. The employees are also not always the nicest.

Madisen Cluff Los Angeles, CA

I went to a La Quinta Inn with my sister on our way to visit our parents. The places smelled heavily of smoke and bo. The man working at the front desk was nice but gave off a really creepy vibe. Other than that the room was alright and the bathroom looked clean.

Amber Thompson Show Low, AZ

I have no complaints about this hotel. It has always been clean and a nice stay. I believe this was the place that provides movie theater popcorn and a store to buy ice-cream and snacks! Genius!

Eric Stephenson Norwalk, CA

Our recent stay at Greenway Phoenix area La Quinta was anything but good. With 4 persons in our room, we were given 2 towels and one roll of toilet paper. Upon those running out, we were told we would have to come back hours later for towel and toilet paper, they were completely out of. We were given tissue paper instead. Also area was full of pot smoking low life's.

Larson Riverton, UT

When we go on a trip with our families, we want to stay in a very comfortable place. At La Quinta, the beds were very comfortable, the swimming pool was warm, and the breakfast was delicious. We’ve enjoyed the times that we’ve spent at La Quinta.

Mary Johnson Plainfield, IN

We stayed at LaQuinta Smyrna TN, as we have several times before. I had a mistake on my bill, and problems with our room. I stated these problems on my feedback email I received, and got an email back from the Smyrna manager full of excuses, but no resolution to my billing problem. So I called Corporate offices, told my story. Waited on hold for quite awhile, only to be told I would receive a call from a supervisor within one week. It has been a week and a half. I have received no call. I would highly recommend not staying at La Quinta anywhere. You can get a much nicer room for a very comparable price, as they now charge 20.00 per night for pets. It is much nicer to stay at a hotel that has employees who care. Additionally, the Smyrna location is becoming quite rundown.

Roger bick Pearland, TX

I do not like hotels as a rule, but needed a dog friendly place. So stopped at the la Quinta off of I75. Accommodating staff, very good room considering the cost, and helpful. Overall a pleasant experience

Christopher

La Quinta Portland Oregon Airport is a basic inexpensive hotel. Convenient to airport with shuttles and park/fly plan. Indoor pool, hot tub, fitness facility. Delicious complete breakfast svc. Dog friendly. Nice range of local dining establishments.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I have stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Irvine, CA a number of times. I like the pricing they offer there to be right in Orange County & only 20 minutes away from the beach. The biggest complaint I had was the hotel being by the train tracks. It got really loud at times. Other than that, loved the location, service of hotel & room. Will totally stay there again.

Patrick Orem, UT

I stayed in the Rexburg hotel at La Quinta. We arrived kind of late to the hotel and it took awhile to find someone to help us. But they gave us a non-smoking room which was nice. The hotel was a bit old but it was one of the best hotels in Rexburg.

austin pliler Layton, UT

I recently stayed at La Quinta for the first time. It was clean, the customer service was amazing, and it was an overall good experience. I’ll definitely use it again if I ever need to.

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

We stayed at a La Quinta in LA by the airport. It was clean and super cute. I only have an issue with the fact that I got charged money for having a dog in my room when they said no dogs allowed. We did not have a dog in the room.

Christyan Bennett Mobile, AL

La Quinta Inns and Suites is my family’s favorite hotel out there. They have amazing warm and welcoming hospitality. The breakfast is always hot and delicious. They always have so much to offer for such a great price. Most Recommended!

Hill Country Texan Victoria, TX

Our vehicle had a window smashed ~3am, along with 2-3 other vehicles. Local PD told us it's an ongoing issue (note the signs in the parking lot). LQ needs to hire additional Security.

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

La Quinta is a good place to stay, I can’t really complain about it other than it’s not my favorite place to stay. If we’re on a budget we always choose La Quinta.

Tammy West Valley City, UT

La Quinta has a way of making you feel like a special quest. The rooms were clean and cozy. The staff attentive and the stay absolutely perfect.

Jeff Curtis Mapleton, UT

La Quinta is always dependable for an affordable, clean room. Whenever I get stranded in an airport I know I will call and get a free shuttle too

Sharly Verlare West Dundee, IL

This is our 5th stay at La Quinta Inn in Mesilla Valley. Every year has been good, except last year and this year being the worst. It started with the manager getting into it with my husband because he had called in ahead of time to request we be away from the dog section due to barking dogs throughout the night during one of our stays. We wanted a restful sleep if possible. She said they don’t take that type of request and he said a staff member asked if he had any special requests when he originally made the reservation. She seemed to get upset stating he was racist against dogs. It was blown out of proportion. The manager even threatened to cancel our reservation. Unbelievable!! We had no housekeeping service until the later part of the 2nd day and that was only to change the 1 small overflowing trash can in the bathroom. There was no further housekeeping for the remainder 5 days. No clean wash cloths or towels, no replacement shampoo or soap. I had to go to the Dollar Tree to buy cups, shampoo and soap. No beds made. There’s not even a pen or scrap piece of paper to write on. The outlet covers have been covered with a plastic plate, so there very few outlets to use. We had to unplug the lights and clock to use that outlet to charge our phones. Sink constantly stops up and you have to wait for it to drain. Curtains don’t close all the way because they are ripped and hanging from the top. We had a smashed cockroach stuck to the wall by our bed. The hallway and stairs never looked like they have been vacuumed. We felt like we were the housekeeping with having to bag and empty our own garbage. It should’ve been brought up to us when we checked in that there would be no housekeeping service and if we needed anything to come to the front desk. That was never stated at all. We are beyond disappointed and most likely will not return here.

Andree Spark-DePass Rhinebeck, NY

DON'T GO TO THE BOHEMIA, NY - LA QUINTA UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET COVID- IT'S FILTHY, AND GROSS!!!! We have been to the Bohemia, NY -La Quinta multiple times. This time was during the Pandemic, and what we saw was truly dangerous and horrifying. I was uneasy staying at a hotel during the Pandemic, but was assured by the La Quinta website that they were going ALL OUT in terms of cleaning and disinfecting. I brought my disinfectant wipes anyway, just to be sure. THANK GOD I DID!! This room hadn't even been swept out (tons of hair on the bathroom floor, dirty light switch, and fawcett ) YUCK!! When I cleaned off the air conditioner (it's summer, so everyone is using it, windows didn't open!) I could have scraped the nastiness, food, grease, filth, and fingerprints off the surfaces with my fingernail. My GOD, this place hasn't been properly cleaned in many, many guests. EVERYTHING was filthy!!! All surfaces that I cleaned with a wipe, came back with black filth, hair, grease, you name it. If it hadn't been so late when we arrived, we would have slept in our car to avoid this place. So, if this is how they're cleaning the surfaces, you think they're disinfecting the air with disinfectant spray, and switching on the air conditioners, and fans? Well our room was warm when we arrived and smelled of mildew. It turns out when we checked in the morning that the air conditioner had been leaking onto the carpeting (no wonder they had switched it off!) We did let the front desk know about our concerns on our way out. They said "oh sorry". What the heck is wrong with the front desk staff, cleaners, management, and the Wyndham organization that owns it, is there no oversight. P.S. I first tried to leave my comments on their website, but surprise, surprise, when you hit "submit" nothing happens, so there is no recourse, but a bad review. How sad, they don't even want to know how bad their hotels are. Save your health, and possibly your life... DON'T stay at the BOHEMIA, NY - La QUINTA