La Quinta Inn Logo

7.1

Hotel Type: Economy
La Quinta Inn & Suites all started in 1968 by real estate entrepreneur siblings Sam and Phil Barshop. The name, La Quinta, is Spanish for “The Villa”. The first hotel was opened in San Antonio Texas across from the HemisFair 1968 World’s Fair. Today, a subsidiary of the Blackstone Group, the company owns and operates over 700 properties and franchises approximately 295 under various brand names.

The Good

• Amenities
  • Locations
  • Positive feedback
La Quinta Inn & Suites advertises its promise to provide free high quality amenities for all guests in general but business travelers in particular to "relax, recharge and enjoy". These free amenities include:
  • free Bright Side Breakfast®
  • free high-speed Internet
  • exclusive Bright Morning Bed® with a pillowtop mattress.
The hotel's business centers have flat-panel HDTVs and spacious, bright in-room work areas with ergonomic "task" chairs. Swimming pools are said to be available at most locations. There is also an on-site gym or complimentary passes to a local gym. Most La Quinta Inns are conveniently located near restaurants and shopping malls. Room types and setting vary by hotel. Company-owned hotels are standardized. Franchised hotels vary more. Each guest room has a:
  • television
  • iron
  • hair dryer
  • coffee maker
Positive feedback from guests typically revolves around the free breakfast options and the pillowtop beds:
  • Breakfast offers both cold and hot options. The first morning fresh fruit salad was provided but only bananas and apples were on the buffet the other two mornings.
  • Hot options varied from day to day with make your own waffles, instant oatmeal, toast, scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes remaining a constant. Cold options included yogurt, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, breakfast pastries.
  • Breakfast buffet staff were very attentive and refilled things constantly. Hot sauce is provided.
  • The Beauty Rest pillow top mattress is so comfy...sheets are soft, and the pillows are great. One guest commented on it at checkout and the staff gave her a card with the information about the mattress, and purchased one for her home.

The Bad

• Authenticity
  • Consistency
  • Complaints
La Quinta may have some authenticity issues regarding its Spanish/South Western themed décor that makes it unique. Unfortunately, the southern roots of the architecture have been watered down by its franchising of older hotel chains like the former Budgetel Inn. Speaking of the franchised hotels, they lack consistency in amenities, so guests can have totally opposite experiences at two different hotels in the same area.  The company-owned hotels have standardized accommodations, but which ones do and don't will be something guests have to find out after they get to the hotel and check in (i.e. when it's too late). Standard complaints:
  • usually no on-site dining on the premises (outside of the free breakfast)
  • Towels provided on the first day of stay were good, but the next two days the towels provided had definitely seen a lot of wear, were both rough and greyish rather than white.
  • The toiletries were okay but guests recommend bringing your own if you like a bit of luxury.
  • No ketchup provided with breakfast. Have to bring your own.
  • Rooms facing the street are loud throughout the night and early morning.

The Bottom Line

If you're going for the Spanish theme, you may be disappointed. The building may also lack updating on the outside. Once inside, guests are typically impressed with the accommodations. Amenities vary from one hotel to the next depending on if it is a company-owned hotel or if it a franchise. Franchises function a bit more independently and may not be up to the La Quinta brand standards. Prices are reasonable-especially when getting hotel discounts through a third party or membership benefits, but people generally wouldn't say it is worth paying regular price. Major highlights include the full service hot and cold breakfast and the trademarked pillow top mattresses and pillows in the guest rooms. Guests also will appreciate the hotel being pet-friendly and having free internet access. Non-smokers will love the 100% smoke-free premises but smokers will not share the same sentiment.

