- Points program
Hilton Hotels and Resorts works to provide a comfortable atmosphere for all of their guests. As a global leader of hospitality, Hilton is a worldwide known and trusted brand always coming up with new hotel innovations designed to serve guest's needs.
Since the founding of the Hilton brand, the hotel chain has diligently worked to provide quality and standard economy services to their guests without charging outrageous rates and fees. This continued success is attributed to Hilton Hotels' commitment to their vision, mission and values.
: To fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality
: To be the preeminent global hospitality company-the first choice of guests, team members, and owners alike.
H-Hospitality; Passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences
I-Integrity; Doing the right thing, all the time.
L-Leadership; Leaders in one's industry and community
T-Teamwork; Team players in everything they do.
O-Ownership : Owners of their actions and decisions.
N-Now; Operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
Hilton provides their guests with a number of services and products that maximize comfort and they even sell their brand hotel product amenities. These items include but are not limited to: Hilton pillows, plush robes and bath towels. For those who prefer to slip items in their suitcase, this may not be a plus, but it is a unique hotel offer for guests.
For business travelers, the following are attractions that may appeal to these types of guests:
- The lobby is very large, comfortable, and a good place to eat and hang out.
- Close proximity to meeting/travel locations
- 37-inch HDTV
- alarm clock radio with MP3 connection
- a spacious work area
- work desk with ergonomic chair
- Wi-Fi access.
Guest room amenities are conducive for work or play. Accommodations include:
- one queen or king Hilton Serenity bed
- a marble bath
- in-room thermostat control
- 37-inch HDTV with HD channels and guide
- on-demand HD entertainment two telephones with voice mail
Another special highlight is Hilton's own in-house spa, eforea spa.
The eforea spa offers guests 3 options of spa treatments or "journeys":
- Essentials journey (facials, jetlag treatments, detox body wraps, etc)
- Escape journey (facials, body scrubs, massage)
- Men's journey (realigning sports massage, all over detox, face treatments)
For guests who travel quite frequently, there is a bonus to booking with Hilton. Their HHonors program allows travelers to earn points for each qualified stay. Points can also be earned when a Hilton guest books an additional accommodation or dines at one of their restaurants. Once a traveler has earned a certain number of points, they can be redeemed for various awards such as a free night stay or gift card.
The Hilton brand has a solid rapport with guests worldwide, except for a few critiques, such as:
- A large hotel like Hilton can be a little difficult to navigate at first, so it would be great if Hilton gave guests a map to find their room or even the elevators.
- Parking is expensive, so it's worth it just to spend the couple bucks extra for valet.
- no shuttle service
Hilton guests have also reported issues with the list of hidden fees they discovered during their hotel stay. Examples of these fees include:
- $14 per day fee to use the fitness center.
- bottles of water in hotel rooms for $4.00/ea
- WiFi overcharges. Although WiFi is supposed to be complimentary, some guests have experienced being charged for WiFi each day of their stay.
Also to be noted is that promoted amenities are typical at most locations but not guaranteed. Since Hilton is a chain with independently owned franchises, guests will most likely want to make sure that the amenities or services they want or need while on their trip are offered at that specific Hilton location.
The Bottom Line
Hilton Hotels and Resorts is the flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide, a popular choice for business conventions, weddings and other special events, offering amenities pleasing to business travelers and casual vacationers alike. Any dislikes or mishaps can be soothed by the hotel's unique travel packages and hotel discounts, which are offered year round. They also have a solid membership rewards program, HHonors, that offer great benefits.
Also unique is amenities like the online Hilton to Home store where guests can purchase luxury Hilton items and eforea global spa (albeit not in every location). The eforea spa offers customizable luxurious spa treatments that aim to leave guests feeling rejuvenated and reinvigorated.