Howewood Suites by Hilton is an extended-stay hotel chain that offers an all-suite residential-style option to its customers. Founded in Omaha, Nebraska in 1989 the Homewood Suites was originally owned by the Promus Hotel Corporation. In 1999 Hilton bought Promus and took over Homewood Suites. Since Homewood Suites became Homewood Suites by Hilton they have had great success even being the first hotel chain to be featured in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Homewood Suites by Hilton offers the comfort that any extended-stay traveler would need. Started with the extended-stay customer in mind Homewood Suites has continued to offer a great option to anyone that is looking to spend more time than usual at their destination. Homewood Suites has offered great service to its customers from the beginning, and has been recognized for that service by winning the J.D. Power and Associates award for top extended-stay hotel in 2010.
For the traveler that plans on staying a little longer Homewood Suites is a great choice. There are a few reasons why it may be the right option for your next journey:
- Breakfast: Free food is always great. Homewood Suites offers free breakfast every day.
- Evening Socials: Monday through Thursday their are evening socials that include draft beer, wine, beverages, and light food.
- Events: Homewood Suites has the space necessary to host your conference, meeting, or even wedding.
- Kitchen: Each room comes with a full kitchen and dining area.
- Fitness: Sports courts, 24-hour fitness center, and pools are included at every location.
- Laundry: Each location includes on-site laundry services.
- Groceries: Homewood Suites offers a free grocery shopping service.
- Rewards: Homewood Suites is a Hilton Hotel so all customers can receive Hilton HHonors rewards.
Everything that is required to make an extended stay comfortable is offered by Homewood Suites by Hilton.
- Geared towards extended-stay customers
Homewood Suites offers a lot to like, but there are a few flaws that must be noted. Because Homewood Suites was created with one type of traveler in mind they can't offer much to travelers that do not meet that specific criteria. Most of the weaknesses can be directly attributed to the small scope of customer needs that Homewood Suites chooses to meet.
- Homewood Suites is only intended for extended-stay customers so the quick rejuvenation traveler will not want to spend the extra money for the extra amenities. For example, don't pay for a kitchen if you aren't planning on using it.
- For the international traveler Homewood Suites are located in the US, Canada, and Mexico. If you are traveling anywhere outside of North America Homewood Suites won't meet your needs.
- With 350 locations there aren't going to be Homewood Suites everywhere you go.
A few weaknesses make Homewood Suites the imperfect fit for a lot of situations, but it may be the perfect fit for your next trip.
The Bottom Line
Homewood Suites offers a specific customer exactly what they need for the long-haul that we refer to as the extended-stay. With its award winning service Homewood Suites makes a strong case to be the place you call home on your next long trip. A few things to sum it all up:
- Homewood Suites offers as many amenities as any hotel out there. The little things that make a stay comfortable are not overlooked.
- Extended-stayers are the key audience for Homewood Suites, if you aren't going to stay a while you may be paying for more than you need.
- Homewood Suites is brought to you by Hilton, so your Hilton Hhonor membership is good to get you points.
Take a serious look at Homewood Suites by Hilton for your next extended stay. You may walk away impressed by all they offer.