Holiday Inn Express Logo

Holiday Inn Express

Is This Your Business?

7.3

Hotel Type: Economy
The first Holiday Inn Express was intended to target the "upper economy" market segment by offering limited service and low-price lodging. The brand was first launched in the U.S. in 1991 and its first European location opened in Scotland in 1996. As of March 2015, there are over 2,300 Holiday Inn Express hotels worldwide.

The Good

• Accommodations
  • Positive feedback
The Holiday Inn Express motto is : "Settle in, plug in your laptop and enjoy your stay". With high speed internet access, a hot breakfast and a comfortable room,  Holiday Inn Express is designed with frequent travelers in mind with the intent of leaving guests feeling both relaxed and recharged. However, Holiday Inn Express claims to be more than a basic business hotel. In an effort to prove this, they offer the following accommodations:
  • More free breakfast choices. The  FREE Express Start™ Breakfast Bar offers popular food items such as Chobani® Greek Yogurt**, Kellogg's®, and Quaker® plus the regular buffet-style "go-to" items.
  • Free high-speed internet access for work or play.
  • eHost™ Online Concierge to provide information about your hotel and the local area.
  • A multi-function showerhead and plenty of water pressure in all guest rooms. There is also a curved curtain rod for more space and included fluffy soft cotton towels and premium toiletries.
  • Choice of firm or soft pillows waiting on the bed, along with fresh, clean linens
  • Many locations provide in-room microwave ovens, same-day laundry and dry-cleaning services, fax and photocopying services and Holiday Inn Express'  Forget Something?℠ personal care program.
  • Children ages 19 and under stay free in a parent's room.
Positive feedback from guests typically consists of:
  • The outside is a playground for kids and the pool is big
  • There is also a small laundry room and the price is reasonable.
  • The restaurant is better than average for a hotel. ....and they have a dinner theatre
  •  The rooms are kept in good shape by housekeeping.
  • Front desk staff are very accommodating and the bar staff are superb.
  • Happy hour from 4-7 daily with one munchie.
  • Very family- friendly amenites such as kids outdoor play area, indoor and outdoor pool, basketball court, indoor kids' play room

The Bad

• Thin walls
The Holiday Inn Express generally delivers on its promises of limited service and low-cost lodging without much complaint from guests. The only issues guests seem to have is that the hotels are badly built by the way they can hear other guests through the walls. Some people have found the hotel to be "basic and boring", thus only viable for a short stay. The breakfast options are welcomed at first, however, those on an extended stay have had issues with having the exact same breakfast options every day in certain hotels. The low price is the only factor making dissatisfied guests want to come back.

The Bottom Line

Designed with frequent travelers in mind, Holiday Inn Express offers the basic amenities of high speed internet access, a hot breakfast and a comfortable room. Its highlights are its low price and family-friendly amenities.

Bing Yeung Riverton, UT

I've used Holiday's several times in different states and they've always left me an impression. Customer service was always good when we were there. Check-ins were quick and breakfast service was amazing (back before covid happened). You can't beat the price and the quality Holiday inn gives you.

Sicely Lyn Russell Mesa, AZ

Eveytime I stay rooms are super clean! The breakfast is amazing their and the pool curfew is reasonable. I always try to stay at a hotel like this if I can.

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

Holiday Inn has always been a great place to stay. My wife and I always get a good nights sleep and are happy with the cleanliness of the hotel and rooms. We have always been impressed by the sound proof of the rooms and never disturbed by other guests.

Chris Milke Olney, MD

Repeat customer to many HIE properties. Seems like the brand is doing a good job forcing some of the unrenovated properties to update. Would be nice if the older hotels got updated faster (or removed from the system).

Freddy V Provo, UT

I work construction and everytime I travel far for work I always stay at a Holiday Inn. The rooms are comfortable, the staff is always helpful and friendly, and the prices are great!

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

We have stayed in this motel in southern Utah. It was a good experience. Breakfast was not spectactular but adequate. The hotel was clean and the employees were courteous. It was a fairly priced compaired to other hotels in the area.

Lars Hamilton Carmel, IN

Best experiences we’ve had were in the new build Holiday Inn Express hotels. The ones that are rebranded can be old and have poor service and staff but any that were built are super nice and great service. Usually in convenient locations while traveling too and great pricing for breakfast included (love the cinnamon rolls!)

