Hyatt Logo

7.4

LAST UPDATED: September 9th, 2021
On September 27, 1957 the Hyatt Hotel Corporation was born with the initial location being the Hyatt House, at Los Angeles International Airport. Despite its start in Los Angeles the Hyatt Hotel Corporation is a Chicago based international owner, operator, and franchiser of hotels, resorts, and vacation properties. Hyatt Hotel Corporation has now grown to include over 580 locations worldwide. The corporation is a publicly traded company that can be found on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol H. The current CEO is Mark S. Hoplamazian who was put in place by Thomas J. Pritzker. The Pritzker family bought its initial shares in the company from one of the original owners, Hyatt Robert von Dehn.

The Good

• Lodging options
  • Benefits
Hyatt Hotels are everywhere, and aim to offer the same high quality in service at all their locations. There are 587 locations all around the world that are united by the common goal to "care for people so they can be their best" as the Hyatt slogan states. Growing from their first location in Los Angeles to a worldwide company today is evidence of the service Hyatt has offered customers. There is plenty of variety offered to Hyatt customers. There are six different options for full-service lodging, and four for self-service lodging. Those don't even include the select-service, extended-stay, all-inclusive resorts, and timeshares that are all available to the Hyatt traveler. Hyatt certainly has the options you would expect from a hotel company that boasts over 90,000 employees and revenue greater than $4 billion.  Hyatt truly offers everything to its customers including exclusive deals to loyal travelers who choose to take part in the Hyatt Gold Passport program. Generally speaking Gold Passport member and passerby can expect generally great treatment and the following benefits:
  • Convenience: Great locations convenient to most desired destinations.
  • Unique: Rooms uniquely decorated to match their location.
  • Fitness: Exercise rooms and pools are the norm among Hyatt Hotels.
  • Options: Room options that fit the needs of all travelers.
  • Connect: Wi-Fi is standard and included with your stay along with a premium option for a fee.
  • Views: Most locations are next to great destinations, so many rooms include great views.
  • Dining: Each location offers different dining options that add to the uniqueness of the stay.
  • Events: Each location has rooms designed for meetings and conferences.
  • Guidance: Hyatt helps its customers explore the area by guiding them to what the area offers.
Hyatt can cover almost anything that a traveler is looking for. If they don't have everything you need they instruct their employees to get guests whatever they need to be comfortable.

The Bad

• Availability
  • Uniformity
Hyatt is worldwide, but it isn't necessarily expansive. There are 587 locations around the world, but that isn't nearly as many as some other hotel companies. Customers can expect to get consistent service and quality from Hyatt, but they aren't guaranteed to have a location at all of their travel destinations. Every location offers the highest quality possible at a reasonable price. At times that price may be too high. Hyatt offers options, but those options aren't always going to fit into your plans. A Hyatt isn't going to be the best option for a quick layover. It is difficult to find weaknesses in Hyatt Hotels, but alas there are a couple.
  • The uniqueness of offered by each hotel location takes away from some of the uniformity you may expect from a hotel.
  • There is no low budget offering from Hyatt for those travelers that would rather not splurge.
  • While 587 locations is a lot it isn't nearly as many as some other hotel companies.
Hyatt Hotels offer a lot of strengths, but there are a few weaknesses. Only you really understand what you need from a hotel, Hyatt may or may not have what you are looking for.

The Bottom Line

Hyatt Hotels has built a great reputation of quality as they have lived up to their slogan: We care for people so that they can be their best. Helping people be their best has made it possible for Hyatt to become one of the best in the business. There are plenty of great reasons to choose Hyatt for your next stay. A quick summary includes:
  • Great options for your stay from full-service, to self-service, to all-inclusive resorts.
  • A rewards program, Hyatt Gold Passport, allows customers to earn points and get exclusive offers.
  • Great service and high quality is offered throughout their different locations.
  • Unique designs and decor that match the location of the hotel.
  • Now low budget options for travels that are on a budget.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

The Hyatts we have stayed in have a really interesting layout. All of the rooms are indoors, but are set up in the style of an apartment complex, but think in luxury form. Not only did I stay in a Hyatt, but I attended one of the most beautiful weddings there. The staff were friendly and attentive. The hotel was more than accommodating for the wedding as well. I highly recommend them.

Sydney Charleston South Jordan, UT

Hyatt hotels are amazing! We have stayed there many times. Customer service is always above and beyond. The rooms are always clean, and its just a nice atmosphere all around.

Raven Royal Sandy, UT

Hyatt hotels are great! They always go above and beyond to make their customers days and make sure everything goes smoothly. Definitely a top hotel for me.

Yolanda Queer Shelley, ID

I've only stayed in a Hyatt a few times, but I was very impressed with how modern the buildings were. They were always spacious.

Chase Hardy Olney, MD

The Hyatt is the best hotel ever! There are many activities including hour by hour, a pool, arcade, minigolf, hot tub, and pool side movie every night! The Hyatt is right next to a river, so there is canoes, kiyack, paddle board, and jet ski rentals. The food here is delicious, with many different restaurants to choose from. There is a bar by the pool, selling food and drinks, so you won’t be getting to hungry. The Hyatt is my favorite hotel.