3.6

Hank Kline DeBary, FL

Stayed at La Quinta St. Petersburg N. FL for two nights. Booked Handicapped room on first floor directly with Hotel. When I arrived they said first floor room wasn't available took second floor room. O'k since they had elevator. That night my wife went to take shower, and the seat provided on the tub was filthy. My wife thought it was POOP, I thought it may have been MOLD. Complained to front desk. Clerk came to room and agreed it was unacceptable and offered us handicapped room on third floor. Before I went to the trouble to pack everything and move my wife and I went to check out the room. We found the seat in the shower to be in the same disgusting condition. I told the front desk attendant I would remove the offending seat so my wife could shower without contamination. After I did, and then sanitized my hands my wife noticed there was no shower curtain. the clerk immediately brought one up and put it on for us. She took a shower , but the hand held shower would not stay up in the sliding mount, and about one half of the holes for the water to come out were clogged up. Since my wife has a medical condition which requires her to keep warm that night she was COLD we later found out that the heater is set so that the room will never get above 72* no matter what temperature you set it at. The hotel provided us with a portable electric heater the next morning, but hadn't told us about this the night before. Maintenance fixed the slide, but did nothing about the clogged hand shower head. Housekeeping did clean the folding seat on the tub. The next morning , while iI was seated in the office chair with loose arm rests at the desk eating breakfast, I noticed a bug crawling around on the desk. It got away before I could tell what kind of bug it was. The night desk clerk said he would take $20 off my bill for my trouble . I don't look forward to patronizing this establishment in the near future.

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

We have stayed at LaQuinta many times over the years. Their rooms were always clean. They are very accomidating if you need to arrive late or you need extra ammenidies in the room such as more towels or pillows. Also they would make sure i could get a main floor room since i have problems with stairs. Their breakfast was clean and the food was warm and they wouldn't run out of items. Good variety of choices too.

Amber Thompson Show Low, AZ

I have no complaints about this hotel. It has always been clean and a nice stay. I believe this was the place that provides movie theater popcorn and a store to buy ice-cream and snacks! Genius!

Karli American Fork, UT

I always love staying in a La Quinta Inn! They are always very nice, spacious rooms with great breakfast and service. Room service is amazing and the housekeeping keeps the rooms tidy and smelling nice.

austin pliler Layton, UT

I recently stayed at La Quinta for the first time. It was clean, the customer service was amazing, and it was an overall good experience. I’ll definitely use it again if I ever need to.

Tyler Strieby Lehi, UT

Our family recently booked a local hotel at one of La Quinta's competitors. However, after checking in, we realized that the hotel we booked was unhealthily dirty. We didn't want to ruin our short family vacation, so we quickly checked out of that hotel and headed to a La Quinta Inn right down the street. The La Quinta Inn was spectacular! Their front desk got our family right into a comfortable and CLEAN room, their pool was amazing, the staff was friendly...Thank you for saving our vacation!

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

La Quinta is a good place to stay, I can’t really complain about it other than it’s not my favorite place to stay. If we’re on a budget we always choose La Quinta.

Tammy West Valley City, UT

La Quinta has a way of making you feel like a special quest. The rooms were clean and cozy. The staff attentive and the stay absolutely perfect.

Stefanie Ewer Providence, UT

Our family always tries to stay at a La Quinta when traveling. The beds are comfortable, the breakfasts are nice hot breakfasts and the employees are always friendly. The La Quinta in Meridian Idaho is one of the best. It’s is also great to earn points and earn free nights.

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

We stayed at a La Quinta in LA by the airport. It was clean and super cute. I only have an issue with the fact that I got charged money for having a dog in my room when they said no dogs allowed. We did not have a dog in the room.

Catherine Reymer Saint Augustine, FL

My husband and I stayed at the la Quinta in Rock Hill , South Carolina during the storm, Doria, trying to get to our house in St Augustine. The date was Sept. 5th. A desk clerk , Nanette, went above and beyond with her kindness. We had a cat and we were told that the hotel was only dog friendly. She made sure that our reservation was honored. She used exceptional common sense. We were very grateful for making an exception concerning the pet issue. La Quinta should hire more employees such as Nanette.

Maria

I stayed at a La Quinta when moving from Montana to Nevada and it was late at night and they were very nice to me and allowed me to keep my pet in the room. It was cold outside snowing some so i really am grateful to be able to keep her in the room. I believe they charged me $10 more which i was glad to pay. The clerk was very nice and helpful too.