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

Spent time in a Holiday Inn express on a recent trip to Oregon. Compared to other hotels we have stayed as. this hotel was lacking in several areas. The overall cleanliness of the room seemed to be somewhat lacking. The sinks in the bathroom and the desk tops did not appear to be clean. We took some cleaner from our car and reclined them. Instead of getting small individual bottles of lotion they had a slightly larger bottle of lotion which was partially used. We were concerned about this policy in the time of Covid 19 since we knew the outside of the bottle was contaminated by someone else touching it. When taking a shower I ran out of hot water in the evening and had to use luke warm water instead. The bedspreads appeared old and used. Would not highly recommend this to a friend.

Terin Layton, UT

We recently stayed at Holiday Inn Express and had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly. The room and its bathroom were clean, and Spacious! And I loved that I could stay there with my two dogs! I will definitely stay there again.

Olmanika Milfort Tallahassee, FL

I always book with this hotel and always have the best experience. The rooms are always clean and the service is always phenomenal

Hailey Burt Eagle Mountain, UT

Holiday Inn Express is almost as good as Holiday Inn, a little more affordable which is great for family road trips. Always has a good breakfast selection (except with Covid 19) and average customer service.

Emily H West Wendover, NV

Used this hotel for a beach trip in California. Rooms were clean, front desk staff was friendly, and beds were comfortable. We loved being able to connect rooms with family members that were also staying in the same hotel. For the deal we got on the rooms, it was well worth the value.

Desiree Pleasant Grove, UT

The Holiday Inn Express is a neat and nice hotel. Holiday Inn is usually our to go place if we are taking a short vacation somewhere. Great customer service, our room is always clean everyday. The breakfast food is also very good!

Irinna Danielson Riverton, UT

We needed an affordable hotel close to the beach during a recent vacation in Florida. We were able to book a Holiday Inn Express that was within minutes of Madeira Beach. With a family, we're always glad when there's a pull out bed and comfortable rooms that accommodate our kids. This was a great stay for us, conveniently located close to a Walmart, minutes from the beach, and easy to find. It was a good stay.

Natalie Drewery ,

Love the convenience we get at Holiday Inn Express hotels. Great environment for a great price. Recently we did a staycation at a Holiday Inn Express to change up our scenery since we haven't been able to travel due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We had a lovely time with family even though we were only a short drive away from home!

CoasterRider Show Low, AZ

Holiday Inn Express is one of the hotels we trust in our travels to be both clean and a good value.

Jun Chen Rockville, MD

I have experiences of living in Holiday Inn Express. The price is good and customer service is good as well. We also feel comfortable and safe.

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

We actually like these more than the regular Holiday Inn's. They seem more modern and updated and they have a great little breakfast in the lobby.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

I stayed in a Holiday inn Express in Oregon in 2018 that was amazing. It was clean, the breakfast had many options and it was a great price!

amycray Bangor, ME

Great value for what they offer and in convenient locations

Victoria Fayetteville, AR

When I travel, I hate paying for super expensive hotels, because Holiday inn has everything I need and is super nice! I always use Holiday Inn because they are everywhere and have the best deals and the cleanest rooms.

Christopher Whiting Los Angeles, CA

I travel a lot across the country and Holiday Inn is my go-to hotel when possible. Great rooms at a competitive price. I have yet to be let down at a location. I always have a great experience.

Cassie Wassmer Lehi, UT

We like to stay in Holiday Inn Express because of the variety of breakfast they serve. It is always very good and filling. Their beds and pillows are always so comfortable and the rooms are very clean.

Wayne Young Little Rock, AR

I love staying at Holiday Inn Express for work. It is safe, reliable and always clean. There is always good parking and it is easy to get in and out. They always have a good continental breakfast.

Kaysha Love Las Vegas, NV

Holiday inn express is one of the most family oriented hotels I've ever visited. I think they put a lot of emphasis on being a family friendly zone. When I visited this hotel I felt like their pool area went over and above to ensure the children were enjoying the pool area.

Julia Halliday Pleasant Grove, UT

I love staying at Holiday Inn Express! The past few times I have stayed I have enjoyed it very much. The employees are very kind, and the hotel is always neat and clean. The breakfast is one of the better ones, just make sure you go to one that hasn't changed their cinnamon roll recipe, because to me the rolls make it!

take7 Sandy, UT

We usually stay at holiday inn because of building points with staying there. We can usually find one close to wherever we are working or visiting. The kids enjoy swimming and breakfast. We enjoy the nice comfortable beds - large rooms for us and kids. Wi fi is always great too. Can work and do things while staying there. The workers are friendly and always help out when we ask for extra things we forgot. The cleaning is always timely and fresh.

