Travelocity.com has been in the online vacation planning and booking industry for many years. As veterans of the industry, Travelocity.com has become a standard by which many other companies try and measure up to—but for many, the site's years of development are hard to overcome.

The Good

• Discounted Rates
  • Price Guarantee
  • Mobile App
  • Great Features
  • Popular Destinations
  • Travel for Good

Discounted Rates

Travelocity.com offers discounted rates on flights, hotels, car rentals as well as last minute travel deals and activities (tickets, etc.). They allow travelers to compare package deals and shop for what they need for their upcoming trips.

On top of that, members save an extra 10% or more on some hotels.

Price Guarantee

A price match guarantee offers travelers peace of mind when booking with this site. If they find a better price within 24 hours of booking on Travelocity.com, the company will credit or refund the difference.

Mobile App

Travelocity.com excels in their mobile app and offers travelers discounts which are exclusive to mobile app users, making it appealing and worthwhile to download and make travel reservations on the go. Additionally, they offer travelers a low price guarantee, giving peace of mind to search-weary folks who just want or need a vacation without the hassles of multiple booking sites.

Great Features

Travelocity.com has been around since 1996 and as such has had plenty of time to develop their brand to offer the best deals to their satisfied customers. Some of the ways which they do so are:

• Ability to customize your own travel package (hotel, airfare, car, cruises, even tickets, etc.) based upon your needs
  • Last minute travel specials
  • Easy to use mobile app with app-specific discounts
  • User-friendly, easy-to-navigate website
  • Friendly 24/7 customer service by phone or email
  • Exclusive "Things to do" tab offering suggestions for planning travel

Popular Destinations

Another plus Travelocity provides regular flights deals for destinations like Milan, Italy and hotel deals to locations like Copenhagen, Denmark. The online agency's site makes it simple for travelers to find out what's popular on its homepage with its list of popular hotel destinations, popular flight destinations and the best rental car deals in locations around the world.

Travel for Good

This online travel company offers a special program called Travel for Good, which helps customers explore volunteer opportunities and offers a discount on hotel stays.

The Bad

• Restrictions
  • Limited Guarantee
  • International Reach

Restrictions

As with most third-party discount travel sites, the reservations made on Travelocity.com usually come with some pretty strict guidelines and restrictions.

Make sure that you understand exactly what you are buying and the terms and conditions with your reservations before buying.

Limited Guarantee

The price guarantee is somewhat limited in its scope. It requires the traveler to find the price online and then submit an application.

This is the last thing that many research-weary travelers want to do.

International Reach

Compared to its parent company, Travelocity does not have the diverse and international appeal and capacity like Expedia which meets the needs of 31 different countries including Mexico and Germany. Travelocity's focus is limited to the United States and Canada despite providing deals around the world to popular locations like Maui, Hawaii and Barcelona, Spain.

The Bottom Line

Travelocity.com has been in the business for many years and as such has built a solid reputation by serving their customers. The features of the site make it easy to navigate and the search results are comprehensive. Customer service for Travelocity.com is easy to contact. It's a good site to work with.

2.2

Michelle Dunlap
July 30th, 2019 Spencerport, NY

While speaking to a rep, i was lied to about the concern i had. It took 3 emails back and forth to explain my concern to the same person that clearly didnt care. I will never use Travelocity again. Expedia from now on.

Nancy
June 17th, 2019 Kaukauna, WI DETAILS

Had a very bad experience booking with this company. The motel I stayed at after booking through Travelocity, was disgusting to say the least , I even got hurt staying there. When I contacted them to help me get a refund, they said they could not help. No concern for the customers at all !! Will never ever book through them again, because if anything goes wrong, they won't help!