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

La Quinta Inn is one of my top go-to's for hotel stays. Clean and friendly staff is my top criteria.

jingqi lei Rockville, MD

this is a hotel for middle class customer. The hotel is not fancy but very homey. the front desk is friendly, and the room is clean.

Jeff Curtis Mapleton, UT

La Quinta is always dependable for an affordable, clean room. Whenever I get stranded in an airport I know I will call and get a free shuttle too

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Always a great option for a cheap night's stay on a long road trip. Rooms are usually small, but have great themes/designs.

Sharly Verlare West Dundee, IL

This is our 5th stay at La Quinta Inn in Mesilla Valley. Every year has been good, except last year and this year being the worst. It started with the manager getting into it with my husband because he had called in ahead of time to request we be away from the dog section due to barking dogs throughout the night during one of our stays. We wanted a restful sleep if possible. She said they don’t take that type of request and he said a staff member asked if he had any special requests when he originally made the reservation. She seemed to get upset stating he was racist against dogs. It was blown out of proportion. The manager even threatened to cancel our reservation. Unbelievable!! We had no housekeeping service until the later part of the 2nd day and that was only to change the 1 small overflowing trash can in the bathroom. There was no further housekeeping for the remainder 5 days. No clean wash cloths or towels, no replacement shampoo or soap. I had to go to the Dollar Tree to buy cups, shampoo and soap. No beds made. There’s not even a pen or scrap piece of paper to write on. The outlet covers have been covered with a plastic plate, so there very few outlets to use. We had to unplug the lights and clock to use that outlet to charge our phones. Sink constantly stops up and you have to wait for it to drain. Curtains don’t close all the way because they are ripped and hanging from the top. We had a smashed cockroach stuck to the wall by our bed. The hallway and stairs never looked like they have been vacuumed. We felt like we were the housekeeping with having to bag and empty our own garbage. It should’ve been brought up to us when we checked in that there would be no housekeeping service and if we needed anything to come to the front desk. That was never stated at all. We are beyond disappointed and most likely will not return here.

Andree Spark-DePass Rhinebeck, NY

DON'T GO TO THE BOHEMIA, NY - LA QUINTA UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET COVID- IT'S FILTHY, AND GROSS!!!! We have been to the Bohemia, NY -La Quinta multiple times. This time was during the Pandemic, and what we saw was truly dangerous and horrifying. I was uneasy staying at a hotel during the Pandemic, but was assured by the La Quinta website that they were going ALL OUT in terms of cleaning and disinfecting. I brought my disinfectant wipes anyway, just to be sure. THANK GOD I DID!! This room hadn't even been swept out (tons of hair on the bathroom floor, dirty light switch, and fawcett ) YUCK!! When I cleaned off the air conditioner (it's summer, so everyone is using it, windows didn't open!) I could have scraped the nastiness, food, grease, filth, and fingerprints off the surfaces with my fingernail. My GOD, this place hasn't been properly cleaned in many, many guests. EVERYTHING was filthy!!! All surfaces that I cleaned with a wipe, came back with black filth, hair, grease, you name it. If it hadn't been so late when we arrived, we would have slept in our car to avoid this place. So, if this is how they're cleaning the surfaces, you think they're disinfecting the air with disinfectant spray, and switching on the air conditioners, and fans? Well our room was warm when we arrived and smelled of mildew. It turns out when we checked in the morning that the air conditioner had been leaking onto the carpeting (no wonder they had switched it off!) We did let the front desk know about our concerns on our way out. They said "oh sorry". What the heck is wrong with the front desk staff, cleaners, management, and the Wyndham organization that owns it, is there no oversight. P.S. I first tried to leave my comments on their website, but surprise, surprise, when you hit "submit" nothing happens, so there is no recourse, but a bad review. How sad, they don't even want to know how bad their hotels are. Save your health, and possibly your life... DON'T stay at the BOHEMIA, NY - La QUINTA

