Hilton Hotels & Resorts Logo

Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Is This Your Business?

8.3

Hotel Type: Full Service
Hilton Hotels and Resorts started in 1919, when Conrad Hilton bought his first hotel. Over the years, the Hilton Hotels have grown into a worldwide hotel chain, leading the industry with innovative approach to products, amenities and service. Today, Hilton Hotels & Resorts stands as one of the stylish, forward thinking global leaders of full-service hospitality with a guest-focused initiative.

Holiday Inn Logo
#3 Holiday Inn chevron_right
Best Western Logo
#4 Best Western chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Amenities
  • Spa
  • Points program
Hilton Hotels and Resorts works to provide a comfortable atmosphere for all of their guests. As a global leader of hospitality, Hilton is a worldwide known and trusted brand always coming up with new hotel innovations designed to serve guest's needs. Since the founding of the Hilton brand, the hotel chain has diligently worked to provide quality and standard economy services to their guests without charging outrageous rates and fees. This continued success is attributed to Hilton Hotels' commitment to their vision, mission and values. Hilton's vision: To fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality Hilton's Mission: To be the preeminent global hospitality company-the first choice of guests, team members, and owners alike. Hilton's values: H-Hospitality; Passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences I-Integrity; Doing the right thing, all the time. L-Leadership; Leaders in one's industry and community T-Teamwork; Team players in everything they do. O-Ownership : Owners of their actions and decisions. N-Now; Operate with a sense of urgency and discipline. Hilton provides their guests with a number of services and products that maximize comfort and they even sell their brand hotel product amenities. These items include but are not limited to: Hilton pillows, plush robes and bath towels. For those who prefer to slip items in their suitcase, this may not be a plus, but it is a unique hotel offer for guests. For business travelers, the following are attractions that may appeal to these types of guests:
  • The lobby is very large, comfortable, and a good place to eat and hang out.
  • Close proximity to meeting/travel locations
  • 37-inch HDTV
  • alarm clock radio with MP3 connection
  • a spacious work area
  • work desk with ergonomic chair
  • Wi-Fi access.
Guest room amenities are conducive for work or play. Accommodations include:
  • one queen or king Hilton Serenity bed
  • a marble bath
  • in-room thermostat control
  • 37-inch HDTV with HD channels and guide
  • on-demand HD entertainment two telephones with voice mail
Another special highlight is Hilton's own in-house spa, eforea spa. The eforea spa offers guests 3 options of spa treatments or "journeys":
  • Essentials journey (facials, jetlag treatments, detox body wraps, etc)
  • Escape journey (facials, body scrubs, massage)
  • Men's journey (realigning sports massage, all over detox, face treatments)
For guests who travel quite frequently, there is a bonus to booking with Hilton. Their HHonors program allows travelers to earn points for each qualified stay. Points can also be earned when a Hilton guest books an additional accommodation or dines at one of their restaurants. Once a traveler has earned a certain number of points, they can be redeemed for various awards such as a free night stay or gift card.

The Bad

• Limitations
  • Hidden fees
The Hilton brand has a solid rapport with guests worldwide, except for a few critiques, such as:
  • A large hotel like Hilton can be a little difficult to navigate at first, so it would be great if Hilton gave guests a map to find their room or even the elevators.
  • Parking is expensive, so it's worth it just to spend the couple bucks extra for valet.
  • no shuttle service
Hilton guests have also reported issues with the list of hidden fees they discovered during their hotel stay. Examples of these fees include:
  • $14 per day fee to use the fitness center.
  • bottles of water in hotel rooms for $4.00/ea
  • WiFi overcharges. Although WiFi is supposed to be complimentary, some guests have experienced being charged for WiFi each day of their stay.
Also to be noted is that promoted amenities are typical at most locations but not guaranteed. Since Hilton is a chain with independently owned franchises, guests will most likely want to make sure that the amenities or services they want or need while on their trip are offered at that specific Hilton location.

