The first Baymont Inn and Suites opened in Oshkosh, Wisconsin in 1973 and was originally named Budgetel. Baymont Inn and Suites became the official name in 1999. The hotel chain was the idea of the CEO of Marcus Corporation, Steven Marcus, who wanted to create a limited-service, discount price hotel chain. In 2004 Baymont Inn and Suites was sold to La Quinta Corporation, then in 2005 Blackstone Group who in turn sold to Wyndham Worldwide. There are currently over 400 Baymont Inn and Suites in operation across the country.
Baymont Inn and Suites has long had the goal to offer great service at discounted prices. That is nice for every traveler who may be on a budget or simply looking for a quick pit-stop to rejuvenate while on the road. Being a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of hotels give Baymont Inn and Suites the ability to have access to a number of resources that would otherwise be unavailable.
There are a number of things that make Baymont Inn and Suites a great choice for the weary traveler. Here are a few:
- Affordable: Quality at a discount price is always a challenge, but Baymont seems to offer both.
- Breakfast: Continental breakfast is a staple at all Baymont locations. Who doesn't love free food?
- Rewards: Loyal customers can join the Wyndham Rewards club and get points and exclusive offers.
- Deals: There are a number of ways to save, even if you aren't a Wyndham Rewards member.
- Pools: Many locations offer pools and exercise facilities.
- Connect: Stay connected with free high-speed wi-fi at every location.
Baymont Inn and Suites strive to offer their customers everything they need. They believe they can offer their customers everything they need from breakfast to bedtime.
- Meeting space
Baymont Inn and Suites has had a colorful history being included in a sale or purchase on three different occasions in a five year span can put any company on shaky ground. Through the ups and downs Baymont has remained strong, but there are a few weaknesses that must be mentioned.
With 400 locations across the country Baymont Suites is not everywhere that you may need them to be. This weakness is somewhat alleviated by their affiliation with Wyndham Worldwide. A couple more weaknesses should be included:
- Baymont Inn and Suites does not offer options like other hotel chains. They have one offering: limited-service, discount-priced hotel. There is no variety, so don't look to Baymont to fit every situation.
- Baymont is not the type of hotel chain that can offer space for meetings, or conferences. If you have a large group it would be best to explore other options.
The Bottom Line
Baymont Inn and Suites was started with one purpose in mind to offer customers a limited-service, discount-priced hotel. That's what you can expect when you stay at Baymont. Their prices are good and their service is great, but the options are limited. Being a part of Wyndham Worldwide is a huge strength, but it still doesn't make up for some of the weaknesses. In summation there are a few things to remember:
- Baymont Inn and Suites offers all of the amenities you need, and includes a continental breakfast at every location.
- There are only 400 locations across the country, so there may not be one near your desired destination.
- Wyndham Worldwide affiliations allows customers to gain and use rewards at Baymont and all other hotels that are part of the Wyndham conglomerate.