Best Western Logo

7.9

Hotel Type: Economy
Best Western Motels was founded by experienced hotelier M.K. Guertin in 1946. The chain begins as an informal “referral system” where each hotel recommends other hotels to travelers using phone calls between hotel operators. With more than 4000 hotels in over 11 countries and territories, Best Western has led the hotel industry for seven decades, earning it more industry awards than any other hotel brand, targeting both leisure and business travelers. Best Western International, Inc. celebrates 69 years of providing quality customer care and dedicated service to Best Western guests across the globe.

The Good

• Hotel options
  • Reputation
  • Amenities
Best Western  offers guests  a choice of the following hotels based on customer's needs and budget: BEST WESTERN® BEST WESTERN PLUS® BEST WESTERN PREMIER® BEST WESTERN PLUS EXECUTIVE RESIDENCYSM BW Premier CollectionSM. The Best Western hotel brand has a strong global reputation for excellence, with yearly awards such as the following:
  • The prestigious TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence four times more often than the industry average.
  • International Quality Assurance Awards 2014-2015
Pet owners will be pleased to learn that Best Western is very pet-friendly hotel with more than 1,600 pet-friendly hotels across North America. Working with Cesar Milan, Best Western provides tips to make travel easier for guests and your pets. They also offer for an exceptional midscale value with the following amenities:
  • a welcoming environment
  • comfortable room,
  • breakfast
  • free high-speed Internet access
  • great service
  • Business center with copy and fax service
In North America, 49 percent of Best Western-branded hotels maintained an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five, as reviewed by TripAdvisor users. Positive guest feedback includes:
  • comfortable beds
  • clean rooms
  • nice helpful staff
  • close to public transportation and tourist attractions
  • very reasonable pricing
Best Western also offers what they call the "I Care" Cleaning Program. This program empowers housekeeping staff at Best Western hotels in North America to an innovative way of cleaning using tools such as Ultra Violet (UV) sterilization wands and UV inspection black light wraps to clean guest rooms and common areas. They also provide clean remotes or wraps for the remote control device and pillow and blanket wraps.

The Bad

• Pricing
  • Scrutiny
Best Western's long list of prestigious awards and brand popularity makes it harder to see the reality of the actual hotel experience, i.e. if they deliver on their promises. Guests should be aware that there is also a difference in quality between the economy Best Western and the higher tiered brands like the Best Western Plus and Best Western Premier. With each tier upgrade, amenities are delivered closer to what the brand promises,  with pricing increasing substantially for guests only in the midscale demographic. Amenities promised have faced some friendly scrutiny from customers, such as:
  • Noisy locations in some major cities
  • facilities are not as good as the price
  • You get what you pay for, no more.
  • Small rooms
  • Communal balconies in some locations (limited privacy)
Also to be noted is that promoted amenities are typical at most United States hotels but not guaranteed. Additionally, amenities will vary at International locations.

The Bottom Line

Best Western holds a plethora of accolades in the hotel industry for everything from best website to best customer engagement. They have several brand tiers with increasing levels of quality, amenities and pricing. Guests get the level of quality they pay for. As a global brand with a solid reputation, guests can feel secure in what to expect, although it can vary on location and individual franchise owner standards. The hotel chain's universal appeal comes from its great staff, its convenient locations across North America and several other continents, and its commitment to providing personalized and caring guest experiences.  As the world's most popular midscale hotel brand, Best Western's affiliation with so many partners allows customers to benefit from various discounts like AAA membership.

3.8

Jason Curcio Calgary, AB

I would give them 5 stars based on cleanliness, value etc BUT, BW as a company itself doesn't seem to care about their customers. The individual hotels are great to at least reply to my questions but corporate has yet to reply to any of my emails. My emails are not necessarily complaints but questions regarding my BW points or rate discrepancies on the app vs their website. Not one single reply. I travel a lot for work and their are lots of options! Time to start exploring them.

