With locations found across the globe, Days Inn has become one of the largest budget hotel solutions in the world. Founded by Cecil B. Day in 1970, Days Inn originally featured restaurants, gift shops, and gasoline pumps prior to the brand becoming a franchised operation. Within the first 8 years of franchising the hotel, there were 300 hotels found in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada. Today, Days Inn Worldwide is part of the Wyndham Hotel Group and is based in New Jersey. The Days Inn mission continues to be to provide "The Best Value Under the Sun."
- Discounted options
- Rewards program
The Days Inn accommodation services are geared towards servicing active, outdoor, or adventure-seeking individuals or families. Typically, Days Inn locations can be found near outdoor attractions, but there are also properties in the hearts of larger cities. Typically, Days Inn charges less than the economy or luxury hotels, providing a discounted option for travelers.
Despite being labeled as a "budget" hotel, there are amenities guests can appreciate considering the lower nightly rates. While amenities and other services may vary depending on the location, travelers can typically expect:
- Daybreak Breakfast: the Days Inn provides a complimentary breakfast complete with oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, and more.
- Free Wi-fi: guests can stay connected with free Wi-fi available in hotel rooms and common areas.
- Suite Upgrade: at Days Inn and Suites locations, guests can upgrade their room to include separate living and sleeping areas.
- Pool/Fitness Center: most location provide at least one or more of these services, but travelers will need to check with each location.
As part of the Wyndham umbrella of brands, Days Inn guests can take advantage of the Wyndham rewards program. The points system allows for travelers to earn free nights, flights, and gift cards with each qualified reservation/stay.
Since its founding, Days Inn was able to expand relatively quickly. Today, there are over 1,900 Days Inn locations found worldwide with more than 145,000 rooms available for reservation. Finding a Days Inn in a desired city stateside is relatively easy. Guests can book their reservation at Days Inn online or directly over the phone.
- Cancellation policy
Days Inn is a franchised operation. Due to the business structure, Days Inn locations do not all necessarily offer the same amenities or services. While each hotel strives to provide similar positive experiences for guests, there are things that differ from location to location. Guests should be aware that there may be inconsistencies such as:
- Pet Friendliness: some locations allows pets to stay for free, others require a pet fee for clean up, and then there are those that do no allow pets at all
- Room Choices: some Days Inn locations offer suites to their guests while others only provide the same standard rooms
- Cancellation: for more information regarding the cancellation policy, see below.
- Check-in/Check-out times: guests will need to contact the location directly to get specifics on times
There has been some confusion surrounding the Days Inn cancellation policy. Since they are individually owned and operated businesses through the franchise, policies can also differ depending on the location. There is not a set number of hours in advance a guest needs to notify Days Inn regarding a cancellation, nor is there a stringent refund policy. If a traveler needs to cancel their reservation for whatever reason, he or she will need to contact the location directly for policy specifics.