DoubleTree Hotel Logo

DoubleTree Hotel

Is This Your Business?

6.9

Hotel Type: Upscale
The first DoubleTree hotel opened in 1969 in Scottsdale, Arizona. By 1999, DoubleTree Hotels (under Promus Hotel Corporation) was acquired by Hilton Worldwide. The DoubleTree by Hilton logo and name was officially launched in early 2011, as part of a comprehensive rebranding initiative featuring new advertising, marketing and communications campaigns, as well as new amenities and guest services. Today, DoubleTree provides guests with upscale, full-service—hosting events at more than 415 locations in 36 countries on six continents.

The Good

• Facilities
  • Spa
  • Community involvement
DoubleTree properties offer unique, contemporary accommodations and full-service facilities including restaurants and lounges, room service, health clubs, business centers and meeting and banquet space. From arrival to departure, DoubleTree promises to go above and beyond to make guests feel a Caring and Rewarding Experience-what they call the acronym C.A.R.E. A few distinct ways they make guests feel C.A.R.E.D for:
  • DoubleTree welcomes each and every guest receives a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie upon arrival.
  • Fitness Rooms to help guests improve strength, balance and flexibility during their stay. At most locations, guests can work out any time they wish, as fitness centers are usually open 24 hours.
  • Sweet Dreams® bedding by DoubleTree Sleep Experience.
Another special highlight is DoubleTree's Hilton brand in-house spa, eforea spa. eforea offers guests 3 options of spa treatments or "journeys":
  • Essentials journey (facials, jetlag treatments, detox body wraps, etc)
  • Escape journey (facials, body scrubs, massage)
  • Men's journey (realigning sports massage, all over detox, face treatments)
Since 2002, The DoubleTree by Hilton Teaching Kids to CARE® program is one of the most acclaimed community outreach programs in the travel industry. Since 2002, the program has taught more than five million schoolchildren the importance of caring about their community and has received more than 40 local, regional and worldwide awards. DoubleTree by Hilton collaborates with some of the world's most respected nature organizations, such as the Arbor Day Foundation®, the Woodland Trust®, WWF® and the United Nations World Food Program to encourage social responsibility and environmental awareness in communities around the world. As a result, DoubleTree by Hilton has been a driving force in the planting of more than 350,000 trees around the world.

The Bad

• Cookie greetings
Some guests have complained that the practice of greeting guests with chocolate chip cookies is hostile or even dangerous for those with nut allergies, particularly young children.

The Bottom Line

For more than 20 years, DoubleTree Hotels & Resorts has built a culture of service with its C.A.R.E. (Caring and Rewarding Experience) with a friendly staff promised to go above and beyond to make guests feel welcome during their entire stay. In addition to a long list of high quality, full service upscale amenities, DoubleTree has a solid global reputation with popular charity works benefitting both children and the environment. Every DoubleTree by Hilton guest is greeted at check-in with a warm chocolate chip cookie as an expression of welcome unique to the brand. Some guests have complained that this practice is hostile or even dangerous for those with nut allergies, particularly young children.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

DoubleTree Hotel has always given us a great experience. From ultra modern facilities, super clean rooms, to low rates. DoubleTree knows how to make you feel at home. Their staff so professional and attentive, DoubleTree makes us happy to return often.

Larry Hawker Las Vegas, NV

Double tree hotels are usually good although not consistent in all markets. Parking can be an issue. But customer service is usually better than a lot of hotels and I like the cookies! They have always tried to make things right with the rooms.

cb Thibodaux, LA

Stayed here for an trip 3 years ago and was pleased to be surprised with cookies when I got there! Very nice but little surprise after driving all day to get where you need to be and very friendly staff! Beds were comfortable and clean!

James Conder Eagle Mountain, UT

I was able to stay at a DoubleTree Hotel in Massachusetts and was very impressed. The rooms and pool were amazing, the Amenities were great and they had a bar / restaurant in the hotel with amazing drinks and food. I really enjoyed my stays at this hotel.

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

I have stayed at a Double Tree in Atlanta with an entire group of high school students I was in charge of. The staff really took care of us (especially considering I had over 150 kids with me). The rooms were great, the property was clean and well kept. We had set up a private breakfast for our kids and that was great as well.

Irinna Danielson Riverton, UT

Every time I stay at the DoubleTree I can't wait for the warm, fresh-baked cookies. They're seriously the best and icing on the cake when you check into a hotel after a long day of traveling. Besides the cookies, the hotels are nice, the rooms are clean, and I know I can count on a good experience if I stay at a DoubleTree.

H Moore Lehi, UT

The DoubleTree Hotel is my favorite hotel of the Hilton chain. The beds are very comfortable, and they have the sinks and counters separate from the shower/toilet area, which is very nice when you are traveling with teenage girls. We recently stayed in the DoubleTree suites in Anaheim, and the customer service was wonderful.

Larson Riverton, UT

I loved my experience at this hotel!! I stayed there for a work meeting and it was excellent! The rooms were great and the free warm cookies were a great perk!

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

The room service is amazing! The pool is big and fun for the whole family. They have amazing customer service at the front desk and are always wanting to help out.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

The DoubleTree hotel is my favorite upscale hotel.. They are great on vacation, making everything seem very opulent. The price is easy on the wallet and the pools are just fantastic.