Heather McCarthy Fairhaven, MA

Best Western Laconia has unacceptable business practices, I had a reservation, did an online confirmation that I needed to check in late and when I arrived they had given my room away and marked me as a no show even though I had a email conformation from their website showing I confirmed. The charged me a no show fee, and are refusing to refund me, I did not no show and in fact had confirmed and did not get a room. I will not be doing business with this company again.

BE KIND Kalispell, MT

We have always ONLY stayed at Best Westerns when traveling as a family. Within the past 5 years it has been hit and miss. We are pretty easy going & not too uptight. We like clean rooms, which Best Westerns are routinely clean..never really a problem there. But front desk service seems to be increasingly lacking basic old fashion customer service politeness. We are going to start seeking other hotels from now on since the reason we stayed with Best Westerns in the first place was because we enjoyed the consistency & yet we have been at many Best Westerns where employees were either having a bad day, hate their job or just life in general? We just politely go in to get our room, call for information, etc and have been increasingly met with well...just not very nice people. Guess that is to be expected in this day of so much anger in our world...guess we just hope to get some retrieve when we are on a trip. We can't help that we are customers ruining the day of the employee by coming to stay at their hotel. We don't really take much personally usually but it seems to be getting worse, hit and miss..and we would rather go to a hotel where they are more professional routinely. Don't need to worry about who I am going to talk to when I go to a hotel. I'd rather just know it's going to be easy. Here is my card, here is my rsvp, thank you for the room key. We are only yet Gold members but don't care about maintaining anything further. Called to report our concern not to be compensated, NOT to be told they are sorry we are "upset" I explained we are "concerned" not "upset" with the quality of the hotel of late and just thought Best Western should know. It was a curtesy call not a complaint call. I guess customers are simply invisible anymore. That's ok. Good Luck Best Western! We just don't need to pay money for drama when we are trying to take a trip to relax. :)

Cozmox Nashville, TN

#72126064726896 Absolutely horrible so worst western plus cedar bluff inn in Knoxville. So I book the room though Expedia ... as always in 10 years never had a issue. 120$ a night paid it ..... I finally get there after driving 14 hours .... only to discover not only do they want there money but supposedly simply because I booked thou Expedia ... they wanted another 150$ ran and placed on hold for incidentals.... so just for me to stay one night they wanted 270$ ..... couldn’t just have my card on file no no (like everyone else) and to top it off they wouldn’t accept my American Express. Wouldn’t refund my money ... nada. So I was forced to sleep in my truck. No shower no bed and a 16 hour work day up next. But that’s not the best part .... as I’m a dealing with this two older white men walk in (I had reservations and gold status with Expedia) she offers them a cheaper rate and they don’t have to pay the 150$ hold.... talk a bout blatantly racist I’ll never be staying with this chain again.... still waiting for the refund by the way 🙄 🔫

Anne Sainsbury Orem, UT

I have never had a bad experience at a Best Western. I would not say that I am the most picky when it comes to choosing a hotel but the basics were covered for me when staying here. The room was clean, service was good, breakfast was good, etc. The best part about staying at these hotels is that pricing is usually much more affordable.

Dave Spokane, WA

Best Western is my favorite chain. It hits the sweet spot for quality and price. The quality is so good that I don't need to spend more on a fancier hotel. And it's not worth spending less money and sacrificing the quality you get at Best Western for a great price. Great included hot breakfasts, amenities, staff and rooms.

John Fedor Fayetteville, NC

Awakened all 3 nights of stay by lobby TV and staff refused to turn it down. "Non smoking" room smelled like cigarettes and feet. I know it's never been cleaned properly, as the cobwebs everywhere will attest. A dump with rude staff and small around terrible experience. Close to hospital for wife's surgery, but I should have slept in car.

Tina Turnstiles Windermere, FL

The staff is so nice and friendly. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. We will be staying here again.