Lindsey Muhl Indianapolis, IN

I work for a concierge company that services hospital staff and patience. I am often in charge of booking places for patient's families to stay. Hyatt Hotels specifically the Hyatt House/Place in Indianapolis has been the most accommodating and pleasant hotel to work with. It is such a relief to be able to confidently book patients at a hotel and I know I can do that at a Hyatt location.

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

I have a Hyatt-Visa credit card that gave me two free nights in any hotel. My husband and I went to see John Mayer in Las Vegas and were looking for a place to stay. We noticed that the Bellagio was one of the hotels either affiliated with or owned by Hyatt, so we stayed there for free! It was probably the nicest hotel/casino I’ve stayed in in Vegas.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

Stayed in a Hyatt Regency Hotel in Chicago. I found this to be one of. the most elegant hotels that I had ever stayed at. The front desk check in was very easy. During my stay I.found the employees at the hotel very helpful in planning my days in the city. The rooms were very clean and fresh. The wood was nicely polished. No dust on the tables, lamps or other areas. The bed spread and sheets appeared clean and almost like new. The windows were spotless. The hotel lobby was breathtaking.

Isabelle Teeples Smithfield, UT

Hyatt hotels have been really great for me and my family. They are clean, kind, smoke-free, there is a pool. I've loved my experience with them.

Mary Ella Hardy Charlotte, NC

We stay at the Chesapeake Hyatt every September. The resort is very clean and the staff is extremely friendly. This is our favorite spot to visit on a yearly basis

Kaysha Love Las Vegas, NV

As someone who travels a lot, Ive experienced a lot of different hotels and can honestly say this is one of my favorite hotels to stay in. This hotel offer breakfast and is great for anyone who just needs a nice place to lay their head for a business trip.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Hyatt has always treated us right. They have very modern rooms and amenities. It always feels like we are spending too much by the looks of the hotel, however, the rates are more than reasonable. They are great at hosting meeting and conference rooms. Excellent!

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

We recently stayed at a Hyatt in Hawaii and it was absolutely dreamy!! Both the room and the area were well maintained. The hotel staff was incredibly kind and helpful. After this experience, I would never hesitate to stay at a Hyatt again.

Isabelle Hong Pleasant Grove, UT

My family uses Hyatt for nearly every vacation we take. One of my favorite parts of staying in Hyatts are the breakfasts. The Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong had an absolutely delicious breakfast. The rooms of Hyatts are wonderful too. The staff of Hyatt hotels are always very kind.

courtney tennant Salem, VA

Hyatt is very accommodating with breakfast and has always been very clean and updated

Irinna Danielson Riverton, UT

If you want a higher end vacation with a hotel that feels like you splurged, the Hyatt is great. The resorts I've stayed at are beautiful, the rooms are clean and comfy, and the location of these hotels is always breathtaking. If you're looking for a nicer hotel that is still relatively affordable, the Hyatt is a good vacation choice -- especially resorts by the beach.

Jun Chen Rockville, MD

I have an experience in Hyatt hotel. It is great, clean and the people in Hyatt hotel are always very friendly. The most great is it's customer service. We really enjoy it.

Olivia Hardy Olney, MD

A very nice hotel. Has many amenities for use. Great customer service. They are pretty kid friendly, and I believe allow pets. Restaurants are also very good in the hotel.

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

This was one of the first hotels I stayed in with my husband when we were living in NYC. This place will always hold a special place in our hearts. A great establishment of hotels.

Lori Fletcher Saratoga Springs, UT

Headed to San Fransisco to stay in the Hyatt Place. So far it's been great with their user friendly app. The hotel had all the things we were wanting in one place; pool, free breakfast, large room and check out is at noon!

Violet Acosta Stewart Gulfport, MS

My family and I have never had a single problem with the Hyatt. Anytime we go somewhere, we try our best to get a Hyatt because it's always so clean, a good price, free breakfast, and amazing service.

Aaron Patterson

I completely enjoyed the Hyatt House hotel in New Orleans Louisiana. Their rooms were spacious and beautiful with a nice bar, restaraunt and great location! They also had a friendly and helpful staff.

Patrick Orem, UT

The rooms were really spacious. Housekeeping was quick and orderly. The hotel was also very clean. Their breakfast was really good. They had specifically themed days (I stayed there for 4 nights).

John Rampton South Jordan, UT

I love their breakfast. Most Hyatts have a person making omelets and waffles. Beds, pillows and mattresses are always nice. Rooms always clean. I've stayed in a Hyatt over 100 times over the past 10 years.

jakira johnson Tallahassee, FL

Got a super nice suite for a quick weekend vacay. The amenities are also nice.