A. Cheer Snohomish, WA

I stayed Marysville, Wa. 2nights @LaQuinta w/my 2 children. I noticed they charged my credit card $250 after I checked out. I called Mon, Tues, Thur, & Fri. Finally spoke to supervisor which I found out later he was manager (Joe A). He tell me there was missing top sheet & 2 towels. Myself or my children did not take NOTHING from this hotel. My Children & I didn't even get into the bed, we slept on top of the comforter w/our own blankets & pillows. Joe A told me he would refund me 1/2 my money. Which I have not seen yet. I would rather have all my money back therefore I have never stolen anything from anyone or anybody in my life. When I called the hotel not once did anyone return my call, not once. Joe told me Friday "oh I was just going to call you" but no reason why he didn't return my call all week? I'm so disappointed & felt there accusing me of theft. I'm so angry & disappointed with this hotels customer service........ I was staying 2nights in this hotel because I was getting my bathrooms remodeled in my home.

Emily Larsen Lindon, UT

This spring we had travel plans that changed unfortunately. Like many other people. They were so quick to fully refund our money. Cant wait to stay with them again soon.

Chelsey Smith ,

We just stayed at LA Quinta in Boise Idaho this last weekend. I love how they offer 2 Queen beds and a sofa couch! It fits our families needs perfectly.

Eric Stephenson Norwalk, CA

Our recent stay at Greenway Phoenix area La Quinta was anything but good. With 4 persons in our room, we were given 2 towels and one roll of toilet paper. Upon those running out, we were told we would have to come back hours later for towel and toilet paper, they were completely out of. We were given tissue paper instead. Also area was full of pot smoking low life's.

AF ,

The La Quinta hotel we stayed at was a little bit dated, but the local staff kept it very clean. We booked this hotel a long time ago .... after the pandemic started spreading the rate of the room went down. They matched our price to the lower one.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

La Quinta Inn is certainly more upscale than the common motel out there. I have utilized their accommodations and was very pleased at the cleanliness of rooms. They have great amenities as well. Price was perfect for what we needed at the time. Excellent all around.

McKinzie Figueroa Provo, UT

La Quinta is one of the cheaper hotels that you will find, but for the price you pay you it is amazing. We often like to travel with our dog and have never been charged a fee for having her with us. I love that even though they are a very pet friendly hotel you cannot tell that a pet has stayed there before. Even my dog does not go around sniffing like she normally would when there is a room that has had another dog in it. That tells me that they clean their rooms really well.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

The ones I have stayed in are always clean and well furnished. My family and I use this hotel every time we go to disney land. It is nice and close the the park and affordable. The free breakfast is satisfactory. Customer service has always been great.

Trey Farner Norcross, GA

Staying in a LaQuinta was amazing. I stayed once with my dad for a soccer trip and it made me feel like I was still at home. And checking in was a breeze and the fest lady was super nice and helpful. And when we asked for more towels she did so with a smile on her face and made me feel more comfortable. Thank you for the amazing service. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

Malia Barnes Salt Lake City, UT

I recently stayed at the La Quinta by Wyndham in Logan Utah. The rooms were very clean and did not smell musty or smoky. The indoor pool and hot tub is very comfortable fresh and did not smell of chlorine. The staff was very nice and friendly I stayed with a large group for a tournament and the hotel is very accommodating us all together. I will definitely stay here again. Breakfast was great! Lots of fresh options.

Sarah Marfo Tallahassee, FL

Best hotel ever. They were very accommodating, and have breakfast in the mornings. Great to grab and go and relax.

Christi Gilbert Gettysburg, PA

I have had a great stay at La Quinta in three different states. They have all been clean snd good service.

Liza Wilson ,

La Quinta is a great place to stay if you’re traveling on a budget. It’s affordable but always clean and they have great service :)

Jen Burt Herriman, UT

I have always been pleased with the rooms we rent from LaQuinta. They provide comfortable accommodations with good breakfast.