Mary Dieke Broomfield, CO

Our stay at the Best Western in Macomb, IL will not get a good review. The carpets were dirty, hardware on the chest of drawers was missing, the bath/shower faucet had pink slime in the fixture. I asked for wakeup service which never happened. We were there for 3 nights. The first two nights we were charged $104.99 plus tax and the third night we were charged $149.99 because the town had Heritage Days. This was price gauging. I would think twice before booking this hotel.

JOSEPH KING Morganton, NC

Milford, Ms Our 3-day.May stay was highlighted by 1) no breakfast at all due to "supplier issues" 2)arbitrary skipping of room cleaning without notice 3) atmosphere was negative. Lobby and check-in empty and depressing. This hotel was obviously still trying to cash in Covid. Also we sent a letter to Best Western corporate and got some off the shelf apology. Never again for us

Saprina Arnold Lakeland, FL

My experience, was in Best Western Plus Miami Florida Biscayne Boulevard. On a Friday night late night two weeks ago today, I checked in for three nights the total came out to $764. When I woke up the next morning the young gentleman at the front desk and ran my card for multiple charges. Not only the hundred dollar deposit, but my account started with close to $1,900 and it was down to $200 if that gives you an idea of how much money they took out of my account everything was in pending I could not call my bank because it was the weekend. Then one of their lovely Associates decided she wanted to hide $700 from her boss however my bank statement showed the boss found the hidden money. Her name was Jazz she's very nice person. So not only did that ruin my whole vacation weekend here we are two weeks later and my car just got ran last night again by Best Western Plus for the amount of $624.75 and another amount of $100 and I'm not even in Miami. So here's my suggestion unless you're using cash I would never stay at this facility again. This has been a two-week long nightmare then I'm still struggling. Anyone who works as hard for their money as I do and goes on vacation only to have it completely ruined by Hotel franchise should not be in business. By the way they still charge me for the room my suggestion I would not stay there ever again

Mark Benson Nakhon Sawan, 60

Best Westerns are fairly nice hotels. The employees are kind and the room itself was clean. Complimentary breakfast was good and I enjoyed my experience. I plan to stay there again need be.

TS Saint Paul, MN

Overall, it was another pleasant weekend at the Best Western Plus Hudson Hotel, located in scenic Wisconsin. The entire staff worked as a diligent and respectful team in order to maintain the upkeep of the swimming pool, kitchen buffet area, front desk, and finally the luxurious private suites. My room was both pristine and sterilized, which reflects positively on the cleaning crew. Extra sanitizer was available too. In addition, everything was in working order, including the Fitness Center, Business Center, WiFi, T.V., electricity, and my favorite, the fancy Keurig coffee maker. At some hotels, when these items and amenities are not up to par or functioning properly, it can certainly disrupt the productivity levels. In Acapulco, my hotel didn’t have any water or electricity, for example. There was ample parking and security which is reassuring as well. On an optimistic note, the morning breakfast buffet was so delicious! We were given choices of the following: chocolate orange muffins, sweet chilled cranberry juice, and cereal to ham/cheese sandwiches, cinnamon twists, and a variety of fruit. For all of you amazing tourists, Hudson is wonderful for sight-seeing, fishing, boating, shopping, water skiing, and creative art shows. My favorite entertainment is to embark on the Grand Duchess or Afton Princess for a spectacular and panoramic afternoon cruise. It is a breathtaking experience indeed. In short, I highly recommend the Best Western Hudson Plus Hotel during your travels, or just for a fun getaway weekend. In the end, you will be highly satisfied with this affordable lodging choice. If you are a member of their Rewards Loyalty Program, you are automatically eligible for these perks: Extra points, monetary promotions, and discounts. Just ask for April, she will gladly assist you! Great service!

Darci Vasquez Spokane, WA

I have really enjoyed staying at Best Western. It is always very clean and has good customer service and the breakfast has a good variety.