The Bottom Line

Hilton Hotels and Resorts is the flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide, a popular choice for business conventions, weddings and other special events, offering amenities pleasing to business travelers and casual vacationers alike. Any dislikes or mishaps can be soothed by the hotel's unique travel packages and hotel discounts, which are offered year round. They also have a solid membership rewards program, HHonors, that offer great benefits. Also unique is amenities like the online Hilton to Home store where guests can purchase luxury Hilton items and eforea global spa (albeit not in every location). The eforea spa offers customizable luxurious spa treatments that aim to leave guests feeling rejuvenated and reinvigorated.

carole abel Palm Coast, FL

Because we have a child in California, we go out there more often so we joined Hilton Honors several years ago. We usually stay at Hilton Garden Inns because they have a pet policy and great accommodations, good dining options and are clean and well managed. When we took mom to California, we chose a Homewood Suite in Long Beach by the airport. The room was perfect for 3 people plus guests, as it had a large kitchen and living area. There was an evening reception every weekday and a dynamite breakfast buffet each morning. The pool was open, but in January, the hottub was even nicer. it was in a great location and we received a great cost for the room. i am so glad that we used this lodging and are staying again when we go later this year- we hope covid has not affected these amenities, which would be understood but it was such a pleasant stay anyway. Hilton Honors is a great program, it is one of the few travel related programs we subscribe to.

Taylor Larson Nakhon Sawan, 60

Hilton is my family's go to hotel. The rooms are usually very clean, and on the few occasions that there have been stains on the bed or dust coming out of the air conditioning, they have been very accommodating and move us to another room. Sometimes they have even upgraded us to an even better room. Also, whenever we have left items in the room after a stay, they let us know as soon as possible and mail it to us within a few days.

Yanesezah Fenelon Delray Beach, FL

I like the customer service and staff at all Hilton hotels. I believe Hilton is a great hotel for short or long stays. Their hotels are always clean and problems are solved quickly.

CJ Milke Olney, MD

The rooms at Hilton Hotels and Resorts are very high quality. I stayed in one of these rooms when I went to the beach and I was very happy that they had a pool for use after attending the beach.

JOHN M CAMPBELL ,

I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, using HiltonHonors points for a 1 week stay. Even though I wasn't a "paying" customer, I was still given a quality room with a view and experienced the top-notch Hilton customer service. I normally stay at Hilton Garden Inns or Hampton Inns, but have also stayed at the New York Waldorf-Astoria as a "paying" customer and received the excellent Hilton service at each.

peter harmatuk Poolesville, MD

Hilton Hotels are our first choice when needing a hotel for an extended stay, as they are almost everywhere where we travel, clean , elegant and comfortable. They are well priced and a value when compared to the amenities offered by other chains. They have things like free WiFI, where it is often charged for by others, great city locations and really good restaurants . Their "free" breakfast, in many places, rivals what you can get in a breakfast restaurant and the in-hotel services such as health clubs and pools, make they a value, even though you may pay a little more for them.

Erna Valcin Tallahassee, FL

I had my prom at one of the Hilton hotels and I believe the interior had a fresh look to it. It was elegant looking and inviting.

Jessica Chen Rockville, MD

I've been in multiple Hilton Hotels while traveling on vacations and during away volleyball tournaments. Hotel rooms are average, but some times close to the busy streets so it is hard to sleep at night. Breakfast staff are nice as they prepared breakfast for me and my family very early in the morning when I had to go to volleyball tournaments.

Bethany Rockville, MD

I liked our experiences in Hilton Waikoloa resort on Hawaii island! It has everything in the resort, including a largo on! We particularly liked the breakfast there! My husband still remembers the taste of their papaya!

Vicki H. Poolesville, MD

My favorite Hilton Hotel was the one we stayed at in Las Vegas. In addition to having spacious rooms and places to eat meals in the Hotel, they also have a casino. Best of all, there is a monorail near the casino so you have easy access to other casinos, restaurants, and attractions on the strip without needing to take a car.

Grant Conrady Fayetteville, AR

My family has been Hilton Honors Members for as long as I can remember and we have never had a bad experience! I recently booked a trip to a friends' wedding and stayed at a Hilton property. Their staff is always very professional and helpful and they are always eager to help. Their rooms are always clean and I love using the amenities they provide, such as the pool and workout center.

