- Travel experience
- Customer feedback
It's rare in the hotel service industry that a hotel hardly ever has any complaints. Delta Hotels and Resorts happen to be one of them.
Delta offers everything essential to what they call the 'travel experience'-from modern and cleanly designed rooms to well-appointed fitness centers that cater to the business traveler's health and wellness needs. Delta Hotels compete in the upscale tier against American-based brands like Doubletree, Sheraton and Crowne Plaza. Delta also takes pets, so for pet travelers, this is a huge plus.
Whether it's Delta's hotels or resorts, guests have great things to say about their stay.
Typical things people rave about:
- Delta is our "home away from home"
- Check in is fast and easy
- The upgraded rooms are comfortable
- The pool facilities are a pleasure to enjoy.
- Great location
- Concierge are helpful finding us a restaurant for dinner and checking-out the next day
- Resort Casino was a fun activity to do at night
- Lounge is great for drinks
- Room is nice and cool with the air conditioning and a great water view
- Pool area is great - inside and outside pools and hot tubs so lots of room for everyone.
- The hotel itself has many amenities - you really don't have to leave the grounds for anything.
No complaints regarding service or amenities, just suggestions.
A few examples:
- Get a room away from the pool or casino since it would probably be quieter
- Ask to be high and away from the FANS! They are quite loud
- Upgrade to a room with a view of the lake (for resorts)
Actually, there was one complaint: parking. Parking was confusing. For some guests, the hotel website parking instructions are not clear. Self-parking is expensive at $30 per day.
The good news: Delta accommodates pets.
The not-so-good news: Delta accommodates pets.
Delta has a long list of stipulations for pet owners and travelers:
- All Delta hotels and resorts have a pet charge of $35 per stay/room to cover additional cleaning costs. (If guests stay past 5 nights, then an additional $35 will apply.)
- Delta only allows small to medium size cats and dogs, less than 50 lbs.
- Maximum of two pets per room.
- There are certain areas of the hotel where pets cannot be admitted. These include all restaurants, the pool and health club, meeting rooms and the Signature Club lounge.
Delta's "Polite" Suggestions:
- Please keep pets on a leash at all times in the public areas inside the hotel as well as around the exterior of our property.
- Delta prefers that pets not be left unattended in guest rooms. If it is inevitable, guests are asked to please inform the front desk and leave a contact number where they can be reached should their pet become agitated.
- If a pet has any accidents on the premises, guests are asked to please clean up after him or her promptly or ask for assistance to do so.
- Guests are asked to arrange a convenient time with the front desk when they will be out of the room with their pet, so that housekeeping can service their room.
- Any damages to the room caused by a pet will be added to guest's credit card.
- If a guest's pet creates a disturbance affecting the comfort of other guests, they will be expected to compensate the hotel for this loss of revenue.
The Bottom Line
Delta's brand caters to the upscale modern traveler's needs. It is rare for travelers to have complaints. Guests rave about the amenities and quality of service, except for parking, which may be confusing and expensive at $30 per day. It also is pet-friendly, which pet owners will like; however, they have a full list of pet restrictions, which pet-owners may not like.