Vicki H. Poolesville, MD

We have always been pleased with staying at a Best Western. They have reasonable prices, pleasant rooms and have often been conveniently located in some of the smaller towns we have traveled to for our biking trips. Service people have always been helpful and friendly.

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

This is a good hotel, and a nice place to rest and relax after a long day driving in the car. We have always appreciated the fast check in process, the cleanliness of the hotel and rooms, and how quiet the rooms are from all of the possible noises from the other guests.

Bing Yeung Riverton, UT

My friends and I stayed at Best Western back in Spring. Covid definitely made our experience different on our stay in AZ (low breakfast quality in grab and go bags value under $2). Also we were only provided with 22ml (.75 US fl oz) shampoo and conditioner for 4 of us to share for 3 days 2 nights. We had to ask the front desk for more, yet we still had to save on how much we used. I wish they could be more considerate. The TV in the room was like from the 80's. It's small and boxed size. You won't be able to see the screen clearly on bed. It was annoying so we basically just turned it on to listen to it. The screen had glitches and the color resolution clearly was not so high (not asking for a 4K, but this can't do). I hope they change it. I liked the standing shower and shower pressure, but the layout could improve (you can see the shower just by standing on the bed closest to the bathroom wall through its vent/window), it's weird. No one was impressed with our stay and the service. It was a OKAY hotel. 3 is the best I can give.

Sheryl Connor Pasadena, TX

We stayed at the Best Western - Fort Stockton Texas, February 22nd, 2020. This was an awesome motel with a complimentary yummy evening meal with enchiladas and all the trimmings. The rooms were very nice, clean and had comfortable beds. We had two dogs with us in two rooms, and were so very impressed, this hotel had a dog park area for the dogs to run off their leashes - AWESOME!! The breakfast was also really good with a wide variety of selections. The front desk staff was very accommodating with any request, and all the staff was very friendly. I would not hesitate to highly recommend this Best Western.

saluki fan from GR Grand Ridge, IL

I have recently stayed at the Best Western Saluki Inn in Carbondale Ill. 8-18 to 8-21-19 and was warmly greeted by Kirsten H at the front desk. The check in process was seamless and quick. I was completely satisfied with the explanation of amenities the hotel had to offer. The room smelled clean, looked great and like new, clean carpeting and roomy bathroom. The beds were soft and fresh smelling, comfortable to sleep on along with plentiful soft pillows to add up to a completely satisfying hotel experience that will bring me back to this home away from home. Kirsten gave us a great guest experience the whole time with a wonderful smile and smoothing voice.

JL Stevens Canton, NC

My mother and I recently had to make an unexpected trip to the NC coast for some business. It is the middle of summer, we had no reservations, no plan on where to stay and no idea of where we would be able to find a vacancy. By chance, we landed at the Best Western Plus located in Swansboro, NC, and we are so happy we did. We arrived at the hotel around 10 pm on a Tuesday night asking if they had any availability for two nights. Our luck struck with a resounding, “we do!” The young lady who registered us was very helpful, informative, professional, and knowledgeable. The process couldn’t have gone any smoother. Our room was very clean, comfortable and fresh. It was well stocked and climatically ready for us when we walked in. The breakfast was a very pleasant surprise. There was something for everyone, including me with all of my dietary needs (diabetic, GF, Egg-free)! Every encounter with staff was genuine, professional and very friendly. We were encouraged to “have a fantastic day” and greeted with “I hope your day went well” every time we entered and exited the hotel. Our checkout process was AMAZING! Very quick, personable, and thankful are just a few words to describe the staff and how they felt about our staying with them. But one very impressionable event took place as we were leaving… We packed our belongings in our vehicle and got in. As we got settled for our last bit of business and long trip home, I realized I couldn’t find my special cup. I was immediately in a panic! I got this cup from my sweet granddaughter on my first Mother’s Day as a grandma. I got out of the car and started looking in the back to see if I had accidentally packed my cup – it wasn’t there. I informed my mom I was going back inside to see if I had left it in the dining area, but I never made it that far. As I headed for the doors to the hotel, a staff member was walking out with my cup in her hand. She was looking for me! She handed it to me, and all she said was something along the lines of “I figured this had to be pretty important.” You see, my cup reads “Best Grandma.” It is one of those that has a “lifetime guarantee,” but they no longer make this cup or pattern. To the very special lady who returned my cup, I am so very sorry I didn’t get your name, but I hope the look on my face and the tears in my eyes told you just how important this cup is to me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for seeing it, understanding its importance, and hurrying to return it before I left. Most importantly, I thank you for your honesty.

