JW Marriott Logo

7.1

Hotel Type: Luxury
In the 85 years since the company’s inception, Marriott has established a culture and a tradition of innovation, service and leadership. Their luxury hotels provide what they call “simple elegance” with a purpose for every detail and decoration. Founded by J. Willard Marriott and his wife, Alice, the couple started out with an A&W Root Beer Stand in 1927. As business grew, they expanded it into Hot Shoppes restaurant chain and eventually crossed over into the hotel business in 1957. Today, JW Marriott is a premier global luxury brand of Marriott International.

The Good

• Amenities
  • Environmentally conscious
The JW Marriott brand is built upon 5 core values:
  • put people first
  • pursue excellence
  • embrace change
  • act with integrity
  • serve our world
Each JW Marriott is outfitted with uncluttered state-of-the art amenities, including:
  • Top fitness facilities
  • energy-replenishing organic fruits and nuts
  • fresh authentic local cuisine
  • a staff able to suggest local walking and running routes.
  • a crafted total body workout that's just right for each guest.
  • Organically inspired  private spas/spa treatments to relax, unwind and rejuvenate
  • luxury facilities that provide an ideal space for occasions such as weddings and upscale business events.
The hotel is increasingly environmentally conscious, which can provide a healthier stay for guests and employees. Marriott aims to reduce their environmental footprint in the following ways:
  • Further reduce energy and water consumption 20% by 2020 (Energy 20 percent per kWh/conditioned m2;
  • Further reduce water 20 percent per occupied room (POR). Baseline: 2007);
  • Empower hotel development partners to build green hotels;
  • Green their multi-billion dollar supply chain
  • Educate and inspire associates and guests to conserve and preserve
  • Address environmental challenges through innovative conservation initiatives including rainforest protection and water conservation.
JW Marriott partners with the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) and the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI to build green hotels. JW Marriott has 106 LEED-registered hotels, and 31 LEED-certified hotels. In 2011, they developed the first LEED Volume Program (LVP) to provide a streamlined path to certification for the hospitality industry through a green hotel prototype.

The Bad

• Critiques
JW Marriott doesn't have many issues or complaints from guests regarding the basic high end amenities; however, there are some critiques offered, such as:
  • Hotel room's  front door does not seal out corridor noise, so you will hear hallway conversations.
  • Some rooms have an "odd window configuration". Guests should ask the staff for a room without one. (They'll know what you mean).
  • facilities are definitely good but not luxury for the price
  • Small rooms
  • Slow staff (in some cases)
  • Minor administrative slipups, i.e. sending texts to let guest know room is ready in a timely manner
  • No free Wifi without membership
Also to be noted is that promoted amenities are typical at most United States hotels but not guaranteed. Additionally, amenities will vary at International locations.

The Bottom Line

JW Marriott is a high end hotel according to their own claims (and guests alike). They are environmentally friendly and typically deliver on its décor, food and related amenity promises.

4.9

CoachTrista Englewood, CO

Marriott is such a dependable brand. They are predictable so you know you will always have very comfortable clean high end accommodations. Marriott is one of the best hotels for keeping up on the remodeling. Hotels are always fresh and current.

Desiree Pleasant Grove, UT

Every time I'm in a Marriott Hotel, I never seem to be disappointed. The staff and the rooms are immaculate. We stayed at their Vegas and Thailand hotels and it was very nice. We even joined their loyalty program because they have amazing deals, and we can't wait to stay there again!

AF ,

We don't usually stay at the JW, but I did have the chance to stay at one when traveling with my husband. It was so nice! Everything was upscale, clean and the staff was really polite and willing to help us out. Wish we could always stay at the JW level... but we usually don't want to spend the extra cash!

Mike Salt Lake City, UT

JW Marriott is a more upscale version of Marriott. Some of the locations are worth it, some of them are overpriced. Overall JW Marriott is a solid hotel.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

While expensive, when I stayed at the JW Marriott in San Antonio a couple years ago with my family it was beautiful and fun. The amenities were great.

