Courtyard Marriott Logo

Is This Your Business?

6.7

LAST UPDATED: August 16th, 2021
Hotel Type: Economy
The Courtyard Marriott was started over 30 years ago in Atlanta, Georgia under the Marriott International brand. The first hotel was created just for business travelers but has evolved over the years to meet the needs of its guests. Today, there are almost 1000 hotels in 38 countries, offering lively social spaces and ways to just kick back and relax. Whatever guests are at, their spaces are created to accommodate what they need, right where they need it.

The Good

• Amenities
  • Accommodations
  • Special rates
The Courtyard Marriott brand offers guests great amenities such as:
  • 24-hr Access to Exercise Equipment
  • Temperature-controlled Pool
  • Grab 'n go snacks and sit-down meals.
  • Seasonal Food and Cocktail Selection
  • Starbucks coffee
Courtyard Marriott's food service is of particular interest. Guests can take their food to go or sit and be served. Many guests will be happy to be able to get a Starbucks coffee to jumpstart their day. For business travelers, there is a well-equipped lobby area with:
  • Free Wi-Fi*
  • GoBoard® Touchscreens for Info on the Go
  • Casual meeting & workspace
  • Business Center
  • 24/7 Market
Guest room amenities are conducive for work or play. Accommodations include:
  • Plush Bedding
  • Stylish Bathrooms
  • Flexible Workspaces
  • Free High-Speed Internet*
  • Paul Mitchell® Grooming Essentials
  • King & Queen sized rooms
  • Courtyard Suites® (Larger Rooms are available)
Courtyard  Marriott also offers outdoor amenities to mingle, relax or congregate for business purposes. Their flagship outdoor area is their Firepit. The firepit is of neat stylish design surrounded by cushioned lounge chairs. The rooms were found to be large, with comfy beds with puffy goose-down comforters (which, are offered for sale in a catalog, along with towels, lamps and most of the room's furnishings). When booking, guests can also get special rates with a:
  • AAA/CAA membership
  • Senior Discount
  • Government & Military
  • Corporate/promotional code

The Bad

• Considerations
Courtyard Marriott is generally well-liked with some considerations offered for first-time guests to know. These considerations include:
  • There is free WiFi, although currently guests have to register for paid minimum WiFi and then the charge is deleted on their bill).
  • the in-house Bistro closes at 10:00 pm which forces patrons to go elsewhere for any after concert drink and conversation.
  • It was disappointing that there is no complimentary breakfast included with the stay - especially for the price of the room.
  • Price was ok but after all the taxes, fees and parking it doesn't seem much like a bargain.
  • Bathrooms are small
Also to be noted is that promoted amenities are typical at most United States hotels but not guaranteed. Additionally, amenities will vary at International locations.

The Bottom Line

Courtyard  Marriott is a comfortable place to stay. It is in a good location close to restaurants and attractions with most of the expected conveniences. There's a nice indoor pool and gym, and an unexciting but pleasant in-house restaurant. The highlight is its business area amenities, flexible food service choices and Starbucks coffee.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

The Courtyard Marriott offers alternative options that are often better than high end resorts. The costs are kept very fair and the hotel locations usually put me right in downtown locations. Very convenient for business or personal travel. I often travel with my family and the Courtyard Marriott never disappoints. Great low cost, loyalty points program, helpful staff, and very clean accommodations make this hotel line a simple decision.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

As a Marriott Rewards Platinum member, I enjoy getting all the benefits from staying in hotels like the Courtyard Marriott. I love the free water & 1 free item from snack bar upon check in. The mobile app is very easy to use & navigate. Being able to book, search, cancel reservations right from the app is very helpful. One of my favorite mobile app features is the directions button that opens the Map app directly from it by the simple click of the button. This is my choice of travel whenever I'm on the road.

BeauCarl South Jordan, UT

The Courtyard brand is a great option for the budget minded business traveler, it’s a no-frills hotel usually in great locations if you simply need a place to stay a bagel in the morning a newspaper a Courtyard is a great option. Keep in mind many of these hotels are now in need of renovation I suggest checking the website to see when the hotel was built at last renovated.

Cade Boudreaux Irving, TX

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Houma, LA last night and had an amazing stay. The hotel room looked amazing and were very clean. The exercise room was also pretty nice so I worked out for a bit.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I love the Courtyard Marriott's. We had a wonderful vacation with our kids while visiting Vegas and enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard. They pool was fun. It was close to restaurants. Clean, friendly staff.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

Courtyard Marriott's are on the higher-end of Marriott Hotels, so they are very wonderful places to stay. The hotels are beautifully decorated, have new updates, good breakfasts, and clean and comfortable rooms.