Anita/Alan Dickson Philo, OH

On July 20, 2019, we stayed at Best Western Plus Franklin Square Inn in Troy, NY. We couldn’t have been any more pleased with our stay. The girl working at the front desk went out of her way to make us happy and comfortable. At first our room keys wouldn’t work. After several trys, she decided the battery on the door receiver were dead so she called maintenance and got it taken care of for us. Meanwhile she guided us on where to eat our dinner (Dinosaur BBQ) which was awesome. If we ever have the need to stay in Troy again, we will definitely stay here. Our only problem we find with this hotel is parking. There isn’t enough parking and we had to leave our car parked in the parking garage all night. No charge but we would’ve felt better had we been able to park at the hotel parking lot.

Corgimom2 Rushville, IN

We stayed 2 nights 4 adults, 1 dog. Our son had the dog, their room had a tiled floor and was very nice! I don't know. Why more hotels do not follow this. Any way we were moving our son and fiance I left a heirloom ship sitting on the tv/dresser. Did not realize it till 36 hrs later. When I called they retrieved it. Thank you to Robin and Sandy for returning back to Lubbock for my son and fiance, they went above and beyond. The overall decor and social areas were spot on to be comfy. Outside you had a grill /sitting area. An atrium inside where we had breakfast with our dog. The waitresses was very accommodating. Overall I give them a 10! Thank you!

eric C Chicago, IL

Best western has the worst customer service! A location under their ownership, The Illinois Beach Hotel, stole a $1,500 deposit from our postponed wedding, after the location shutdown. I spoke with Ester from BW Customer Service, who provided the worst customer care in the business and was zero help in resolving our stolen funds.

Amberlee Hildebrand Orem, UT

Clean, courteous, and consistent. They have served me well several times and I always know what to expect.

Telicia McKnight Houston, TX

This year I’ve stayed at over 3 Best Western hotels in different parts of the country. All were different. All lacked caring about the guest and the reason their hotel was chosen out of the many available. Due to the pandemic there was a lack of everything. From one Best Western hotel only having week old muffins with warm will for breakfast to a bag breakfast work .50. Like wow, your valued guess don’t deserve what you advertised online. There was just a lack of even getting towels. Smh. 2021 no more Best Western hotels for me.

Aimee Bache Elizabethtown, KY

Best 7 weeks spent ever. Down there on business. Very clean and felt like home. Brianna and Alexis were the best and did a great job with checking in 18-30 people. They even accommodated our breakfast schedule

Janice Bell Cumberland, MD

Stayed in Cody Wyoming at the Sunset . Great room loved the size - beds comfy .very clean . Over all stay just wonderful. Lacked the hot breakfast due to Covid 19- But bagged breakfast and coffee, juice was great. Definitly will be my go to motel when in area. You ROCK

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

I have stayed in Best Western several times over the years and while it is not the worst, it certainly has never been great. The hotels feel run down and not kept up. There is one exception of a best western near Mt Hood in Oregon that i stayed at a few years back and it was nice. I will consider Best Western but it will not be my first choice.

Jungle55 Coeur d'Alene, ID

I loved our room at the Best Western in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Very clean and super nice room. Stayed in the queen suite and it was amazing and the pool and hot tub area were very clean and nice. They gave us nice to go bags for Breakfast due to Covid restrictions, but it was delicious!