Mom of three Brigham City, UT

Hilton Tower and Hotel in Anaheim is worth every penny. From the second you walk in you’ll feel like Cinderella. Get ready to have the best night sleep, bed was comfortable, pillows were just right. Take the time to Stop and shop in the cutest gift shop or head over to the spa for an hour of relaxation. Dinner at the restaurant was fabulous. We went to Disneyland for a week. No car was needed, the shuttle arrives at the hotel and drops you off at the gate to Disneyland. Looking forward to my next stay at Anaheim Hilton Hotel.

Amy Gardiner Clarksburg, MD

Just recently went to Doubletree in OCean City!! What a luxurious and fabulously comfortable stay. The staff was so accommodating--loved the restaurant--and the beds!! OMG!! THE BEDS!!!!

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

I always enjoy my stay at the Hilton Hotels & Resorts. The rooms are always clean, the customer service is top notch, and my wife and I have always gotten a good nights rest while staying here.

Kandi Morrill Aurora, CO

Love the Hilton Hotel & Resort chain! Excellent employees who not only care about their property, but also care about their guests. Even amid the pandemic, I would choose to stay there:

Scott A. Johnson Orem, UT

You generally can't go wrong at Hilton hotels. They have well-maintained properties and friendly staff in good locations. When I travel, I prefer to stay at Hilton or Marriott to avoid dirty and run down hotels. Join their Honors club to get additional amenities (free internet, a cookie, points towards additional stays).

Amy Barrus Sandy, UT

Most Hilton Hotels we have stayed at have given us a great experience. One Hilton Hotel we return to again and again is Embassy Suites. It always has a relaxing feel. One thing the hotel industry could work on, across the board, is the amount of dust in rooms. I go barefoot a lot, and I usually find that my feet are black after awhile. I also find that my eyes get puffy while I’m on vacations (some more than others). On the whole Hilton Hotels are mostly clean, organized, and have a nice vacation feel whether they are fancy or budget style.

David Anderson Providence, UT

I travel every other week and sometimes every week for work. I stay at Hampton Hotels everywhere I go. I find that they are the most consistent, reliable, comfortable, clean, etc. They are always helpful to find a good restaurant when I arrive. The rooms are hardly ever dirty or smell bad. They also have the best rewards program for frequent travelers.

Christopher Milke Olney, MD

Great hotels that are consistent and clean. Hilton Honors will keep customers coming back for years.

Cassidy Lucas Olney, MD

Stayed here for a volleyball tournament and everything was great. Yes it is costly but you will get your money’s worth.

Christi Gilbert Gettysburg, PA

I look forward to our summer soccer tournament each year to stay at our favorite Hilton hotel. I know whenever I see one I can count on it being clean and classy.

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

One can never go wrong with Hilton. It's a great company that is always dependable for quality and good pricing. We use them a lot for international travel for a little piece of home.

Mary Johnson Flower Mound, TX

We've had a good experience every time we've stayed at one of their hotels. I really like that there is a wide range of price options, including more affordable ones for when we take the whole family somewhere.

Mark Katy, TX

I’ve been a Hilton Diamond member for four years. The overall hotel product quality is second to none. The customer service is best in class and the value for money makes the Hilton brand tops in its hotel category!

John Rampton South Jordan, UT

I stay in a Hilton at least once a month and have for the past 4-5 years. Very good customer service. Rooms, pillows and mattresses are all similar no matter where you go. I also love their bidding system.

bryan bishop Logan, UT

Hilton has a great network of high quality rooms all over the world. As a Hilton Honors member, I get great benefits when I stay at their hotels. I always feel at home at the Hilton.

Julie Earl Magna, UT

We love Hilton Hotels! The staff is always so friendly and the rooms are comfortable and clean. We love the way they have made things work with COVID. We will always choose the Hilton brand over others.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Hilton has been a great hotel provider for rooms and conference meeting rooms for business use. I have sought after Hilton as they exceed expectation in this area. Price and hotel staff service is unparalleled. Everything is done to ensure that the party hosted has little to do except enjoy the hospitality. Excellent overall!

McKinzie Figueroa Provo, UT

We travel a lot and have been to many different hotels, some great, some not so great. Hilton is one that we are always excited to go to. We have never had any issues with the cleanliness or service of the staff. We really like staying here.