JStel Grand Junction, CO

Hyatt and Hyatt House have been our "go to" lodging when we make trips to Boulder/Bloomfield to visit our college kids. If you reserve in time, you can secure a suite which brings home to your fingertips. A complimentary full breakfast is a great bonus, but having a bit of extra space with a full refrigerator and small kitchen makes our stay better yet. Clean, friendly, convenient...The only improvement I can come up with would be adding a less expensive or more inclusive pet policy, so we can bring our two doodles from time to time :)

Nicole Jones Sandy, UT

We book with Hyatt House and Hyatt place often when traveling. Their staff is friendly and the breakfast is FANTASTIC! I love how spacious and comfortable their rooms are. Other hotels I've frequented seem cramped and leave me feeling claustrophobic so I really appreciate the fact that I can truly relax when staying at a Hyatt.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

The Hyatt has always been a refined hotel experience. They have high end furniture and super modern rooms. Even the TVs are luxurious. I love to stay at Hyatts because the staff, from the valets to room service, make you feel appreciated.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Hawaii and everything about the experience really was grand and luxurious. They even had someone handing out towels and water bottles to guests as they were leaving the resort for the day. It was the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at and I dream of going back.

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

The Hyatt is great when you are looking for a hotel with a cheaper price but you still want a good experience. They have a good quality hotel but it isn't that extravagant so it is not as expensive as others. Great staff too! They are very welcoming.

Landon Robison Layton, UT

Went here for my honeymoon and had a great experience. Their staff was very nice and welcoming. They want to make sure you're taken care of. My only complaint is that their breakfast wasn't the best quality. Other than that, I would recommend.

Jaelynn Florence

Easy booking experience and clean. Associates are always answering the phone and greeting you when you walk into the lobby

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

Hyatt has mastered quality hotels! I always feel comfortable and taken care of when I stay with Hyatt

Larson Riverton, UT

I stayed at the Hyatt hotel for a business meeting. The rooms were very nice! And the pool was huge and in excellent shape. Would recommend to a friend

Marv1959

Many visits to Hyatt Place and the Staff is beyond compare. My only criticism is that the wonderful breakfasts we get on weekends are considerably less spectacular during the week

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

Hyatt is of the highest quality and I know that everything will meet my expectations at a Hyatt. They are a little pricier than I want to pay usually, but the experience is worth it.

Hayley Lambdin Orem, UT

I have stayed at the Hyatt many times. I really like the design of their hotels. They are simple, classy, and refreshing. I would definitely stay here any time! It's an affordable hotel but still high quality.

Susannah Foster Grover American Fork, UT

I recently stayed with my family for a week at the Grand Hyatt in San Fransisco. We booked the hotel using AMEX rewards points site and chose it because the description said it had an indoor pool and free continental breakfast. When we arrived we found out that there was no pool and we were not getting free breakfasts! This was very upsetting to all of us and the hotel staff basically said it was our problem because they don't write the hotel descriptions on the Amex site! To be fair, the rooms were standard for the price and the service was good, but it cost us a lot more money than we thought it would!

Isaac Garrett American Fork, UT

I have stayed in multiple Hyatt locations across the country. They are constantly good no matter where you are. I highly recommend staying at one of Hyatt's many locations.

Ali.men , FL

Stayed at 2 different locations. One was really clean and good for the price however the other was in bad condition. The fridge was leaking and there was trash still in the bin.

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

I stated at the Hyatt in Huntington Beach. It was amazing. I loved the short walk to the beach(Just Across the road). The pool was awesome if you got sick of the sand. Can't wait to go back.

Ashley Ulibarri Herriman, UT

I love staying at Hyatt hotels! The beds are great and my favorite thing to do at a hotel is to order room service and the room service food at the Hyatt- atleast the one I always stay at in Los Angeles is delicious!

Shante Reeder Ogden, UT

Recently we have stayed in a few of the newer Hyatts, and they are SO NICE! They have a modern feel to them, but are also warm and inviting! We loved our stays, and plan to stay again.

Austin Stelmach Boulder, CO

Every time I stay in Broomfield, I choose to stay at the Hyatt Place. I love the layout of the rooms with the rotatable TV, plus a fitness area and pool. What more could you possibly need? I highly recommend!

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

We stayed one night at the Hyatt House Emeryville/San Francisco Bay for one night. We really enjoyed our stay here. We enjoyed our free buffet breakfast and having a partial kitchen in the room. We weren't able to use the pool as it was a little cold that evening but enjoyed the fitness center.

Hunter Brister Norcross, GA

My experience with Hyatt hotels have been fabulous. The service is divine as well as the atmosphere. You will be paying a little more for the room, but it is definitely worth it.

Holly Brown Baton Rouge, LA

A very pretty hotel with a warm atmosphere, which was a godsend when I needed refuge after a long plane delay. The people were nice and tried to work with me with everything.

mccandless24 Kaysville, UT

We have stayed at numerous Hyatts around the country and have always been more than impressed with every stay. The rooms have always been up to date clean and the staff has always been helpful. We have a family of 3 kids and each hotel we have been to has always been accommodating for them as well. Will for sure be using them again.

Mhorne182 West Valley City, UT

I love staying at Hyatt, specifically Hyatt Place. The rooms are always large, clean, and have delicious breakfast. Hyatt Regency in SF may be my favorite place to stay anywhere. Consistently amazing product.

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

The Hyatts I have stayed in have been well kept and customer service seems to be a priority with them. The pricing is competitive considering the higher quality of their facilities and they often have promotions that are attractive.