Sterling McKay Denver, CO

All I can say is...... honeymoon! La quinta will always have my heart. They took care of us and even upgraded our room!

CoachTrista Englewood, CO

I love LQ. They always have nice clean rooms that are updated and most budgets can afford!! They are my go to for plain and simple travel.

Eve Saez Springfield, MA

Horrible she front desk calls us bums like wow what We are working people she needs to get fired Bums are guys serious

Kimmi Riverton, UT

My family recently stayed overnight at La Quinta Inn. It was an older hotel. We had 2 rooms. The cleaning and upkeep of the rooms varied. The pool and hot tub needed a good deep cleaning. The staff was nice and courteous. They offered a grab and go breakfast following covid guidelines.

alyssa brown Los Angeles, CA

The rooms were nicely cleaned, and had everything we needed. The pool was definitely our favorite activity. Shower floor wasn't very clean, but otherwise, a comfortable stay.

Tiauna Anderson Salt Lake City, UT

I usually book La Quinta when I travel with my family because it's always clean, the pools are fun for my girls, and we know we are going to have a good time!

Larson Riverton, UT

When we go on a trip with our families, we want to stay in a very comfortable place. At La Quinta, the beds were very comfortable, the swimming pool was warm, and the breakfast was delicious. We’ve enjoyed the times that we’ve spent at La Quinta.

Mary Johnson Plainfield, IN

We stayed at LaQuinta Smyrna TN, as we have several times before. I had a mistake on my bill, and problems with our room. I stated these problems on my feedback email I received, and got an email back from the Smyrna manager full of excuses, but no resolution to my billing problem. So I called Corporate offices, told my story. Waited on hold for quite awhile, only to be told I would receive a call from a supervisor within one week. It has been a week and a half. I have received no call. I would highly recommend not staying at La Quinta anywhere. You can get a much nicer room for a very comparable price, as they now charge 20.00 per night for pets. It is much nicer to stay at a hotel that has employees who care. Additionally, the Smyrna location is becoming quite rundown.

Roger bick Pearland, TX

I do not like hotels as a rule, but needed a dog friendly place. So stopped at the la Quinta off of I75. Accommodating staff, very good room considering the cost, and helpful. Overall a pleasant experience

Christopher

La Quinta Portland Oregon Airport is a basic inexpensive hotel. Convenient to airport with shuttles and park/fly plan. Indoor pool, hot tub, fitness facility. Delicious complete breakfast svc. Dog friendly. Nice range of local dining establishments.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I have stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Irvine, CA a number of times. I like the pricing they offer there to be right in Orange County & only 20 minutes away from the beach. The biggest complaint I had was the hotel being by the train tracks. It got really loud at times. Other than that, loved the location, service of hotel & room. Will totally stay there again.

Patrick Orem, UT

I stayed in the Rexburg hotel at La Quinta. We arrived kind of late to the hotel and it took awhile to find someone to help us. But they gave us a non-smoking room which was nice. The hotel was a bit old but it was one of the best hotels in Rexburg.

Christyan Bennett Mobile, AL

La Quinta Inns and Suites is my family’s favorite hotel out there. They have amazing warm and welcoming hospitality. The breakfast is always hot and delicious. They always have so much to offer for such a great price. Most Recommended!

DeborahAnn Magnusson Midway, UT

Nice beds and affordable! Seems to the best price when we spend our own dime vs company dime.

Lex Midway, UT

Really awesome hotel, decent rooms, and staff was very polite and helpful when I needed them!

aurora wallat Denver, CO

There was blood stains on my sheets- do I need to say anything else about my stay? I checked for bugs that’s how dirty it was.... super gross. Not up to COVID guidelines at all.

Hailey Burt Eagle Mountain, UT

La Quinta has always been a pretty good hotel. I’ve stayed there multiple times and it’s always clean and a good price.

Nicole Johnson Portland, OR

I thought our La Quinta stay was very pleasant. The room was bigger than expected and the breakfast was so good.