- Home-like touches
The Candlewood Suites brand focuses on providing accommodations that feature the comforts of home for travelers on long-term, stressful and time-consuming trips.
They offer carefully chosen and convenient amenities and locations.
- Airport hotels are near to several major U.S. airports, so once guests land, they won't have to travel far to find a place to sleep.
- Open pet-friendly accommodations at every hotel.
The hotel also offers guests full-service, midscale amenities:
Spacious Suites that are spacious, comfortable and complete with everything guests need to live, work, and relax while away from home. Rooms have weekly housekeeping. Suites are available in Studio, One bedroom and Two bedroom floorplans.
Fully equipped kitchens well-stocked with everything a hungry home-chef needs to settle in and start cooking: fridge, stovetop, microwave, plenty of counter space and of course, a dishwasher.
Outdoor Gazebo Grill for guests to unwind and gather together and grill-just like in your backyard. Grilling utensils are provided.
Candlewood Cupboard allow guests to stock up on a variety of breakfast items, beverages, snacks, frozen entrées and more, any time-all on the honor system.
Candlewood offers what they call "Thoughtful Homelike Touches":
- Large desk space
- Plenty of storage
- Hair dryer
- Full-size ironing board
- Comforts of HomeTM Bedding Collection
- Free high-speed Internet
They offer spacious kitchens with:
- Full-size fridge
- Pots, Pans & Utensils
- Plates & Glasses
- Plenty of counter space
Another stand-out feature is called the Lending Locker.
The locker, or loan closet, stocks items guests may have forgotten during their stay or couldn't bring with them in the first place. How it works: If guests see something in the locker that they want to use, they fill out a slip at the front desk stating what they're borrowing and their room number.
Although Candlewood Suites has an open pet policy, pet owners and travelers may not feel their policies are as welcoming. A lengthy list of restrictions apply that guests need be aware of:
Candlewood Suites' Pet Policies and Guidelines:
- Pets weighing less than 80 pounds are welcome.
- Proper medical certification specifying that all vaccinations are up to date must be available upon request.
- A non-refundable fee will be charged to the guest's account upon check-in based upon the length of stay:
- 6 nights up to $75
- 7+ nights up to $150
- Guests are responsible for any damages to the room and its contents. The guest's suite will be inspected for such damages prior to checkout. If extensive cleaning or damage repair is necessary beyond the normal deep cleaning process, the guest may be charged additional fees.
- Pet may be left unattended in guest's room. However, if guests leave the premises of the hotel with your pet unattended in the room, the pet must be in a crate or pet carrier while you are gone.
- Pets must be on a controllable leash at all times when outside the guest suite.
- Guests must walk their pets in designated walk areas and are responsible for picking up after their pet in and around the hotel at all times.
- Noise/Disruptive Complaints - barking and noise that is disruptive to other guests in the hotel is not acceptable. Upon receipt of two (2) noise or disruptive complaints, the guest may be asked to make alternate arrangements for their pet.
- Housekeeping Service - The pet must be removed from the suite prior to the scheduled weekly housekeeping service or other arrangements must be made with hotel management.
Although the staff is lovely and helpful, some guests feel the price for the hotel does not match what you get, that you are paying for the strategic location. This seems to be due to guests staying only for short-term stays and who don't plan on spending much time on the premises. Candlewood Suites prices are said to be more than reasonable for families and travelers on long-term stays and in need of home amenities.
The Bottom Line
Candlewood Suites focuses on offering a more casual extended stay than promoting five star amenities. Its main attractions are its designated locations near airports and other central locations, its Lending Locker feature to protect major guest items-as well as its pet-friendly extended stay option at all its hotels. (Most hotels just offer pet-friendly accommodations at less than half of their hotels). Pet owners may not be happy with the list of restrictions that apply and need to be aware as to not incur penalty fees.
The hotel chain stands on its "Thoughtful Homelike Touches" and fully equipped kitchens, spacious suites. Candlewood Suites are more than reasonably priced for guests on a long-term stay and needing home-like amenities, i.e. laundry facilities. For guests on a short stay and won't be spending much time in their rooms, it may seem a slight bit expensive.