Founded in 1925 by Howard Johnson, Howard Johnson is a chain of hotels, motels, and restaurants. Today, Howard Johnson hotels and motels are owned by Wyndham.
- Membership program
Over 400 Howard Johnson hotels can be found in 44 states across the United States. They offer a discounted option to those looking to save some money on travel expenses. Since they are associated with the Wyndham family, travelers can earn bonuses and rewards through various programs and special offers.
With a variety of rooms and properties available to reserve, there are a number of reasons to book with Howard Johnson. Benefits of booking a room with the Howard Johnson chain include:
- Travel discounts: Howard Johnson guests can take advantage of a number of new discounts each week.
- Additional savings: Members of AAA, AARP, or CAA can receive an additional 10% off the listed rates at all participating locations.
- Rewards: Earn points each and every time a reservation is made at a Howard Johnson or Wyndham property.
Since Howard Johnson properties fall under the Wyndham family, guests who book a hotel room can take part in their membership program. Joining the membership/rewards program is free and can be conducted online. Members can check point balance, make reservations, and redeem points for hundreds of rewards. Advantages of the Wyndham Rewards program include:
- go Free: With just 15,000 points, guests earn a free night at any Wyndham Rewards hotel.
- go Fast: Use a fast reward for just 3,000 points and some cash.
- go Get 'em: For every qualified stay, guests earn 10 points per dollar or 1,000 points, whichever results in the most points.
- Redemption: hundreds of ways to redeem all Wyndham points
In addition to booking the hotel through Howard Johnson, guests can book entire travel packages and receive additional discounts and points. These package deals are limited in terms of when they are available, so booking will need to be done in advance.
- Mobile app
- Service limitations
Travelers can book a Howard Johnson hotel over the phone or online, but as of right now, Howard Johnson hotels do not offer their own mobile application to manage or make reservations. Most hotel chains have created their own application at this point, but Howard Johnson still does not have one.
Additionally, there are other services and amenities that are not included in the Howard Johnson hotel chain. This includes:
- No fitness center: most Howard Johnson properties do not include a fitness room for guests.
- No pet policy: there are no pets allowed, and as of right now, there is no pet fee for those who wish to travel with their animals.