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

I stayed at a DoubleTree last month; the cookies were fantastic and they provided me with complimentary toiletries since I was staying from a flight delay and didn't have any of my bags with me. The room was clean, a little dated, but overall my stay was great.

Wendy Liu Bethesda, MD

DoubleTree when you first enter offers you a nice warm cookie! Their customer service is wonderful and the staff are very welcoming and nice. The rooms were clean and tidy while the breakfast place was warm and cozy with lots of space to eat.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

The DoubleTree has stepped up its game. I used to feel like it was just so so, but the updated on in Cranberry, PA is immaculate. I was there for a friend's wedding and it was wonderful. Love the updated, trendy lobby. So pretty.

Connor Farmington, UT

DoubleTree makes you feel like family when you stay. The front desk is always extremely kind and helpful no matter where I am in the country, and the warm cookies are always a nice touch.

Nathan D. Warrendale, PA

The DoubleTree in Cranberry Twp, PA is a great venue. It recently went under construction and the lobby is beautiful along with conference rooms, center bar and a restaurant in the lobby with great selections. I have attended a wedding reception and a corporate brand launch event here.

Natasha Salt Lake City, UT

They had great prices, but the rooms were really disgusting. We asked for a non-smoking room and it was obvious that someone had smoked in it recently. When we asked to move they wouldn't change rooms.

Laura Herriman, UT

I am not impressed with this hotel. From the time to check in it takes for ever to get to your room. Breakfast is not included and you pay for the room. But the fresh cookie you give is good.

Fernando Delgado Tempe, AZ

Hotel we stayed in is very nice and clean however we got stop con the elevator for about 1 hours and hotel never apologize or provide any type of discounted never stayed at double tree again.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

We stayed at a Double Tree hotel when we were in San Bernadino, CA for a funeral. The hotel was clean, the staff was pleasant, and our beds were comfortable.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

They have great customer service. The rooms are nice and the people take care of me like I am a very important guest and make me feel at home.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

These are great hotels. Very clean, comfortable beds, good breakfasts - plus AMAZING cookies in the lobby.

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

Double Tree offers great rates and a comfortable place to stay. Our most recent stay at a DoubleTree was affordable and the rooms were well kept and cozy.

Jessica Eagle Mountain, UT

Double tree hotels are my favorite. I love the fresh baked cookies and the friendly staff who are always available to assist you.

hmarashi Newark, NJ

During Hurricane Sandy my family and I moved into doubletree for a while. They were very accommodating, and their amenities were top notch.

Adria Riverton, UT

Isn’t the chocolate cookie enough. They always give you a warm e when you check in and it’s the best. Always clean and high quality

Toni Baker Draper, UT

We always stay at the double tree when we go to poke til Idaho for the cutter races nice clean rooms friendly atmosphere friendly people

Violet Acosta Stewart ,

I love this place. Great rooms, courteous staff and even better amenities. Any time I can stay here while traveling I will and do.

Christyan Bennett Mobile, AL

DoubleTree Hotels is an absolutely amazing hotel. They always have amazing room services and breakfast. They have a great price!

Todd Homitz Evans City, PA

My company held a huge event at their banquet hall and it was amazing. The rooms were beautiful and the staff was amazing!

MattB Salt Lake City, UT

Our family stayed at a DoubleTree over the Christmas break and the free breakfast was great. However, the rooms felt unclean and unkept and the beds were very uncomfortable.

Juan Beaver, PA

Do you like quality for a lower price? DoubleTree Hotel makes me feel like i am staying at a hilton hotel. I recommend.

Amanda Warrendale, PA

DoubleTree Hotels are clean and give you everything you need in your room for a reasonable price. I've never had a bad experience!

Tony Riverton, UT

Went to a little convention held at the DoubleTree in downtown SLC some years ago. Nice venue at the time and pleasant hotel staff.

Vicki A Michaels

My favorite hotel. BEST cookies ever, and they're warm. Cleans room and good customer service as well.

Andrea Smith Idaho Falls, ID

The last few times we've stayed at a Double Tree Hotel, it was very basic and needed to be updated. We usually try to go somewhere else that is more reliable.

Austin Stelmach Boulder, CO

I did not have the best experience at DoubleTree. The person at the front desk was not very helpful and the room was not very clean.

Valentino Chanel South Jordan, UT

I’d skip the rooms and just buy their cookies! It’s pricey but I wouldn’t expect any less from this brand.

Jesse Rice Gulfport, MS

The DoubleTree Hotel in Florida was an awesome stay. Great service and clean and well kept hotel.

Jacob American Fork, UT

Double Tree hotels are very cozy and comfortable. You feel at home and everything is in order and organized.

Erin Rhoton Pleasant Grove, UT

DoubleTree is always a great stay and they have the BEST chocolate chip cookies!

Amelia Gibson South Jordan, UT

Double tree is a great choice because they are very Professional.

Tysen Rohner Gilbert, AZ

Continental breakfast served here is good. Rooms are nice and clean

RJ Provo, UT

I was impressed with how nice my room was and would definitely go back.

Denise H. Mona, UT

The rooms are just okay; beds are not that comfortable. But...I love the chocolate chip cookies!

Diana Melnyk

Very nice rooms with comfy beds. Love the chocolate chip cookies!