- Unique hotels
Curio properties are not a standardized, hotel franchise chain. They are established, inherently unique and independent hotel brands, chosen to join the Curio collection for their individuality and character.
Some hotels are well known. Others are local legends. But each hotel in the Curio Collection is a masterpiece considered to reflect the best of its surroundings. These hotels are spaces with personalities and stories all their own-from world-famous spas to legendary performances, distinctive designs to significant architecture.
List of Curio hotels:
- The Franklin Hotels
- The Providence Biltmore
- The Highland Dallas
- SLS Las Vegas
- The Diplomat Resort
- Juniper Hotel Cupertino
- Boulders Resort and Spa
- The Sam Houston hotel
Each hotel is selected based on being out of the ordinary. Every room is equipped with contemporary amenities such as an HDTV with surround-sound and complimentary WiFi access, organic spa shower amenities and sumptuous beds with high thread count linens. Each room is also equipped with a refrigerator/freezer and a Keurig coffee maker for your convenience.
Curio properties set the standard in hospitality.
- The Highland offers PURE rooms, considered the cleanest in the world.
- The Franklin assigns a host to each one of its guests.
- The SLS Las Vegas teamed with Phillipe Starck in collaboration with Gensler to create a visionary atmosphere.
- The ballroom of The Biltmore was once transformed into an aquarium for a performance.
- Entertainers once flocked to the shores where The Diplomat now stands. A tiki room once called The Highland its home.
Some Curio hotels, like the Juniper, offer complimentary self-parking with valet parking at 15.00/day. Typically hotels are in convenient locations near shops and restaurants and close to railway stations.
- Disabled person accommodations
- No breakfast
Curio as an upscale brand is irrefutable in terms of five star quality and reputation. Guests only have minor comments
- Poor disabled person accommodations.
- Curio hotels also do not serve breakfast, but instead provided a gift certificate for the onsite Starbucks (for Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members)
- A few guests feel the price is pretty high for what you get. For starters, after you pay for your room, you can valet your car for $25, or park in an unsecured gravel parking lot next to the residences.
Overall a few guests agree that Curio hotels are nice but feel they appear to focus on concept and ambiance, rather than the little details.
The Bottom Line
Curio is a collection of independent, unique hotels under Hilton Worldwide appealing to travelers seeking local discovery. It is not a standardized, hotel franchise chain but a collection of previously historic upscale hotels under the same Honors membership umbrella. Each hotel is unique, high-quality, and innovative in its own right. Each hotel also has its own minor drawbacks, like lack of wheelchair accessibility or daily parking fees with "complimentary" self parking in unsecured premises.