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

We have stayed at the holiday inn express in Salt Lake City several times and have had many birthday parties for my kids there. The one is salt lake has a water slide and a theater room. The kids loved the water slide. It was a huge hit for the birthday parties. The rooms were really nice and clean and the price was very affordable. It was so worth the stay.

Trent Ewing Round Lake, IL

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express several times over the years. They always have a great breakfast and I’ve never been disappointed in my stay!

Carol Knight Salt Lake City, UT

Always a great, affordable place to stay when traveling. I love the continental breakfast that is usually included with the price! Very good value.

Ashley Blosil Kennewick, WA

This is our favorite chain to find for staying over night with our young family. Always clean, friendly, and the best complimentary breakfast

Cdavid , MO

My stay at Holiday Inn Express was very relaxing. The staff was helpful in giving us directions and suggest things to do in the area.

Caytee Wankier Idaho Falls, ID

Holiday Inn Express is definitely our go-to hotel! Every single one we have been to has been exceptionally clean and we may be a little biased to their breakfasts.

Tiauna Anderson Salt Lake City, UT

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express with my family for a "staycation" and my kids had so much fun! The pool and hottub were definitely the highlight for them and the rooms were clean and very comfortable. I highly recommend!

Jeremy Balls Kaysville, UT

Holiday Inn Express is one of the hotels I stay at when I travel. I have found that they are one of the usually in good shape and clean. Their beds have been some of the most comfortable. Their free breakfast has been one of the better also, but I'm sad to say they have changed the cinnamon rolls.

Kari Staheli

We usually always stay in a Holiday Inn express when we are traveling through Las Vegas or are there for sports tournaments. The one we like is in Henderson on Boulder Highway. It is comfortable and in a safe area. The other patron are other families or business people so I feel comfortable. The FREE breakfast is nice.

James Conder Eagle Mountain, UT

Loved all my stays at Holiday Inn express. The customer service was always great, clean rooms and morning breakfast was amazing. one word of advise if any would be to switch up the Breakfast, some people can only hand biscuits and gravy for so long.

Madison Kneiss Wiggins, MS

It's a great place for the whole family to stay. Convenient locations. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Rooms are pretty clean. And the front desk is usually quick to solve any requests you might have, like extra soap or towels.

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

These hotels are always clean. They aren't anything too special but they are reasonably priced and comfortable so I do not have any complaints. Most the time when I travel I only come to my room to sleep. I don't ever spend much time at the hotel so it's perfect for my husband and I! I have no doubt I will stay at a Holiday Inn Express again.

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express the night before a Half Marathon. It was a good night's sleep. The heater/ac unit was kind of loud.

Wendy Rowlette Morgan, UT

I always try to stay here because of the good prices, nice, clean, well kept rooms and facilities. We always have a good experience.

Heather Barney Logan, UT

We stay at Holiday Inn Express quite frequently. It is our go to when we want a good value and a clean hotel.

Cohen Olson Smithfield, UT

I love going there when I am on vacation because it’s so comfortable and there breakfasts there is amazing and so are there employees!!!

SKleven Salt Lake City, UT

We stayed in a brand new Holiday Inn Express. It was really nice and modern. The room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable.

perscilla Tallahassee, FL

I stayed here last year and I enjoyed it. My room was clean and the staff made me feel comfortable. I definitely will be booking this hotel for my next vacation.

Lkirton Park City, UT

Whenever I travel one of my first choices of hotels is Holiday Inn Express! I know I will always get the best price for a clean and safe hotel!

Dayna Riverton, UT

Holiday inn express our nice new hotels with good rates and a good breakfast. I always look to try to stay if there is one available.

Kevin Liu Sandy, UT

I feel like the holiday inn express has done a face lift over the past few years and updated a lot of the hotels and they are cleaner and nicer.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

We've enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn. We've stayed with them a few times and I only have good things to say. Clean, Comfortable and reasonably priced.

McKinzie Figueroa Provo, UT

Holiday Inn Express has always been very clean when we go. I am super picky about the cleanliness of a hotel and have not once had an issue with this hotel chain. We have never had any issues when we stay here.