Nishita McLean, VA

My family uses Marriott for nearly every vacation we take. One of my favorite parts of staying in Marriott are the breakfasts. The Marriott in Hong Kong had an absolutely delicious breakfast. The rooms of Marriott are wonderful too. The staff of Marriott hotels are always very kind.

Nell Damascus, MD

Marriot is usually very good. I love the extra mile effort the staff go through to make you feel at home

Kurt Lucas Reston, VA

I do a fair amount of traveling for work. I love that the rooms are always clean at JW Marriott Hotels.

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

When I get to stay at a JW I feel so lucky! They are always very nice and with my Bonvoy level I get treated so well!

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

JW Marriott Hotels are a step above most. We had a wonderful experience staying at the JW Marriott on our last vacation. The place was beautiful, everything was high quality and the employees made us feel welcome and important.

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

The rooms, service, and overall quality of JW Marriott are hard to beat. The rooms are clean and well kept and you really feel like there is quality everywhere you look when . you stay there. We have particularly enjoyed the pool areas which are really exceptional. The only negative is that they can be a bit expensive but they are worth it!

Tiauna Anderson Salt Lake City, UT

I love staying at Marriott hotels with my family because we know we are always going to get great service. I highly recommend!

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

My go to when travelling for work! Amazing customer service, and when part of the rewards program, the experience is even better!

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

We visited the JW Marriott while in Cancun. It was a beautiful, clean resort. The lobby was beautiful with a well maintained beach and pool. We would love to visit again.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

JW Marriott makes me feel like a VIP every time I stay there. I love the JW Marriott in Las Vegas as it is like staying at a resort and it oozes with luxury.

cb Thibodaux, LA

very luxorious! the rooms were kind of expensive but I felt like I was rich staying in this hotel! The food was very fresh and tasty and even had a spa to relax at after you've had a long day.

Bryndie Managua, MN

Very impressive resort. Absolutely luxurious. Makes it so easy to relax and enjoy your trip. They have everything you could possibly need here and the staff is so kind and helpful.

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

If you want a top of the line experience they try JW Marriott. This is the top of the Marriott chain. Everything in the hotel is immaculate and beautiful. It is pricey even by Marriott's standards.

Brynne Davies Kuna, ID

Such a high quality place to stay! Luxurious in every way!! Can’t wait for my stay at a Jew Marriott!

Kevin Liu Sandy, UT

I am a platinum member for Marriott and the properties are typically very nice with nice rewards for platinum members.

David T Ogden, UT

Amazing hotels. I felt like a king there. My only complaint is that they only have these in select cities. I would definitely recommend if you can find one.

Kathryn Robinson Riverton, UT

JW Marriott is the place vacation dreams are made of. Stay in luxury with high class customer service. I’m still dreaming of staying at a JW Marriott...

Jamie Neider Kaysville, UT

We stayed at the JW Marriott in Cannes. The hotels was in a little need of updating, but the room itself was nice and location was perfect.

Christyan Bennett Mobile, AL

JW Marriott is a very classy and elegant hotel. My family and I enjoyed our stay along with the warm, welcoming hospitality the hotel had to offer.

KC Riverton, UT

I've been lucky enough to stay at a few JW Marriotts. They are nice. Comfy beds, clean, good service. Just usually more expensive!

Erin Glendening Livingston, LA

At JW Marriott I had the best experience in a hotel of my life. The beds were so soft and they smelled like oranges.

Jessica Eagle Mountain, UT

We love JW Marriott. The rooms and hotel are extremely nice and we always have great customer service.

Halle Rex Salt Lake City, UT

The hotel was beautiful. They treated us very nice. Food was good and service was good. Very wonderful pools.

Courtney carlson South Jordan, UT

We love the hotel in Cancun and in Summerlin. We love to take our family. Nice pools and good restaurants.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

Love the Marriott chain of hotels. Quality that matches their customer service. Very nice place to stay and relax.

Reckholdt Magna, UT

What amazing hotels. Pure luxury. Sometimes it’s hard to find one because they don’t have very many but they are great.

SkylarPickens Houston, TX

THE GREATEST!! Clean rooms, amazing service and awesome pools! What’s not to love?