Nishita McLean, VA

Proud Hilton Honors member. Always get more than the price paid for, and have always experienced great service. 57th floor in Vegas, Suite with a kitchen in Miami, Free shuttle services to Disney theme parks 4 miles away from the Hotel, in Orlando, they're the best.

Sonya Pellerin

I have stayed in this motel a few times in North Bay Ontario Canada. Our experience was awesome. We were treated with kindness. The only thing that I can say is that they need more rooms with gucuzzis in them with king size beds.

Hayley Lambdin Orem, UT

Hilton is a beautiful hotel chain. My husband and I stayed at a Hilton during our trip to Portsmouth and it was so wonderful. They had little pumpkin breads and cold cider by the entrance. A 24 hour tea, coffee, and hot chocolate bar in the lobby. The hotel room was so nice and roomy, and I feel like they always have hotels in prime locations when traveling.

Nathan Broomfield, CO

I’ve stayed at many Hilton properties over the past few years and I have always enjoyed my experiences, especially at the Hilton Hawaiian in Honolulu Hawaii, the service was exceptional, and the food was delicious at this Hilton Resort.

Oscar rojas Montgomery, TX

Wow Just the environment And atmoshere of the hilton hotels was amazing the staff Are very nice the comodations were pleasing. The rooms were neatly clean I can assure you You will have a great time And be please booking into the hilton hotels

Simone Tallahassee, FL

Great customer rewards program. Reliable and normally enjoy my stay.

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

When traveling for work to Oakland CA, I stay at the Hilton at the airport. The interior of the hotel is dated, but its a very nice hotel. Very close to the airport, close to the rental car agencies, close to lots of restaurants as well. The hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly. The pool is nice as well. Fitness center is a little small and has limited equipment, nut not a big enough deal to rate lower than 5 stars.

Megan Milke Laurel, MD

The hotel rooms at Hilton are always very high quality. The rooms are always affordable too.

Seedyboom Miami, FL

he service is at the top and the staff is so friendly! Looking forward to staying here again another time.

Peter Harmatuk Columbia, MD

I have been a loyal Hilton customer for 20+ years. Hilton is one of my go-to brands I look for in a hotel because of their consistent quality across their chains.

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

We often use Hilton for our volleyball tournaments and they’re always so accommodating for our team. Great service and beautiful rooms

Wilinda Sylvestre Tallahassee, FL

Hilton Hotels and Resorts are so luxurious and affordable! The staff is always nice and makes sure you have a wonderful stay.

Lex Midway, UT

Really fantastic hotel, have stay here multiple times, great rooms, the staff was very polite and helpful when I needed them!

karis buggs

Every time I stay in a Hilton hotel I know that I am going to have a comfortable and clean environment. I always choose to stay here.

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

I stayed at a Hilton Hotels and Resorts while on vacation with my family and was very impressed. There was confusion when we arrived so they upgraded our room. The room was clean and large. I was very satisfied.

Kaysha Love Las Vegas, NV

The Hilton is one of my favorite hotel companies, this company has such a "put the customer" first mentality and it shows. This company goes over and beyond to ensure your stay is nothing short of perfect.

Jamie Neider Kaysville, UT

Stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Waikiki and it was absolutely amazing! The open lobby was beautiful, loved the lighting torches, and being right on Waikiki is incredible.

Brianna bourgeois Long Beach, MS

I am a diamond member and have traveled all over the globe staying in mainly if not all Hilton’s. Staff has always been very kind and good informational resources and the lounges are always 5 star.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

We have never forgotten the comfortable bed we had on our Honeymoon. Our stay at the Hilton was memorable and I look forward to vacationing in a Hilton again in the future. Comfortable, clean, memorable.

Memaw1959 Texarkana, TX

Consistent customer service and dependable, i have used Hilton repeateldy for business and pleasure. They are quick to rectify any problems although problems are few and far between.

Maureen Tosto Harrison, NY

consistently good. Clean and usually modern. From the Amazing Waldorf Astoria in Scotland that blew my mind to the Suite Hotel in Pennsylvania that was spanking clean and a fabulous staff