Treva
May 16th, 2019 Gaffney, SC DETAILS

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They cancelled my sons flight without notice. He found out when he arrived at the airport. We could not get help with customer service. We purchased another ticket at the ticket counter so he wouldn't miss his connecting flight at JFK. He finally arrived at JFK to find that his flight to Kenya was also not accurate. Travelocity said it was the airports issue to deal with. At thus very moment he us stuck at JFK trying to find a flight to kenya. He is a missionary and travels often. Someone told us we could save money using Travelocity - definitely not true - not reliable - not helpful - not worth the time. I would never recommend this companynto anyone. Its not even worth 1 star. Super disappointed. We will have a mission team flying to Mexico in the summer definitely will go directly through the airline.

carolyn
April 8th, 2019 Powder Springs, GA DETAILS

Had I left a review on the first day of my trip it would have been an one, however; a customer service manager stepped in and made my trip better. The one thing I would suggest is for Travelocity to learn about properties. Booked a HOTEL in Panama City Beach once there I found that I was booked at a MOTEL, Osprey on the Gulf. Osprey on th Gulf sounds nice but it is really Osprey Motel as reflected on the receipt and check in papers. I was disgusted. I called customer service and was initially told that I was wrong that it was a hotel. I direct message customer service in twitter so I could send them a copy of the receipt and check in papers. I was willing to send pictures. I ended up staying there a night with my girls and was highly upset. I called back and got a manager who actually listened and sympathize with my issue. I was given a credit and moved to a different hotel, the Majestic. We were highly satisfied with this hotel. We look forward to staying there next year.

Jill
January 2nd, 2019 Stacy, MN DETAILS

Spent over 2 hours total on the phone, still no resolution. Ended up having to cancel my trip within 24 hours of booking, thankful that I purchased travel insurance. It's super awesome that my HORRIBLE experience with TRAVELOCITY cost me $92. Don't trust the deal you think you're getting, it's going to cost you time, money and frustration in the end. I promise it's not worth it.

Concerned Daughter
January 2nd, 2019 Greenville, SC DETAILS

After my experience with Travelocity I will never work with them again under any circumstances. I bought insurance on a multicity trip and my ma got hospitalized with cancer while I was home. When I tried to change my flight they tried to sell me another one but did not promise to refund me money! In addition they wouldn’t even change one of the flights and or let me omit one of the flights! They have no hearts and are one of the worst companies I have ever worked with. They truely do not deserve anyone’s business and shouldn’t be allowed to operate within the market. The insurance is a complete SCAM and the people there could care less about you and any issue you’re having. What a horrible horrible company! If my mother being hospitalized isn’t an insidental please inform me of what is!

Michelle Nelson
October 16th, 2018 Urbana, IL DETAILS

Honestly, I have been a travelocity user for years without incident. Recently, I had an odd experience with an employee when I tried to change my reservation. I gave him my credit card number over the phone. The very next morning my credit card had an unauthorized charge. I tried to communicate with Travelocity but kept getting the run-around and was put in touch with people at call centers following a script. The whole episode was so upsetting that I will never use Travelocity again.

Roza
October 11th, 2018 DETAILS

I was in Paris and the hotel I booked through Travelocity was in a dangerous location and the room was the worst I have ever seen! Bed bugs!!!! I was to scared to leave because of the area and it was late. I complained and nothing happened. Not even a response from Travelocity. I rented a car recently and Travelocity said I would pay 190$ when I picked up the car NO SURPRISES! There were many surprises I paid double the amount! I was not given the proper information on the site and lied to about the price! I don’t think I’ll use this site again. Buyer beware!

Kay Lee Brinker
September 26th, 2018 Tetonia, ID DETAILS

Excellent Customer Service and Pricing. Always give best deals. Tried someone else, didn’t work out. Learned my lesson.

Shari Evers
September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I love websites that offer everything in multiple combinations, especially when it comes to vacations. Travelocity has a really easy website to navigate, with all the options laid out right there for you!

Thomas Hullinger
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Travelocity.com has revolutionized the travel industry, and I am grateful for the opportunity to find an affordable hotel, with the amenities that I want, at a price of my choosing. It is very liberating.