Terin Layton, UT

Whenever we travel, we know if it’s a Best Western it will be a nice stay. The suite we recently stayed in was beautiful, clean, and spacious, and the tub was huge! It was a comfortable stay and will definitely be going there again.

beverly reid Jacksonville, FL

I recently stayed at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western, Clearwater, FL. The customer service I received was exceptional, while checking in an unwanted person was at the desk wanting a room with no money or ability to pay. Rubin handled this situation well. Because of the issue he gave me a discount for my stay. I was appreciative the day manager honoring Rubin's decision. Thank you Rubin. I will stay at the SureStay again, the management stands behind their employees. - B.Reid, Florida Resident

Vivian Philadelphia, PA

My swim team is staying at Best western location west deptford... we are so pleased with the lovely kitchen lady....she was very pleasant helpful neat as well keeping breakfast are well stocked. One lady to cook and clean up after 73 team members. This hotel first to have kitchen lady who takes your trash for you, ask if we would like more coffee tea or juice and get it for us .

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

I enjoy staying at Best Western hotels. They all have free wi-if, free hot breakfast, and free parking. I recently went to LA and chose Best Western because I feel that the amenities and the price point are very reasonable. In my most recent stay, the staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous. The room was nice. Housekeeping did a good job each day cleaning and re-supplying the room.

Kerry M.

Stayed at the Tin-Wis in Tofino. Two of the employees were outstanding! Rachel at the front desk went above and beyond. Got us checked in early and saw to all of our needs with a smile and great customer service! Poor Krista in the restaurant is a trooper. She had a tough staff to work with and did everything by herself. Major hustle amidst adversity and she is the only reason anyone would come back. Both should get commended and a bonus! Beautiful property.

Cheryl Duncan

Best Western in Watertown, NY is the friendliest hotel we have ever stayed at. Xavier was brand new but so patient with us and kind, Billy Jo, also on the front desk was a treat to speak with. In the breakfast room, Luis has-been so accommodating, friendly and entertaining. Even Gary, a cleaning guy was friendly. The housekeeping staff always greeted us with a smile and a good morning. Whatever management is doing in this hotel, it is working......we will be back again ...and again

Dale Drew Grangeville, ID

My wife and I stayed at Best Western hotel in Dayton, Washington in the end of December 2018. We have stayed at this location several times in the past. The hotel is a nice hotel in a good location. The hotel is clean and has very good services with one major exception; the rooms reek of perfumed dryer sheet and scented detergent smell. If you like that smell good for you. We do not use scented products in our home as we both find them offensive and have reactions to scented products. We have experienced this problem at BW Dayton in the past complained to the hotel management. When we go to a hotel we expect it the be clean and not smell like a hazardous waste dump.

Sharon Rhea Ford Hudson, OH

For years, we stayed there twice yearly on our way to where I taught and home for the summer. Now that my parents are deceased and I have a spine injury, I still have to make the trip due to a house. I dreaded it without my fabulous Mother; yet, they make me feel part of the family. The people there are so amazing. Also, the hotel where I stay has upgraded the rooms and most everything in them, the lobby, and more. It deserves the highest recognition.

Baj5527 Brigham City, UT

They are a very nice Hotel/motel. I have stayed there A few times and have been very satisfied. I stayed in Sacramento, California and in Atlanta and I think in Kansas City, Missouri. They are always clean, stocked with nice clean towels and smell clean. I hate when the rooms smell like smoke. My bills were always correct and the staff were always friendly and very accommodating to any requests that I might have.

Jackie Spokane, WA

We have stayed in Best Western hotels in many locations - happy to find good rates and updated hotels wherever we go.

Christopher Milke Olney, MD

Good hotels in solid locations. Consistency of cleanliness and product offering seem to be getting better but not 100% done yet.