MattB Salt Lake City, UT

Courtyard Marriott hotels are a great way to benefit from the trustworthy accommodations Marriott offers at lower prices. My wife and I stayed in one this past summer and the pool was great, customer service was excellent and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

cb Thibodaux, LA

This hotel is very nice looking inside and out. I stayed here for Mardi Gras and I was easily put into my room with no problem. We had a pool side balcony view and was beautiful! all the furniture was very comfortable even the sofa!

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

We love any and all Marriott hotels. Courtyard is an affordable options that our family has enjoyed on multiple vacations. The rooms are always clean, beds comfortable and amenities very accommodating.

Mickey Mangum Long Beach, MS

The Courtyard Marriott properties are all great. They are a less expensive version of a full Marriott. My stay was great. The rooms were clean, the staff was great and the property is what you would expect form Marriott. Good experience.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

The Courtyard Marriott is a really nice hotel with a wonderful experience. The reservation comes with breakfast, which is actually great with many options, especially dietary restrictions.

courtney tennant Salem, VA

I never have a good time in these hotels. They're always overpriced for what you get.

Austin Stelmach Boulder, CO

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott once while visiting my brother in Boulder. The room was clean, the bed was super comfortable, and the staff was amazing! I also really liked the fitness room.

janice pan ,

I love the courtyard in Henderson. The lobby was spacious for us to spend time with our team all together. And the front desk clerks were so awesome and offered suggestions to make our stay better.

Connor Farmington, UT

I love the Courtyard Marriott and the welcoming environment of Marriotts as a whole. This a great option for families to stay and they are in great locations.

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

I have always found that the Courtyard facilities are modern and well kept. The rooms are well maintained and the amenities in the rooms are nice. The beds are large, comfortable, and the rooms are quiet. I only wish they offered a complementary breakfast!

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

Marriott is always a good idea. The rooms are always clean and pleasant. The beds are always comfortable with nice linens. I stay with Marriott often but Courtyard is my last choice because they do not offer breakfast.

Molly Keogh Ogden, UT

Our stay was great. We were so impressed with the room and especially the breakfast. It was clean and felt safe.

Jillaine Clark Orem, UT

I love the Courtyard!! They're so nice! I've never had a bad experience at one! They're so clean and great service and quality!

Seth Dallas, TX

I have always had a delightful stay at the courtyard! They have been really courteous and easy to work with. Quick to respond as well!

Bryndie Managua, MN

Courtyard Marriotts are amazing! Service is impeccable, staff is always so nice and they have a ton of amenities to make it a comfortable stay

Christyan Bennett Baton Rouge, LA

Courtyard Marriott Hotels is an absolute astonishing hotel. I love staying here because their customer service is always on point.

Kaydence Bonino Riverton, UT

We love staying at the courtyard marriot! Marriott is always at the top of their game. The room was immaculate and the staff were awesome!

Darbles32 Managua, MN

The marriotts have always been my go to hotel when on road trips. It is always affordable and is clean and organized

Aubrey Rentschler Salt Lake City, UT

The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. I do wish they would offer complimentary breakfast though for the price.

Jessica Eagle Mountain, UT

I love the Courtyard Marriott. My kids enjoy the pool area and I love that they have a nice workout area.

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

Stayed at the Courtyard in Los Angeles and it was just okay. They didn’t offer free parking or free breakfast. The rooms were clean, but was a little over priced after parking and food. It wasn’t my favorite stay.

Valentino Chanel South Jordan, UT

Good solid hotel especially for families. The rooms were a good size and the beds were comfy. The gym was well equipped and the pool was good.

David T Ogden, UT

Courtyard Marriotts are ok, but I normally look for other hotels if they are available. I feel like the service isn't up to the Marriott name.

Reckholdt Draper, UT

We can always count on a Courtyard Marriott for being clean, comfortable, and a good value for what we are getting.

Amanda Warrendale, PA

Marriotts are my favorite hotels, especially the Courtyard Marriott because it's clean and the beds are comfy!

Jon Posey Riverton, UT

I love Courtyards! They are reasonably priced, clean, modern, have great amenities. You seriously can't go wrong.

Fernando Delgado Tempe, AZ

We stayed for our tucson stay at courtyard Marriott the hotel was very clean and great customer service!!

Stephanie M. Manassas, VA

The front desk charged my debit card after I paid for the hotel in full on Priceline. This happened in Chantilly Va and I still have not received my money back.

Ellie Cheyenne, WY

These suites are classy and stylish. Their clean, spacious, and well kept. Their Employees are kind and helpful.

Jesse Rice Gulfport, MS

Absolutely splendid rooms and comfortable beds. Great rates and a beautiful layout always.

Wilinda Sylvestre Tallahassee, FL

Great customer service. Great people. Amazing experience!

Jon Robinson Riverton, UT

I always know I will have a quality stay if I'm in a Marriott product. The Courtyards are great.

Mikayla Ralston Baltimore, MD

Always beautiful rooms, modern style, decent price. I don't believe they offer free breakfast.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

Love the Marriott hotel chain and am not ever disappointed with my stay.