Tammy West Valley City, UT

You always know you’re getting a great value when you stay at a Best Western. The rooms are clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and make you feel at home.

Rose Nuffer Orem, UT

They're a reliable chain wherein each of its hotels has more of a distinct personality than some other chains. Last time I stayed at a Best Western I enjoyed the pool and the breakfast selections. The staff was nice and helpful.

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

We have stayed at Best Western hotels a few times. It is not our first choice when looking for a hotel. The rooms were clean but in one we stayed in i distinctly remember it had a musty smell. They didn't have a free breakfast. I did not feel like the customer service was very good. They were grumpy and they didn't go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.

Lydia Griffin American Fork, UT

Amazing! When ever we go out of town we stay at Best Western. We especially love the Anaheim, Best Western Inn and Suites! It is very clean and close to Disneyland, it also has a very yummy continental breakfast.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Best Western has been around for a long time offering clean and economical lodging. I like to use them to keep my trip costs down. They have a friendly staff, and the accommodations are modern, clean, and ready. The low cost is the value here, and it's so worth the easy reservation!

Caryl Burridge Ipswich, MA

Planned a much needed "date night" w/my hubby & stayed @ Best Western Plus in Manchester, NH. Highly recommend from Backyard Brewery, hot tub, pool, exercise room, complimentary breakfast bar & 24 hr. coffee not to mention reasonable price, clean & friendly!

Kimmi Riverton, UT

Great family friendly place to stay. We need two rooms to fit my family therefore the price is great. We are always able to get connecting rooms which makes me feel safe. Having a breakfast there makes it even easier for my family to travel.

Sunil Dharamsi Bristow, VA

A group of us stayed at Virginia Beach Bestwestern plus 2809 Atlantic avenue, Had 6 rooms on 5th floor from August 2nd to 5th. We had issues with front desk management about accommodating large groups of people and were presented with rude attitudes by the manager. don't want to name names so that he gets into trouble - The inconsistency of answers and accommodating when facilities were available. The bathroom in several rooms had no shower curtain, the showerhead malfunctioned at times. The towel rod came out. When this was all mentioned to the Manager he said that he did not care and that next year the hotel was going to be renovated. We have been staying at the locations for years and were really taken back this year. breakfast had decent options. but does not accomodate any vegetarian hot food options. you may want to look into it. However, on a positive note, the rest of the staff was good and overall it was still a decent experience. If you have any questions I can be reached on 703-599-9366

Mary Hernandez Rockford, IL

We stayed at Best Western in Watsonville California, the continental breakfast was good and had more variety then you would normally see. Nora in the breakfast room is very attentive. The rooms were clean, the flowers/landscape lovely. My only complaint would be next time I would ask a room away from the pool. People in the pool make a lot of noise and the sound comes into the room. But if you don't go to sleep until 10:00 pm then it should not be a problem. The pool closes at 10:00 pm

Denise Eureka, CA

I have stayed at the Best Western Plus Country Wine Inn in Santa Rosa California since 2014, between 1 to 3 times a year. Although the hotel remodeled the lobby area, they have left a great many of the rooms in disrepair. I travel with my dog, so I book a standard King, usually first floor, with small patio and walking area into the common area near/around the pool. The room size is great. The small patio, with sliding door exit, is great, but the screen door does not close completely or lock, so no security if want to leave the door open and get air through screen door. The beds are always comfortable with good sheets. Everything else is bringing down the hotel. Microwave: Has to be 10 years old and barely worked with the plate inside broken so nothing moved. Refrigerator, either not cold enough or freezes everything. WiFi is just ok; could be a lot better. Bathroom molding cracked, signs of rotting. Bathroom sink, barely drained. Need soundproofing in ceiling to limit noise from 2nd floor. Carpeting old and torn. Stains on curtains. The rods were broken, I had to manually push the curtains to close them. I left a request for wake up service; the call never came. My last stay made me realize I need to look for another hotel in the area, which there are many that allow dogs.